Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All natural ingredients

On 5/31/2021 3:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2021 14:12:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

>>> YOU drank a lot of soft drinks. Ok.

>>> Ah, the generalisation. Of course.

>> I could tell you that what you say about Canadians and the Canadian way of life were mostly generalizations and therefor not valid. Unfortunately, I not arrogant nor racist enough.
>>

> I don't know anything about Canada or Canadians. The only time they
> made the international news was about baby seals.

And the nuke satellite crash...

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/19...canadian-north

On Jan. 24, 1978, Norad tracks a fireball streaking across the skies
over the Northwest Territories. Cosmos 954, a Soviet satellite, crashes
near _Great Slave Lake_, scattering radioactive waste across a 124,000
square kilometre swath of the Northwest Territories, Alberta and
Saskatchewan

Huh, that lake be racist!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-31 5:12 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 9:17:56 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:01:32 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

>>> Back in the day, I'd drink a lot of soft drinks.

>> YOU drank a lot of soft drinks. Ok.
>>> The Hawaiians love soft drinks.

>> Ah, the generalisation. Of course.

> I could tell you that what you say about Canadians and the Canadian
> way of life were mostly generalizations and therefor not valid.
> Unfortunately, I not arrogant nor racist enough.

Why would you bother? You are talking to the idiot Dutch girl who is
infatuated with me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:16:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> YOU drank a lot of soft drinks. Ok.
>>> Ah, the generalisation. Of course.

>> I could tell you that what you say about Canadians and the Canadian
>> way of life were mostly generalizations and therefor not valid.
>> Unfortunately, I not arrogant nor racist enough.
>>

>Why would you bother? You are talking to the idiot Dutch girl who is
>infatuated with me.

There's a Dutch girl here? Cool! I can speak my native tongue with
her.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 08:27:43 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:16:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> I could tell you that what you say about Canadians and the Canadian
>>> way of life were mostly generalizations and therefor not valid.
>>> Unfortunately, I not arrogant nor racist enough.
>>>

>>Why would you bother? You are talking to the idiot Dutch girl who is
>>infatuated with me.

>There's a Dutch girl here? Cool! I can speak my native tongue with
>her.

Hey. If only you knew what's coming your way. It's going to be good.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:16:22 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-31 5:12 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 9:17:56 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> On Mon, 31 May 2021 12:01:32 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> YOU drank a lot of soft drinks. Ok.
> >> Ah, the generalisation. Of course.

> > I could tell you that what you say about Canadians and the Canadian
> > way of life were mostly generalizations and therefor not valid.
> > Unfortunately, I not arrogant nor racist enough.
> >

> Why would you bother? You are talking to the idiot Dutch girl who is
> infatuated with me.

My apologies to you then. I'm flying blind here and all you white guys look the same to me.
OTOH, I don't recall ever drinking 2 L of water. That seems like an excessive amount. I've had around 13 oz of water today - 2 oz was with my medication. I could go for the next 6 hours without any water. I must be transforming into a camel - although I don't have any humps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:50:14 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:28:10 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I drink less than 2 cups of water a day. That's an adequate level for me. 3.7 L of water might just kill me.

> > If 2 cups were adequate, your dentist wouldn't recommend you drink more.
> >
> > Increase slowly until you're consuming the recommended amount.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> How much water do you drink a day? I used to drink a lot more water but it was nowhere near 4 L. That's kind of nuts. I'm just not a thirsty guy anymore.

My total intake from beverages and food is about 2.5 liters, which is a little
less than the recommended 2.7 l for women.

I've already had more than a liter of coffee and it's 5:03 am.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:04:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:50:14 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>> How much water do you drink a day? I used to drink a lot more water but it was nowhere near 4 L. That's kind of nuts. I'm just not a thirsty guy anymore.

>My total intake from beverages and food is about 2.5 liters, which is a little
>less than the recommended 2.7 l for women.
>
>I've already had more than a liter of coffee and it's 5:03 am.

We've talked about this before, but isn't a litre of coffee very much?
Unless it's what Americans used to call coffee in the past, but is
really more like strong tea. If I'd drink a litre of coffee -and I
don't mean espresso- in one session I'd be hopping around with the
kangaroos.

Is it weak coffee or do you have a very big tolerance for coffee?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:19:06 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:04:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:50:14 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> >> How much water do you drink a day? I used to drink a lot more water but it was nowhere near 4 L. That's kind of nuts. I'm just not a thirsty guy anymore.

> >My total intake from beverages and food is about 2.5 liters, which is a little
> >less than the recommended 2.7 l for women.
> >
> >I've already had more than a liter of coffee and it's 5:03 am.

> We've talked about this before, but isn't a litre of coffee very much?
> Unless it's what Americans used to call coffee in the past, but is
> really more like strong tea. If I'd drink a litre of coffee -and I
> don't mean espresso- in one session I'd be hopping around with the
> kangaroos.
>
> Is it weak coffee or do you have a very big tolerance for coffee?

How on earth could I know what you consider "weak"? Next time your
in my area, I'll make you a cup of coffee and you can decide for yourself.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:49:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:19:06 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:04:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >My total intake from beverages and food is about 2.5 liters, which is a little
>> >less than the recommended 2.7 l for women.
>> >
>> >I've already had more than a liter of coffee and it's 5:03 am.

>> We've talked about this before, but isn't a litre of coffee very much?
>> Unless it's what Americans used to call coffee in the past, but is
>> really more like strong tea. If I'd drink a litre of coffee -and I
>> don't mean espresso- in one session I'd be hopping around with the
>> kangaroos.
>>
>> Is it weak coffee or do you have a very big tolerance for coffee?
>>

>How on earth could I know what you consider "weak"? Next time your
>in my area, I'll make you a cup of coffee and you can decide for yourself.

Yes, we need a benchmark. Don't you have Greek or Italian coffee shops
there? Have you ever tried their coffee?

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 6:10:20 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:49:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:19:06 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:04:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> We've talked about this before, but isn't a litre of coffee very much?
> >> Unless it's what Americans used to call coffee in the past, but is
> >> really more like strong tea. If I'd drink a litre of coffee -and I
> >> don't mean espresso- in one session I'd be hopping around with the
> >> kangaroos.
> >>
> >> Is it weak coffee or do you have a very big tolerance for coffee?
> >>

> >How on earth could I know what you consider "weak"? Next time your
> >in my area, I'll make you a cup of coffee and you can decide for yourself.

> Yes, we need a benchmark. Don't you have Greek or Italian coffee shops
> there? Have you ever tried their coffee?

No, we have Starbucks and its imitators. Outside of the big coastal cities,
there was not much market for coffee shops until Starbucks came along.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-31 11:48 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:16:22 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> Why would you bother? You are talking to the idiot Dutch girl who
>> is infatuated with me.

> My apologies to you then. I'm flying blind here and all you white
> guys look the same to me.

No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
passed herself off as me.

OTOH, I don't recall ever drinking 2 L
> of water. That seems like an excessive amount. I've had around 13 oz
> of water today - 2 oz was with my medication. I could go for the next
> 6 hours without any water. I must be transforming into a camel -
> although I don't have any humps.

What about other fluids? My 2L a day regimen includes, water, tea,
coffee, milk, juice, soups.... all fluids.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 04:28:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 6:10:20 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

>> >How on earth could I know what you consider "weak"? Next time your
>> >in my area, I'll make you a cup of coffee and you can decide for yourself.

>> Yes, we need a benchmark. Don't you have Greek or Italian coffee shops
>> there? Have you ever tried their coffee?

>No, we have Starbucks and its imitators. Outside of the big coastal cities,
>there was not much market for coffee shops until Starbucks came along.

Could you drink a litre of Starbucks regular black coffee in one
session? Or maybe you add a lot of milk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 07:38:55 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-31 11:48 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:16:22 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Why would you bother? You are talking to the idiot Dutch girl who
>>> is infatuated with me.

>> My apologies to you then. I'm flying blind here and all you white
>> guys look the same to me.

>No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
>passed herself off as me.

Wut? I don't even know whatchou on about.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 21:47:30 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 07:38:55 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> My apologies to you then. I'm flying blind here and all you white
>>> guys look the same to me.

>>No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
>>passed herself off as me.

>Wut? I don't even know whatchou on about.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 20:10:14 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:49:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:19:06 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:04:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> We've talked about this before, but isn't a litre of coffee very much?
>>> Unless it's what Americans used to call coffee in the past, but is
>>> really more like strong tea. If I'd drink a litre of coffee -and I
>>> don't mean espresso- in one session I'd be hopping around with the
>>> kangaroos.
>>>
>>> Is it weak coffee or do you have a very big tolerance for coffee?
>>>

>>How on earth could I know what you consider "weak"? Next time your
>>in my area, I'll make you a cup of coffee and you can decide for yourself.

>Yes, we need a benchmark. Don't you have Greek or Italian coffee shops
>there? Have you ever tried their coffee?

