Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fried Chicken Thigh Sandwich and Rings

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 08:19:42 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:08:47 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:
>
>>On 6/4/2021 3:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Is a Thai an Asian?
>>> Is an Indian an Asian?
>>> Is an Arab an Asian?
>>> Is a Turk an Asian?
>>> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>>>
>>> (just curious)
>>>

>>Pakistani criminals in the UK are referred to as Asian, so as not to be
>>too offensive to the Paki criminals by clearly identifying them.

>That's very similar to the Netherlands, where Moroccan criminals are
>referred to as "lightly tinted", rather than Moroccan.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> my guess is that they don't give a hoot what some guy living on a tiny rock in the middle of nowhere calls them either.

EXACTLY.

**** OFF DINK.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:07:41 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>> my guess is that they don't give a hoot what some guy living on a tiny rock in the middle of nowhere calls them either.

>EXACTLY.
>
>**** OFF DINK.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:34:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:01:02 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:57:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >I cook chicken breast by marinating it in Thai curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, cornstarch, and sugar and frying it at high temperature in a wok. I'll bet it would come out even better if I boiled the entire breast, cut it up, marinate and then fry.

>> Is a Thai an Asian?
>> Is an Indian an Asian?
>> Is an Arab an Asian?
>> Is a Turk an Asian?
>> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>>
>> (just curious)
>>
>> --
>> Not Dave Smith

> If you're asking for my opinion, I pretty much follow the American usage of the word.
> Your terms will probably be different. The reality is that it doesn't
> matter what you or I call people that live over there and my guess is
> that they don't give a hoot what some guy living on a tiny rock in
> the middle of nowhere calls them either.

I'm interested in how you see this. If we weren't interested in what
other people think, we wouldn't be in a newsgroup. My guess is that
you only call the people that you idolise 'Asians', so that's
Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 09:33:46 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:34:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:01:02 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Is a Thai an Asian?
>>> Is an Indian an Asian?
>>> Is an Arab an Asian?
>>> Is a Turk an Asian?
>>> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>>>
>>> (just curious)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Not Dave Smith

>> If you're asking for my opinion, I pretty much follow the American usage of the word.
>> Your terms will probably be different. The reality is that it doesn't
>> matter what you or I call people that live over there and my guess is
>> that they don't give a hoot what some guy living on a tiny rock in
>> the middle of nowhere calls them either.

>I'm interested in how you see this. If we weren't interested in what
>other people think, we wouldn't be in a newsgroup. My guess is that
>you only call the people that you idolise 'Asians', so that's
>Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:33:52 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> I'm interested in how you see this. If we weren't interested in what
> other people think, we wouldn't be in a newsgroup. My guess is that
> you only call the people that you idolise 'Asians', so that's
> Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.
>
> --
> Not Dave Smith

As I said I use the standard American usage. It's irrelevant who I idolize, the only thing that matters is how Americans use the word "Asian." If you're saying that Americans idolize Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans, you're pretty much out of touch with the United States. OTOH, I guess you could say that American youth idolize Koreans. It's pretty much that way around the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMweEpGlu_U
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 17:06:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:33:52 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in how you see this. If we weren't interested in what
>> other people think, we wouldn't be in a newsgroup. My guess is that
>> you only call the people that you idolise 'Asians', so that's
>> Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.
>>
>> --
>> Not Dave Smith

> As I said I use the standard American usage. It's irrelevant who I
> idolize, the only thing that matters is how Americans use the word
> "Asian." If you're saying that Americans idolize Japanese, Chinese,
> and Koreans, you're pretty much out of touch with the United States.

I didn't say that at all.

> OTOH, I guess you could say that American youth idolize Koreans. It's
> pretty much that way around the world.

Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?

Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 17:06:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
> >On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:33:52 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> >> I'm interested in how you see this. If we weren't interested in what
> >> other people think, we wouldn't be in a newsgroup. My guess is that
> >> you only call the people that you idolise 'Asians', so that's
> >> Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Not Dave Smith

> > As I said I use the standard American usage. It's irrelevant who I
> > idolize, the only thing that matters is how Americans use the word
> > "Asian." If you're saying that Americans idolize Japanese, Chinese,
> > and Koreans, you're pretty much out of touch with the United States.

> I didn't say that at all.
> > OTOH, I guess you could say that American youth idolize Koreans. It's
> > pretty much that way around the world.

> Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
>
> Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
>
> --
> Not Dave Smith

BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-06-04 3:24 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> > > Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
> > > product they sell.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
> > Gary can't brew coffee.
> >

> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the
> impression of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast
> because the meat is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook
> properly. There is a fine window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb,
> it is not good under cooked and it the texture goes all to hell when
> over cooked.

Some don't like it just because we don't like white meat chicken very
much. That can be hard for others to grasp.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 9:09 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2021-06-04 3:24 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>>> Gary can't brew coffee.
>>>

>> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the
>> impression of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast
>> because the meat is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook
>> properly. There is a fine window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb,
>> it is not good under cooked and it the texture goes all to hell when
>> over cooked.

> Some don't like it just because we don't like white meat chicken very
> much. That can be hard for others to grasp.

White meat chicken isn't my favorite, I prefer thighs and drumsticks but
sometimes I do cook chicken breast halves or cutlets. It really depends
on the recipe. Sometimes they're interchangeable but not always. BTW,
I have no idea whether or not Gary can cook chicken (or brew coffee).
Mostly the only time I hear him talk about cooking chicken is when he's
making stock in his crock pot.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:02:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 17:06:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > As I said I use the standard American usage. It's irrelevant who I
>> > idolize, the only thing that matters is how Americans use the word
>> > "Asian." If you're saying that Americans idolize Japanese, Chinese,
>> > and Koreans, you're pretty much out of touch with the United States.

>> I didn't say that at all.
>> > OTOH, I guess you could say that American youth idolize Koreans. It's
>> > pretty much that way around the world.

>> Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
>>
>> Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
>>
>> --
>> Not Dave Smith

>BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

I've seen a documentary about the Korean pop scene. It's extremely
nasty. The young artists are complete slaves to the record companies.
I don't think stuff like this happens in the western music industry.
At least not THIS bad. That's irrelevant to girlies who like to jump
around to that music, of course.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 8:02:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 17:06:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> > wrote:

> > > As I said I use the standard American usage. It's irrelevant who I
> > > idolize, the only thing that matters is how Americans use the word
> > > "Asian." If you're saying that Americans idolize Japanese, Chinese,
> > > and Koreans, you're pretty much out of touch with the United States.

> > I didn't say that at all.
> > > OTOH, I guess you could say that American youth idolize Koreans. It's
> > > pretty much that way around the world.

> > Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
> >
> > Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
> >
> > --
> > Not Dave Smith

> BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

Korean trash...

--
GM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 8:02:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I didn't say that at all.
>>> Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
>>>
>>> Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Not Dave Smith

>> BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

> Korean trash...

Is it more of that K-pop shit? I thought that shit died out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 11:53:07 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:02:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I didn't say that at all.
>>> Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
>>>
>>> Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Not Dave Smith

>>BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

>I've seen a documentary about the Korean pop scene. It's extremely
>nasty. The young artists are complete slaves to the record companies.
>I don't think stuff like this happens in the western music industry.
>At least not THIS bad. That's irrelevant to girlies who like to jump
>around to that music, of course.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 10:16:04 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 17:06:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:33:52 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I'm interested in how you see this. If we weren't interested in what
>>> other people think, we wouldn't be in a newsgroup. My guess is that
>>> you only call the people that you idolise 'Asians', so that's
>>> Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Not Dave Smith

>> As I said I use the standard American usage. It's irrelevant who I
>> idolize, the only thing that matters is how Americans use the word
>> "Asian." If you're saying that Americans idolize Japanese, Chinese,
>> and Koreans, you're pretty much out of touch with the United States.

>I didn't say that at all.
>
>> OTOH, I guess you could say that American youth idolize Koreans. It's
>> pretty much that way around the world.

>Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
>
>Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 17:06:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> > As I said I use the standard American usage. It's irrelevant who I
>> > idolize, the only thing that matters is how Americans use the word
>> > "Asian." If you're saying that Americans idolize Japanese, Chinese,
>> > and Koreans, you're pretty much out of touch with the United States.

>> I didn't say that at all.
>> > OTOH, I guess you could say that American youth idolize Koreans. It's
>> > pretty much that way around the world.

>> Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
>>
>> Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
>>
>> --
>> Not Dave Smith

>BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 20:09:52 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2021-06-04 3:24 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> > On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> > Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>> > Gary can't brew coffee.
>> >

>> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the
>> impression of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast
>> because the meat is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook
>> properly. There is a fine window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb,
>> it is not good under cooked and it the texture goes all to hell when
>> over cooked.

>Some don't like it just because we don't like white meat chicken very
>much. That can be hard for others to grasp.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:56:39 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 8:02:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > I didn't say that at all.
>> > Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
>> >
>> > Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Not Dave Smith

>> BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

>Korean trash...

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:32:00 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>GM wrote:

>>> BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

>> Korean trash...
>>

>Is it more of that K-pop shit? I thought that shit died out.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:21:14 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/4/2021 9:09 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I beg to differ. I have known a number of people who gave the
>>> impression of being competent cooks but do not like chicken breast
>>> because the meat is dru and flavourless. It is tough to cook
>>> properly. There is a fine window of doneness. Unlike beef and lamb,
>>> it is not good under cooked and it the texture goes all to hell when
>>> over cooked.

>> Some don't like it just because we don't like white meat chicken very
>> much. That can be hard for others to grasp.
>>

>White meat chicken isn't my favorite, I prefer thighs and drumsticks but
>sometimes I do cook chicken breast halves or cutlets. It really depends
>on the recipe. Sometimes they're interchangeable but not always. BTW,
>I have no idea whether or not Gary can cook chicken (or brew coffee).
>Mostly the only time I hear him talk about cooking chicken is when he's
>making stock in his crock pot.
>
>Jill

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 15:24:34 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

>>Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>>product they sell.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>Gary can't brew coffee.

true, anyone can cook chicken until the meat is done. But, not
everyone can cook chicken that is tender, moist, palatable, tasty,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-05 12:22 p.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 15:24:34 -0400, Sheldon Martin >

>>> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>>> product they sell.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>> Gary can't brew coffee.

> true, anyone can cook chicken until the meat is done. But, not
> everyone can cook chicken that is tender, moist, palatable, tasty,

And that is the trick. Chicken breasts have a narrow window of cooking
time between cooked and over cooked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:44:52 -0000 (UTC), heyjoe
> wrote:

>US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 15:24:34 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>>Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>>>Gary can't brew coffee.

>> true, anyone can cook chicken until the meat is done. But, not
>> everyone can cook chicken that is tender, moist, palatable, tasty,

>Chicken breast (or turkey breast for that matter) are pretty flavorless,
>IMO. There are methods you can use to make them slighlty more
>flavorful, <https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/iovate2.htm>. But, if you
>do anything to enhance the flavor of thighs or drumsticks, they are far,
>far better than breast/white meat.

Diced chicken/turkey breasts lend themselves very well to marinating;
I prefer Chinese style; garlic, soy sauce, ginger, orange marmalade,
white pepper, toasted sesame oil, etc., stir fried and sauced with
Chinese vegetables and sliced omelet.... very tasty served over fly
lice. Add cashews or peanuts if prefered.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:44:52 -0000 (UTC), heyjoe
> wrote:

>US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 15:24:34 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>>Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>>>Gary can't brew coffee.

>> true, anyone can cook chicken until the meat is done. But, not
>> everyone can cook chicken that is tender, moist, palatable, tasty,

>Chicken breast (or turkey breast for that matter) are pretty flavorless,
>IMO. There are methods you can use to make them slighlty more
>flavorful, <https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/iovate2.htm>. But, if you
>do anything to enhance the flavor of thighs or drumsticks, they are far,
>far better than breast/white meat.
>
>Whatever floats *your* boat!

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 10:22:09 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 15:24:34 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>>>product they sell.
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>Chicken is the easiest thing to cook... Gary cant cook chicken...
>>Gary can't brew coffee.

>true, anyone can cook chicken until the meat is done. But, not
>everyone can cook chicken that is tender, moist, palatable, tasty,

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 13:16:37 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:44:52 -0000 (UTC), heyjoe
> wrote:
>
>>US Janet wrote:

>>> true, anyone can cook chicken until the meat is done. But, not
>>> everyone can cook chicken that is tender, moist, palatable, tasty,

>>Chicken breast (or turkey breast for that matter) are pretty flavorless,
>>IMO. There are methods you can use to make them slighlty more
>>flavorful, <https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/iovate2.htm>. But, if you
>>do anything to enhance the flavor of thighs or drumsticks, they are far,
>>far better than breast/white meat.

>Diced chicken/turkey breasts lend themselves very well to marinating;
>I prefer Chinese style; garlic, soy sauce, ginger, orange marmalade,
>white pepper, toasted sesame oil, etc., stir fried and sauced with
>Chinese vegetables and sliced omelet.... very tasty served over fly
>lice. Add cashews or peanuts if prefered.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 3:53:12 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:02:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:16:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I didn't say that at all.
> >> Because of that extremely nasty K-pop scene?
> >>
> >> Is a Thai an Asian in your vernacular?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Not Dave Smith

> >BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

> I've seen a documentary about the Korean pop scene. It's extremely
> nasty. The young artists are complete slaves to the record companies.
> I don't think stuff like this happens in the western music industry.
> At least not THIS bad. That's irrelevant to girlies who like to jump
> around to that music, of course.
>
> --
> Not Dave Smith

It's a bad scene alright. OTOH, life for the professional musician has always been tough. It's probably a better life than being out of work for over a year and living in your car.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:35:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 3:53:12 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:02:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

>> I've seen a documentary about the Korean pop scene. It's extremely
>> nasty. The young artists are complete slaves to the record companies.
>> I don't think stuff like this happens in the western music industry.
>> At least not THIS bad. That's irrelevant to girlies who like to jump
>> around to that music, of course.
>>
>> --
>> Not Dave Smith

>It's a bad scene alright. OTOH, life for the professional musician has always been tough. It's probably a better life than being out of work for over a year and living in your car.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 6:35:36 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 3:53:12 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:02:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> > wrote:

> > >BTS is #1 on the Billboard top 100 charts at the moment. That don't mean much to you but it's kind of a big deal. This group is bigger than Jesus.. That don't mean I idolize BTS or the Koreans. My wife probably does. She says that she wishes her Korean mom could have lived to see this.

> > I've seen a documentary about the Korean pop scene. It's extremely
> > nasty. The young artists are complete slaves to the record companies.
> > I don't think stuff like this happens in the western music industry.
> > At least not THIS bad. That's irrelevant to girlies who like to jump
> > around to that music, of course.
> >
> > --
> > Not Dave Smith

> It's a bad scene alright. OTOH, life for the professional musician has always been tough. It's probably a better life than being out of work for over a year and living in your car.

Look, its about getting around. Some people have a natural gift of gab. Did you know that a few people can't even walk down a street block unless they've gotten to know every single person on that block? Can you believe that? Combine that personality with a song and dance and then you'll have a musician that's actually going somewhere.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:59:26 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 6:35:36 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 3:53:12 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > I've seen a documentary about the Korean pop scene. It's extremely
>> > nasty. The young artists are complete slaves to the record companies.
>> > I don't think stuff like this happens in the western music industry.
>> > At least not THIS bad. That's irrelevant to girlies who like to jump
>> > around to that music, of course.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Not Dave Smith

>> It's a bad scene alright. OTOH, life for the professional musician has always been tough. It's probably a better life than being out of work for over a year and living in your car.

>Look, its about getting around. Some people have a natural gift of gab. Did you know that a few people can't even walk down a street block unless they've gotten to know every single person on that block? Can you believe that? Combine that personality with a song and dance and then you'll have a musician that's actually going somewhere.

Yeah, like Justin Bieber.

--
Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:59:26 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 6:35:36 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 3:53:12 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > I've seen a documentary about the Korean pop scene. It's extremely
>> > nasty. The young artists are complete slaves to the record companies.
>> > I don't think stuff like this happens in the western music industry.
>> > At least not THIS bad. That's irrelevant to girlies who like to jump
>> > around to that music, of course.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Not Dave Smith

>> It's a bad scene alright. OTOH, life for the professional musician has always been tough. It's probably a better life than being out of work for over a year and living in your car.

>Look, its about getting around. Some people have a natural gift of gab. Did you know that a few people can't even walk down a street block unless they've gotten to know every single person on that block? Can you believe that? Combine that personality with a song and dance and then you'll have a musician that's actually going somewhere.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 09:05:31 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:59:26 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>>> It's a bad scene alright. OTOH, life for the professional musician has always been tough. It's probably a better life than being out of work for over a year and living in your car.

>>Look, its about getting around. Some people have a natural gift of gab. Did you know that a few people can't even walk down a street block unless they've gotten to know every single person on that block? Can you believe that? Combine that personality with a song and dance and then you'll have a musician that's actually going somewhere.

