Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gravy for Fried Chicken

On 05/06/2021 18:45, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 5:18:48 AM UTC-10, wrote:

>>> ...for lesser values of "special"...
>>>
>>> How are you on insulting the dead?
>>>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ6CbZrrv88
>>>

>> --Bryan

> That was then, this is now.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEsdFXjkwtk

====

Good for them?? I hope it can make even a bit of difference))

Do I see they are getting popular?? Fantastic)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:09:45 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 7:59:36 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> > > Unfortunately, I can't eat a big plate of food - not these days.

> > Ah to be young and buffet invincible again, eh?
> > > OTOH, I'd go there anyway because the food looks great and the price looks reasonable. Here's my idea of a big plate of food. It's going to cost about $60.
> > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/MG5JaLtaPFBrpvfe6
> > >

> > Not cheap, but also high quality.
> >
> > I like that cornstarch dusted and deep fried lobsta!
> >
> > Don't know if you saw this, but Red Lobsta just went all in on Kung Pao:
> >
> > https://menuandprice.com/wp-content/...th-Lobster.jpg
> >
> > ...some slight resemblance their to your plate...have not tried this yet
> > but soon will...
> >
> > https://www.redlobster.com/menu/past...crispy-lobster
> >
> > Hand-battered, fried lobster tail with noodles tossed in a sweet and
> > spicy soy-ginger sauce with edamame, cabbage, crispy onions, cashews and
> > green onions.

> Dusting food with cornstarch and then frying it at high heat is a very traditional Chinese way of cooking. My favorite chicken wing is at the Vietnamese joint down the street. When I walk into the place, the guy would point to me and say "Chicken wing!" His chicken wings are so small, makes me wonder where he's getting them. If I was him, I'd offer a new dish - parking lot chicken!
> The Chinese restaurant down the street makes some pretty awesome wings too. They are regular sized.
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/CzdkDMkbKVxv1dcv7

There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:45:45 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:09:45 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> > > Ah to be young and buffet invincible again, eh?
> > > >
> > > Not cheap, but also high quality.
> > >
> > > I like that cornstarch dusted and deep fried lobsta!
> > >
> > > Don't know if you saw this, but Red Lobsta just went all in on Kung Pao:
> > >
> > > https://menuandprice.com/wp-content/...th-Lobster.jpg
> > >
> > > ...some slight resemblance their to your plate...have not tried this yet
> > > but soon will...
> > >
> > > https://www.redlobster.com/menu/past...crispy-lobster
> > >
> > > Hand-battered, fried lobster tail with noodles tossed in a sweet and
> > > spicy soy-ginger sauce with edamame, cabbage, crispy onions, cashews and
> > > green onions.

> > Dusting food with cornstarch and then frying it at high heat is a very traditional Chinese way of cooking. My favorite chicken wing is at the Vietnamese joint down the street. When I walk into the place, the guy would point to me and say "Chicken wing!" His chicken wings are so small, makes me wonder where he's getting them. If I was him, I'd offer a new dish - parking lot chicken!
> > The Chinese restaurant down the street makes some pretty awesome wings too. They are regular sized.
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/CzdkDMkbKVxv1dcv7

> There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.

When I was in my early 20s, between girlfriends, me and a buddy used to
camp illegally in a state conservation area. We'd make a fire, then dig out
some of the coals and put a chicken in, then re-cover it with coals. In about
an hour we'd dig it out and peel off the burnt skin. We called it "Chicken
Viet Nam." It wasn't very good, but neither was the cheap, shitty beer we
drank by the case back then.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 10:07:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:45:45 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > Dusting food with cornstarch and then frying it at high heat is a very traditional Chinese way of cooking. My favorite chicken wing is at the Vietnamese joint down the street. When I walk into the place, the guy would point to me and say "Chicken wing!" His chicken wings are so small, makes me wonder where he's getting them. If I was him, I'd offer a new dish - parking lot chicken!
> > > The Chinese restaurant down the street makes some pretty awesome wings too. They are regular sized.
> > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/CzdkDMkbKVxv1dcv7

> > There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings.. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.
> >

> When I was in my early 20s, between girlfriends, me and a buddy used to
> camp illegally in a state conservation area. We'd make a fire, then dig out
> some of the coals and put a chicken in, then re-cover it with coals. In about
> an hour we'd dig it out and peel off the burnt skin. We called it "Chicken
> Viet Nam." It wasn't very good, but neither was the cheap, shitty beer we
> drank by the case back then.

Lol...or maybe call it "napalm chicken"...

--
GM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 1:05:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Good for them?? I hope it can make even a bit of difference))
>
> Do I see they are getting popular?? Fantastic)

The band got their name and probably their inspiration from "Linda Linda Linda", a movie about the trials of school girls putting a band together for a school talent show. In that movie, the girls play music by an 80's Japanese punk band called "The Blue Hearts." In 2021, you have an American band directly influenced by a mid-eighties Japanese punk band. That's kind of a strange thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQyHTFzero

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 13:11:08 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:04:30 -0400, Alex > wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> But in GM's case, it means that he has been sticking his fingers up
>>> his ass again, pretending that he has a partner.
>>>

>>Is that a fact or some twisted fantasy you have?

>It's a fact.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:04:30 -0400, Alex > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:57:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> Your obsession with the cleanliness of a guy's fingernails means you're gayer than your aunt Sally Ann's party dress. I like people with dirty fingernails. It means they're doing something useful or creative instead of sucking on them all the time.

>> But in GM's case, it means that he has been sticking his fingers up
>> his ass again, pretending that he has a partner.
>>

>Is that a fact or some twisted fantasy you have?

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:04:30 -0400, Alex > wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> But in GM's case, it means that he has been sticking his fingers up
>>> his ass again, pretending that he has a partner.
>>>

>>Is that a fact or some twisted fantasy you have?

>It's a fact.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:04:55 +0100, Ophelia >
wrote:

>On 05/06/2021 18:45, dsi1 wrote:

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ6CbZrrv88
>>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> That was then, this is now.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEsdFXjkwtk

>====
>
> Good for them?? I hope it can make even a bit of difference))
>
> Do I see they are getting popular?? Fantastic)

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:07:39 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:45:45 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

>> There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.
>>

>When I was in my early 20s, between girlfriends, me and a buddy used to
>camp illegally in a state conservation area. We'd make a fire, then dig out
>some of the coals and put a chicken in, then re-cover it with coals. In about
>an hour we'd dig it out and peel off the burnt skin. We called it "Chicken
>Viet Nam." It wasn't very good, but neither was the cheap, shitty beer we
>drank by the case back then.

Not much has changed. You still buy factory chicken from ALDI.

--
Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 10:37:22 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 1:05:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Good for them?? I hope it can make even a bit of difference))
>>
>> Do I see they are getting popular?? Fantastic)

>The band got their name and probably their inspiration from "Linda Linda Linda", a movie about the trials of school girls putting a band together for a school talent show. In that movie, the girls play music by an 80's Japanese punk band called "The Blue Hearts." In 2021, you have an American band directly influenced by a mid-eighties Japanese punk band. That's kind of a strange thing.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQyHTFzero

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:44:51 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 10:07:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:

>> > There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.
>> >

>> When I was in my early 20s, between girlfriends, me and a buddy used to
>> camp illegally in a state conservation area. We'd make a fire, then dig out
>> some of the coals and put a chicken in, then re-cover it with coals. In about
>> an hour we'd dig it out and peel off the burnt skin. We called it "Chicken
>> Viet Nam." It wasn't very good, but neither was the cheap, shitty beer we
>> drank by the case back then.

>Lol...or maybe call it "napalm chicken"...

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 05:23:03 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:07:39 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:45:45 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.
>>>

>>When I was in my early 20s, between girlfriends, me and a buddy used to
>>camp illegally in a state conservation area. We'd make a fire, then dig out
>>some of the coals and put a chicken in, then re-cover it with coals. In about
>>an hour we'd dig it out and peel off the burnt skin. We called it "Chicken
>>Viet Nam." It wasn't very good, but neither was the cheap, shitty beer we
>>drank by the case back then.

>Not much has changed. You still buy factory chicken from ALDI.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:07:39 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:45:45 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

>> > Dusting food with cornstarch and then frying it at high heat is a very traditional Chinese way of cooking. My favorite chicken wing is at the Vietnamese joint down the street. When I walk into the place, the guy would point to me and say "Chicken wing!" His chicken wings are so small, makes me wonder where he's getting them. If I was him, I'd offer a new dish - parking lot chicken!
>> > The Chinese restaurant down the street makes some pretty awesome wings too. They are regular sized.
>> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/CzdkDMkbKVxv1dcv7

>> There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.
>>

>When I was in my early 20s, between girlfriends, me and a buddy used to
>camp illegally in a state conservation area. We'd make a fire, then dig out
>some of the coals and put a chicken in, then re-cover it with coals. In about
>an hour we'd dig it out and peel off the burnt skin. We called it "Chicken
>Viet Nam." It wasn't very good, but neither was the cheap, shitty beer we
>drank by the case back then.
>>

>--Bryan

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:45:42 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:09:45 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>> > Ah to be young and buffet invincible again, eh?
>> > >
>> > Not cheap, but also high quality.
>> >
>> > I like that cornstarch dusted and deep fried lobsta!
>> >
>> > Don't know if you saw this, but Red Lobsta just went all in on Kung Pao:
>> >
>> > https://menuandprice.com/wp-content/...th-Lobster.jpg
>> >
>> > ...some slight resemblance their to your plate...have not tried this yet
>> > but soon will...
>> >
>> > https://www.redlobster.com/menu/past...crispy-lobster
>> >
>> > Hand-battered, fried lobster tail with noodles tossed in a sweet and
>> > spicy soy-ginger sauce with edamame, cabbage, crispy onions, cashews and
>> > green onions.

>> Dusting food with cornstarch and then frying it at high heat is a very traditional Chinese way of cooking. My favorite chicken wing is at the Vietnamese joint down the street. When I walk into the place, the guy would point to me and say "Chicken wing!" His chicken wings are so small, makes me wonder where he's getting them. If I was him, I'd offer a new dish - parking lot chicken!
>> The Chinese restaurant down the street makes some pretty awesome wings too. They are regular sized.
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/CzdkDMkbKVxv1dcv7

>There's a thought. I might try out a Vietnamese place for chicken wings. I know they're good for pho soup and those sandwiches with the shredded carrots in them.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/06/2021 18:37, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 1:05:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Good for them?? I hope it can make even a bit of difference))
>>
>> Do I see they are getting popular?? Fantastic)

> The band got their name and probably their inspiration from "Linda Linda Linda", a movie about the trials of school girls putting a band together for a school talent show. In that movie, the girls play music by an 80's Japanese punk band called "The Blue Hearts." In 2021, you have an American band directly influenced by a mid-eighties Japanese punk band. That's kind of a strange thing.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQyHTFzero

===

I love them )))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 21:34:04 +0100, Ophelia >
wrote:

>On 06/06/2021 18:37, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 1:05:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> Good for them?? I hope it can make even a bit of difference))
>>>
>>> Do I see they are getting popular?? Fantastic)

>> The band got their name and probably their inspiration from "Linda Linda Linda", a movie about the trials of school girls putting a band together for a school talent show. In that movie, the girls play music by an 80's Japanese punk band called "The Blue Hearts." In 2021, you have an American band directly influenced by a mid-eighties Japanese punk band. That's kind of a strange thing.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQyHTFzero

>===
>
> I love them )))

Not Dave Smith