Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gravy for Fried Chicken

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 04:56:14 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 08:49:58 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:

>>> I don't think mayo and french fries really go together. Its just a Euro fad.

>>You're probably right about it being a fad in the US.

>Definition of Euro fad: a fad in the US. I see.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 04:55:19 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:29:34 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:
>
>>On 6/1/2021 6:20 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 17:17:12 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>>> Belgians are the masters of fries and they serve them with mayo. The
>>> classic way. The Dutch added satay sauce as an option. both
>>> unbeatable. And not a fad
>>>

>>Mayo is plebian pseudo-fat.

>(Olive) oil, egg and vinegar/lemon juice. Nothing plebian or pseudo
>about that.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 04:52:28 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:03:39 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>>> That's odd to me. I also live in a tourist destination. Most of the
>>> locals hate the tourists and will avoid that area in the summer.
>>>
>>> Not me. I like to go down there and I get to meet many people from many
>>> areas that save up all year just to spent a week here.
>>>
>>> Nothing wrong with that. They love the beach area.
>>>
>>> In 1973, I decided to MOVE here instead of an annual vacation.
>>>

>>So you have been on vacation for 48 years?!?!
>>
>>Well played sir!

>Plus, he has his armchair!

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...-6N_ds0Q/o.jpg

>>> I've seen worse. There's a diner in Toledo that serves hot turkey or
>>> beef sandwiches with bread, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and corn.
>>> Ok, sometimes the vegetable of the day is green beans instead of
>>> corn, but still...
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>>You want a good BIG plate(s) of FOOD, try an Amish buffet:
>>

>>https://youtu.be/z6bxJkO8cJQ

>That woman seems to be cutting up a large piece of burnt corpse. Is
>that allowed according to Amish religious mania? And that opening
>shot's way too graphic. It needs an adult check.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 19:15:36 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 00:31:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:

>>> Nice crispy fries are delicious when dipped into some nice beef gravy.
>>> Then there is poutine, which uses chicken gravy and fresh cheese curds.
>>> I would never eat poutine myself, but it is very popular around here.

>>For a while, I saw people dipping fries into soft serve ice cream. I've tried it and it tastes pretty much like French fries dipped in ice cream. These days nobody's doing it any more. That's probably a good thing.

>Thanks, you've made me believe in progress again.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 05:41:20 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:31:03 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:
>
>>On 6/2/2021 12:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:27:13 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard

>>> And the best beer in the world.
>>>

>>Have you no love for Boags?
>>
>>https://www.brewsnews.com.au/wp-cont...0/12/Boags.jpg

>That's Tasmanian beer, as is Cascade:
><https://www.foodandbeveragetasmania.com/assets/partners/cover_large_cascade_f1c1329_116017-4.jpg>
>
>I used to drink both. Now I mainly drink wine.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 08:03:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 2:18:06 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> > I don't have any problem with the tourists - they got a right to be there.
>> > I just try to avoid making any contact with them.

>> That's odd to me. I also live in a tourist destination. Most of the
>> locals hate the tourists and will avoid that area in the summer.
>>
>> Not me. I like to go down there and I get to meet many people from many
>> areas that save up all year just to spent a week here.
>>
>> Nothing wrong with that. They love the beach area.
>>
>> In 1973, I decided to MOVE here instead of an annual vacation.

>My guess is that most people in most towns try to stay away from outsiders. It's probably been that way since there were towns. My guess is that most of the tourists to your town look a lot like you and speak the same language - that probably helps a lot.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:49:45 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 6/2/2021 1:37 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:28:13 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Definition of a euro - supplicant serf to royalists, assorted marxists,
>>> and secular demons who promote open borders and unfettered illegal
>>> immigration.

>> What I find ironic is that the UK has Brexited, but still has a Queen
>> from the German Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha.
>>

>The "deep state" has a very deep bench, doesn't it?
>
>https://pizzagatesite.wordpress.com/...lers-daughter/
>
>https://images-prod.misbar.com/artic...0dalia%20g.jpg
>
>No which one of these sociopathic witches do you think is the most evil?
>
>They all ought to be RFC trolls.

You'll believe anything

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:53:38 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 6/2/2021 1:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:31:03 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:

>>> Have you no love for Boags?
>>>
>>> https://www.brewsnews.com.au/wp-cont...0/12/Boags.jpg

>> That's Tasmanian beer, as is Cascade:
>> <https://www.foodandbeveragetasmania.com/assets/partners/cover_large_cascade_f1c1329_116017-4.jpg>
>>
>> I used to drink both. Now I mainly drink wine.
>>

>Taz is still apart of Auztardia last I checked...

It's an island that's part of Australia. Just like lots of islands are
part of the Land of the Fat People.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 11:03:52 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 2:18:06 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> > > I don't have any problem with the tourists - they got a right to be there.
> > > I just try to avoid making any contact with them.

> > That's odd to me. I also live in a tourist destination. Most of the
> > locals hate the tourists and will avoid that area in the summer.
> >
> > Not me. I like to go down there and I get to meet many people from many
> > areas that save up all year just to spent a week here.
> >
> > Nothing wrong with that. They love the beach area.
> >
> > In 1973, I decided to MOVE here instead of an annual vacation.

> My guess is that most people in most towns try to stay away from outsiders.

Probably because most people's problems stay on most people's minds most of the day. Now, you always have your exceptions like Paris, London and New York where money is what's on everyone's mind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 2:19 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:49:45 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/2/2021 1:37 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:28:13 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard

>>> What I find ironic is that the UK has Brexited, but still has a Queen
>>> from the German Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha.
>>>

>> The "deep state" has a very deep bench, doesn't it?
>>
>> https://pizzagatesite.wordpress.com/...lers-daughter/
>>
>> https://images-prod.misbar.com/artic...0dalia%20g.jpg
>>
>> No which one of these sociopathic witches do you think is the most evil?
>>
>> They all ought to be RFC trolls.

> You'll believe anything

I believe the open border shills caused this:

https://unherd.com/2021/04/swedens-migrant-rape-crisis/

Was the 2015 European migration crisis followed by a surge in sex crime
and sexual harassment? Its a delicate question; one that many people
would prefer not to be asked, much less answered.

The researchers found that, within that time-frame, a total of 3,039
offenders were convicted of rape+ against a woman in Sweden €” nearly all
of whom (99.7%) were men. According to the researchers, Swedish-born
offenders with Swedish-born parents accounted for 40.8% of the
offenders. But, strikingly, almost half of the offenders were born
outside of Sweden (47.7%). Of those foreign-born offenders, 34.5% were
from the Middle East/North Africa, with 19.1% hailing from the rest of
Africa. As a percentage of all convicted perpetrators, therefore, 16.4%
were foreign-born individuals from the Middle East/North Africa, and
9.1% were foreign-born individuals from Africa (excluding North Africa).

How far does this signify over-representation? On the basis of
population records kept by the official agency Statistics Sweden (SCB),
approximately 20% (19.7%) of the Swedish population are foreign-born
individuals. Among those convicted of rape and perpetrated rape, the
foreign-born account for 47.7% of those convicted €” so they are
over-represented by a factor of 2.4.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8...-migrants-rape

Gatestone Institute first reported Germany's migrant rape crisis in
September 2015, when Merkel opened up the German border to tens of
thousands of migrants stranded in Hungary. A follow-up report was
published in March 2016, in the aftermath of mass attacks against German
women by mobs of migrants in Cologne, Hamburg and other German cities.

Germany's migrant rape crisis has now spread to cities and towns in all
16 of Germany's federal states. Germany is effectively under siege;
public spaces are becoming increasingly perilous. Police have warned
about a potential breakdown of public order this summer, when young male
migrants are likely to see women lightly dressed.

During the month of July 2016, hundreds of German women and children
were sexually assaulted by migrants (see Appendix below). The youngest
victim was nine; the oldest, 79. Attacks occurred at beaches, bike
trails, cemeteries, discotheques, grocery stores, music festivals,
parking garages, playgrounds, schools, shopping malls, taxis, public
transportation (buses, trams, intercity express trains and subways),
public parks, public squares, public swimming pools and public
restrooms. Predators are lurking everywhere; safety nowhere.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...ists-in-italy/

Data from the Italian Interior Ministry has stated that 42 out of 100
rapes in the country are committed by migrants and the numbers continue
to rise.

The statistics from the Interior Ministry also suggest that Italian
women are more prone to be the victims of sexual harassment and minor
sex attacks than foreign women, while foreign women have a slightly
higher rate for serious sex crimes such as violent rape, Il Giornale
reports.

Earlier this week in Naples, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a
30-year-old non-European Union migrant who forced her into his car and
drove her to an isolated area where he tied her wrists together and
raped her. She told police that the man had been stalking her for some
time before the incident.

Italy has seen a number of migrant sex attacks in recent months,
including the rape of a girl in March by a gang of five migrants from
Albania and Morocco, as well as the rape of a 15-year-old in Tissino by
Moroccan migrants in October. Both incidents also involved illegal drugs.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...migrant-crisis

French Interior Minister Gérard Collomb described the level of violence
in Calais as "unprecedented." He attributed the fighting to an
escalating turf war between Afghan and Kurdish gangs seeking to gain
control over human trafficking between Calais and Britain, which many
migrants view as "El Dorado" because of its massive underground economy.

During his visit to Calais, Macron outlined his government's new
immigration policy: food and shelter for those entitled to remain in
France, and deportation of those in the country illegally.

"Emmanuel Macron did it. Never before has a president of the Republic
fallen into unpopularity so fast and then become popular again." €” Paris
Match.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 2:23 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:53:38 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/2/2021 1:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:31:03 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard

>>> That's Tasmanian beer, as is Cascade:
>>> <https://www.foodandbeveragetasmania.com/assets/partners/cover_large_cascade_f1c1329_116017-4.jpg>
>>>
>>> I used to drink both. Now I mainly drink wine.
>>>

>> Taz is still apart of Auztardia last I checked...

> It's an island that's part of Australia. Just like lots of islands are
> part of the Land of the Fat People.

You missed the obvious sp. troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:52:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 6:59:15 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>> > I've seen worse. There's a diner in Toledo that serves hot turkey or
>> > beef sandwiches with bread, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and corn.
>> > Ok, sometimes the vegetable of the day is green beans instead of
>> > corn, but still...
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> You want a good BIG plate(s) of FOOD, try an Amish buffet:
>>

>> https://youtu.be/z6bxJkO8cJQ
>>

>> My first food trip to Amish country in Lancaster Pennsylvania. Just
>> exploring on my own so im sure I missed some good spots. But wanted to
>> come here because I heard about this amazing buffet or Smorgasbord.
>>
>> Restaurants I went to:
>> Shady Maple Smorgasbord
>> 129 Toddy Dr, East Earl, PA 17519
>>
>> Bird in Hand Bakeshop
>> 542 Gibbons Rd, Bird in Hand, PA 17505
>>
>> Immergut Hand-Rolled Soft Pretzels
>> 3537 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse, PA 17534
>>
>> ***MORE EXCLUSIVE Content on Instagram***
>> ? http://instagr.am/Mikexingchen

>Unfortunately, I can't eat a big plate of food - not these days. OTOH, I'd go there anyway because the food looks great and the price looks reasonable. Here's my idea of a big plate of food. It's going to cost about $60.
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/MG5JaLtaPFBrpvfe6

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 6:48:53 AM UTC-5, Glen Tuttle wrote:

> On 6/1/2021 6:25 PM, wrote:
> >
> >> https://cdn.shortpixel.ai/client/q_g...Gravy-3-II.jpg
> >>

> > Dead link.
> >

> The link works fine here.

Nope, still a dead link today, 6/02/2021 @ 6:12 p.m., CST.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 7:16:04 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> On 6/1/2021 5:11 PM, wrote:

> >> Cream gravy with freshly cracked black pepper.
> >>

> > What do you think chicken gravy is made from? Beer? Coca cola?
> > Tang?

> Cream/milk is typical but I like making it with chicken stock instead.
> No dairy other than butter.

That sounds a lot like turkey gravy that is served around Thanksgiving.
No milk or dairy in it either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 11:40:26 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> On 6/1/2021 11:03 PM, wrote:
>
> > It's stomach lurching looking
> > to me.
> >

> What????
>
> https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg
>
> Look again.

I looked and my stomach lurched. Is that a plate of vomit????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 16:12:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>> > Dead link.
>> >

>> The link works fine here.
>>

>Nope, still a dead link today, 6/02/2021 @ 6:12 p.m., CST.

Works from the other side of the world.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 7:19:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 11:40:26 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> >
> > On 6/1/2021 11:03 PM, wrote:
> >
> > > It's stomach lurching looking
> > > to me.
> > >

> > What????

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

> > Look again.
> >

> I looked and my stomach lurched. Is that a plate of vomit????

Oh, that's probably stew, soup, etc...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 6:44:56 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/2/2021 1:31 AM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Nice crispy fries are delicious when dipped into some nice beef gravy.
> >> Then there is poutine, which uses chicken gravy and fresh cheese curds..
> >> I would never eat poutine myself, but it is very popular around here.

> > For a while, I saw people dipping fries into soft serve ice cream. I've tried it and it tastes pretty much like French fries dipped in ice cream. These days nobody's doing it any more. That's probably a good thing.
> >
> > https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...recipe-science
> >

> Shades of Elvis and his late night sammich oddities...

My sons have fond memories of the Elvis pancakes served at the M.A.C. 24/7 Bar and Restaurant in Waikiki. They would go there late at night and for celebrations. It seemed like a big deal to them. I haven't been there myself - probably because of its location. One of these days, I'll have to go with those boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjdunAt1Ks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 01:49:44 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 7:19:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>> > What????

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

>> > Look again.
>> >

>> I looked and my stomach lurched. Is that a plate of vomit????

>Oh, that's probably stew, soup, etc...

Could it be lobster and poutine?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 12:40 PM, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/1/2021 11:03 PM, wrote:
>> It's stomach lurching looking
>> to me.

> What????

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

> Look again.

The food looks good but those plastic lobsters are silly for presentation..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 2:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:03:39 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:

>>> That's odd to me. I also live in a tourist destination. Most of the
>>> locals hate the tourists and will avoid that area in the summer.
>>>
>>> Not me. I like to go down there and I get to meet many people from many
>>> areas that save up all year just to spent a week here.
>>>
>>> Nothing wrong with that. They love the beach area.
>>>
>>> In 1973, I decided to MOVE here instead of an annual vacation.
>>>

>> So you have been on vacation for 48 years?!?!
>>
>> Well played sir!

> Plus, he has his armchair!

so that's where you've been hiding, my aussie friend. Not a good pick as
the "Dave" id is probably mostly killfiled these days.

But yes...armchair traveling works so well. The other night I got a tour
of Scotland by train. Got to see all the highlights without all the
travel time. Kind of like a "Reader's Digest condensed book."

As for a beach vacation, I get one every day, before or after work. Only
5 minutes travel time by bike.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 3:30 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> The mayo with fries fad in Europe will probably last as long as their wearing dark socks with white tennis shoes fad.

LOL. That's definitely a fashion fail. Probably old ppl that don't know
any better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 3:32 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Mayo on a Burger?

> I wouldn't want it on a burger either. I mainly want it with fries.

I *always* put mayo on a burger.

Made a good homemade one 2 days ago:

Hamburger bun lightly toasted.
Mayo on both halves.
Ketchup, sliced raw onions added to one half
Mustard, thin sliced kosher dills added to the other half.

1/3 pound ground mystery chuck with garlic powder pressed in and cooked
to medium rare. Once flipped, a small slice of cheddar plus S&P

Very good eats. Sometimes I'll also add a slice of tomato and some
iceberg lettuce. (not this time)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 07:27:14 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 6/2/2021 2:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:03:39 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> So you have been on vacation for 48 years?!?!
>>>
>>> Well played sir!

>> Plus, he has his armchair!
>>

>so that's where you've been hiding, my aussie friend. Not a good pick as
>the "Dave" id is probably mostly killfiled these days.

Anything I choose, my stalker troll copies, so each name gets
killfiled. So I figured that nobody wants to miss the posts of Dave
"Pickleball" Smith. Which is why I'm catching a ride on his name.

>But yes...armchair traveling works so well. The other night I got a tour
>of Scotland by train. Got to see all the highlights without all the
>travel time. Kind of like a "Reader's Digest condensed book."

A while ago, I saw the view out of a bus that was driving through the
UK countryside. It was filler TV, like footage of an aquarium, but
more interesting.

>As for a beach vacation, I get one every day, before or after work. Only
>5 minutes travel time by bike.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 07:39:48 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 6/2/2021 3:32 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Mayo on a Burger?

>> I wouldn't want it on a burger either. I mainly want it with fries.

>I *always* put mayo on a burger.
>
>Made a good homemade one 2 days ago:
>
>Hamburger bun lightly toasted.
>Mayo on both halves.
>Ketchup, sliced raw onions added to one half
>Mustard, thin sliced kosher dills added to the other half.

What would have been the difference if the dills hadn't been kosher?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 7:45:03 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I wouldn't want it on a burger either. I mainly want it with fries.

> >I *always* put mayo on a burger.
> >
> >Made a good homemade one 2 days ago:
> >
> >Hamburger bun lightly toasted.
> >Mayo on both halves.
> >Ketchup, sliced raw onions added to one half
> >Mustard, thin sliced kosher dills added to the other half.

> What would have been the difference if the dills hadn't been kosher?

Garlic. Pickles labeled "kosher dills" always have garlic in them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 7:44 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I wouldn't want it on a burger either. I mainly want it with fries.

>> I *always* put mayo on a burger.
>>
>> Made a good homemade one 2 days ago:
>>
>> Hamburger bun lightly toasted.
>> Mayo on both halves.
>> Ketchup, sliced raw onions added to one half
>> Mustard, thin sliced kosher dills added to the other half.

> What would have been the difference if the dills hadn't been kosher?

hehheh I have no idea. I just like those.
BTW, I made a deluxe burger once with all the fixings but NO meat. It
was seriously just as tasty. I didn't even miss the meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:57:25 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 7:45:03 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

>> >I *always* put mayo on a burger.
>> >
>> >Made a good homemade one 2 days ago:
>> >
>> >Hamburger bun lightly toasted.
>> >Mayo on both halves.
>> >Ketchup, sliced raw onions added to one half
>> >Mustard, thin sliced kosher dills added to the other half.

>> What would have been the difference if the dills hadn't been kosher?

>Garlic. Pickles labeled "kosher dills" always have garlic in them.

Is that a Jewish religious law? Thou shallt add garlic to thy dill?

--
The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:00:42 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 6/3/2021 7:44 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I *always* put mayo on a burger.
>>>
>>> Made a good homemade one 2 days ago:
>>>
>>> Hamburger bun lightly toasted.
>>> Mayo on both halves.
>>> Ketchup, sliced raw onions added to one half
>>> Mustard, thin sliced kosher dills added to the other half.

>> What would have been the difference if the dills hadn't been kosher?

>hehheh I have no idea. I just like those.
>BTW, I made a deluxe burger once with all the fixings but NO meat. It
>was seriously just as tasty. I didn't even miss the meat.

I can imagine.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 07:22:10 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 6/2/2021 12:40 PM, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/1/2021 11:03 PM, wrote:
>>> It's stomach lurching looking
>>> to me.

>> What????

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

>> Look again.

>The food looks good but those plastic lobsters are silly for presentation..

They look like nice ceramic S N' P shakers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:00:42 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 6/3/2021 7:44 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I *always* put mayo on a burger.
>>>
>>> Made a good homemade one 2 days ago:
>>>
>>> Hamburger bun lightly toasted.
>>> Mayo on both halves.
>>> Ketchup, sliced raw onions added to one half
>>> Mustard, thin sliced kosher dills added to the other half.

>> What would have been the difference if the dills hadn't been kosher?

>hehheh I have no idea. I just like those.

Most all packaged foods at the market are labled kosher.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 6:03 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 07:22:10 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>>> What????

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

>>> Look again.

>> The food looks good but those plastic lobsters are silly for presentation..

> They look like nice ceramic S N' P shakers.

Some people can't tell that. That is why you don't see any cracking
tools set out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 4:56 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> About the best you can do is faux chicken gravy, made with Better Than
> Bouillon,

That is some serious good stuff, for supermarket fare.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 5:12 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 6:48:53 AM UTC-5, Glen Tuttle wrote:
>>
>> On 6/1/2021 6:25 PM, wrote:

https://cdn.shortpixel.ai/client/q_g...Gravy-3-II.jpg

>>> Dead link.
>>>

>> The link works fine here.
>>

> Nope, still a dead link today, 6/02/2021 @ 6:12 p.m., CST.

Clueless douche canoe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 5:19 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 11:40:26 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>> On 6/1/2021 11:03 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> It's stomach lurching looking
>>> to me.
>>>

>> What????

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

>> Look again.
>>

> I looked and my stomach lurched. Is that a plate of vomit????

Do you work very hard to be such an asshat, or is is an innate talent?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 3:34 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 6:44:56 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> For a while, I saw people dipping fries into soft serve ice cream. I've tried it and it tastes pretty much like French fries dipped in ice cream. These days nobody's doing it any more. That's probably a good thing.
>>>
>>> https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...recipe-science
>>>

>> Shades of Elvis and his late night sammich oddities...

> My sons have fond memories of the Elvis pancakes served at the M.A.C. 24/7 Bar and Restaurant in Waikiki. They would go there late at night and for celebrations. It seemed like a big deal to them. I haven't been there myself - probably because of its location. One of these days, I'll have to go with those boys.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjdunAt1Ks

Wowie!

That dude may lift, but I bet he can't press that plate!

Way too much carbs and sweets for me thanks.

Do you think Elvis was into sardines?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 3:35 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 01:49:44 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

>>> I looked and my stomach lurched. Is that a plate of vomit????

>> Oh, that's probably stew, soup, etc...

> Could it be lobster and poutine?

And could it be DAMNED TASTY???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2021 5:22 AM, Gary wrote:
> On 6/2/2021 12:40 PM, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/1/2021 11:03 PM, wrote:
>>> It's stomach lurching looking
>>> to me.

>> What????

https://tasteofnovascotia.com/wp-con...2347608965.jpg

>> Look again.

> The food looks good but those plastic lobsters are silly for presentation..

Ceramic salt shakers I think, and lobsta doesn;t need salt.

Still, reminds me of the days when Red Lobster used to offer their
Lobsearita drink, with a mardi gras style bead necklace and a little
lobsta charm on the end:

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Fun promotional at the time.

Ever drink out of the toilet bowl?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/z84AA...ufJ/s-l300.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rEUAA...a83/s-l300.jpg

Thinking that Bobnby McGees is long gone now.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...alifornia.html

13 years ago

Just wondering if anyone remembers the resturant Bobby Mcgees
Conglomeration where the waiters/waitress had to act like a charactrer
and the salad bar was in a big bath tub??? Is there anyplace like it
around anymore - my kids would love that place!