>Yeah, like Justin Bieber.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> Chick-fil-A arguably sells the most popular fried chicken sandwich in the
>>> country, and they brine in pickle juice. Here's one that calls for up to
>>> 12 hours in pickle brine:
>>>
>>> https://www.seriouseats.com/five-ing...andwich-recipe
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
> product they sell.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

They fill a need. I was traveling the last couple of days. Thursday
night I was headed to a motel about 9 PM and had not eaten since
breakfast aside from a snack. Picked up a CFA chicken sandwich about
two blocks before the hotel and took it for dinner. Perfect! I wanted
sleep, not a fancy restaurant meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:58:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/4/2021 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>>> I've never been to a Chick Fill A, likely never will... it's a fast
>>> food joint, sells garbage, same garbage as Mc D.

>> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>> product they sell.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>They fill a need. I was traveling the last couple of days. Thursday
>night I was headed to a motel about 9 PM and had not eaten since
>breakfast aside from a snack. Picked up a CFA chicken sandwich about
>two blocks before the hotel and took it for dinner. Perfect! I wanted
>sleep, not a fancy restaurant meal.

God knows what CFA is, but even when I'm in a hurry and a meat eater,
I still won't eat a tortured industry chicken. (Let alone call it
perfect.) Some needs shouldn't be filled.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/5/2021 11:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:58:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>>> product they sell.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> They fill a need. I was traveling the last couple of days. Thursday
>> night I was headed to a motel about 9 PM and had not eaten since
>> breakfast aside from a snack. Picked up a CFA chicken sandwich about
>> two blocks before the hotel and took it for dinner. Perfect! I wanted
>> sleep, not a fancy restaurant meal.

> God knows what CFA is, but even when I'm in a hurry and a meat eater,
> I still won't eat a tortured industry chicken. (Let alone call it
> perfect.) Some needs shouldn't be filled.

CFA = Chick-Fil=A The vegan place was closed so no tofu. If I didn't
eat, I'd not sleep and would not be safe driving the next day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:22:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/5/2021 11:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:58:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> They fill a need. I was traveling the last couple of days. Thursday
>>> night I was headed to a motel about 9 PM and had not eaten since
>>> breakfast aside from a snack. Picked up a CFA chicken sandwich about
>>> two blocks before the hotel and took it for dinner. Perfect! I wanted
>>> sleep, not a fancy restaurant meal.

>> God knows what CFA is, but even when I'm in a hurry and a meat eater,
>> I still won't eat a tortured industry chicken. (Let alone call it
>> perfect.) Some needs shouldn't be filled.
>>

>CFA = Chick-Fil=A The vegan place was closed so no tofu. If I didn't
>eat, I'd not sleep and would not be safe driving the next day.

I didn't mean to suggest you shouldn't have eaten

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 13:08:17 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:58:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Me neither, but Gary's metric for a good restaurant is how much
>>> product they sell.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>>They fill a need. I was traveling the last couple of days. Thursday
>>night I was headed to a motel about 9 PM and had not eaten since
>>breakfast aside from a snack. Picked up a CFA chicken sandwich about
>>two blocks before the hotel and took it for dinner. Perfect! I wanted
>>sleep, not a fancy restaurant meal.

>God knows what CFA is, but even when I'm in a hurry and a meat eater,
>I still won't eat a tortured industry chicken. (Let alone call it
>perfect.) Some needs shouldn't be filled.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 13:27:36 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:22:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> God knows what CFA is, but even when I'm in a hurry and a meat eater,
>>> I still won't eat a tortured industry chicken. (Let alone call it
>>> perfect.) Some needs shouldn't be filled.
>>>

>>CFA = Chick-Fil=A The vegan place was closed so no tofu. If I didn't
>>eat, I'd not sleep and would not be safe driving the next day.

>I didn't mean to suggest you shouldn't have eaten

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:22:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/5/2021 11:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> They fill a need. I was traveling the last couple of days. Thursday
>>> night I was headed to a motel about 9 PM and had not eaten since
>>> breakfast aside from a snack. Picked up a CFA chicken sandwich about
>>> two blocks before the hotel and took it for dinner. Perfect! I wanted
>>> sleep, not a fancy restaurant meal.

>> God knows what CFA is, but even when I'm in a hurry and a meat eater,
>> I still won't eat a tortured industry chicken. (Let alone call it
>> perfect.) Some needs shouldn't be filled.
>>

>CFA = Chick-Fil=A The vegan place was closed so no tofu. If I didn't
>eat, I'd not sleep and would not be safe driving the next day.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking