Old 16-05-2021, 07:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hummers

On Sat, 15 May 2021 23:16:00 -0400, Alex wrote:

John Kuthe wrote:
On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
a picture.

We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!

Sure sign of Global Warming!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Stutter much?

Old 16-05-2021, 11:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2021 2:20 PM, Rob�rt de Boissigny wrote:
Since this is rec.food.cooking: how do you eat hummingbirds? What
about degut, debone, pan fry in EVOO and then put one each on a little
cracker?

Hummingbirds are so small, not worth all that work for so little meat.
Best thing is to take '4 and 20' hummingbirds, just split in half and
put into a crockpot topped with water and simmered for 24 hours. Crock
the whole birds, feathers, guts and all then strain it all out when done.

Result is a good, tasty stock for soup or whatever.

With a glass of merlot. Would that work?

All meals are good with a glass of merlot. Good ingredient to keep in
the house.

Old 16-05-2021, 01:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 9:03:34 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 7:12:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
I saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday. It was a really nice
day and I got a lot of work down. I had been out to a local flower stand
to get some more annuals. Luckily, I had not lost any of the flowers
planted last week, despite four nights in a row of frost warnings.
Between buying and planting flowers and tearing out an ugly old Rose of
Sharon I spend about 5 hours gardening. I sat down for a coffee and
heard the hum of the bird. It lingered almost long enough for me to get
a picture.

We saw several, as the the remember the good hummingbird feeders. And they showed up early last year too!

Sure sign of Global Warming!

"Hummer" is also a slang term for a "blow job" - do you know what those are, John?

A Hummer is a large, gas guzzling vehicle. John and Mother Gaia disapprove
of Hummers. A hummer is when a 14, 15, 16, 17 YO girl doesn't know the
lyrics to Cheep Effects songs.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hummer

--Bryan