Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default More Old Folks - Head Cheese

Old Folks Head Cheese

https://i.postimg.cc/7ZFHBmJB/Head-Cheese.jpg

We have a lot of senior nursing homes around here. It's good to see
all those Old Folks aren't going to waste.

This should also serve as Pussy Katz's notice that this is where all
the "mystery meat" goes, and not into their sausage. So you should
apologize to all the Old Folks and to us for that bullshit.

I'll post a sandwich of it later.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 2:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Old Folks Head Cheese
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZFHBmJB/Head-Cheese.jpg
>
> We have a lot of senior nursing homes around here. It's good to see
> all those Old Folks aren't going to waste.
>
> This should also serve as Pussy Katz's notice that this is where all
> the "mystery meat" goes, and not into their sausage. So you should
> apologize to all the Old Folks and to us for that bullshit.
>
> I'll post a sandwich of it later.
>
> -sw

Your going to make a sammich out of your own brains?!?!?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 15:11:07 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Old Folks Head Cheese
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/7ZFHBmJB/Head-Cheese.jpg
>
>We have a lot of senior nursing homes around here. It's good to see
>all those Old Folks aren't going to waste.
>
>This should also serve as Pussy Katz's notice that this is where all
>the "mystery meat" goes, and not into their sausage. So you should
>apologize to all the Old Folks and to us for that bullshit.
>
>I'll post a sandwich of it later.
>
>-sw

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 1:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Old Folks Head Cheese
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZFHBmJB/Head-Cheese.jpg
>
> We have a lot of senior nursing homes around here. It's good to see
> all those Old Folks aren't going to waste.
>
> This should also serve as Pussy Katz's notice that this is where all
> the "mystery meat" goes, and not into their sausage. So you should
> apologize to all the Old Folks and to us for that bullshit.
>
> I'll post a sandwich of it later.
>
> -sw

That reminds me - I need to buy more Baby Oil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 05:21:13 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/30/2021 1:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Old Folks Head Cheese
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/7ZFHBmJB/Head-Cheese.jpg
>>
>> We have a lot of senior nursing homes around here. It's good to see
>> all those Old Folks aren't going to waste.
>>
>> This should also serve as Pussy Katz's notice that this is where all
>> the "mystery meat" goes, and not into their sausage. So you should
>> apologize to all the Old Folks and to us for that bullshit.
>>
>> I'll post a sandwich of it later.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>That reminds me - I need to buy more Baby Oil.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 1:30 PM, spammy's new mental illness wrote:

> Your going to make a sammich out of your own brains?!?!?

You don't have enough brains to make so much as the glue on a
postage stamp, spammy. **** off out of here permanently. Eat shit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:55:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
> >
> >Around here it's known as souse whether it's prepared with vinegar
> >or not.
> >

> I'm not familiar with that kind. (Steve's kind) Most often we would
> have a souse
> looked like this https://tinyurl.com/6kff9apj

Your picture is EXACTLY like what is sold in stores around here.

> Loved that stuff. It isn't carried out here. We get Oscar Mayer
> bologna and salami. Pfttt!
> Janet US

Well phooey. You reckon nobody there ever heard of souse besides
you??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 20:15:51 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:55:40 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >Around here it's known as souse whether it's prepared with vinegar
>> >or not.
>> >

>> I'm not familiar with that kind. (Steve's kind) Most often we would
>> have a souse
>> looked like this https://tinyurl.com/6kff9apj
>>

>Your picture is EXACTLY like what is sold in stores around here.
>>
>> Loved that stuff. It isn't carried out here. We get Oscar Mayer
>> bologna and salami. Pfttt!
>> Janet US
>>

>Well phooey. You reckon nobody there ever heard of souse besides
>you??

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 20:15:51 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:55:40 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >Around here it's known as souse whether it's prepared with vinegar
>> >or not.
>> >

>> I'm not familiar with that kind. (Steve's kind) Most often we would
>> have a souse
>> looked like this https://tinyurl.com/6kff9apj
>>

>Your picture is EXACTLY like what is sold in stores around here.
>>
>> Loved that stuff. It isn't carried out here. We get Oscar Mayer
>> bologna and salami. Pfttt!
>> Janet US
>>

>Well phooey. You reckon nobody there ever heard of souse besides
>you??

Easy to find here, several German and Italian butcher shops/delis in
the NY Alps (Catskills).

For me a favorite cold cut is Boar's Head headcheese on seeded rye
with Guldens spicy brown.
https://boarshead.com/products/detai...-cheese-square
Contrary to the Dwarf most supermarkets here (small & large) sell
Boar's Head products... they can't afford not to, too many Noo Yorkers
live here... I grew up within a five minute walk from the Boar's Head
plant in Brooklyn... I could see the Bonomo's Turkish Taffy factory
from my bedroom window, a block away on McDonald's Avenue, on a summer
night the air reeked of vanilla.

Tops Market in town sells a full array of Boar's head products, about
once a week I treat myself to a Boar's Head pepperoni and eat the
entire stick for lunch. I think the heat of a pizza oven ruins
pepperoni. I have pepperoni at room temperature. Sometimes I'll buy
Boar's Head slicing pepperoni, it's more than twice the diameter of
regular sticks, excellent for a Hero Sammich.
For me the best pizza topping is anchovy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 09:32:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 20:15:51 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:55:40 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> I'm not familiar with that kind. (Steve's kind) Most often we would
>>> have a souse
>>> looked like this https://tinyurl.com/6kff9apj
>>>

>>Your picture is EXACTLY like what is sold in stores around here.
>>>
>>> Loved that stuff. It isn't carried out here. We get Oscar Mayer
>>> bologna and salami. Pfttt!
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>Well phooey. You reckon nobody there ever heard of souse besides
>>you??

>Easy to find here, several German and Italian butcher shops/delis in
>the NY Alps (Catskills).
>
>For me a favorite cold cut is Boar's Head headcheese on seeded rye
>with Guldens spicy brown.
>https://boarshead.com/products/detai...-cheese-square
>Contrary to the Dwarf most supermarkets here (small & large) sell
>Boar's Head products... they can't afford not to, too many Noo Yorkers
>live here... I grew up within a five minute walk from the Boar's Head
>plant in Brooklyn... I could see the Bonomo's Turkish Taffy factory
>from my bedroom window, a block away on McDonald's Avenue, on a summer
>night the air reeked of vanilla.
>
>Tops Market in town sells a full array of Boar's head products, about
>once a week I treat myself to a Boar's Head pepperoni and eat the
>entire stick for lunch. I think the heat of a pizza oven ruins
>pepperoni. I have pepperoni at room temperature. Sometimes I'll buy
>Boar's Head slicing pepperoni, it's more than twice the diameter of
>regular sticks, excellent for a Hero Sammich.
>For me the best pizza topping is anchovy.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 6:32 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2021 20:15:51 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:55:40 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> I'm not familiar with that kind. (Steve's kind) Most often we would
>>> have a souse
>>> looked like this https://tinyurl.com/6kff9apj
>>>

>> Your picture is EXACTLY like what is sold in stores around here.
>>>
>>> Loved that stuff. It isn't carried out here. We get Oscar Mayer
>>> bologna and salami. Pfttt!
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Well phooey. You reckon nobody there ever heard of souse besides
>> you??

> Easy to find here, several German and Italian butcher shops/delis in
> the NY Alps (Catskills).
>
> For me a favorite cold cut is Boar's Head headcheese on seeded rye
> with Guldens spicy brown.
> https://boarshead.com/products/detai...-cheese-square
> Contrary to the Dwarf most supermarkets here (small & large) sell
> Boar's Head products...

Contrary to YOU, Steve said this:

"Stop the bullshiting already. AGAIN. Boar's Head *specifically*
doesn't market to club stores. You won't find any Boars Head at
BJ's, nor Costco or Sam's Club (nor Walmart, if that was the next
lie)"

I guess the bullshitting didn't stop, already.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 07:16:05 -0700, Taxed and Spent