Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (5/24/2021)

Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.

Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.

The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
(using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.

Three times today I boiled some pasta and dumped some of this on it.
https://midssauce.com/home/products/...talian-sausage
The 2nd time (I guess you'd call it lunch) I also had two leftover fried
chicken wings. I also put some Parmesan cheese on the pasta. Now
I'm drinking this.
https://www.totalwine.com/wine/fruit...ry/p/150434750

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 6:40:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>
> Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
> and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
> sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
> taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>
> The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
> strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
> (using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.

Lady, I really have got to tell you. I spent three months taking in that "beyond meat" at a cafeteria, a little each day from monday to friday. And I must have lost TONS and TONS of weight.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-24 6:40 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>
> Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
> and garlic, then the fat drained off.Â* I'll be stirring in some tomato
> sauce I had in the freezer from last year.Â* It needs to be used.Â* I'll
> taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>
> The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
> strand at the wall to test it. LOLÂ* I might even make some garlic toast
> (using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.

I made some sort of tacos with leftover pork tenderloin. I cooked up
some refried beans with a small onion, a couple cloves of garlic, some
chili powder, habernera chili powder, cumin, oregano, a can of black
beans and some low sodium chicken stock, simmered it all and then mushed
it a bit.

I made some guacamole and some pico de gallo, grated some cheese,
sliced up the pork and piled everything onto heated soft tortillas with
a little sour cream on top.

Maybe not authentic Mexican but they were delicious.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>
> Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
> and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
> sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
> taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>
> The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
> strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
> (using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.
>
> Jill

It sounds good, enjoy!

I had a late lunch so no supper tonight. Maybe a popsicle or an apple
later tonight.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 17:49:46 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>>
>> Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
>> and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
>> sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
>> taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>>
>> The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
>> strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
>> (using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>It sounds good, enjoy!
>
>I had a late lunch so no supper tonight. Maybe a popsicle or an apple
>later tonight.

If you have a sharp knife, you could cut the popsicle in half and save
one half for tomorrow's dinner.

--
This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 18:40:30 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>
>Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
>and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
>sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
>taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>
>The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
>strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
>(using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.
>
>Jill

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 20:53:04 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2021 17:49:46 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>>>
>>> Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
>>> and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
>>> sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
>>> taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>>>
>>> The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
>>> strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
>>> (using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>>It sounds good, enjoy!
>>
>>I had a late lunch so no supper tonight. Maybe a popsicle or an apple
>>later tonight.

>If you have a sharp knife, you could cut the popsicle in half and save
>one half for tomorrow's dinner.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 17:49:46 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>>
>> Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
>> and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
>> sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
>> taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>>
>> The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
>> strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
>> (using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>It sounds good, enjoy!
>
>I had a late lunch so no supper tonight. Maybe a popsicle or an apple
>later tonight.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 16:18:39 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 6:40:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>>
>> Ground chuck ("mystery meat") from the grocery cooked with minced onion
>> and garlic, then the fat drained off. I'll be stirring in some tomato
>> sauce I had in the freezer from last year. It needs to be used. I'll
>> taste and adjust the seasonings if/as needed.
>>
>> The spaghetti will be cooked al dente, although I refuse to throw a
>> strand at the wall to test it. LOL I might even make some garlic toast
>> (using thick sliced 'Texas Toast' under the broiler) to go with it.

>Lady, I really have got to tell you. I spent three months taking in that "beyond meat" at a cafeteria, a little each day from monday to friday. And I must have lost TONS and TONS of weight.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:59:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>>

>Three times today I boiled some pasta and dumped some of this on it.
>https://midssauce.com/home/products/...talian-sausage
>The 2nd time (I guess you'd call it lunch) I also had two leftover fried
>chicken wings. I also put some Parmesan cheese on the pasta. Now
>I'm drinking this.
>https://www.totalwine.com/wine/fruit...ry/p/150434750
>>
>> Jill
>>

>--Bryan

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:59:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
>>

>Three times today I boiled some pasta and dumped some of this on it.
>https://midssauce.com/home/products/...talian-sausage
>The 2nd time (I guess you'd call it lunch) I also had two leftover fried
>chicken wings. I also put some Parmesan cheese on the pasta. Now
>I'm drinking this.
>https://www.totalwine.com/wine/fruit...ry/p/150434750
>>
>> Jill
>>

>--Bryan

That looks like good stuff. I haven't seen it around here.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 1:51:24 AM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:59:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
> >On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:40:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >> Sorry, no Carbonara this time around.
> >>

> >Three times today I boiled some pasta and dumped some of this on it.
> >https://midssauce.com/home/products/...talian-sausage
> >The 2nd time (I guess you'd call it lunch) I also had two leftover fried
> >chicken wings. I also put some Parmesan cheese on the pasta. Now
> >I'm drinking this.
> >https://www.totalwine.com/wine/fruit...ry/p/150434750
> >>
> >> Jill
> >>

> >--Bryan

> That looks like good stuff. I haven't seen it around here.

Cold left over fried chicken and tomato soup sometimes taste even better than when freshly made.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 May 2021 08:14:47 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser