Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tanglefoot and cicadas

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 3:32:41 PM UTC-4, micky wrote in alt.home.repair:
> If I put Tanglefoot on my cherry tree to keep the ants from eating the
> cherries, will it prevent the cicadas from having a happy life?
>
> Will they be unable to get to the branches where they do their thing?
>
> The cherries are a half-inch in diameter now, and I don't think the ants
> are interested yet. I didn't see any. But in the past the cherries
> were ready for me around May 2, and the ants arrived a day or two
> earlier. So I have about 11 days.
>
> OTOH, the cicadas have been promised for early may and here it is the
> 19th, and they're not here yet. I think the news reports are like the
> reports of a Chinese rover on Mars, when every one knows it was trucked,
> not flown and certainly not rocketed, to the Gobi desert. Just check
> within Infowars and you'll see that this is well known. It even reveals
> what is not well-known, that the Chinese use a light red filter on their
> camera to make the images look more like Mars.
>
> There actually are 3 cicada shells on lower branches of the cherry tree,
> but I don't know how they got there. Do the cicadas crawl up the trunk.
>
> What should I do to promote the well-being of our Hemiptera brothers?

For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2021 12:28 PM, Transition Zone wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 3:32:41 PM UTC-4, micky wrote in alt.home.repair:
>> If I put Tanglefoot on my cherry tree to keep the ants from eating the
>> cherries, will it prevent the cicadas from having a happy life?
>>
>> Will they be unable to get to the branches where they do their thing?
>>
>> The cherries are a half-inch in diameter now, and I don't think the ants
>> are interested yet. I didn't see any. But in the past the cherries
>> were ready for me around May 2, and the ants arrived a day or two
>> earlier. So I have about 11 days.
>>
>> OTOH, the cicadas have been promised for early may and here it is the
>> 19th, and they're not here yet. I think the news reports are like the
>> reports of a Chinese rover on Mars, when every one knows it was trucked,
>> not flown and certainly not rocketed, to the Gobi desert. Just check
>> within Infowars and you'll see that this is well known. It even reveals
>> what is not well-known, that the Chinese use a light red filter on their
>> camera to make the images look more like Mars.
>>
>> There actually are 3 cicada shells on lower branches of the cherry tree,
>> but I don't know how they got there. Do the cicadas crawl up the trunk.
>>
>> What should I do to promote the well-being of our Hemiptera brothers?

> For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.

I did see on TV someone was enrobing them in chocolate and another place
was putting one on top of a cookie.

I did not order any.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 1:09:30 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 12:28 PM, Transition Zone wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 3:32:41 PM UTC-4, micky wrote in alt.home.repair:
> >> If I put Tanglefoot on my cherry tree to keep the ants from eating the
> >> cherries, will it prevent the cicadas from having a happy life?
> >>
> >> Will they be unable to get to the branches where they do their thing?
> >>
> >> The cherries are a half-inch in diameter now, and I don't think the ants
> >> are interested yet. I didn't see any. But in the past the cherries
> >> were ready for me around May 2, and the ants arrived a day or two
> >> earlier. So I have about 11 days.
> >>
> >> OTOH, the cicadas have been promised for early may and here it is the
> >> 19th, and they're not here yet. I think the news reports are like the
> >> reports of a Chinese rover on Mars, when every one knows it was trucked,
> >> not flown and certainly not rocketed, to the Gobi desert. Just check
> >> within Infowars and you'll see that this is well known. It even reveals
> >> what is not well-known, that the Chinese use a light red filter on their
> >> camera to make the images look more like Mars.
> >>
> >> There actually are 3 cicada shells on lower branches of the cherry tree,
> >> but I don't know how they got there. Do the cicadas crawl up the trunk.
> >>
> >> What should I do to promote the well-being of our Hemiptera brothers?

> > For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.
> >

> I did see on TV someone was enrobing them in chocolate and another place
> was putting one on top of a cookie.
>
> I did not order any.

Triple YUCK !!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 13:09:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 12:28 PM, Transition Zone wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 3:32:41 PM UTC-4, micky wrote in alt.home.repair:
>>> If I put Tanglefoot on my cherry tree to keep the ants from eating the
>>> cherries, will it prevent the cicadas from having a happy life?
>>>
>>> Will they be unable to get to the branches where they do their thing?
>>>
>>> The cherries are a half-inch in diameter now, and I don't think the ants
>>> are interested yet. I didn't see any. But in the past the cherries
>>> were ready for me around May 2, and the ants arrived a day or two
>>> earlier. So I have about 11 days.
>>>
>>> OTOH, the cicadas have been promised for early may and here it is the
>>> 19th, and they're not here yet. I think the news reports are like the
>>> reports of a Chinese rover on Mars, when every one knows it was trucked,
>>> not flown and certainly not rocketed, to the Gobi desert. Just check
>>> within Infowars and you'll see that this is well known. It even reveals
>>> what is not well-known, that the Chinese use a light red filter on their
>>> camera to make the images look more like Mars.
>>>
>>> There actually are 3 cicada shells on lower branches of the cherry tree,
>>> but I don't know how they got there. Do the cicadas crawl up the trunk.
>>>
>>> What should I do to promote the well-being of our Hemiptera brothers?

>> For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.
>>

>I did see on TV someone was enrobing them in chocolate and another place
>was putting one on top of a cookie.
>
>I did not order any.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 09:28:39 -0700 (PDT), Transition Zone
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 3:32:41 PM UTC-4, micky wrote in alt.home.repair:
>> If I put Tanglefoot on my cherry tree to keep the ants from eating the
>> cherries, will it prevent the cicadas from having a happy life?
>>
>> Will they be unable to get to the branches where they do their thing?
>>
>> The cherries are a half-inch in diameter now, and I don't think the ants
>> are interested yet. I didn't see any. But in the past the cherries
>> were ready for me around May 2, and the ants arrived a day or two
>> earlier. So I have about 11 days.
>>
>> OTOH, the cicadas have been promised for early may and here it is the
>> 19th, and they're not here yet. I think the news reports are like the
>> reports of a Chinese rover on Mars, when every one knows it was trucked,
>> not flown and certainly not rocketed, to the Gobi desert. Just check
>> within Infowars and you'll see that this is well known. It even reveals
>> what is not well-known, that the Chinese use a light red filter on their
>> camera to make the images look more like Mars.
>>
>> There actually are 3 cicada shells on lower branches of the cherry tree,
>> but I don't know how they got there. Do the cicadas crawl up the trunk.
>>
>> What should I do to promote the well-being of our Hemiptera brothers?

>For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 12:35:46 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 1:09:30 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.
>> >

>> I did see on TV someone was enrobing them in chocolate and another place
>> was putting one on top of a cookie.
>>
>> I did not order any.

>Triple YUCK !!!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Transition Zone wrote:
>> For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.
>>

> I did see on TV someone was enrobing them in chocolate and another place
> was putting one on top of a cookie.

That sounds like California to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 7:41:26 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > Transition Zone wrote:
> >> For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.

> > I did see on TV someone was enrobing them in chocolate and another place
> > was putting one on top of a cookie.

> That sounds like California to me.

Great place, but some of the so-called 'green' eating habits there are too far out for me. But a year or so of that beyond meat sure helped me get rid of all that weight. I had to get almost a whole new wardrobe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 May 2021 06:25:53 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

https://postimg.cc/gw0Svbty

--
The real Jim Lahey posts with a fifth of whiskey at all times