Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Aemoba Pizza

On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:49:19 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-05-31 10:32 a.m., US Janet wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:41:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> A couple stores here carry it. Regularly $4.00/kilo, but always
>>> "on sale" for $2.50 or so. But not always in stock. The Caputo is
>>> always $4, never on sale, and rarely ever in stock.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> thanks. good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
>> the 00 is making it to our shores. I'll look around. maybe it has
>> made it here. I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
>> always fond of walking
>> Janet US
>>

>If you have an Italian store in your area, you are bound to find it
>there. I'm fortunate in that there are 4 Italian supermarkets in Calgary
>where I can buy it.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:32:47 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:41:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 31 May 2021 08:05:19 -0600, US Janet wrote:

>>> Do you have to send away for the 00?

>>A couple stores here carry it. Regularly $4.00/kilo, but always
>>"on sale" for $2.50 or so. But not always in stock. The Caputo is
>>always $4, never on sale, and rarely ever in stock.
>>
>>-sw

>thanks. good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
>the 00 is making it to our shores. I'll look around. maybe it has
>made it here. I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
>always fond of walking
>Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:21:40 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 09:34:48 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>>> I wouldn't have gotten it even without the typo.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>Cindy is very smart and helpful here.

>It looks more like a paramecium.
>Paramecium:
>https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword
>Amoeba:
>https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:05:08 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 Sqwertz wrote:

>>> That looks good. I think I have the same pizza pan. Is it perforated?

>>Yes - holes underneath the pizza space there.
>>
>>-sw

>Those random black spots ain't holes, that's burnt on schmutz from the
>last abortion... those 'shrooms are obviously from a can, and that
>pizza looks practically raw... plus mighty skimpy on the sauce and
>cheese. Looks like one of those Tex Mex paint by numbers creations
>any Gringo with the pesos can buy at Taco Bell.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 08:05:19 -0600, US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 May 2021 20:22:20 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
>>>shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
>>>seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>>>
>>>https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg

>> Do you have to send away for the 00?

>A couple stores here carry it. Regularly $4.00/kilo, but always
>"on sale" for $2.50 or so. But not always in stock. The Caputo is
>always $4, never on sale, and rarely ever in stock.
>
>-sw

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:38:08 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 09:27:40 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> On 5/30/2021 9:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
>>> shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
>>> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
>>>

>> You should learn to choose the correct link to post pic only.

>I did choose the correct link, Bumpkin.
>
>-sw

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:08:15 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/31/2021 9:27 AM, Gary wrote:
>> On 5/30/2021 9:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
>>> shrooms, and red onion.* Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
>>> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> You should learn to choose the correct link to post pic only.
>>

>That's all all see. Are you getting ads? I do run an ad blocker though.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 09:34:48 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 5/31/2021 9:04 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> The pizza is irregularly shaped, like an amoeba, rather than a circle.
>>> A harmless typo in the subject line.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> I wouldn't have gotten it even without the typo.
>>
>> Thanks.

>Cindy is very smart and helpful here.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 08:01:41 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Sun, 30 May 2021 20:22:20 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
>>shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
>>seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
>>
>>-sw

>I like mushroom pizza.
>Janet US

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 06:04:23 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/31/2021 5:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I give up. What does Aemoba mean here?

>> The pizza is irregularly shaped, like an amoeba, rather than a circle.
>> A harmless typo in the subject line.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>I wouldn't have gotten it even without the typo.
>
>Thanks.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 05:28:45 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/30/2021 6:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
>> shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
>> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
>>
>> -sw
>>

>I give up. What does Aemoba mean here?

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 06:41:36 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:32:47 -0600, US Janet >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:41:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
>>wrote:

>>>A couple stores here carry it. Regularly $4.00/kilo, but always
>>>"on sale" for $2.50 or so. But not always in stock. The Caputo is
>>>always $4, never on sale, and rarely ever in stock.
>>>
>>>-sw

>>thanks. good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
>>the 00 is making it to our shores. I'll look around. maybe it has
>>made it here. I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
>>always fond of walking
>>Janet US

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2021 2:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Gary does love to play with the nymshifting trolls.Â* It does not endear
> me to him.Â* Anyone else?
>
> Jill

Oh dear oh dear, you've tired of your other targets and moved back to
Gary...

I bet you're the terror of bingo night there in the fossils home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
> shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
>
> -sw

Cute name for it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 5/30/2021 6:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
> > shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
> > seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
> >
> > -sw
> >

> I give up. What does Aemoba mean here?

Amoeba. Just a typo, we all knew what he meant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-05-31 9:04 a.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
> > On 5/31/2021 5:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > The pizza is irregularly shaped, like an amoeba, rather than a
> > > circle. A harmless typo in the subject line.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > I wouldn't have gotten it even without the typo.
> >

> I am a tad dyslexic so I had no problem seeing it as amoeba, but I
> thought maybe he had made it with swamp water so it might me a little
> hard on the guts.

