Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default French Cognac vs. other Cognac

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 06:06:57 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 12:30:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>Masks are just common sense. It is a virus and easily spread from
>>excretions from the mouth.
>>
>>If you are standing naked and someone pees on you, you get wet
>>
>>If you have pants on and someone pees on you, there is a little protection.
>>
>>If you are both wearing pants and someone tries to pee on you, he gets
>>wet, you don't.

>Communism! A Republican under God has the right to spread viruses.
>It's the 2nd Amendment! Besides, viruses don't even exist. That's all
>facts and science!

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 12:54:33 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Graham wrote:

>> > I studied social sciences rather than the physical sciences, but I did a
>> > considerable amount of research, was lab demonstrator in an experimental
>> > Psychology course and completed a thesis. My first job out of university
>> > was in educational research.
>> >

>> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>> to "hard" science.
>> >
>> > I realize that a lot of scientific knowledge has changed over the years.
>> > We have developed technologies that have allowed us to find more
>> > accurate answers to our questions. I have never seen science change so
>> > quickly.

>> Develope more quickly!! That's because of the huge number of scientists
>> working frantically to get on top of this virus!

>Let us nor forget the contribution of President Trump in initiating "Operation Warp Speed", Graham...

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 05:42:46 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 05:24:53 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>>> Thank you, Leo...we are regressing to an age of "junk science" scamming, which is super - propelled by liberal political correctness. The Covid crisis is the latest cringable example - not to mention the totally manufactured "climate crisis " ...
>>>
>>> And don't get me started on the EV trend...
>>>
>>> Remember the looming polar bear ""extinction"? By most estimates there are many more polar bears today than decades ago...a quick goog brings up much stuff...
>>>
>>> Etcetera...
>>>

>>"science" is the new "racism". The mere mention of either word out of
>>the mouth of a woke, and all discussion must cease.

>Facts are the new bubonic plague.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:25 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-06-01 11:03 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Masks are just common sense.* It is a virus and easily spread from
>>> excretions from the mouth.
>>>
>>> If you are standing naked and someone pees on you, you get wet
>>>
>>> If you have pants on and someone pees on you, there is a little
>>> protection.
>>>
>>> If you are both wearing pants and someone tries to pee on you, he gets
>>> wet, you don't.

>> I am not arguing for or against masks. I am objecting to the put down
>> "follow the science" when the sciences keeps changing.

>What you see as changing is better defined as developing.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-06-01 10:23 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> A typical response from a non-scientist!
>>>

>> I studied social sciences rather than the physical sciences, but I did a
>> considerable amount of research, was lab demonstrator in an experimental
>> Psychology course and completed a thesis. My first job out of university
>> was in educational research.
>>

>Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>to "hard" science.
>>
>> I realize that a lot of scientific knowledge has changed over the years.
>> *We have developed technologies that have allowed us to find more
>> accurate answers to our questions. I have never seen science change so
>> quickly.

>Develope more quickly!! That's because of the huge number of scientists
>working frantically to get on top of this virus!

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 15:08:08 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-06-01 2:13 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> What you see as changing is better defined as developing.

>> Dense people can't understand that scientific insights into a new
>> phenomenon will be prone to change. If you said one thing a year ago
>> and another thing today, you're not a good scientist! Or so the
>> dummies think.
>>

>Precisely!

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 17:42:54 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-01 5:08 p.m., Graham wrote:

>>> Dense people can't understand that scientific insights into a new
>>> phenomenon will be prone to change. If you said one thing a year ago
>>> and another thing today, you're not a good scientist! Or so the
>>> dummies think.
>>>

>> Precisely!

>I had pointed out earlier in similar threads that much of what we were
>told was not really science. It was anecdotal. I looked up some of the
>sources and did not see studies or references to real studies. They were
>anecdotal observations.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 06:13:53 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:25 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>
>>On 2021-06-01 11:03 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not arguing for or against masks. I am objecting to the put down
>>> "follow the science" when the sciences keeps changing.

>>What you see as changing is better defined as developing.

>Dense people can't understand that scientific insights into a new
>phenomenon will be prone to change. If you said one thing a year ago
>and another thing today, you're not a good scientist! Or so the
>dummies think.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>to "hard" science.

There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:28:55 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>

>>Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>>to "hard" science.
>>>

>There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 5:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>

>> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>> to "hard" science.
>>>

> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.

No, Frank Luntz will not rent you a room now...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 3:08:19 PM UTC-4, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-06-01 10:23 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

> >> A typical response from a non-scientist!

> > I studied social sciences rather than the physical sciences, but I did a
> > considerable amount of research, was lab demonstrator in an experimental
> > Psychology course and completed a thesis. My first job out of university
> > was in educational research.
> >

> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
> to "hard" science.

Polly sci got AOL founder Steve Case $1.5 billion bucks. That doesn't sound very funny to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-01 5:28 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>

>> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>> to "hard" science.
>>>

> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.

But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
greater politicians).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:37:39 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-06-01 5:28 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>

>>> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>>> to "hard" science.
>>>>

>> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.
>>

>But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
>greater politicians).

Oh, I do understand. A family member is a soc & polisci professor.
Written lots of books and I tease this person about the soft side of
the field. I also must say that this person knows more about politics
and political theory than anyone I have ever read or met.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 20:57:58 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:37:39 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>>> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.
>>>

>>But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
>>greater politicians).

>Oh, I do understand. A family member is a soc & polisci professor.
>Written lots of books and I tease this person about the soft side of
>the field. I also must say that this person knows more about politics
>and political theory than anyone I have ever read or met.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:37:39 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-06-01 5:28 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>

>>> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>>> to "hard" science.
>>>>

>> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.
>>

>But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
>greater politicians).

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 17:23:10 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 3:08:19 PM UTC-4, Graham wrote:

>> > I studied social sciences rather than the physical sciences, but I did a
>> > considerable amount of research, was lab demonstrator in an experimental
>> > Psychology course and completed a thesis. My first job out of university
>> > was in educational research.
>> >

>> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>> to "hard" science.

>Polly sci got AOL founder Steve Case $1.5 billion bucks. That doesn't sound very funny to me.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-01 6:57 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:37:39 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>>> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.
>>>

>> But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
>> greater politicians).

> Oh, I do understand. A family member is a soc & polisci professor.
> Written lots of books and I tease this person about the soft side of
> the field. I also must say that this person knows more about politics
> and political theory than anyone I have ever read or met.

It's fascinating listening to well-informed, political commentators. I
used to keep myself fairly well informed, taking various magazines and
journals but these days it's so damned depressing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 21:28:10 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-06-01 6:57 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
>>> greater politicians).

>> Oh, I do understand. A family member is a soc & polisci professor.
>> Written lots of books and I tease this person about the soft side of
>> the field. I also must say that this person knows more about politics
>> and political theory than anyone I have ever read or met.
>>

>It's fascinating listening to well-informed, political commentators. I
>used to keep myself fairly well informed, taking various magazines and
>journals but these days it's so damned depressing.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:29:00 PM UTC-4, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>

> >Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
> >to "hard" science.
> >>

> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.

Yeah, but it's not as if you can repeat the experiment with another group.

"All science is either physics or stamp collecting."

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 8:58:04 PM UTC-4, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:37:39 -0600, Graham > wrote:

> >> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.
> >>

> >But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
> >greater politicians).

> Oh, I do understand. A family member is a soc & polisci professor.
> Written lots of books and I tease this person about the soft side of
> the field. I also must say that this person knows more about politics
> and political theory than anyone I have ever read or met.

Quite understandable. Especially about a family member or even a close friend.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 6:37 PM, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-06-01 5:28 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:08:13 -0600, Graham > wrote:
>>

>>> Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
>>> to "hard" science.
>>>>

>> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.
>>

> But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
> greater politicians).

A vote whore is a vote whore is a vote whore, hth.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 6:57 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:37:39 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>>> There is a branch of polisci that is wholly focused on hard data.
>>>

>> But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
>> greater politicians).

> Oh, I do understand. A family member is a soc & polisci professor.
> Written lots of books and I tease this person about the soft side of
> the field. I also must say that this person knows more about politics
> and political theory than anyone I have ever read or met.

A lettered vote whore is still a vote whore.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 9:28 PM, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-06-01 6:57 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> But it's still "The art of the possible" (R.A. Butler, one of the UK's
>>> greater politicians).

>> Oh, I do understand. A family member is a soc & polisci professor.
>> Written lots of books and I tease this person about the soft side of
>> the field. I also must say that this person knows more about politics
>> and political theory than anyone I have ever read or met.
>>

> It's fascinating listening to well-informed, political commentators. I
> used to keep myself fairly well informed, taking various magazines and
> journals but these days it's so damned depressing.

I've yet to see you make a cogent political point hereon.

Was the loss of mental acuity recent then?

French Cognac vs. other Cognac bruce bowser General Cooking 157 05-06-2021 11:11 PM
French Cognac vs. other Cognac micky[_2_] General Cooking 1 27-05-2021 07:50 PM
Cognac [email protected] General Cooking 53 27-06-2007 08:34 PM
Value on Cognac? Chester Perry Wine 5 06-04-2005 02:19 AM
Value on Cognac? Chester Perry Wine 0 04-04-2005 06:50 PM