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:18:59 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:04:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:50:14 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>>> How much water do you drink a day? I used to drink a lot more water but it was nowhere near 4 L. That's kind of nuts. I'm just not a thirsty guy anymore.

>>My total intake from beverages and food is about 2.5 liters, which is a little
>>less than the recommended 2.7 l for women.
>>
>>I've already had more than a liter of coffee and it's 5:03 am.

>We've talked about this before, but isn't a litre of coffee very much?
>Unless it's what Americans used to call coffee in the past, but is
>really more like strong tea. If I'd drink a litre of coffee -and I
>don't mean espresso- in one session I'd be hopping around with the
>kangaroos.
>
>Is it weak coffee or do you have a very big tolerance for coffee?

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:46:21 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 04:28:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 6:10:20 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 02:49:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> Yes, we need a benchmark. Don't you have Greek or Italian coffee shops
> >> there? Have you ever tried their coffee?

> >No, we have Starbucks and its imitators. Outside of the big coastal cities,
> >there was not much market for coffee shops until Starbucks came along.

> Could you drink a litre of Starbucks regular black coffee in one
> session? Or maybe you add a lot of milk.

If I had the choice, I wouldn't drink a teaspoon of Starbucks. When my
husband stops there for coffee, I usually get one of those dreadful UHT
milks.

And, yes, I do add milk to my coffee. What's "a lot"?

Bottom line: I don't see why it matters whether I drink my coffee black
as tar or pale as snow. I drink it the way I like it, and you are welcome
to drink yours the way you like it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2021 10:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I drink it the way I like it, and you are welcome
> to drink yours the way you like it.

+1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:11:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:46:21 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 04:28:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >No, we have Starbucks and its imitators. Outside of the big coastal cities,
>> >there was not much market for coffee shops until Starbucks came along.

>> Could you drink a litre of Starbucks regular black coffee in one
>> session? Or maybe you add a lot of milk.

>If I had the choice, I wouldn't drink a teaspoon of Starbucks. When my
>husband stops there for coffee, I usually get one of those dreadful UHT
>milks.
>
>And, yes, I do add milk to my coffee. What's "a lot"?
>
>Bottom line: I don't see why it matters whether I drink my coffee black
>as tar or pale as snow. I drink it the way I like it, and you are welcome
>to drink yours the way you like it.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:11:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:46:21 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 04:28:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >No, we have Starbucks and its imitators. Outside of the big coastal cities,
>> >there was not much market for coffee shops until Starbucks came along.

>> Could you drink a litre of Starbucks regular black coffee in one
>> session? Or maybe you add a lot of milk.

>If I had the choice, I wouldn't drink a teaspoon of Starbucks. When my
>husband stops there for coffee, I usually get one of those dreadful UHT
>milks.
>
>And, yes, I do add milk to my coffee. What's "a lot"?
>
>Bottom line: I don't see why it matters whether I drink my coffee black
>as tar or pale as snow. I drink it the way I like it, and you are welcome
>to drink yours the way you like it.

Of course. I was just showing an interest in my fellow man. But maybe
I should start bitching at John about how he mows the lawn.

--
The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 10:19:12 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 6/1/2021 10:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> I drink it the way I like it, and you are welcome
>> to drink yours the way you like it.

>+1

A breakthrough statement indeed.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 1:38:59 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-31 11:48 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:16:22 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> Why would you bother? You are talking to the idiot Dutch girl who
> >> is infatuated with me.

> > My apologies to you then. I'm flying blind here and all you white
> > guys look the same to me.

> No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
> passed herself off as me.
> OTOH, I don't recall ever drinking 2 L
> > of water. That seems like an excessive amount. I've had around 13 oz
> > of water today - 2 oz was with my medication. I could go for the next
> > 6 hours without any water. I must be transforming into a camel -
> > although I don't have any humps.
> >

> What about other fluids? My 2L a day regimen includes, water, tea,
> coffee, milk, juice, soups.... all fluids.

I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:13:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 1:38:59 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > My apologies to you then. I'm flying blind here and all you white
>> > guys look the same to me.

>> No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
>> passed herself off as me.
>> OTOH, I don't recall ever drinking 2 L
>> > of water. That seems like an excessive amount. I've had around 13 oz
>> > of water today - 2 oz was with my medication. I could go for the next
>> > 6 hours without any water. I must be transforming into a camel -
>> > although I don't have any humps.
>> >

>> What about other fluids? My 2L a day regimen includes, water, tea,
>> coffee, milk, juice, soups.... all fluids.

>I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

I thought coffee dehydrates.

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> I thought coffee dehydrates.

<https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I thought coffee dehydrates.

><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?

--
The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:20:55 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:13:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:

> >> No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
> >> passed herself off as me.
> >> OTOH, I don't recall ever drinking 2 L
> >> >
> >> What about other fluids? My 2L a day regimen includes, water, tea,
> >> coffee, milk, juice, soups.... all fluids.

> >I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

> I thought coffee dehydrates.
> --
> The other Dave Smith.

You're probably right about that. Back in the day, I used to have about 3 cups at work. That gave me heart palpitations. These days, I'll drink 5 to 10 oz a day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

dsi1 wrote:

> I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

*Especially* for the *bathroom*, Poi Boi...!!!

;-P

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> >> I thought coffee dehydrates.

> ><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
> >Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
> --
> The other Dave Smith.

I ain't that sophisticated. I count coffee as water. Maybe I should be drinking Gatorade. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:35:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> ><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>> >Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

>> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
>> --
>> The other Dave Smith.

>I ain't that sophisticated. I count coffee as water. Maybe I should be drinking Gatorade. Hee hee.

Alcohol is also mainly water, yet...

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> >> I thought coffee dehydrates.

> ><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
> >Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
> --
> The other Dave Smith.

I've downed a half cup of coffee. Which, depending on how you're counting, means I've had 5 or -5 oz of water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:11:20 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> ><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>> >Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

>> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
>> --
>> The other Dave Smith.

>I've downed a half cup of coffee. Which, depending on how you're counting, means I've had 5 or -5 oz of water.

lol

--
The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 06:04:27 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 10:19:12 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:
>
>>On 6/1/2021 10:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> I drink it the way I like it, and you are welcome
>>> to drink yours the way you like it.

>>+1

>A breakthrough statement indeed.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 05:59:58 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:11:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:46:21 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 04:28:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Could you drink a litre of Starbucks regular black coffee in one
>>> session? Or maybe you add a lot of milk.

>>If I had the choice, I wouldn't drink a teaspoon of Starbucks. When my
>>husband stops there for coffee, I usually get one of those dreadful UHT
>>milks.
>>
>>And, yes, I do add milk to my coffee. What's "a lot"?
>>
>>Bottom line: I don't see why it matters whether I drink my coffee black
>>as tar or pale as snow. I drink it the way I like it, and you are welcome
>>to drink yours the way you like it.

>Of course. I was just showing an interest in my fellow man. But maybe
>I should start bitching at John about how he mows the lawn.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:33:30 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

>*Especially* for the *bathroom*, Poi Boi...!!!
>
>;-P

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> ><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>> >Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

>> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
>> --
>> The other Dave Smith.

>I've downed a half cup of coffee. Which, depending on how you're counting, means I've had 5 or -5 oz of water.

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> ><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>> >Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect

>> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
>> --
>> The other Dave Smith.

>I ain't that sophisticated. I count coffee as water. Maybe I should be drinking Gatorade. Hee hee.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:32:39 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:20:55 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:13:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

>> I thought coffee dehydrates.
>> --
>> The other Dave Smith.

>You're probably right about that. Back in the day, I used to have about 3 cups at work. That gave me heart palpitations. These days, I'll drink 5 to 10 oz a day.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 1:38:59 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > My apologies to you then. I'm flying blind here and all you white
>> > guys look the same to me.

>> No need to apologize. You may have made Brucie's day by thinking she had
>> passed herself off as me.
>> OTOH, I don't recall ever drinking 2 L
>> > of water. That seems like an excessive amount. I've had around 13 oz
>> > of water today - 2 oz was with my medication. I could go for the next
>> > 6 hours without any water. I must be transforming into a camel -
>> > although I don't have any humps.
>> >

>> What about other fluids? My 2L a day regimen includes, water, tea,
>> coffee, milk, juice, soups.... all fluids.

>I'm working on a 10oz cup of coffee. I consider coffee and diet soda et al, to be water so I've had about 3 oz of water today. The good news is that I don't have to get up at night to use the bathroom. That's awesome!

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:20:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I thought coffee dehydrates.

><https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-coffee-dehydrate-you>
>Coffee contains caffeine, a diuretic compound that can increase urination frequency. That said, it takes drinking large amounts, such as 5 cups of brewed coffee or more at once, for it to have a significant dehydrating effect
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 07:18:21 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:11:20 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10:32:27 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> But does it hydrate at all, as dsi1 assumes?
>>> --
>>> The other Dave Smith.

>>I've downed a half cup of coffee. Which, depending on how you're counting, means I've had 5 or -5 oz of water.

>lol

The other Dave Smith.