I suspect he hand pressed the dough that would have made a fairly thin
crust if filling the pan, to make it more of a deep crust. Looks good
to me! My 2 additions would be a bit of green bell peper and some
chopped black olives.

The mushrooms may have been sauteed in butter before adding or
canned/jarred. Personally, this is a texture thing and I prefer canned
for pizza. If they are canned or jarred, they aren't cheap ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 2021 09:34:48 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> sausage, >>>>> shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes,
> Italian >>>>> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.

> circle. >>> A harmless typo in the subject line.

> >> I wouldn't have gotten it even without the typo.
> > >
> >> Thanks.

> > Cindy is very smart and helpful here.

> It looks more like a paramecium.
> Paramecium:

https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword
> Amoeba:

https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword

Nope, Paramecium are generally long and thinner. Amoebas often are
irregular ovals. It it were a lot thicker, it might actually look a
little more rotifer looking (grin).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 5:29 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Taxed and Spent wrote:
>
>> On 5/30/2021 6:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
>>> shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
>>> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> I give up. What does Aemoba mean here?

> Amoeba. Just a typo, we all knew what he meant.

I didn't. I thought it might have been a type for Amoeba, but I still
didn't get the context. Not something I would use to describe a loosely
shaped pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-01 8:35 p.m., cshenk wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:

>> I am a tad dyslexic so I had no problem seeing it as amoeba, but I
>> thought maybe he had made it with swamp water so it might me a little
>> hard on the guts.

> I suspect he hand pressed the dough that would have made a fairly thin
> crust if filling the pan, to make it more of a deep crust. Looks good
> to me! My 2 additions would be a bit of green bell peper and some
> chopped black olives.

Our most common Saturday night supper these days is a vegetarian pizza.
I usually top it with thinly sliced red onion, chopped red and green
bell pepper, a sliced jalapeno, sliced mushrooms. grated mozserella and
some grated Parmesan.

> The mushrooms may have been sauteed in butter before adding or
> canned/jarred. Personally, this is a texture thing and I prefer canned
> for pizza. If they are canned or jarred, they aren't cheap ones.

I slice the mushrooms thin enough that they cook through.It is also
important to chop or slice peppers and onions finely so they will cook
completely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:41:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 31 May 2021 08:05:19 -0600, US Janet wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 30 May 2021 20:22:20 -0500, Sqwertz

> >> Do you have to send away for the 00?

> > A couple stores here carry it. Regularly $4.00/kilo, but always
> > "on sale" for $2.50 or so. But not always in stock. The Caputo is
> > always $4, never on sale, and rarely ever in stock.
> >
> > -sw

> thanks. good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
> the 00 is making it to our shores. I'll look around. maybe it has
> made it here. I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
> always fond of walking
> Janet US

If you have a Whole Foods in reach, they have it most of the time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:41:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> A couple stores here carry it. Regularly $4.00/kilo, but always
>>> "on sale" for $2.50 or so. But not always in stock. The Caputo is
>>> always $4, never on sale, and rarely ever in stock.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> thanks. good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
>> the 00 is making it to our shores. I'll look around. maybe it has
>> made it here. I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
>> always fond of walking
>> Janet US

> If you have a Whole Foods in reach, they have it most of the time.

But you'll need a wheelbarrow to carry the money to pay for it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:25:51 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Cento Anna Tipo 00 flour (water salt, yeast), spicy Italian sausage,
>> shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes, Italian
>> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/wThQRfhW/Aemoba-Pizza.jpg
>>
>> -sw

>Cute name for it!

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:46:26 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:41:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> > A couple stores here carry it. Regularly $4.00/kilo, but always
>> > "on sale" for $2.50 or so. But not always in stock. The Caputo is
>> > always $4, never on sale, and rarely ever in stock.
>> >
>> > -sw

>> thanks. good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
>> the 00 is making it to our shores. I'll look around. maybe it has
>> made it here. I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
>> always fond of walking
>> Janet US

>If you have a Whole Foods in reach, they have it most of the time.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 21:16:07 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>> US Janet wrote:

>>> thanks. good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
>>> the 00 is making it to our shores. I'll look around. maybe it has
>>> made it here. I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
>>> always fond of walking
>>> Janet US

>> If you have a Whole Foods in reach, they have it most of the time.
>>

>But you'll need a wheelbarrow to carry the money to pay for it.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 17:45:55 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 6/1/2021 5:29 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> I give up. What does Aemoba mean here?

>> Amoeba. Just a typo, we all knew what he meant.
>>

>I didn't. I thought it might have been a type for Amoeba, but I still
>didn't get the context. Not something I would use to describe a loosely
>shaped pizza.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:40:00 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:

>> sausage, >>>>> shrooms, and red onion. Red Gold crushed tomatoes,
>> Italian >>>>> seasoning, provolone, whole milk motz, and pecorino.

>> circle. >>> A harmless typo in the subject line.

>> > Cindy is very smart and helpful here.

>> It looks more like a paramecium.
>> Paramecium:
>>

>https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword
>> Amoeba:
>>

>https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword
>
>Nope, Paramecium are generally long and thinner. Amoebas often are
>irregular ovals. It it were a lot thicker, it might actually look a
>little more rotifer looking (grin).

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:35:09 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:

>> > I wouldn't have gotten it even without the typo.
>> >

>> I am a tad dyslexic so I had no problem seeing it as amoeba, but I
>> thought maybe he had made it with swamp water so it might me a little
>> hard on the guts.

>I suspect he hand pressed the dough that would have made a fairly thin
>crust if filling the pan, to make it more of a deep crust. Looks good
>to me! My 2 additions would be a bit of green bell peper and some
>chopped black olives.
>
>The mushrooms may have been sauteed in butter before adding or
>canned/jarred. Personally, this is a texture thing and I prefer canned
>for pizza. If they are canned or jarred, they aren't cheap ones.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> The mushrooms may have been sauteed in butter before adding or
> canned/jarred. Personally, this is a texture thing and I prefer canned
> for pizza. If they are canned or jarred, they aren't cheap ones.

For mushroom pizzas, I alway sautee the mushrooms in butter first. Nice
texture. To slice and add uncooked isn't so good unless you cover them
with cheese.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 8:16 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>> US Janet wrote:

>>> thanks.Â* good to know that since US bakers are getting more clued that
>>> the 00 is making it to our shores.Â* I'll look around. maybe it has
>>> made it here.Â* I'll have to do my checking on the "Net as knee is not
>>> always fond of walking
>>> Janet US

>> If you have a Whole Foods in reach, they have it most of the time.
>>

> But you'll need a wheelbarrow to carry the money to pay for it.

AKA Whole Paycheck!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 6:16 AM, Gary wrote:
> Â*cshenk wrote:
>> The mushrooms may have been sauteed in butter before adding or
>> canned/jarred.Â* Personally, this is a texture thing and I prefer canned
>> for pizza.Â* If they are canned or jarred, they aren't cheap ones.

> For mushroom pizzas, I alway sautee the mushrooms in butter first. Nice
> texture. To slice and add uncooked isn't so good unless you cover them
> with cheese.

Try that with a quick Balsamic vinegar deglazing - delish!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:00:16 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/31/2021 12:21 PM, US Janet wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:53:35 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> > > wrote:

> >> Food from the first foreign nation to go Covid, what could possibly go
> >> wrong there?

> > What the heck do you even talk about?
> >

> I refer to the fact that the CCP sent Covid to Italy first, where they
> have taken over their textile industry and instituted joint policing:

Don't you have a Capital to storm or minority voters to suppress?
Shame on Trump for assigning a smart guy like you to a lowly
Usenet duty station. You are a true comrade of leader Putin.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 5:59 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:00:16 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 5/31/2021 12:21 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:53:35 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard

>>> What the heck do you even talk about?
>>>

>> I refer to the fact that the CCP sent Covid to Italy first, where they
>> have taken over their textile industry and instituted joint policing:
>>

> Don't you have a Capital to storm

Nope, I'm not antifa,

> or minority voters to suppress?

Illegals ought not(by law) vote in our elections.

Photo ID - we're the only major western nation NOT to require it for voting.

> Shame on Trump for assigning a smart guy like you to a lowly
> Usenet duty station. You are a true comrade of leader Putin.
>>

> --Bryan

Do you realize how intellectually stunted and repetitive of the
Demotarded party line you are?

You may know how to cook, but politically you;re a classic useful idiot
and little more.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> > The mushrooms may have been sauteed in butter before adding or
> > canned/jarred. Personally, this is a texture thing and I prefer
> > canned for pizza. If they are canned or jarred, they aren't cheap
> > ones.

> For mushroom pizzas, I alway sautee the mushrooms in butter first.
> Nice texture. To slice and add uncooked isn't so good unless you
> cover them with cheese.

Same here but prone to canned or jarred with a quick frozen one if not
making a whole scratch one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 19:19:02 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> cshenk wrote:
>> > The mushrooms may have been sauteed in butter before adding or
>> > canned/jarred. Personally, this is a texture thing and I prefer
>> > canned for pizza. If they are canned or jarred, they aren't cheap
>> > ones.

>> For mushroom pizzas, I alway sautee the mushrooms in butter first.
>> Nice texture. To slice and add uncooked isn't so good unless you
>> cover them with cheese.

>Same here but prone to canned or jarred with a quick frozen one if not
>making a whole scratch one.

Not Dave Smith.