Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fried Chicken Thigh Sandwich and Rings

Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours, slightly pounded,
buttermilk breaded, with ranch mayo and pepperjack cheese.

And a side of Architeuthis dux rings with the some extra ranch mayo.

https://i.postimg.cc/Cx9yF0s0/Fried-...-and-Squid.jpg

Taken with my new shitty camera (a Sony DSMC-W800). 6 pictures
taken and this blurry one easily won this round.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:36:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
>hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours, slightly pounded,
>buttermilk breaded, with ranch mayo and pepperjack cheese.
>
>And a side of Architeuthis dux rings with the some extra ranch mayo.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/Cx9yF0s0/Fried-...-and-Squid.jpg
>
>Taken with my new shitty camera (a Sony DSMC-W800). 6 pictures
>taken and this blurry one easily won this round.
>
>-sw

What's in that small black bowl... looks like a used condom.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:36:02 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:36:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
> >Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
> >hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours, slightly pounded,
> >buttermilk breaded, with ranch mayo and pepperjack cheese.
> >
> >And a side of Architeuthis dux rings with the some extra ranch mayo.
> >
> >https://i.postimg.cc/Cx9yF0s0/Fried-...-and-Squid.jpg
> >
> >Taken with my new shitty camera (a Sony DSMC-W800). 6 pictures
> >taken and this blurry one easily won this round.
> >
> >-sw

> What's in that small black bowl... looks like a used condom.

A "pee - wee" sized prophylactic, lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
>hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours, slightly pounded,
>buttermilk breaded, with ranch mayo and pepperjack cheese.
>
>And a side of Architeuthis dux rings with the some extra ranch mayo.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/Cx9yF0s0/Fried-...-and-Squid.jpg
>
>Taken with my new shitty camera (a Sony DSMC-W800). 6 pictures
>taken and this blurry one easily won this round.
>
>-sw

I'll have just the architeuthis please. Don't mess with dux, too
dangerous.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:35:57 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> What's in that small black bowl... looks like a used condom.

Ahh, yes. Of course the expert used condom taster has to get a word
on here.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 7:35 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:36:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
>> hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours, slightly pounded,
>> buttermilk breaded, with ranch mayo and pepperjack cheese.
>>
>> And a side of Architeuthis dux rings with the some extra ranch mayo.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Cx9yF0s0/Fried-...-and-Squid.jpg
>>
>> Taken with my new shitty camera (a Sony DSMC-W800). 6 pictures
>> taken and this blurry one easily won this round.
>>
>> -sw

> What's in that small black bowl... looks like a used condom.

Heavy load too.

;-0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 10:40 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:35:57 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
>> What's in that small black bowl... looks like a used condom.

> Ahh, yes. Of course the expert used condom taster has to get a word
> on here.
>
> -sw

Overly familiar with the cuckold lifestyle this one seems to be...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 06:36:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
>>hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours, slightly pounded,
>>buttermilk breaded, with ranch mayo and pepperjack cheese.
>>
>>And a side of Architeuthis dux rings with the some extra ranch mayo.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/Cx9yF0s0/Fried-...-and-Squid.jpg
>>
>>Taken with my new shitty camera (a Sony DSMC-W800). 6 pictures
>>taken and this blurry one easily won this round.
>>
>>-sw

>What's in that small black bowl... looks like a used condom.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 7:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
> hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours,

Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:46:04 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> On 6/3/2021 7:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
> > hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours,

> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
country, and they brine in pickle juice. Here's one that calls for up to
12 hours in pickle brine:

https://www.seriouseats.com/five-ing...andwich-recipe

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 10:52:09 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:46:04 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > On 6/3/2021 7:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > > Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
> > > hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours,

> > Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
> country, and they brine in pickle juice. Here's one that calls for up to
> 12 hours in pickle brine:

I keep forgetting to try KFC's new deluxe chicken sandwich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:46:04 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> On 6/3/2021 7:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> > Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
>> > hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours,

>> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

>Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>country, and they brine in pickle juice. Here's one that calls for up to
>12 hours in pickle brine:
>
>https://www.seriouseats.com/five-ing...andwich-recipe
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:46:04 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> On 6/3/2021 7:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
>>> hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours,

>> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

Got a problem with that, Chef Hungry Man?

> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
> country, and they brine in pickle juice.

Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
ingredients.

> Here's one that calls for up to
> 12 hours in pickle brine:
>
> https://www.seriouseats.com/five-ing...andwich-recipe

That's the recipe I use. And I'm eating the reheated extra sandwich
right now.

At 8 hours, the chicken came out too pickely. And at 3 hours, not
pickely enough. So I'll shoot for 5 hours next time.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 10:39 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 10:52:09 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

>> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>> country, and they brine in pickle juice. Here's one that calls for up to
>> 12 hours in pickle brine:

> I keep forgetting to try KFC's new deluxe chicken sandwich.

Sad they abandoned their double down:

https://images.saymedia-content.com/...fast-food.webp
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 11:54 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>> country, and they brine in pickle juice.

> Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
> ingredients.

Oh?

https://foodbabe.com/here-are-the-55...-you-eat-them/

QUICK LOOK:

Chick-fil-As famous chicken sandwich has 55 ingredients, including MSG,
artificial colors Yellow 5 and Blue 1, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate,
Potassium Iodate, and Dimethylpolysiloxane.
These additives are linked to several health risks, and some are banned
or heavily restricted in other countries.

I'll take the myth please!

Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast meat nuggets, salt,
monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour
[with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate,
riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk,
leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium
phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat
milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with
dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 8:08:29 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 11:54 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
> >> country, and they brine in pickle juice.

> > Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
> > ingredients.
> >

> Oh?
>

> https://foodbabe.com/here-are-the-55...-you-eat-them/
>
> QUICK LOOK:
>
> Chick-fil-As famous chicken sandwich has 55 ingredients, including MSG,
> artificial colors Yellow 5 and Blue 1, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate,
> Potassium Iodate, and Dimethylpolysiloxane.
> These additives are linked to several health risks, and some are banned
> or heavily restricted in other countries.
>
> I'll take the myth please!
>
> Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast meat nuggets, salt,
> monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour
> [with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate,
> riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk,
> leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium
> phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat
> milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with
> dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]).

We're waiting around for those guys to build one of their palace of fine chickens over here. They said they were going to but that was a lie. Da basturds! The younger folks on this rock seem to really dig Raising Cane's chicken. It's pretty good stuff. I suppose it's marinated in too. Hopefully, not in pickle juice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

> >Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
> >country, and they brine in pickle juice. Here's one that calls for up to
> >12 hours in pickle brine:
> >
> >https://www.seriouseats.com/five-ing...andwich-recipe
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
product they sell.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>> >country, and they brine in pickle juice. Here's one that calls for up to
>> >12 hours in pickle brine:
>> >
>> >https://www.seriouseats.com/five-ing...andwich-recipe
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

>Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>product they sell.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
Gary can't brew coffee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:54:29 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

>Got a problem with that, Chef Hungry Man?
>
>> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>> country, and they brine in pickle juice.

>Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
>ingredients.

Did somebody say 'ingredients'?

Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich

"Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast with rib meat, salt,
monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour
[with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate,
riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat
milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium
phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat
milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with
dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]), bun (flour [wheat
flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate,
riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, wheat gluten, contains
2% or less of each of the following: soybean oil, salt, cultured wheat
flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, enzymes, wheat starch,
monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, DATEM, soy lecithin, potassium
iodate), butter oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin,
natural flavor and beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar,
salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservative],
natural flavors [dill emulsion], polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1)."

Could any of the resident Americans do a little experiment and check
if they glow in the dark? With all the stuff you people ingest, I
wouldn't be surprised.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 12:36 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>> Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
>>> ingredients.
>>>

>> Oh?
>>

>> https://foodbabe.com/here-are-the-55...-you-eat-them/
>>
>> QUICK LOOK:
>>
>> Chick-fil-As famous chicken sandwich has 55 ingredients, including MSG,
>> artificial colors Yellow 5 and Blue 1, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate,
>> Potassium Iodate, and Dimethylpolysiloxane.
>> These additives are linked to several health risks, and some are banned
>> or heavily restricted in other countries.
>>
>> I'll take the myth please!
>>
>> Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast meat nuggets, salt,
>> monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour
>> [with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate,
>> riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk,
>> leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium
>> phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat
>> milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with
>> dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]).

> We're waiting around for those guys to build one of their palace of fine chickens over here. They said they were going to but that was a lie. Da basturds! The younger folks on this rock seem to really dig Raising Cane's chicken. It's pretty good stuff. I suppose it's marinated in too. Hopefully, not in pickle juice.

Thanks for the memory tickler, I really do need to try that joint.

It seems to be chicken fingers only.

Is the sauce any good?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

> Got a problem with that, Chef Hungry Man?
>
>> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>> country, and they brine in pickle juice.

> Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
> ingredients.

But you get a gold star in heaven if you eat their grub.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

>Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>product they sell.

And how many hard to pronounce ingredients are in the product. The
more the better, <start of Gary logic> because that means they've
worked hard to make it taste good. < end of Gary logic>

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-04 3:17 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
> product they sell.

I guess we underestimate the quality of the golden arches because they
have sold billions of burgers. That would make them gourmet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 2:01 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

>> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>> product they sell.

> And how many hard to pronounce ingredients are in the product. The
> more the better, <start of Gary logic> because that means they've
> worked hard to make it taste good. < end of Gary logic>

Why is Gary on the bullying list?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 2:11 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-04 3:17 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

>> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>> product they sell.
>>

> I guess we underestimate the quality of the golden arches because they
> have sold billions of burgers. That would make them gourmet.

Does gourmet correlate with sales success?

Do most people drive Bentleys and Rollers?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-04 3:24 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>> product they sell.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
> Gary can't brew coffee.

I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the impression
of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast because the meat
is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook properly. There is a fine
window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb, it is not good under cooked
and it the texture goes all to hell when over cooked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 2:14 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I have known a number of people who gave the impression of being
> competent cooks but do not like chicken breast because the meat is dru
> and flavourless.Â* It is tough to cook properly. There is a fine window
> of doneness.

That is EASILY solved by brining.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24...chicken-brine/

Serves 4

Ingredient Checklist

…“ cup and 1 tablespoon and …™ teaspoon water

2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoons and …• teaspoon kosher salt

2 tablespoons and …– teaspoon white sugar

..40 heads garlic, crushed and chopped

2 teaspoons and …– teaspoon dried sage, or to taste

2 teaspoons and …– teaspoon dried basil, or to taste

½ teaspoon and …’ teaspoon whole black peppercorns

..20 large bay leaf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 06:01:19 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

>>Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>>product they sell.

>And how many hard to pronounce ingredients are in the product. The
>more the better, <start of Gary logic> because that means they've
>worked hard to make it taste good. < end of Gary logic>

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 05:53:53 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:54:29 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:

>>Got a problem with that, Chef Hungry Man?
>>
>>> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>>> country, and they brine in pickle juice.

>>Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
>>ingredients.

>Did somebody say 'ingredients'?
>
>Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
>
>"Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast with rib meat, salt,
>monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour
>[with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate,
>riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat
>milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium
>phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat
>milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with
>dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]), bun (flour [wheat
>flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate,
>riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, wheat gluten, contains
>2% or less of each of the following: soybean oil, salt, cultured wheat
>flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, enzymes, wheat starch,
>monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, DATEM, soy lecithin, potassium
>iodate), butter oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin,
>natural flavor and beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar,
>salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservative],
>natural flavors [dill emulsion], polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1)."
>
>Could any of the resident Americans do a little experiment and check
>if they glow in the dark? With all the stuff you people ingest, I
>wouldn't be surprised.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:54:19 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 12:36 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> >>>
> >> Oh?
> >>

