Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hummers

I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
a picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really
> nice day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local
> flower stand to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of
> the flowers planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost
> warnings. Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly
> old Rose of Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a
> coffee and heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough
> for me to get a picture.

Thanks for sharing.

--
The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Walter de Rochebrune wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really
>> nice day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local
>> flower stand to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of
>> the flowers planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost
>> warnings. Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly
>> old Rose of Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a
>> coffee and heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough
>> for me to get a picture.

> Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sniffing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really
> nice day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local
> flower stand to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of
> the flowers planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost
> warnings. Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly
> old Rose of Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a
> coffee and heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough
> for me to get a picture.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:

> Walter de Rochebrune wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> > > I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a
> > > really nice day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a
> > > local flower stand to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not
> > > lost any of the flowers planted last week, despite four nights in
> > > a row of frost warnings. Between buying and planting flowers and
> > > tearing out an ugly old Rose of Sharon I spend about 5 hours
> > > gardening. I sat down for a coffee and heard the hum of the bird.
> > > It lingered almost long enough for me to get a picture.

> > Thanks for sharing.
> >

> Thanks for sniffing.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/14/2021 1:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
> day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
> to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
> planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
> Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
> Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
> heard the hum of the bird.Â* It lingered almost long enough for me to get
> a picture.

We've been seeing and feeding them since mid-April ... They're
playing he/she games these days and we look forward to seeing nestling
groups at the feeder . Act like rowdy teenagers ...
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
> day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
> to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
> planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
> Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
> Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
> heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
> a picture.

We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!

Sure sign of Global Warming!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2021 8:12 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
>> day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
>> to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
>> planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
>> Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
>> Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
>> heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
>> a picture.

> We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
>
> Sure sign of Global Warming!
>

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bullshit. Hummingbirds show up when they show up. I saw my first one
this year on March 31st which is about normal for this region. A few
years ago one hummingbird stayed for the winter; I think she was too old
to migrate so I kept the feeder up and freshly filled for her. She was
still around even when the temperatures dropped close to freezing in
January and February (32F).

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 7:12:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> > I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
> > day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
> > to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
> > planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
> > Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
> > Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
> > heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
> > a picture.

> We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
>
> Sure sign of Global Warming!

"Hummer" is also a slang term for a "blow job" - do you know what those are, John?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 5/15/2021 8:12 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
> >> day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
> >> to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
> >> planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
> >> Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
> >> Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
> >> heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
> >> a picture.

> > We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
> >
> > Sure sign of Global Warming!
> >

> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> >

> Bullshit. Hummingbirds show up when they show up. I saw my first one
> this year on March 31st which is about normal for this region. A few
> years ago one hummingbird stayed for the winter; I think she was too old
> to migrate so I kept the feeder up and freshly filled for her. She was
> still around even when the temperatures dropped close to freezing in
> January and February (32F).

Do remember that John's hummers are *bi - polar*, lol!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 09:23:27 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/15/2021 8:12 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
>>> day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
>>> to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
>>> planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
>>> Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
>>> Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
>>> heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
>>> a picture.

>> We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
>>
>> Sure sign of Global Warming!
>>
>> John Kuthe
>>

>Bullshit. Hummingbirds show up when they show up. I saw my first one
>this year on March 31st which is about normal for this region. A few
>years ago one hummingbird stayed for the winter; I think she was too old
>to migrate so I kept the feeder up and freshly filled for her. She was
>still around even when the temperatures dropped close to freezing in
>January and February (32F).
>
>Jill

Hummers can arrive here at the beginning of May, that's when I'm sure
to put out their feeders, I spotted them three days ago. They'll soon
be building nests in a tall Norway spruce just outside my office
window where they were born, right now it's 72.1ºF... the same tree
where I hang my weather station sender.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 11:43:00 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 15 May 2021 09:23:27 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>Bullshit. Hummingbirds show up when they show up.

