Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Delicious Dinner in Under 30 Minutes

On 6/3/2021 6:13 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> there will always be a nice
> glass of red or white

Old people and booze, a match made in heaven.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 7:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 2:01:21 PM UTC-10, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> If history has taught us anything, it is that people want to buy cars with the latest tech features. They want push-button starts, backup cameras, and touch screens. My guess is that piston engines are going to be as desirable as white-wall tires well before 2030. Gas engines will be seen as an archaic throwback to the past, in much the same way we see the steam engine. Piston engine technology whether internal, or external combustion, is pretty lame anyway i.e., inefficient. This means that we're going to have to build-up a power infrastructure/network in a hurry. My guess is that this means we're going to have to go nuclear. As always, 1 + 1 will always equal 2.
>>>

>> Around here the fad imposed by the brilliant city thinkers is to remove
>> lanes from our roads. They want people to take magic carpets, not drive.

> Around here, they added an extra lane on the freeway. Boy, they're narrow! I suppose they want to make better drivers of us all. Sometimes it feels like we're in an F1 race.

Try englie-land - NO shoulders at all!

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos...8_1fb6d04c.jpg

https://storage.googleapis.com/offex...s/DSC02100.jpg

Talk about needing a system upgrade!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 10:40:31 -0600, US Janet wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 11:33:10 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 18:00:34 -0600, US Janet wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 18:03:36 -0400, Boron Elgar

>>> You know what fascinates me? The Ninja Foodi Grill, 5 in one.
>>> https://tinyurl.com/3x982w7j
>>> If I had the room I would have one of those.

>>Always jump right to the bad 1-star reviews on Amazon. The ones for
>>this item mostly seem fairly credible. And they all jive with
>>others: A PITA to clean, smokes like a chimney, and gets too hot.
>>(the later seems to be a common defect).

> Awww, you ruined my fantasy (
> Janet US
> PS If I really considered buying I would check reviews

I saved you #200. I'll split it with you.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:16:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 6/3/2021 6:13 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> there will always be a nice
>> glass of red or white

>Old people and booze, a match made in heaven.

Definitely, I've earned it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:02:36 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/3/2021 6:01 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> > Around here the fad imposed by the brilliant city thinkers is to remove
> > lanes from our roads. They want people to take magic carpets, not drive.
> >

> Do tell, and where is this happening?

It's happening in the county in which I live. Four-lane roads are being changed
into one lane each way, a left turn lane, and a bike lane on each side.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 12:35 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:16:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/3/2021 6:13 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>> there will always be a nice
>>> glass of red or white

>> Old people and booze, a match made in heaven.

> Definitely, I've earned it!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:02:36 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/3/2021 6:01 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Around here the fad imposed by the brilliant city thinkers is to remove
>>> lanes from our roads. They want people to take magic carpets, not drive.
>>>

>> Do tell, and where is this happening?

> It's happening in the county in which I live. Four-lane roads are being changed
> into one lane each way, a left turn lane, and a bike lane on each side.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Will they allow 100% electric bicycles?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 1:16 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:02:36 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/3/2021 6:01 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Around here the fad imposed by the brilliant city thinkers is to remove
>>> lanes from our roads. They want people to take magic carpets, not drive.
>>>

>> Do tell, and where is this happening?

> It's happening in the county in which I live. Four-lane roads are being changed
> into one lane each way, a left turn lane, and a bike lane on each side.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

WTF?!?!

Seriously?

Sounds like another Whitmer scam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 1:53 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:02:36 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard
>> wrote:

>>> Do tell, and where is this happening?

>> It's happening in the county in which I live.* Four-lane roads are
>> being changed
>> into one lane each way, a left turn lane, and a bike lane on each side.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> Will they allow 100% electric bicycles?

Good gravy - discrimination against hybrids?

Off with their legs!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 10:41:39 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:

> I have yet to install my window A/C unit. I suppose we'll see how
> miserable it gets in the next month. Still better than snow!

Why don't you leave your a/c in the window all year??

When I lived in places that had window a/c's they were left in 365
and I'd cover the front of it with a large piece of cardboard. I've
seen a lot of people cover the outside of their unit but that encourages
rust due to the warm enterior air of the house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 11:59:55 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> On 6/3/2021 5:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > If history has taught us anything, it is that people want to buy cars with the latest tech features. They want push-button starts, backup

> > cameras, and touch screens.
> >

> And wifi hot spots, antilock brakes, and those headliner sunglass
> holders that no one really uses...

Hmmmmm, my car has a push-button start, backup camera, touch screen,
wifi, antilock brakes, and the sunglasses/taco holder. ALL are every time
I drive my car with the exception of wifi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:21:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 11:59:55 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>
>> On 6/3/2021 5:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> > If history has taught us anything, it is that people want to buy cars with the latest tech features. They want push-button starts, backup

>> > cameras, and touch screens.
>> >

>> And wifi hot spots, antilock brakes, and those headliner sunglass
>> holders that no one really uses...
>>

>Hmmmmm, my car has a push-button start, backup camera, touch screen,
>wifi, antilock brakes, and the sunglasses/taco holder. ALL are every time
>I drive my car with the exception of wifi.

My car has 4 wheels and a roof. I love it!

--
Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 06:34:58 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:21:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>>> And wifi hot spots, antilock brakes, and those headliner sunglass
>>> holders that no one really uses...
>>>

>>Hmmmmm, my car has a push-button start, backup camera, touch screen,
>>wifi, antilock brakes, and the sunglasses/taco holder. ALL are every time
>>I drive my car with the exception of wifi.

>My car has 4 wheels and a roof. I love it!

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 10:18:28 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 6/3/2021 4:18 PM, US Janet wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:12:51 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:

>>> Ford says they will sell 40% electric vehicles by 2030 - which is not so
>>> far off.
>>>
>>> Who will make 40% more power for our aging and faulty electrical grid
>>> and what kind of power will it be with Xiden ****ing all over natural
>>> gas and coal?
>>>
>>> Make book on this - bird killing windmills that ice up and fail and
>>> daytime only solar will NOT step in to save the day.
>>>
>>> Also charging stations that take 30-45 minutes are useless for anyone
>>> making a road trip, working delivery, or not charging at home overnight.
>>>
>>> We're heading for ANOTHER major gubmint-conned "cash for klunkers"
>>> disaster, but this time it will brown out the home power for the rest of
>>> the sheople.
>>>
>>> What say you?

>> We coould start with infrastructure improvements and employ workers at
>> the same time.

> From the same CCP friendly "logic" Xiden tendered when he told us that
>the "new economy" for oil workers would consist of them capping wells?
>
>Yeah, that's a one time gig, now isn't it?
>

>https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...ines-oil-wells
>
>Biden said last week he wants to put pipefitters and miners to work
>capping the wells at the same price that they would charge to dig those
>wells.
>
>Many of the old wells and mines are located in rural communities that
>have been hard-hit by the pandemic. Bidens plan would not only create
>jobs, but help reduce methane and brine leaks that pollute the air and
>groundwater. Methane is a powerful contributor to global warming.
>

>> But, you know, everybody talks about, campaigns about
>> it, but then there is no support in Congress for it. Thank you
>> McConnell
>> Janet US
>>

>McConnell is for capping wells?
>
>And if not that's a "bad thing" in your estimation?
>
>Huh.
>
>Now tell us how our aging grid can handle about 40% more users than it
>has now?
>
>And please, use facts and numbers.

McConnel has blocked all infrastructure planss for what? 3-4
presidential terms?
I wasn't talking about capping wells, you were.
You are sittiing on your hads, wailing that the sky is falling and
there is nothing to be done about it.
I am saying that the electric cars are but one step. I won't trash
the whole movement toward renewable energy because you don't think it
will achieve anything.
Negativity, laziness, greed and hate are destroying our planet.
Signed
A crazy left wing liberal
(what did you expect)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:47:22 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 6/4/2021 12:35 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:16:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:

>>> Old people and booze, a match made in heaven.

>> Definitely, I've earned it!
>>

>What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?

If I really thought so, I might stop drinking
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 3:49:00 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> On 6/4/2021 2:21 PM, wrote:
> >
> > my car has the sunglasses/taco holder.
> >

> You may be the first person I have encountered who actually uses the
> sunglasses holder.
>
> Good cubby to store a lid of weed.

Tacos and burritos, too, although I'm not much of a burrito fan.
There's a tiny drawer on the lower left side of the dash and a few
rolled up joints could be stored there. Although I truly have no
idea what this mini drawer is for.

https://i.postimg.cc/NjxLMqz3/Dash-Drawer.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 01:51:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:01:21 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>> > If history has taught us anything, it is that people want to buy cars with the latest tech features. They want push-button starts, backup cameras, and touch screens. My guess is that piston engines are going to be as desirable as white-wall tires well before 2030. Gas engines will be seen as an archaic throwback to the past, in much the same way we see the steam engine. Piston engine technology whether internal, or external combustion, is pretty lame anyway i.e., inefficient. This means that we're going to have to build-up a power infrastructure/network in a hurry. My guess is that this means we're going to have to go nuclear. As always, 1 + 1 will always equal 2.
>> >

>> Around here the fad imposed by the brilliant city thinkers is to remove
>> lanes from our roads. They want people to take magic carpets, not drive.

