Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gravy for Fried Chicken

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 10:05:57 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 06:21:27 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> Left over turkey is definitely the best on toast with bacon Lettuce and Tomato. That's the thing about living in a place where there are dozens and dozens of restaurants on your street, alone. You have so many choices if you're too tired to cook or even warm anything up that day.

>>The worst thing is living on a street with dozens of restaurants. Restaurants stink.

>Especially in the morning when they're frying bacon.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 05:36:00 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

>>> Heartily agree, gravy uncrisps the fried exterior. I don't want gravy
>>> with roast chicken either, ruins the crisp skin. Gravy is for the
>>> mashed. But I generally don't want gravy on mashed, messes with the
>>> budda, We have kasha with roast holiday turkey and I make gravy from
>>> the roasting pan drippings. Next day we'll have open faced turkey
>>> sammiches on toast with gravy and more kasha on the side with gravy.
>>> For most everyday meals we don't want gravy. For med-rare cold
>>> roastbeast sammiches gravy ruins the tomato and mayo.

>> Left over turkey is definitely the best on toast with bacon Lettuce and Tomato.

> Bacon smells like shit.

Popeye, it's yoose upper lip yoose smelling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:48:22 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 05:36:00 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>>> Left over turkey is definitely the best on toast with bacon Lettuce and Tomato.

>> Bacon smells like shit.
>>

>Popeye, it's yoose upper lip yoose smelling.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:46:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/31/2021 11:09 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:39:42 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>>> What's the best gravy for fried chicken?

>> If it's Southern fried chicken, no gravy at all. I eat that stuff with my fingers so I don't want gravy on it making it all slippery and hard to hold. If it's chicken katsu, the best gravy is Japan curry.
>>
>> https://japan.recipetineats.com/kats...hicken-cutlet/
>>

>Curry has its place, but not on fried chicken, imo.
>
>Is lamb a thing in Japan, and if not, why?

Ever tried to eat a lamb with chopsticks?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:09:26 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:39:42 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>
> > What's the best gravy for fried chicken?

> If it's Southern fried chicken, no gravy at all. I eat that stuff with my fingers so I don't want gravy on it making it all slippery and hard to hold.

The gravy doesn't go ON the chicken, it goes ON the mashed potatoes that
it is assumed you will be eating with your fried chicken. I can't speak for
other regions of the country, but mashed potatoes are served with fried
chicken 99/44 100% of the time in the South.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 10:55:32 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> On 5/31/2021 6:39 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
>
> > What's the best gravy for fried chicken?
> >

> Cream gravy with freshly cracked black pepper.

What do you think chicken gravy is made from? Beer? Coca cola?
Tang?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:21:15 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 Gary wrote:
> >
> >Best gravy for good fried chicken is no gravy.
> >

> Heartily agree, gravy uncrisps the fried exterior. I don't want gravy
> with roast chicken either, ruins the crisp skin. Gravy is for the
> mashed.

I suppose some places do serve gravy ON fried chicken, I just personally
haven't seen it. That gravy goes on top mashed potatoes or split open
biscuits.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:49:44 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> No worries, go to Cracker Barrel!
>
> https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...-6N_ds0Q/o.jpg

You think you have enough starches on that plate, boy?

> And ignore those tinned blue lake beans on the side please.

Why? If they've been seasoned properly there is nothing wrong with them.
If you like barely steamed green beans then those on that plate would be
abhorrent to you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:48:06 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that.

See if opening some windows might help. Truly, I'm not just pulling your leg.

Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.

> https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9

That looks really, really good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:48:06 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that.

See if opening some windows might help. Truly, I'm not just pulling your leg.

>Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9

That looks really, really good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 11:48 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 3:43:55 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> The worst thing is living on a street with dozens of restaurants. Restaurants stink.
>>>

>> There is a place on the main street through town that sells mainly
>> pizza and chicken wings, and a lot of fries. There is often a stench of
>> oil in the air. Then there is the really horrible stench of the garbage
>> bins in the allies behind. They can be enough to gag a maggot.

> I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9

Good looking plate, but the salmon looks like Atlantic or farm raised?

Maybe its your pic, the coloration tends more to Halibut.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 12:08 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:46:35 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>>
>>> If it's Southern fried chicken, no gravy at all. I eat that stuff with my fingers so I don't want gravy on it making it all slippery and hard to hold. If it's chicken katsu, the best gravy is Japan curry.
>>>
>>> https://japan.recipetineats.com/kats...hicken-cutlet/
>>>

>> Curry has its place, but not on fried chicken, imo.
>>
>> Is lamb a thing in Japan, and if not, why?

> That's a good question but I don't know about that.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Editor-s-Pic...-food-culture2

ERIKO SHIBUYA, Nikkei staff writer
December 31, 2017 20:56 JST
TOKYO -- As prices for pork and beef remain high in Japan, lamb is
gaining popularity as a cheaper and healthier alternative.

When The Nikkei hung out in front of a supermarket's meat case, we
spotted a housewife in her 40s who was there to pick up some steak for
dinner. She ended up with lamb steaks.

"I chose lamb because it was cheaper than beef," she said. "I know lamb
tastes good because I have had it several times at restaurants."

Much of the lamb is coming from New Zealand and Australia.

New Zealand leg of lamb steaks go for 208 yen ($1.85) per 100 grams,
while domestic beef round steak cuts are over 800 yen per 100 grams.
Australian beef round steak cuts sell for 218 yen per 100 grams, while
domestic pork belly is 228 yen per 100 grams.

Prices for wagyu beef remain particularly high. In Tokyo at the end of
November, the weighted average wholesale price of grade A4 steer carcass
for sukiyaki -- a braised beef, vegetables and raw egg dish -- was
around 2,600 yen per kilogram, up 50% from five years ago.

Beef production is declining due to calf shortages. Pork prices have
remained high since a diarrhea epidemic spread among pigs nearly three
years ago.

Lamb, though, has spent the past two years gaining popularity, thanks to
its low-fat, high-iron content compared to beef and pork.

More restaurants are putting lamb on their menus. Some observers say
that demand is shifting from beef and pork to lamb because of lamb's
relative price stability.

Supermarkets are following suit. Since June, Aeon has doubled or tripled
the lamb sections at all of its 396 Aeon and Aeon Style stores in the
Honshu and Shikoku regions.

Other supermarkets have started handling lamb as a basic item over the
past few years. Suffolk Cross Lamb, which gives off no odor and suits
Japanese tastes, is gaining popularity.

Japanese meat processors are also jumping on the bandwagon.

Itoham Yonekyu Holdings plans to turn its New Zealand subsidiary, Anzco
Foods, into a wholly owned unit to accelerate shipments of lamb meat to
Japan. The move could come by the end of the year. Anzco, New Zealand's
second largest meatpacker, processed 2.28 million lambs in 2016 and
exported 2,000 tons of lamb meat to Japan, up 20% from a year earlier.

Japan has had a previous lamb boom. Japanese meat producers started
importing lamb as an alternative to beef in 2003, following the outbreak
of mad cow disease in the U.S. In 2005, Mongolian barbecue became a fad,
and a year later lamb imports reached a record high.

However, lamb consumption declined rapidly thereafter and remained
stagnant for the next decade.

Andrew Cox, a manager at Meat & Livestock Australia, said unlike the
previous Mongolian barbecue boom, this time lamb consumption has
increased slowly year by year, with the meat working its way into
Japanese food culture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 12:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:49:44 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> I've had that with chicken fried steak. That's good eating. A chicken fried chicken would be pretty good too but I'm too embarrassed to order something like that.
>>>

>> No worries, go to Cracker Barrel!
>>
>> https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...-6N_ds0Q/o.jpg
>>
>> And ignore those tinned blue lake beans on the side please.

> I sure will, if I don't die first! The only place on this rock where one could get black pepper cream gravy on this rock was Denny's. The Denny's in my town is closed for good. That's kind of tragic. No more cream gravy for me!

Easy to make, especially for a biscuit pro like yourself.

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/s...eam-gravy.html

Ingredients
2 Tbsp
butter or bacon fat
2 Tbsp
flour
2 c
milk
2 Tbsp
heavy cream
1 tsp
salt
3/4 tsp
black peppercorns, freshly cracked
Add Ingredients to Grocery List
How to Make Black Pepper Cream Gravy

In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter/bacon fat.
Whisk in the flour.
Saute the flour until lightly browned.
Remove pan from the heat.
Pour the milk into the pan in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
Return pan to the heat.
Whisk until the gravy thickens.
Whisk in the cream, salt and pepper.
Keep warm until needed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 10:48:02 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 3:43:55 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > The worst thing is living on a street with dozens of restaurants. Restaurants stink.
>> >

>> There is a place on the main street through town that sells mainly
>> pizza and chicken wings, and a lot of fries. There is often a stench of
>> oil in the air. Then there is the really horrible stench of the garbage
>> bins in the allies behind. They can be enough to gag a maggot.

>I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9

Isn't it hard to work around the little green balls when you're eating
this?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11:27:04 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/1/2021 11:48 AM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> There is a place on the main street through town that sells mainly
> >> pizza and chicken wings, and a lot of fries. There is often a stench of
> >> oil in the air. Then there is the really horrible stench of the garbage
> >> bins in the allies behind. They can be enough to gag a maggot.

> > I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9
> >

> Good looking plate, but the salmon looks like Atlantic or farm raised?
>
> Maybe its your pic, the coloration tends more to Halibut.

I can't say what kind of salmon that was. The fillets were ones that's been in the back of the freezer for quite a while! They did seem kind of on the pale side. Perhaps the factory ran out of orange and pink food coloring.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 1:53 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:46:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > wrote:

>>> If it's Southern fried chicken, no gravy at all. I eat that stuff with my fingers so I don't want gravy on it making it all slippery and hard to hold. If it's chicken katsu, the best gravy is Japan curry.
>>>
>>> https://japan.recipetineats.com/kats...hicken-cutlet/
>>>

>> Curry has its place, but not on fried chicken, imo.
>>
>> Is lamb a thing in Japan, and if not, why?

> Ever tried to eat a lamb with chopsticks?

Yes, I have...and you?

https://www.japancentre.com/en/recip...barbecued-lamb

https://images.japancentre.com/recip...jpg?1471969671

And before anyone chimes in, the lamb looks rather blah to me too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11:44:10 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 6/1/2021 1:53 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:46:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > > wrote:

> >> Curry has its place, but not on fried chicken, imo.
> >>
> >> Is lamb a thing in Japan, and if not, why?

> > Ever tried to eat a lamb with chopsticks?
> >

> Yes, I have...and you?
>

> https://www.japancentre.com/en/recip...barbecued-lamb
>
> https://images.japancentre.com/recip...jpg?1471969671
>
> And before anyone chimes in, the lamb looks rather blah to me too.

Those pale pieces kind of give me the creeps. They remind me of the pale Japanese tourists that have invaded the town that I grew up in. I don't have any problem with the tourists - they got a right to be there. I just try to avoid making any contact with them. Come to think of it, I like to avoid making contact with lamb too. Coincidence?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11:22:30 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:48:06 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that.
> >

> See if opening some windows might help. Truly, I'm not just pulling your leg.
> >
> >Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9

> That looks really, really good.

I was messing around with the air fryer yesterday. I'm trying to make some room in the freezer so I threw some frozen French fries in the fryer. The fries were then mixed up with some garlic mayo and tossed with furikake. It was totally excellent so I'll probably cook the rest of the fries like that..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Det348RnXqWLGEHJ8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 3:17 PM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:49:44 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>> No worries, go to Cracker Barrel!

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...-6N_ds0Q/o.jpg

> You think you have enough starches on that plate, boy?

You get a cornmeal muffin on the side too.

>> And ignore those tinned blue lake beans on the side please.
>>

> Why?

They're spent.

> If they've been seasoned properly there is nothing wrong with them.

Tinned taste sucks.

> If you like barely steamed green beans then those on that plate would be
> abhorrent to you.

I prefer broil-roasted with almond slivers.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/18/b5...8a44772d00.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 05:53:15 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:46:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>>> If it's Southern fried chicken, no gravy at all. I eat that stuff with my fingers so I don't want gravy on it making it all slippery and hard to hold. If it's chicken katsu, the best gravy is Japan curry.
>>>
>>> https://japan.recipetineats.com/kats...hicken-cutlet/
>>>

>>Curry has its place, but not on fried chicken, imo.
>>
>>Is lamb a thing in Japan, and if not, why?

>Ever tried to eat a lamb with chopsticks?

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 15:53:02 -0300, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:48:22 -0500, Hank Rogers >
>wrote:
>
>>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 05:36:00 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>>> Bacon smells like shit.
>>>

>>Popeye, it's yoose upper lip yoose smelling.
>>

>Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 3:43 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11:27:04 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.
>>>
>>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9
>>>

>> Good looking plate, but the salmon looks like Atlantic or farm raised?
>>
>> Maybe its your pic, the coloration tends more to Halibut.

> I can't say what kind of salmon that was. The fillets were ones that's been in the back of the freezer for quite a while! They did seem kind of on the pale side. Perhaps the factory ran out of orange and pink food coloring.

Heh, the Alaskan salmon we get here is deeply colored.

https://www.alaskagoldbrand.com/wp-c...with-knife.png

But the Coho on the left is more like Atlantic or farmed salmon:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ul1e...570684.jpg?c=2

Either way - a tasty looking plate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:22:27 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:48:06 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that.
>>

>See if opening some windows might help. Truly, I'm not just pulling your leg.
>>
>>Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9
>>

>That looks really, really good.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:19:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:48:06 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that.
>>

>See if opening some windows might help. Truly, I'm not just pulling your leg.
>>

>Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9
>>

>That looks really, really good.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:49:44 AM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>> No worries, go to Cracker Barrel!
>>
>> https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...-6N_ds0Q/o.jpg
>>

>You think you have enough starches on that plate, boy?
>>
>> And ignore those tinned blue lake beans on the side please.
>>

>Why? If they've been seasoned properly there is nothing wrong with them.
>If you like barely steamed green beans then those on that plate would be
>abhorrent to you.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:14:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:21:15 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> >

>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 Gary wrote:
>> >
>> >Best gravy for good fried chicken is no gravy.
>> >

>> Heartily agree, gravy uncrisps the fried exterior. I don't want gravy
>> with roast chicken either, ruins the crisp skin. Gravy is for the
>> mashed.
>>

>I suppose some places do serve gravy ON fried chicken, I just personally
>haven't seen it. That gravy goes on top mashed potatoes or split open
>biscuits.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:11:52 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 10:55:32 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>> On 5/31/2021 6:39 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> > What's the best gravy for fried chicken?
>> >

>> Cream gravy with freshly cracked black pepper.
>>

>What do you think chicken gravy is made from? Beer? Coca cola?
>Tang?

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:10:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:09:26 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:39:42 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> > What's the best gravy for fried chicken?

>> If it's Southern fried chicken, no gravy at all. I eat that stuff with my fingers so I don't want gravy on it making it all slippery and hard to hold.
>>

>The gravy doesn't go ON the chicken, it goes ON the mashed potatoes that
>it is assumed you will be eating with your fried chicken. I can't speak for
>other regions of the country, but mashed potatoes are served with fried
>chicken 99/44 100% of the time in the South.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:05:24 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> If you ain't dipping that chicken in the taters and gravy you're missing
> out.

No, I'm not. I don't dip French fries in ketchup either. No need to dip chicken or
fries into anything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:57:53 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11:22:30 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 12:48:06 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > I've been doing a lot of frying recently. When I get up the next morning, the smell is quite heavy in the air. I'm not sure what can be done about that.
>> >

>> See if opening some windows might help. Truly, I'm not just pulling your leg.
>> >
>> >Here's some salmon that I cooked last night in the air fryer. The good thing about the air fryer is there's no fishy smell the next day.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x13xm8eCyTaXWfTq9

>> That looks really, really good.

>I was messing around with the air fryer yesterday. I'm trying to make some room in the freezer so I threw some frozen French fries in the fryer. The fries were then mixed up with some garlic mayo and tossed with furikake. It was totally excellent so I'll probably cook the rest of the fries like that.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/Det348RnXqWLGEHJ8

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:56:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11:44:10 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 6/1/2021 1:53 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:46:30 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard

>> > Ever tried to eat a lamb with chopsticks?
>> >

>> Yes, I have...and you?
>>

>> https://www.japancentre.com/en/recip...barbecued-lamb
>>
>> https://images.japancentre.com/recip...jpg?1471969671
>>
>> And before anyone chimes in, the lamb looks rather blah to me too.

>Those pale pieces kind of give me the creeps. They remind me of the pale Japanese tourists that have invaded the town that I grew up in. I don't have any problem with the tourists - they got a right to be there. I just try to avoid making any contact with them. Come to think of it, I like to avoid making contact with lamb too. Coincidence?

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking