Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hot Air From the Oven is insignifcant (was: Delicious Dinner in Under 30 Minutes)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:02:01 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> It sounds like kitchen myths your [grand]mothers passed down to you
>> without much science behind it. The oven isn't exactly a forced-air
>> furnace. Undisturbed heat rises pretty quickly while you spend most
>> of your time indoors in the lower 3/5ths of the space between your
>> feet and the ceiling.

> How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
> head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
(our) 8" and more! :-P

But to answer your question specifically, I have a cathedral ceiling
and it's tallest point is right outside the only kitchen opening.
So I have 240" of space between my feet (when they're on the floor)
and the ceiling where the heat congregates. So for me - if you
average the height of head and ratio that the time spent sitting,
standing, and lying down - I average in the lowest 22% of that space
between my feet and the ceiling. So that 3/5th comes almost down to
just above 1/5th.

Oh, wait.... plus I'm a dwarf, remember?!? Duh! So we can cut that
in half again. Plus a little more considering all my chairs and bed
are also runted to accommodate my midget legs. So that now becomes
the lowest 10%! Or 1/10th instead of the 3/5ths in my original
statement.

Boy, you REALLY stepped in THAT one! ;-) Take a lesson from Gary.
What's that lesson again, Gary? [bending my ear towards Gary...]

ObFood: Sanbeiji (3-Cup Chicken) will be dinner. It's one of the
most popular dishes in China and Taiwan, but you'll rarely (if ever)
see it on any menus here. Mine will be skin-on boneless thighs cut
into quarters lengthwise.

https://www.seriouseats.com/taiwanes...-bei-gi-recipe

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:02:01 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds like kitchen myths your [grand]mothers passed down to you
>>> without much science behind it. The oven isn't exactly a forced-air
>>> furnace. Undisturbed heat rises pretty quickly while you spend most
>>> of your time indoors in the lower 3/5ths of the space between your
>>> feet and the ceiling.

>> How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
>> head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

> You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
> hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
> sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
> I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
> (our) 8" and more! :-P
>
> But to answer your question specifically, I have a cathedral ceiling
> and it's tallest point is right outside the only kitchen opening.
> So I have 240" of space between my feet (when they're on the floor)
> and the ceiling where the heat congregates. So for me - if you
> average the height of head and ratio that the time spent sitting,
> standing, and lying down - I average in the lowest 22% of that space
> between my feet and the ceiling. So that 3/5th comes almost down to
> just above 1/5th.
>
> Oh, wait.... plus I'm a dwarf, remember?!? Duh! So we can cut that
> in half again. Plus a little more considering all my chairs and bed
> are also runted to accommodate my midget legs. So that now becomes
> the lowest 10%! Or 1/10th instead of the 3/5ths in my original
> statement.
>
> Boy, you REALLY stepped in THAT one! ;-) Take a lesson from Gary.
> What's that lesson again, Gary? [bending my ear towards Gary...]
>
> ObFood: Sanbeiji (3-Cup Chicken) will be dinner. It's one of the
> most popular dishes in China and Taiwan, but you'll rarely (if ever)
> see it on any menus here. Mine will be skin-on boneless thighs cut
> into quarters lengthwise.
>
> https://www.seriouseats.com/taiwanes...-bei-gi-recipe
>
> -sw

Chicken sounds good. Sounds pretty exotic too.

Lots of things ain't on the menu in texas.

Armadillo chilli is ALWAYS on the menu in Texass!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:31:45 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:02:01 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds like kitchen myths your [grand]mothers passed down to you
>>> without much science behind it. The oven isn't exactly a forced-air
>>> furnace. Undisturbed heat rises pretty quickly while you spend most
>>> of your time indoors in the lower 3/5ths of the space between your
>>> feet and the ceiling.