>Where "magic carpets" = "bicycles" ?
>
>If I had $1 subtracted from my checking account for every time I've seen
>someone in a bike lane on my regular routes, I doubt I'd notice I was any
>poorer.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 7:25:09 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> Try englie-land - NO shoulders at all!
>
> https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos...8_1fb6d04c.jpg
>
> https://storage.googleapis.com/offex...s/DSC02100.jpg
>
> Talk about needing a system upgrade!

I have driven in one of those hedgerows. My GPS told me to go there and I knew it was going to be special before going in. My passengers were somewhat apprehensive though. I did meet another vehicle coming through the rye. You just got to make way for each other.
Approaching the towns in Wales was kind of nerve-racking because the two-lane roads are so narrow. I was dusting the greenery on those roads. I didn't graze any mailboxes, but I could have. The great thing about people in the towns is that they always made way for traffic driving on lanes with parked cars. In those cases, you have to cross over the divider and go into the oncoming lanes. Thanks people of Wales!
The lane markings, for Americans, are totally nuts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYzMAAPtqE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 16:40:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 7:25:09 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>
>> Try englie-land - NO shoulders at all!
>>
>> https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos...8_1fb6d04c.jpg
>>
>> https://storage.googleapis.com/offex...s/DSC02100.jpg
>>
>> Talk about needing a system upgrade!

>I have driven in one of those hedgerows. My GPS told me to go there and I knew it was going to be special before going in. My passengers were somewhat apprehensive though. I did meet another vehicle coming through the rye. You just got to make way for each other.
>Approaching the towns in Wales was kind of nerve-racking because the two-lane roads are so narrow. I was dusting the greenery on those roads. I didn't graze any mailboxes, but I could have. The great thing about people in the towns is that they always made way for traffic driving on lanes with parked cars. In those cases, you have to cross over the divider and go into the oncoming lanes. Thanks people of Wales!
>The lane markings, for Americans, are totally nuts!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYzMAAPtqE

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:10:58 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/3/2021 3:41 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> > On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:31:16 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> I could be very wrong but didn't you post pictures at one point where
> >> yes, it's galley style but you can see through to the next room?
> >>
> >> Jill

> > I have posted pics of things I cooked, mostly in the kitchen, but not
> > of the kitchen.
> >

> https://geekologie.com/2014/10/31/rat-meatloaf-1.jpg
>
> delish!

That poor rat!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57345703
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:15:39 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:10:58 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/3/2021 3:41 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>> > I have posted pics of things I cooked, mostly in the kitchen, but not
>> > of the kitchen.
>> >

>> https://geekologie.com/2014/10/31/rat-meatloaf-1.jpg
>>
>> delish!

>That poor rat!
>
>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57345703

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:25:16 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 10:40:31 -0600, US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 11:33:10 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Always jump right to the bad 1-star reviews on Amazon. The ones for
>>>this item mostly seem fairly credible. And they all jive with
>>>others: A PITA to clean, smokes like a chimney, and gets too hot.
>>>(the later seems to be a common defect).

>> Awww, you ruined my fantasy (
>> Janet US
>> PS If I really considered buying I would check reviews

>I saved you #200. I'll split it with you.
>
>-sw

that's a good deal
Janaet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 22:01:04 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:25:16 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 10:40:31 -0600, US Janet wrote:

>>> Awww, you ruined my fantasy (
>>> Janet US
>>> PS If I really considered buying I would check reviews

>>I saved you #200. I'll split it with you.
>>
>>-sw

>that's a good deal
>Janaet US

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/06/2021 00:40, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 7:25:09 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>
>> Try englie-land - NO shoulders at all!
>>
>> https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos...8_1fb6d04c.jpg
>>
>> https://storage.googleapis.com/offex...s/DSC02100.jpg
>>
>> Talk about needing a system upgrade!

> I have driven in one of those hedgerows. My GPS told me to go there and I knew it was going to be special before going in. My passengers were somewhat apprehensive though. I did meet another vehicle coming through the rye. You just got to make way for each other.
> Approaching the towns in Wales was kind of nerve-racking because the two-lane roads are so narrow. I was dusting the greenery on those roads. I didn't graze any mailboxes, but I could have. The great thing about people in the towns is that they always made way for traffic driving on lanes with parked cars. In those cases, you have to cross over the divider and go into the oncoming lanes. Thanks people of Wales!
> The lane markings, for Americans, are totally nuts!
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYzMAAPtqE

====

OK I was expecting you to show us the US road markings) I am well
used to the one you posted))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 09:51:23 +0100, Ophelia >
wrote:

>On 05/06/2021 00:40, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 7:25:09 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>>> Try englie-land - NO shoulders at all!
>>>
>>> https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos...8_1fb6d04c.jpg
>>>
>>> https://storage.googleapis.com/offex...s/DSC02100.jpg
>>>
>>> Talk about needing a system upgrade!

>> I have driven in one of those hedgerows. My GPS told me to go there and I knew it was going to be special before going in. My passengers were somewhat apprehensive though. I did meet another vehicle coming through the rye. You just got to make way for each other.
>> Approaching the towns in Wales was kind of nerve-racking because the two-lane roads are so narrow. I was dusting the greenery on those roads. I didn't graze any mailboxes, but I could have. The great thing about people in the towns is that they always made way for traffic driving on lanes with parked cars. In those cases, you have to cross over the divider and go into the oncoming lanes. Thanks people of Wales!
>> The lane markings, for Americans, are totally nuts!
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYzMAAPtqE

>OK I was expecting you to show us the US road markings) I am well
>used to the one you posted))

I didn't watch the whole thing, but what I saw, looked completely
normal to me.

--
Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 05/06/2021 00:40, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 7:25:09 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>>> Try englie-land - NO shoulders at all!
>>>
>>> https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos...8_1fb6d04c.jpg
>>>
>>> https://storage.googleapis.com/offex...s/DSC02100.jpg
>>>
>>> Talk about needing a system upgrade!

>> I have driven in one of those hedgerows. My GPS told me to go there and I knew it was going to be special before going in. My passengers were somewhat apprehensive though. I did meet another vehicle coming through the rye. You just got to make way for each other.
>> Approaching the towns in Wales was kind of nerve-racking because the two-lane roads are so narrow. I was dusting the greenery on those roads. I didn't graze any mailboxes, but I could have. The great thing about people in the towns is that they always made way for traffic driving on lanes with parked cars. In those cases, you have to cross over the divider and go into the oncoming lanes. Thanks people of Wales!
>> The lane markings, for Americans, are totally nuts!
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYzMAAPtqE

>====
>

>OK I was expecting you to show us the US road markings) I am well
>used to the one you posted))

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 19:01:40 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 09:51:23 +0100, Ophelia >
>wrote:

>>> I have driven in one of those hedgerows. My GPS told me to go there and I knew it was going to be special before going in. My passengers were somewhat apprehensive though. I did meet another vehicle coming through the rye. You just got to make way for each other.
>>> Approaching the towns in Wales was kind of nerve-racking because the two-lane roads are so narrow. I was dusting the greenery on those roads. I didn't graze any mailboxes, but I could have. The great thing about people in the towns is that they always made way for traffic driving on lanes with parked cars. In those cases, you have to cross over the divider and go into the oncoming lanes. Thanks people of Wales!
>>> The lane markings, for Americans, are totally nuts!
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYzMAAPtqE

>>OK I was expecting you to show us the US road markings) I am well
>>used to the one you posted))

>I didn't watch the whole thing, but what I saw, looked completely
>normal to me.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 5:29:25 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 10:18:28 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:
>
> >On 6/3/2021 4:18 PM, US Janet wrote:
> >> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:12:51 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard

> >> We coould start with infrastructure improvements and employ workers at
> >> the same time.

> > From the same CCP friendly "logic" Xiden tendered when he told us that
> >the "new economy" for oil workers would consist of them capping wells?
> >
> >Yeah, that's a one time gig, now isn't it?
> >

> >https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...ines-oil-wells
> >
> >Biden said last week he wants to put pipefitters and miners to work
> >capping the wells at the same price that they would charge to dig those
> >wells.
> >
> >Many of the old wells and mines are located in rural communities that
> >have been hard-hit by the pandemic. Bidens plan would not only create
> >jobs, but help reduce methane and brine leaks that pollute the air and
> >groundwater. Methane is a powerful contributor to global warming.
> >

> >> But, you know, everybody talks about, campaigns about
> >> it, but then there is no support in Congress for it. Thank you
> >> McConnell
> >> Janet US
> >>

> >McConnell is for capping wells?
> >
> >And if not that's a "bad thing" in your estimation?
> >
> >Huh.
> >
> >Now tell us how our aging grid can handle about 40% more users than it
> >has now?
> >
> >And please, use facts and numbers.

> McConnel has blocked all infrastructure planss for what? 3-4
> presidential terms?
> I wasn't talking about capping wells, you were.

McConnell knows that his polluter friends can suffer from that. He'll change his mind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 07:01:46 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 5:29:25 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 10:18:28 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:

>> > From the same CCP friendly "logic" Xiden tendered when he told us that
>> >the "new economy" for oil workers would consist of them capping wells?
>> >
>> >Yeah, that's a one time gig, now isn't it?
>> >

>> >https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...ines-oil-wells
>> >
>> >Biden said last week he wants to put pipefitters and miners to work
>> >capping the wells at the same price that they would charge to dig those
>> >wells.
>> >
>> >Many of the old wells and mines are located in rural communities that
>> >have been hard-hit by the pandemic. Bidens plan would not only create
>> >jobs, but help reduce methane and brine leaks that pollute the air and
>> >groundwater. Methane is a powerful contributor to global warming.

>> >McConnell is for capping wells?
>> >
>> >And if not that's a "bad thing" in your estimation?
>> >
>> >Huh.
>> >
>> >Now tell us how our aging grid can handle about 40% more users than it
>> >has now?
>> >
>> >And please, use facts and numbers.

>> McConnel has blocked all infrastructure planss for what? 3-4
>> presidential terms?
>> I wasn't talking about capping wells, you were.

>McConnell knows that his polluter friends can suffer from that. He'll change his mind.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:36:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 6/3/2021 8:01 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > It sounds like kitchen myths your [grand]mothers passed down to you
> > without much science behind it. The oven isn't exactly a forced-air
> > furnace. Undisturbed heat rises pretty quickly while you spend most
> > of your time indoors in the lower 3/5ths of the space between your
> > feet and the ceiling.

> I didn't spend a lot of time with my grandmothers, I rarely saw them.
> So no, they didn't pass that myth down to me. My mother didn't, either.
> I'm pretty sure I first heard of such a thing on RFC. I never pay any
> attention to it. I use the oven year round, depending upon what I'm
> cooking.

There are a few people in Paris, London and New York who don't even cook.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:19:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:36:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On 6/3/2021 8:01 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> > It sounds like kitchen myths your [grand]mothers passed down to you
>> > without much science behind it. The oven isn't exactly a forced-air
>> > furnace. Undisturbed heat rises pretty quickly while you spend most
>> > of your time indoors in the lower 3/5ths of the space between your
>> > feet and the ceiling.

>> I didn't spend a lot of time with my grandmothers, I rarely saw them.
>> So no, they didn't pass that myth down to me. My mother didn't, either.
>> I'm pretty sure I first heard of such a thing on RFC. I never pay any
>> attention to it. I use the oven year round, depending upon what I'm
>> cooking.

>There are a few people in Paris, London and New York who don't even cook.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2021 11:41 AM, Michael Trew wrote:

> That's my preferred method as well... I'd hate an "open concept"
> kitchen, where one cannot separate heat/cooking smells from the rest of
> the house in the summer.
>
> I have yet to install my window A/C unit.* I suppose we'll see how
> miserable it gets in the next month.* Still better than snow!

Heat and smells are easily reduced/eliminated with a vent over the
range. I don't want to go back to cooking in a box.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:45:15 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/4/2021 11:41 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>

>> That's my preferred method as well... I'd hate an "open concept"
>> kitchen, where one cannot separate heat/cooking smells from the rest of
>> the house in the summer.
>>
>> I have yet to install my window A/C unit.* I suppose we'll see how
>> miserable it gets in the next month.* Still better than snow!

>Heat and smells are easily reduced/eliminated with a vent over the
>range. I don't want to go back to cooking in a box.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/5/2021 10:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 11:41 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>

>> That's my preferred method as well... I'd hate an "open concept"
>> kitchen, where one cannot separate heat/cooking smells from the rest
>> of the house in the summer.
>>
>> I have yet to install my window A/C unit. I suppose we'll see how
>> miserable it gets in the next month. Still better than snow!

> Heat and smells are easily reduced/eliminated with a vent over the
> range. I don't want to go back to cooking in a box.

All personal preference. I much prefer my kitchen separate. I'm also a
bit of an old house snob. I like my original 1900 floor plan.