That's exactly true. No sooner and no later!

>>I saw my first one
>>this year on March 31st which is about normal for this region. A few
>>years ago one hummingbird stayed for the winter; I think she was too old
>>to migrate so I kept the feeder up and freshly filled for her. She was
>>still around even when the temperatures dropped close to freezing in
>>January and February (32F).
>>
>>Jill

>Hummers can arrive here at the beginning of May, that's when I'm sure
>to put out their feeders, I spotted them three days ago. They'll soon
>be building nests in a tall Norway spruce just outside my office
>window where they were born, right now it's 72.1ºF... the same tree
>where I hang my weather station sender.

Since this is rec.food.cooking: how do you eat hummingbirds? What
about degut, debone, pan fry in EVOO and then put one each on a little
cracker? With a glass of merlot. Would that work?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 07:03:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 7:12:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
>> > day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
>> > to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
>> > planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
>> > Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
>> > Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
>> > heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
>> > a picture.

>> We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
>>
>> Sure sign of Global Warming!

>"Hummer" is also a slang term for a "blow job" - do you know what those are, John?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Snag wrote:

> On 5/14/2021 1:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really
> > nice day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local
> > flower stand to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any
> > of the flowers planted last week, despite four nights in a row of
> > frost warnings. Between buying and planting flowers and tearing
> > out an ugly old Rose of Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I
> > sat down for a coffee and heard the hum of the bird.Â* It lingered
> > almost long enough for me to get a picture.

> We've been seeing and feeding them since mid-April ... They're
> playing he/she games these days and we look forward to seeing
> nestling groups at the feeder . Act like rowdy teenagers ...

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
>> day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
>> to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
>> planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
>> Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
>> Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
>> heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
>> a picture.

> We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
>
> Sure sign of Global Warming!
>

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Stutter much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 23:16:00 -0400, Alex > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
>>> day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
>>> to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
>>> planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
>>> Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
>>> Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
>>> heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
>>> a picture.

>> We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
>>
>> Sure sign of Global Warming!
>>

>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

>Stutter much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2021 2:20 PM, Rob�rt de Boissigny wrote:
> Since this is rec.food.cooking: how do you eat hummingbirds? What
> about degut, debone, pan fry in EVOO and then put one each on a little
> cracker?

Hummingbirds are so small, not worth all that work for so little meat.
Best thing is to take '4 and 20' hummingbirds, just split in half and
put into a crockpot topped with water and simmered for 24 hours. Crock
the whole birds, feathers, guts and all then strain it all out when done.

Result is a good, tasty stock for soup or whatever.

> With a glass of merlot. Would that work?

All meals are good with a glass of merlot. Good ingredient to keep in
the house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 May 2021 06:48:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 5/15/2021 2:20 PM, Rob?rt de Boissigny wrote:
>> Since this is rec.food.cooking: how do you eat hummingbirds? What
>> about degut, debone, pan fry in EVOO and then put one each on a little
>> cracker?

>Hummingbirds are so small, not worth all that work for so little meat.
>Best thing is to take '4 and 20' hummingbirds, just split in half and
>put into a crockpot topped with water and simmered for 24 hours. Crock
>the whole birds, feathers, guts and all then strain it all out when done.
>
>Result is a good, tasty stock for soup or whatever.
>
>> With a glass of merlot. Would that work?

>All meals are good with a glass of merlot. Good ingredient to keep in
>the house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 9:03:34 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 7:12:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
> > > day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
> > > to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
> > > planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
> > > Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
> > > Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
> > > heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
> > > a picture.

> > We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!
> >
> > Sure sign of Global Warming!

> "Hummer" is also a slang term for a "blow job" - do you know what those are, John?

A Hummer is a large, gas guzzling vehicle. John and Mother Gaia disapprove
of Hummers. A hummer is when a 14, 15, 16, 17 YO girl doesn't know the
lyrics to Cheep Effects songs.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hummer

--Bryan