> >> https://foodbabe.com/here-are-the-55...-you-eat-them/
> >>
> >> QUICK LOOK:
> >>
> >> Chick-fil-As famous chicken sandwich has 55 ingredients, including MSG,
> >> artificial colors Yellow 5 and Blue 1, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate,
> >> Potassium Iodate, and Dimethylpolysiloxane.
> >> These additives are linked to several health risks, and some are banned
> >> or heavily restricted in other countries.
> >>
> >> I'll take the myth please!
> >>
> >> Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast meat nuggets, salt,
> >> monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour
> >> [with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate,
> >> riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk,
> >> leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium
> >> phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat
> >> milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with
> >> dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]).

> > We're waiting around for those guys to build one of their palace of fine chickens over here. They said they were going to but that was a lie. Da basturds! The younger folks on this rock seem to really dig Raising Cane's chicken. It's pretty good stuff. I suppose it's marinated in too. Hopefully, not in pickle juice.
> >

> Thanks for the memory tickler, I really do need to try that joint.
>
> It seems to be chicken fingers only.
>
> Is the sauce any good?

The chicken fingers are quite good. I can't quite put my finger on why they're so tasty. Mostly, they have a salty juiciness. They're better than the other ones sold on this rock. OTOH, I've never tasted a Chick-Fil-A chicken finger so who knows who is king of chicken? The sauces are okay but nothing exceptional.
If you're into sauces, you might want to try a BTS meal. It comes with two new sauces and 10 McNuggets. Throw away the McNuggets and keep the sauces. If the McNuggets look like the Korean Peninsula, you could probably sell it on eBay and make a couple of bucks. I'm looking for a Jesus McNugget. Then I can buy a Tesla.
Boy, those BTS boys are so white. They could give Ronald McDonald a run for his money!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ou8WmrZ0Pw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> The chicken fingers are quite good. I can't quite put my finger on why they're so tasty. Mostly, they have a salty juiciness. They're better than the other ones sold on this rock. OTOH, I've never tasted a Chick-Fil-A chicken finger so who knows who is king of chicken? The sauces are okay but nothing exceptional.
> If you're into sauces, you might want to try a BTS meal. It comes with two new sauces and 10 McNuggets. Throw away the McNuggets and keep the sauces.. If the McNuggets look like the Korean Peninsula, you could probably sell it on eBay and make a couple of bucks. I'm looking for a Jesus McNugget. Then I can buy a Tesla.
> Boy, those BTS boys are so white. They could give Ronald McDonald a run for his money!
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ou8WmrZ0Pw

You even turn a discussion of poor innocent chicken fingers into a racist screed, Poi Boi...

-> The REAL Bruce [NOT the fake "Dave Smith"]

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 10:14:20 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-04 3:24 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> >> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
> >> product they sell.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
> > Gary can't brew coffee.
> >

> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the impression
> of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast because the meat
> is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook properly. There is a fine
> window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb, it is not good under cooked
> and it the texture goes all to hell when over cooked.

I cook chicken breast by marinating it in Thai curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, cornstarch, and sugar and frying it at high temperature in a wok. I'll bet it would come out even better if I boiled the entire breast, cut it up, marinate and then fry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:57:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 10:14:20 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-04 3:24 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> >
>> > Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>> > Gary can't brew coffee.
>> >

>> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the impression
>> of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast because the meat
>> is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook properly. There is a fine
>> window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb, it is not good under cooked
>> and it the texture goes all to hell when over cooked.

>I cook chicken breast by marinating it in Thai curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, cornstarch, and sugar and frying it at high temperature in a wok. I'll bet it would come out even better if I boiled the entire breast, cut it up, marinate and then fry.

Is a Thai an Asian?
Is an Indian an Asian?
Is an Arab an Asian?
Is a Turk an Asian?
Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?

(just curious)

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 3:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:57:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:

>>> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the impression
>>> of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast because the meat
>>> is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook properly. There is a fine
>>> window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb, it is not good under cooked
>>> and it the texture goes all to hell when over cooked.

>> I cook chicken breast by marinating it in Thai curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, cornstarch, and sugar and frying it at high temperature in a wok. I'll bet it would come out even better if I boiled the entire breast, cut it up, marinate and then fry.

> Is a Thai an Asian?
> Is an Indian an Asian?
> Is an Arab an Asian?
> Is a Turk an Asian?
> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>
> (just curious)

Pakistani criminals in the UK are referred to as Asian, so as not to be
too offensive to the Paki criminals by clearly identifying them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 09:45:46 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 6/3/2021 7:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Poor man's surf and turf: boneless chicken thigh dry brined 12
>> hours and then marinated in pickle juice 3 hours,

>Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Marinating chicken thighs in pickle juice 3 hours. lol

>Got a problem with that, Chef Hungry Man?
>
>> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>> country, and they brine in pickle juice.

>Which is an urban myth if you look at their chicken sandwich
>ingredients.
>
>> Here's one that calls for up to
>> 12 hours in pickle brine:
>>
>> https://www.seriouseats.com/five-ing...andwich-recipe

>That's the recipe I use. And I'm eating the reheated extra sandwich
>right now.
>
>At 8 hours, the chicken came out too pickely. And at 3 hours, not
>pickely enough. So I'll shoot for 5 hours next time.
>
>-sw

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:08:47 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 6/4/2021 3:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:57:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I cook chicken breast by marinating it in Thai curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, cornstarch, and sugar and frying it at high temperature in a wok. I'll bet it would come out even better if I boiled the entire breast, cut it up, marinate and then fry.

>> Is a Thai an Asian?
>> Is an Indian an Asian?
>> Is an Arab an Asian?
>> Is a Turk an Asian?
>> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>>
>> (just curious)
>>

>Pakistani criminals in the UK are referred to as Asian, so as not to be
>too offensive to the Paki criminals by clearly identifying them.

That's very similar to the Netherlands, where Moroccan criminals are
referred to as "lightly tinted", rather than Moroccan.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-04 6:08 p.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 3:00 PM, Bruce pretending to be his idol Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:57:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >

>> Is a Thai an Asian?
>> Is an Indian an Asian?
>> Is an Arab an Asian?
>> Is a Turk an Asian?
>> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>>
>> (just curious)
>>

> Pakistani criminals in the UK are referred to as Asian, so as not to be
> too offensive to the Paki criminals by clearly identifying them.

Apparently you are no longer supposed to refer to Indians as Indians,
Chinese as Chinese, Japanese as Japanese etc. The Chinese/ Wuhan virus
became Covid19 and the variants were identified in terms of the
countries in which they were first identified. Just the other our
authorities decided we can't call them the Indian variariant, South
African or UK variant, the are now identified with letters. For instance
the Indian variant is now the B .1.617 because we don't want to be
smearing the thousands and thousands of south Asians who travelled back
to India despite travel restrictions and then brought it back with them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:01:02 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:57:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:

> >> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the impression
> >> of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast because the meat
> >> is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook properly. There is a fine
> >> window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb, it is not good under cooked
> >> and it the texture goes all to hell when over cooked.

> >I cook chicken breast by marinating it in Thai curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, cornstarch, and sugar and frying it at high temperature in a wok. I'll bet it would come out even better if I boiled the entire breast, cut it up, marinate and then fry.

> Is a Thai an Asian?
> Is an Indian an Asian?
> Is an Arab an Asian?
> Is a Turk an Asian?
> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>
> (just curious)
>
> --
> Not Dave Smith

If you're asking for my opinion, I pretty much follow the American usage of the word. Your terms will probably be different. The reality is that it doesn't matter what you or I call people that live over there and my guess is that they don't give a hoot what some guy living on a tiny rock in the middle of nowhere calls them either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking