Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All natural ingredients

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 07:02:33 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:35:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
>>> --
>>> The other Dave Smith.

>>I ain't that sophisticated. I count coffee as water. Maybe I should be drinking Gatorade. Hee hee.

>Alcohol is also mainly water, yet...

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 06:32:22 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I thought coffee dehydrates.

>><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>>Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

>But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 06:20:50 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:13:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:

>>> No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
>>> passed herself off as me.
>>> OTOH, I don't recall ever drinking 2 L
>>> >
>>> What about other fluids? My 2L a day regimen includes, water, tea,
>>> coffee, milk, juice, soups.... all fluids.

>>I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

>I thought coffee dehydrates.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I thought coffee dehydrates.

><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 5:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> <https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>>> Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

>> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
>> --
>> The other Dave Smith.

> I've downed a half cup of coffee. Which, depending on how you're counting, means I've had 5 or -5 oz of water.

Dsi1.... as far as your dentist saying drink more water... it's dry
mouth that can promote cavities. Rather than worry about drinking more,
just rinse your mouth more often to swish away the bacteria and spit it out.

A rinse with a bit of salted water will help even more. Bacteria doesn't
like salt water. Ask your dentist. I'll bet he/she will agree.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 12:11 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> If I had the choice, I wouldn't drink a teaspoon of Starbucks. When my
> husband stops there for coffee, I usually get one of those dreadful UHT
> milks.

You said recently that you never went to a 7-11 store. If you sometimes
want a take out coffee, try them. Much better (and cheaper) than Starbucks.

I've have both.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:32:43 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:20:55 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:13:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> > wrote:

> > >I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

> > I thought coffee dehydrates.
> > --
> > The other Dave Smith.

> You're probably right about that. Back in the day, I used to have about 3 cups at work. That gave me heart palpitations. These days, I'll drink 5 to 10 oz a day.

A few people I know do that. No coffee on weekends or holidays.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-02 10:21 a.m., bruce bowser wrote:

>>> I thought coffee dehydrates.
>>> --
>>> The other Dave Smith.

>> You're probably right about that. Back in the day, I used to have about 3 cups at work. That gave me heart palpitations. These days, I'll drink 5 to 10 oz a day.

> A few people I know do that. No coffee on weekends or holidays.

The guys I worked with used to drink a lot of coffee. It was a little
troublesome when we worked night shifts because they it to keep
themselves awake on midnight shifts. They loaded themselves with so much
caffeine that they could not sleep when they went home. One guy had an
inconsiderate wife and teen aged stepchild could not keep quiet during
the say while he was trying to sleep. By the end of the week the poor
guy was burned right out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-02 8:33 a.m., heyjoe wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> Much better (and cheaper) than Starbucks

> Is there any coffee more expensive than Starbuck's?

Yes! Just about all independant and small-chain coffee shops are more
expensive IME!!
Of course, places like McDo are cheaper.

> IMO. most take out coffee tastes burnt. Add milk, sugar, CDB, etc. and
> it might taste okay.

It all depends on the roast! S/bux offers light, medium and high roasts.
If you order the high roast, what do you expect?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 2:19:40 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> On 6/1/2021 5:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
> >> --
> >> The other Dave Smith.

> > I've downed a half cup of coffee. Which, depending on how you're counting, means I've had 5 or -5 oz of water.
> >

> Dsi1.... as far as your dentist saying drink more water... it's dry
> mouth that can promote cavities. Rather than worry about drinking more,
> just rinse your mouth more often to swish away the bacteria and spit it out.
>
> A rinse with a bit of salted water will help even more. Bacteria doesn't
> like salt water. Ask your dentist. I'll bet he/she will agree.

I think you're right. Ideally, I should get up in the middle of the night and rinse my mouth out. I like to rinse my mouth out with 50-50 solution of mouthwash and hydrogen peroxide. My dentist was surprised to see that my gums were in pretty good shape.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2021 8:33 AM, heyjoe wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> Much better (and cheaper) than Starbucks

> Is there any coffee more expensive than Starbuck's?

Lol, Tully's?

https://www.businessinsider.nl/micha...onal=true&r=US

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...suing-partner/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:26:53 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-02 10:21 a.m., bruce bowser wrote:

>>> You're probably right about that. Back in the day, I used to have about 3 cups at work. That gave me heart palpitations. These days, I'll drink 5 to 10 oz a day.

>> A few people I know do that. No coffee on weekends or holidays.
>>

>The guys I worked with used to drink a lot of coffee. It was a little
>troublesome when we worked night shifts because they it to keep
>themselves awake on midnight shifts. They loaded themselves with so much
>caffeine that they could not sleep when they went home. One guy had an
>inconsiderate wife and teen aged stepchild could not keep quiet during
>the say while he was trying to sleep. By the end of the week the poor
>guy was burned right out.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 14:33:00 -0000 (UTC), heyjoe
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> Much better (and cheaper) than Starbucks

>Is there any coffee more expensive than Starbuck's?
>
>IMO. most take out coffee tastes burnt. Add milk, sugar, CDB, etc. and
>it might taste okay.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking