Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Finally nailed perfect fried eggs, and other stuff

I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:59:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
> I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
> Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

I say, eggs are best when fried in butter, salt and pepper and you have a side of imitation pork, like morningstar or beyond meat along with grits and more butter., butter, salt and pepper
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 7:59 AM, John Lorbal wrote:
> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
> I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
> Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

What, we don't get to see the eggs?!?!

C'mon man!

Circle back here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 06:59:32 -0700 (PDT), John Lorbal
> wrote:

>I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
>I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
>Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 07:17:06 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:59:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
>> I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
>> Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

>I say, eggs are best when fried in butter, salt and pepper and you have a side of imitation pork, like morningstar or beyond meat along with grits and more butter., butter, salt and pepper

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:17:09 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:59:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> > I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
> > I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
> > Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

> I say, eggs are best when fried in butter, salt and pepper and you have a side of imitation pork, like morningstar or beyond meat along with grits and more butter., butter, salt and pepper

Sounds most excellent. I used bacon fat this morning. And real bacon, 50% less salt. Still plenty salty.
I have never knowingly used imitation pork. How do you like your fried eggs? Over easy, sunny side up, or my way, a lid on top, and almost hard but a bit runny?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:11:05 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/1/2021 7:59 AM, John Lorbal wrote:
> > I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
> > I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
> > Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94
> >

> What, we don't get to see the eggs?!?!
>
> C'mon man!
>
> Circle back here.

I don't have digital photo stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 8:59:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.

I can't say I've ever had trouble cooking over easy/over medium eggs.
I don't cover them either and no problem flipping them. If you've had
trouble in the past I'm going to guess your skillet is too hot when you
fry them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 2:17 PM, John Lorbal wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:11:05 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/1/2021 7:59 AM, John Lorbal wrote:
>>> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
>>> I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
>>> Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94
>>>

>> What, we don't get to see the eggs?!?!
>>
>> C'mon man!
>>
>> Circle back here.

> I don't have digital photo stuff.

Heh, I have enough imagination and image search:

https://whatscookingamerica.net/wp-c.../06/EggLid.jpg

I use a silicone lid on mine.

https://perfectandsimple.com/wp/wp-c...al-v2-1024.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:17:56 -0700 (PDT), John Lorbal
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:11:05 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/1/2021 7:59 AM, John Lorbal wrote:
>> > I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
>> > I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
>> > Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94
>> >

>> What, we don't get to see the eggs?!?!
>>
>> C'mon man!
>>
>> Circle back here.

>I don't have digital photo stuff.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:16:59 -0700 (PDT), John Lorbal
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:17:09 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:59:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> > I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
>> > I haven't posted here for a while, broken ribs, two of them. Ouch.
>> > Anyway in celebration of me, I'm posting a few music videos; two by the great gypsy jazz guitarist Jochsco Stephan, and the other a brilliant cover of 'Stuck in the middle with you'.
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VkyOsmuVE
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2IRRG0pA
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

>> I say, eggs are best when fried in butter, salt and pepper and you have a side of imitation pork, like morningstar or beyond meat along with grits and more butter., butter, salt and pepper

>Sounds most excellent. I used bacon fat this morning. And real bacon, 50% less salt. Still plenty salty.
>I have never knowingly used imitation pork. How do you like your fried eggs? Over easy, sunny side up, or my way, a lid on top, and almost hard but a bit runny?

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:41:23 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 8:59:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range. Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film. They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.
>>

>I can't say I've ever had trouble cooking over easy/over medium eggs.
>I don't cover them either and no problem flipping them. If you've had
>trouble in the past I'm going to guess your skillet is too hot when you
>fry them.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-02 10:33 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/2/2021 10:23 AM, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> I can't say I've ever had trouble cooking over easy/over medium eggs.
>>> I don't cover them either and no problem flipping them. If you've had
>>> trouble in the past I'm going to guess your skillet is too hot when you
>>> fry them.

>> The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.
>>

> Try waiting a bit longer to firm the white under it.
>
> What works for me, put the toast in, crack the eggs on medium heat, ass
> s & p,Â* When the toast is near done, I turn off the burner, then flip
> the eggs.Â* Done when the toast is done.
>
> Of course, it will vary with the speed of your toaster and darkness you
> like.

I like a nice runny yolk. I do them on medium-lo heat so the whites
don't go brown and crispy, and I often put a lid on the pan so steam it
a bit to get rid of the really snotty stuff. That cooks the white
completely and the yolk will remain completely runny. The whites need to
be completely cooked but not overcooked. Cooked is not so important for
the yolk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 bruce bowser wrote:

>The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.

Your only trouble is that you didn't complete third grade or you'd
know that 'intact' is one word.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intact
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 1:46:58 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 bruce bowser wrote:
> >
> >The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.

> Your only trouble is that you didn't complete third grade or you'd
> know that 'intact' is one word.
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intact

Good Grief, Sheldon!