>> How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
>> head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

>You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
>hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
>sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
>I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
>(our) 8" and more! :-P
>
>But to answer your question specifically, I have a cathedral ceiling
>and it's tallest point is right outside the only kitchen opening.
>So I have 240" of space between my feet (when they're on the floor)
>and the ceiling where the heat congregates. So for me - if you
>average the height of head and ratio that the time spent sitting,
>standing, and lying down - I average in the lowest 22% of that space
>between my feet and the ceiling. So that 3/5th comes almost down to
>just above 1/5th.
>
>Oh, wait.... plus I'm a dwarf, remember?!? Duh! So we can cut that
>in half again. Plus a little more considering all my chairs and bed
>are also runted to accommodate my midget legs. So that now becomes
>the lowest 10%! Or 1/10th instead of the 3/5ths in my original
>statement.
>
>Boy, you REALLY stepped in THAT one! ;-) Take a lesson from Gary.
>What's that lesson again, Gary? [bending my ear towards Gary...]
>
>ObFood: Sanbeiji (3-Cup Chicken) will be dinner. It's one of the
>most popular dishes in China and Taiwan, but you'll rarely (if ever)
>see it on any menus here. Mine will be skin-on boneless thighs cut
>into quarters lengthwise.
>
>https://www.seriouseats.com/taiwanes...-bei-gi-recipe
>
>-sw

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:09:52 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:

>>> How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
>>> head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

>> You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
>> hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
>> sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
>> I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
>> (our) 8" and more! :-P
>>
>> But to answer your question specifically, I have a cathedral ceiling
>> and it's tallest point is right outside the only kitchen opening.
>> So I have 240" of space between my feet (when they're on the floor)
>> and the ceiling where the heat congregates. So for me - if you
>> average the height of head and ratio that the time spent sitting,
>> standing, and lying down - I average in the lowest 22% of that space
>> between my feet and the ceiling. So that 3/5th comes almost down to
>> just above 1/5th.
>>
>> Oh, wait.... plus I'm a dwarf, remember?!? Duh! So we can cut that
>> in half again. Plus a little more considering all my chairs and bed
>> are also runted to accommodate my midget legs. So that now becomes
>> the lowest 10%! Or 1/10th instead of the 3/5ths in my original
>> statement.
>>
>> Boy, you REALLY stepped in THAT one! ;-) Take a lesson from Gary.
>> What's that lesson again, Gary? [bending my ear towards Gary...]
>>
>> ObFood: Sanbeiji (3-Cup Chicken) will be dinner. It's one of the
>> most popular dishes in China and Taiwan, but you'll rarely (if ever)
>> see it on any menus here. Mine will be skin-on boneless thighs cut
>> into quarters lengthwise.
>>
>> https://www.seriouseats.com/taiwanes...-bei-gi-recipe
>>
>> -sw
>>

>Chicken sounds good. Sounds pretty exotic too.
>
>Lots of things ain't on the menu in texas.
>
>Armadillo chilli is ALWAYS on the menu in Texass!!!!

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 6:32:11 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:02:01 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> >> It sounds like kitchen myths your [grand]mothers passed down to you
> >> without much science behind it. The oven isn't exactly a forced-air
> >> furnace. Undisturbed heat rises pretty quickly while you spend most
> >> of your time indoors in the lower 3/5ths of the space between your
> >> feet and the ceiling.

> > How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
> > head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

> You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
> hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
> sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
> I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
> (our) 8" and more! :-P

What proportion of your time in the kitchen do you spend sitting
or lying down?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 1:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 6:32:11 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
>>> head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

>> You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
>> hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
>> sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
>> I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
>> (our) 8" and more! :-P

> What proportion of your time in the kitchen do you spend sitting
> or lying down?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Why is the head the measuring point? Should be the integral of the
entire body height, perhaps a bit more weighted to the head.

Why did I get involved in this ridiculous discussion?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:27:04 AM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 1:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
> >> hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
> >> sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
> >> I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
> >> (our) 8" and more! :-P

> > What proportion of your time in the kitchen do you spend sitting
> > or lying down?
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Why is the head the measuring point? Should be the integral of the
> entire body height, perhaps a bit more weighted to the head.

I don't know about you, but when my head is hot, I feel worse than
when my hands or feet are hot. The head is the most sensitive
area, so I used that.

> Why did I get involved in this ridiculous discussion?

Lack of willpower?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 6:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:02:01 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds like kitchen myths your [grand]mothers passed down to you
>>> without much science behind it. The oven isn't exactly a forced-air
>>> furnace. Undisturbed heat rises pretty quickly while you spend most
>>> of your time indoors in the lower 3/5ths of the space between your
>>> feet and the ceiling.

>> How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
>> head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

> You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
> hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
> sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
> I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
> (our) 8" and more! :-P
>
> But to answer your question specifically, I have a cathedral ceiling
> and it's tallest point is right outside the only kitchen opening.
> So I have 240" of space between my feet (when they're on the floor)
> and the ceiling where the heat congregates. So for me - if you
> average the height of head and ratio that the time spent sitting,
> standing, and lying down - I average in the lowest 22% of that space
> between my feet and the ceiling. So that 3/5th comes almost down to
> just above 1/5th.
>
> Oh, wait.... plus I'm a dwarf, remember?!? Duh! So we can cut that
> in half again. Plus a little more considering all my chairs and bed
> are also runted to accommodate my midget legs. So that now becomes
> the lowest 10%! Or 1/10th instead of the 3/5ths in my original
> statement.
>
> Boy, you REALLY stepped in THAT one! ;-) Take a lesson from Gary.
> What's that lesson again, Gary? [bending my ear towards Gary...]

Cindy...the lesson that Steve talks about is just this:
Steve *always* has to win and he will even make up things in order to do so.

Best advice is to walk away and let him think he won. That's worked well
for me. Arguing is a waste of time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:50:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

> Steve *always* has to win and he will even make up things in order to do so.
>
> Best advice is to walk away and let him think he won. That's worked well
> for me. Arguing is a waste of time.

I eventually will get bored with this and move on to another argument.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 4:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> all my chairs and bed
> are also runted to accommodate my midget legs.

TMI!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:53:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:50:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
>> Steve *always* has to win and he will even make up things in order to do so.
>>
>> Best advice is to walk away and let him think he won. That's worked well
>> for me. Arguing is a waste of time.

>I eventually will get bored with this and move on to another argument.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The Dwarf relies on his ****-poor reading comprehension... he has me
falling on carpeting... we have no carpeting... NONE! Every floor in
our house is solid tongue in groove hardwood; white oak and Brazilian
cherry, for minimal dust accumulation. We try not to visit people who
have carpeting, their homes are FILTHY. W to W carpeting are the
FILTHIEST conditions possible.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 8:53 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:50:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
>> Steve *always* has to win and he will even make up things in order to do so.
>>
>> Best advice is to walk away and let him think he won. That's worked well
>> for me. Arguing is a waste of time.

> I eventually will get bored with this and move on to another argument.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

We're not even done parsing why you mock the dead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 11:00 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> W to W carpeting are the
> FILTHIEST conditions possible.

But it's a great way to archive kitty's hairballs.

https://bigsislilsis.com/wp-content/.../gabygross.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:47:21 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 8:53 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:50:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> >
> >> Steve *always* has to win and he will even make up things in order to do so.
> >>
> >> Best advice is to walk away and let him think he won. That's worked well
> >> for me. Arguing is a waste of time.

> > I eventually will get bored with this and move on to another argument.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> We're not even done parsing why you mock the dead.

Please provide an example where I have mocked the dead.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 6:32:11 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

This morning I was painting my kitchen. Even without the oven running,
and _with_ the central air-conditioning and a fan blowing into the kitchen,
it was uncomfortably warm up by the ceiling.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 1:09 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:47:21 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> I eventually will get bored with this and move on to another argument.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> We're not even done parsing why you mock the dead.

> Please provide an example where I have mocked the dead.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Oh I see, you supported the mockery of the departed, but not to the
point of doing so?

Interesting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:10:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 6:32:11 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>This morning I was painting my kitchen. Even without the oven running,
>and _with_ the central air-conditioning and a fan blowing into the kitchen,
>it was uncomfortably warm up by the ceiling.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 01:32:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 6:32:11 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>> > How friggin' tall are your ceilings? 3/5ths of 8 feet is 4.8 feet. My
>> > head, which is where the "thermometer" is, is 5.5 feet off the ground.

>> You're arguing about 8 inches out of 96? OK, what proportion of 24
>> hours in your home do you spend standing upright as opposed to
>> sitting or lying down? I sit with my head 4'5" above the floor. And
>> I lie down even lower when sleeping for 4-10 hours. So there's my
>> (our) 8" and more! :-P

>What proportion of your time in the kitchen do you spend sitting
>or lying down?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Not Dave Smith.