Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Smoke Grilled Jerk Chicken

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 7:00:51 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/23/2021 5:59 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

> > The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.
> >

> McGarrett got the same way toward the end...

I used to have a 67 Mercury Parklane Brougham, which was pretty similar to the 68 that Steve McGarrett drove back in the day. What a wonderful interior that car had!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWR1w8s8BF0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 May 2021 22:57:08 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 7:00:51 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>> > The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.
>> >

>> McGarrett got the same way toward the end...

>I used to have a 67 Mercury Parklane Brougham, which was pretty similar to the 68 that Steve McGarrett drove back in the day. What a wonderful interior that car had!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWR1w8s8BF0

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:00:58 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:59:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > I fear going to Waikiki.

> My husband used to loathe Waikiki. He'd fly out to work at K Bay, but could
> get the government rate only at downtown hotels. One time his room was right
> above the IHOP, and was constantly filled with the nauseating smell of
> their product.

Did he ever tell you what he ordered when he went to IHOP?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:00:58 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:59:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > > I fear going to Waikiki.

> > My husband used to loathe Waikiki. He'd fly out to work at K Bay, but could
> > get the government rate only at downtown hotels. One time his room was right
> > above the IHOP, and was constantly filled with the nauseating smell of
> > their product.

> Did he ever tell you what he ordered when he went to IHOP?

I liked going to IHOP on the mainland which is kind of odd because it was kind of an unpleasantly dark and sticky joint. Of course, I was a young man at the time and could eat a lot more pancakes than I can today. Come to think of it, I could go for some pancakes right now! We had an IHOP open in the local mall a few years back. I thought that was going to be swell but it just another expensive, boring, pancake joint. That didn't last long.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 May 2021 18:31:35 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>> > My husband used to loathe Waikiki. He'd fly out to work at K Bay, but could
>> > get the government rate only at downtown hotels. One time his room was right
>> > above the IHOP, and was constantly filled with the nauseating smell of
>> > their product.

>> Did he ever tell you what he ordered when he went to IHOP?

>I liked going to IHOP on the mainland which is kind of odd because it was kind of an unpleasantly dark and sticky joint. Of course, I was a young man at the time and could eat a lot more pancakes than I can today. Come to think of it, I could go for some pancakes right now! We had an IHOP open in the local mall a few years back. I thought that was going to be swell but it just another expensive, boring, pancake joint. That didn't last long.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/25/2021 11:57 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 7:00:51 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.
>>>

>> McGarrett got the same way toward the end...

> I used to have a 67 Mercury Parklane Brougham, which was pretty similar to the 68 that Steve McGarrett drove back in the day. What a wonderful interior that car had!
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWR1w8s8BF0

Entire families could sublet that yacht!

;-0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/26/2021 7:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>>> My husband used to loathe Waikiki. He'd fly out to work at K Bay, but could
>>> get the government rate only at downtown hotels. One time his room was right
>>> above the IHOP, and was constantly filled with the nauseating smell of
>>> their product.

>> Did he ever tell you what he ordered when he went to IHOP?

> I liked going to IHOP on the mainland which is kind of odd because it was kind of an unpleasantly dark and sticky joint. Of course, I was a young man at the time and could eat a lot more pancakes than I can today. Come to think of it, I could go for some pancakes right now! We had an IHOP open in the local mall a few years back. I thought that was going to be swell but it just another expensive, boring, pancake joint. That didn't last long.

About as long as their reincarnation as IHOB did, lol!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 9:31:40 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> > > My husband used to loathe Waikiki. He'd fly out to work at K Bay, but could
> > > get the government rate only at downtown hotels. One time his room was right
> > > above the IHOP, and was constantly filled with the nauseating smell of
> > > their product.

> > Did he ever tell you what he ordered when he went to IHOP?

> I liked going to IHOP on the mainland which is kind of odd because it was kind of an unpleasantly dark and sticky joint. Of course, I was a
> young man at the time and could eat a lot more pancakes than I can today. Come to think of it, I could go for some pancakes right now! We had
> an IHOP open in the local mall a few years back. I thought that was going to be swell but it just another expensive, boring, pancake joint. That
> didn't last long.

Which reminds me actually about a visit I think I had at Zippy's. No. I think It might have been at Denny's (the mainland version of Zippy's). I forgot where I had the French Toast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:24:11 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 9:31:40 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > > Did he ever tell you what he ordered when he went to IHOP?

> > I liked going to IHOP on the mainland which is kind of odd because it was kind of an unpleasantly dark and sticky joint. Of course, I was a
> > young man at the time and could eat a lot more pancakes than I can today. Come to think of it, I could go for some pancakes right now! We had
> > an IHOP open in the local mall a few years back. I thought that was going to be swell but it just another expensive, boring, pancake joint. That
> > didn't last long.

> Which reminds me actually about a visit I think I had at Zippy's. No. I think It might have been at Denny's (the mainland version of Zippy's). I forgot where I had the French Toast.

These days, I like eating at Zippy's. I like eating at Denny's too but I might have to go to the mainland to do that!
https://www.huckleberrytravel.com/hu...-the-president
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 11:50 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:24:11 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>>> I liked going to IHOP on the mainland which is kind of odd because it was kind of an unpleasantly dark and sticky joint. Of course, I was a
>>> young man at the time and could eat a lot more pancakes than I can today. Come to think of it, I could go for some pancakes right now! We had
>>> an IHOP open in the local mall a few years back. I thought that was going to be swell but it just another expensive, boring, pancake joint. That
>>> didn't last long.

>> Which reminds me actually about a visit I think I had at Zippy's. No. I think It might have been at Denny's (the mainland version of Zippy's). I forgot where I had the French Toast.

> These days, I like eating at Zippy's. I like eating at Denny's too but I might have to go to the mainland to do that!
> https://www.huckleberrytravel.com/hu...-the-president

I mean if the carpetbagger in chief ate there, then...

:-O

https://youtu.be/BsNIN6m-z6g

Cuz man, you can't get that good stuff when you spend all your time in
the Jump Room to Cohagan's terraforming gig.