Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who's been bullied the f**k out of here?

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:55:51 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy >
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 02:08:08 -0700, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> Let's ask a slightly different question: Why is it the custom to not
>> speak ill of the dead?
>>
>> Two possibilities immediately come to mind:
>>
>> 1. Superstition 2. A desire not to be spoken ill of oneself, when one
>> is dead.

>Respect? Somehow it does not feel right. Sort of like hitting someone
>when they are already down. The dead person has no way of correcting you
>if you say something lacking judgement or veracity, so to be 'impartial'
>it behooves one to apply the deceased person's presumed point of view to
>interpersonal transactions.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 2:25 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:44:46 -0400, % > wrote:
>
>> On 6/2/2021 1:33 PM, GM wrote:
>>> Now we're left with the likes of Poi Boi aka "The Shifty Hawaiian", a sign that Usenet has truly degraded, he has a huge "KICK ME" sign plastered on his ass, and yet whines like a spoiled little girl when anyone kicks him...lol...
>>>

>> We still have the barnyard Mr Big -
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/BbBLI
>>
>> and Popeye -
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/mostacho/1528133558/
>>
>> LOL!

> albasani.net

???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:33:31 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Truth be known The Mick gave as good as he got, often he gave
>> better... he truly enjoyed the banter... and he was wise enough to
>> know that no one made him lose his legs and his life. No one lacked
>> the nerve to give him what-for because in most arguments they
>> knew they'd lose. I still miss him.

>Yup, agreed, blake "no legs" murphy knew how to score points in a discussion. As someone who liked to "bait" him, he was a "worthy opponent", smart and never boring...
>
>And he didn't crybaby either, ISTR someone here called him "Murph the Surf", mocking him that since he had no legs and so couldn't surf...he handled that with a sense of humor and aplomb...thus I respected the guy. If in real life he had ever needed anything, I would not hesitate to assist If I could have...
>
>Now we're left with the likes of Poi Boi aka "The Shifty Hawaiian", a sign that Usenet has truly degraded, he has a huge "KICK ME" sign plastered on his ass, and yet whines like a spoiled little girl when anyone kicks him...lol...

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 08:24:20 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 01:35:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> So respect and manners die with the corpse in question? How convenient!

>>Respect and manners are for the living. It's not like I'd go to someone's
>>funeral and talk smack about them to their relatives.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>more like you didn't have the nerve to speak ill of them to their face
>when they were alive. That's the number one reason.
>Janet US

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 01:35:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:41:26 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>> > If he's dead, what difference does it make? It's not as if he can read it.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> So respect and manners die with the corpse in question? How convenient!

>Respect and manners are for the living. It's not like I'd go to someone's
>funeral and talk smack about them to their relatives.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 12:26:21 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:07:31 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:

>>>more like you didn't have the nerve to speak ill of them to their face
>>>when they were alive. That's the number one reason.
>>>Janet US

>>Truth be known The Mick gave as good as he got, often he gave
>>better... he truly enjoyed the banter... and he was wise enough to
>>know that no one made him lose his legs and his life. No one lacked
>>the nerve to give him what-for because in most arguments they
>>knew they'd lose. I still miss him.

>Is that what you tell yourself? What did you expect him to do? If he
>wanted to stay in the group he had to accept all the crap that was
>handed to him. You're so precious. No one wants to be targeted that
>way. Thy would rather be treated as though they were no different
>than anyone else.
>Janet US

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2021US Janet wrote:

>>>Respect and manners are for the living. It's not like I'd go to someone's
>>>funeral and talk smack about them to their relatives.
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>more like you didn't have the nerve to speak ill of them to their face
>>when they were alive. That's the number one reason.
>>Janet US

>Truth be known The Mick gave as good as he got, often he gave
>better... he truly enjoyed the banter... and he was wise enough to
>know that no one made him lose his legs and his life. No one lacked
>the nerve to give him what-for because in most arguments they
>knew they'd lose. I still miss him.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 2:26 PM, US Janet wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:07:31 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:

>>> more like you didn't have the nerve to speak ill of them to their face
>>> when they were alive. That's the number one reason.
>>> Janet US

>> Truth be known The Mick gave as good as he got, often he gave
>> better... he truly enjoyed the banter... and he was wise enough to
>> know that no one made him lose his legs and his life. No one lacked
>> the nerve to give him what-for because in most arguments they
>> knew they'd lose. I still miss him.

> Is that what you tell yourself? What did you expect him to do? If he
> wanted to stay in the group he had to accept all the crap that was
> handed to him. You're so precious. No one wants to be targeted that
> way. Thy would rather be treated as though they were no different
> than anyone else.
> Janet US

I don't recall Blake being "run off". He likely chose to leave because
he was already very ill by that time. Who started this whole "bullied"
thread, anyway? What's the point of it?!

I don't actually care what anyone says about me now or after I'm dead.
I'm called names all the time, mostly by nymshifting trolls whose posts
I don't see until people reply. No skin off my nose if someone wants to
call me McBiddy (although I do think it's very childish). No problem
being called a "princess" by Gary (also childish), in his attempts to
lump me in with the former resident drama queen.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 4:34 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/2/2021 2:26 PM, US Janet wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:07:31 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>> Truth be known The Mick gave as good as he got, often he gave
>>> better... he truly enjoyed the banter... and he was wise enough to
>>> know that no one made him lose his legs and his life.Â* No one lacked
>>> the nerve to give him what-for because in most arguments they
>>> knew they'd lose.Â* I still miss him.

>> Is that what you tell yourself?Â* What did you expect him to do?Â* If he
>> wanted to stay in the group he had to accept all the crap that was
>> handed to him.Â* You're so precious.Â* No one wants to be targeted that
>> way.Â* Thy would rather be treated as though they were no different
>> than anyone else.
>> Janet US
>>

> I don't recall Blake being "run off".Â* He likely chose to leave because
> he was already very ill by that time.Â* Who started this whole "bullied"
> thread, anyway?Â* What's the point of it?!

1.) Your recollections on this matter are suspect.

2.) "Very ill" and bullied is a really awful combination.

3.) I started the bully thread, thank you very much!

4.) The point? Why to shame the bullies into acting like decent people
who can talk about cooking without being rampant gangstalkers.

> I don't actually care what anyone says about me now or after I'm dead.

You demonstrate that daily, always have.

> I'm called names all the time, mostly by nymshifting trolls whose posts
> I don't see until people reply.

Iow, you get back what you put out - classic karma.

> No skin off my nose if someone wants to
> call me McBiddy (although I do think it's very childish).

As opposed to your numerous insults of Kuthe?

> No problem
> being called a "princess" by Gary (also childish), in his attempts to
> lump me in with the former resident drama queen.
>
> Jill

Iow, several folks have had it up to here with your shrewish insult fests!

Getting the picture yet, dearie?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 June 2021 18:34:27 -0400, jmckuthe >
wrote:

>I don't actually care what anyone says about me now or after I'm dead.
>I'm called names all the time, mostly by nymshifting trolls whose posts
>I don't see until people reply. No skin off my nose if someone wants to
>call me McBiddy (although I do think it's very childish). No problem
>being called a "princess" by Gary (also childish), in his attempts to
>lump me in with the former resident drama queen.

You're no longer Jill McBiddy, you're now Jill McKuthe, since the sole
purpose of your existence seems to be to put down John Kuthe.

The 3 Js: Jill, Joan and Jindy.

--
The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-02 6:34 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/2/2021 2:26 PM, US Janet wrote:

> I don't recall Blake being "run off".Â* He likely chose to leave because
> he was already very ill by that time.Â* Who started this whole "bullied"
> thread, anyway?Â* What's the point of it?!
>
> I don't actually care what anyone says about me now or after I'm dead.
> I'm called names all the time, mostly by nymshifting trolls whose posts
> I don't see until people reply.Â* No skin off my nose if someone wants to
> call me McBiddy (although I do think it's very childish).Â* No problem
> being called a "princess" by Gary (also childish), in his attempts to
> lump me in with the former resident drama queen.

The whole question is kinda dumb. If they had been bullied out of here
they would not be here to answer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 4:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2 June 2021 18:34:27 -0400, jmckuthe >
> wrote:
>
>> I don't actually care what anyone says about me now or after I'm dead.
>> I'm called names all the time, mostly by nymshifting trolls whose posts
>> I don't see until people reply. No skin off my nose if someone wants to
>> call me McBiddy (although I do think it's very childish). No problem
>> being called a "princess" by Gary (also childish), in his attempts to
>> lump me in with the former resident drama queen.

> You're no longer Jill McBiddy, you're now Jill McKuthe, since the sole
> purpose of your existence seems to be to put down John Kuthe.
>
> The 3 Js: Jill, Joan and Jindy.

;-))))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 08:41:52 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 June 2021 18:34:27 -0400, jmckuthe >
>wrote:
>
>>I don't actually care what anyone says about me now or after I'm dead.
>>I'm called names all the time, mostly by nymshifting trolls whose posts
>>I don't see until people reply. No skin off my nose if someone wants to
>>call me McBiddy (although I do think it's very childish). No problem
>>being called a "princess" by Gary (also childish), in his attempts to
>>lump me in with the former resident drama queen.

>You're no longer Jill McBiddy, you're now Jill McKuthe, since the sole
>purpose of your existence seems to be to put down John Kuthe.
>
>The 3 Js: Jill, Joan and Jindy.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 18:34:27 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/2/2021 2:26 PM, US Janet wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:07:31 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>> Truth be known The Mick gave as good as he got, often he gave
>>> better... he truly enjoyed the banter... and he was wise enough to
>>> know that no one made him lose his legs and his life. No one lacked
>>> the nerve to give him what-for because in most arguments they
>>> knew they'd lose. I still miss him.

>> Is that what you tell yourself? What did you expect him to do? If he
>> wanted to stay in the group he had to accept all the crap that was
>> handed to him. You're so precious. No one wants to be targeted that
>> way. Thy would rather be treated as though they were no different
>> than anyone else.
>> Janet US
>>

>I don't recall Blake being "run off". He likely chose to leave because
>he was already very ill by that time. Who started this whole "bullied"
>thread, anyway? What's the point of it?!
>
>I don't actually care what anyone says about me now or after I'm dead.
>I'm called names all the time, mostly by nymshifting trolls whose posts
>I don't see until people reply. No skin off my nose if someone wants to
>call me McBiddy (although I do think it's very childish). No problem
>being called a "princess" by Gary (also childish), in his attempts to
>lump me in with the former resident drama queen.
>
>Jill

The other Dave Smith.