Do you want us to start busting your chops every time you misspell
"vehicle" or perpetrate any of your other favorite solecisms?

Clearly you understood what bruce bowser's meaning was.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:46:52 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>>The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.

>Your only trouble is that you didn't complete third grade or you'd
>know that 'intact' is one word.
>https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intact

This message was brought to you by the worst speller of RFC.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 06:59:32 -0700 (PDT), John Lorbal wrote:

> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide
> into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range.
> Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not
> hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film.
> They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and
> slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place
> doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.

two or three eggs soaked in warm water for a few-20 minutes. Med
Hot pan with sausage grease or butter. Crack, center yolk in white
with a utensil for a few seconds at the start cook until whites are
set and outer edge may be a little crispy and yolk is runny or only
slightly set. Such as these eggs for smoked short rib breakfast
biscuit sliders on Memorial day.

https://i.postimg.cc/ncbhqnHS/Smoked...st-Sliders.jpg

Yes Gary, I posted the correct link - a always.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.

> Your only trouble is that you didn't complete third grade or you'd
> know that 'intact' is one word.
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intact

Popeye, yoose the smartest third grader here!

Yoose could be jethro bodine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 1:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 06:59:32 -0700 (PDT), John Lorbal wrote:
>
>> I put two eggs, eggs who first cracked onto a plate. Gently slide
>> into a warm pam, about a #2.5 setting on an electric range.
>> Cover, and check every few minutes until they are firm, but not
>> hard to the touch. They will have formed a nice cover/film.
>> They are then served. They need to come out slightly runny, and
>> slightly hard. Being runny and running all over the place
>> doesn't cut it, and neither does being 100% hard.

> two or three eggs soaked in warm water for a few-20 minutes. Med
> Hot pan with sausage grease or butter. Crack, center yolk in white
> with a utensil for a few seconds at the start cook until whites are
> set and outer edge may be a little crispy and yolk is runny or only
> slightly set. Such as these eggs for smoked short rib breakfast
> biscuit sliders on Memorial day.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/ncbhqnHS/Smoked...st-Sliders.jpg
>
> Yes Gary, I posted the correct link - a always.
>
> -sw

Enough for two, you were cooking for two, weren't you?

https://youtu.be/66CUGwXn8Vo

Toin it up!

Sluuuuurrrppp!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 05:04:03 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:46:52 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>>The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.

>>Your only trouble is that you didn't complete third grade or you'd
>>know that 'intact' is one word.
>>https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intact

>This message was brought to you by the worst speller of RFC.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:48:45 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.
>>>

>> Try waiting a bit longer to firm the white under it.
>>
>> What works for me, put the toast in, crack the eggs on medium heat, ass
>> s & p,* When the toast is near done, I turn off the burner, then flip
>> the eggs.* Done when the toast is done.
>>
>> Of course, it will vary with the speed of your toaster and darkness you
>> like.

>I like a nice runny yolk. I do them on medium-lo heat so the whites
>don't go brown and crispy, and I often put a lid on the pan so steam it
>a bit to get rid of the really snotty stuff. That cooks the white
>completely and the yolk will remain completely runny. The whites need to
>be completely cooked but not overcooked. Cooked is not so important for
>the yolk.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:33:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/2/2021 10:23 AM, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> I can't say I've ever had trouble cooking over easy/over medium eggs.
>>> I don't cover them either and no problem flipping them. If you've had
>>> trouble in the past I'm going to guess your skillet is too hot when you
>>> fry them.

>> The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.
>>

>Try waiting a bit longer to firm the white under it.
>
>What works for me, put the toast in, crack the eggs on medium heat, ass
>s & p, When the toast is near done, I turn off the burner, then flip
>the eggs. Done when the toast is done.
>
>Of course, it will vary with the speed of your toaster and darkness you
>like.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:33:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> What works for me, put the toast in, crack the eggs on medium heat, ass
> s & p,

But not on a bad hemorrhoid day.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:57:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 1:46:58 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> know that 'intact' is one word.
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intact

> Good Grief, Sheldon!
>
> Do you want us to start busting your chops every time you misspell
> "vehicle" or perpetrate any of your other favorite solecisms?
>
> Clearly you understood what bruce bowser's meaning was.

Bruce's seem to light up your life. But they both seem pretty dim
to me. So dim you get 2 for 1 in the killfile.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:57:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 1:46:58 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 bruce bowser wrote:
>> >
>> >The only trouble I have is trying to keep the yolk in tact while turning.

>> Your only trouble is that you didn't complete third grade or you'd
>> know that 'intact' is one word.
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intact

>Good Grief, Sheldon!
>
>Do you want us to start busting your chops every time you misspell
>"vehicle" or perpetrate any of your other favorite solecisms?
>
>Clearly you understood what bruce bowser's meaning was.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.