Old 14-05-2021, 01:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Well, I retired an old museum piece today!

On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:30:32 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Yeah, it's total sense that you would fill up the tank and have it
detailed just before you'd never drive it again.

I made that mistake with one of my Dad's camper vans that had an extra
tank built-in (about $200). At that time, the van and my Dad were winding
down driving operability. Most of that gas is still in the tanks.

Old 14-05-2021, 02:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 12:05:24 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:30:32 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Yeah, it's total sense that you would fill up the tank and have it
detailed just before you'd never drive it again.

I made that mistake with one of my Dad's camper vans that had an extra
tank built-in (about $200). At that time, the van and my Dad were winding
down driving operability. Most of that gas is still in the tanks.

Not smart... gas goes stale, conditioners evaporate and shorten engine
life.
Old 14-05-2021, 07:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-14 9:42 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2021 12:05:24 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy

I made that mistake with one of my Dad's camper vans that had an extra
tank built-in (about $200). At that time, the van and my Dad were winding
down driving operability. Most of that gas is still in the tanks.

Not smart... gas goes stale, conditioners evaporate and shorten engine
life.

I get a kick out of people who rush out and stock up on gas they won't
be using for a while. They are paying premium prices for a product that
is likely to be back down in price before they need it. They waste a lot
of time and gas sitting there idling while they wait to get their gas,
and then probably spill a lot of it. It is a big time money loser. Stay
home and conserve your fuel.

Old 14-05-2021, 09:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 14:36:56 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

My 2008 Grand Caravan after getting her detailed by Final Touch on
Natural Bridge today! And I tanked her up with gasoline and
parked her out front of my house, the United Church of FACTS! No
dogma, no bullshit, only the Facts!

Yeah, it's total sense that you would fill up the tank and have it
detailed just before you'd never drive it again.

You'll be driving it by May 28th, right after you drive into a
building (and not through vehicle entrance) on May 27th.

-sw

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Old 15-05-2021, 12:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

, wrote:

My 2008 Grand Caravan after getting her detailed by Final Touch on Natural Bridge today! And I tanked her up with gasoline and parked her out front of my house, the United Church of FACTS! No dogma, no bullshit, only the Facts!

As revealed by the PBS program Origins, a now absent part of PBS's series about The History Of Africa, detailing how all Homo Sapiens could be traced to the same two oldest fossils ever found. One Male and One Female. Over 150,000 years old! From Africa! :-(

"We have always said that in our war with the Arabs we had a secret weapon no alternative. The Egyptians could run to Egypt, the Syrians into Syria. The only place we could run was into the sea, and before we did that we might as well fight..."

- Golda Meir
Old 16-05-2021, 05:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-14 9:42 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2021 12:05:24 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy

I made that mistake with one of my Dad's camper vans that had an extra
tank built-in (about $200). At that time, the van and my Dad were
winding
down driving operability. Most of that gas is still in the tanks.

Not smart... gas goes stale, conditioners evaporate and shorten engine
life.

I get a kick out of people who rush out and stock up on gas they won't
be using for a while.

You're easily entertained, dipshit.
Old 16-05-2021, 08:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 16-05-2021, 08:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking