Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Catfish ideas?

cshenk wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 6:39:18 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> > > Hi, looking for Catfish ideas folks here have actually used and
> > > liked.
> > >
> > > We will probably do the normal breaded and fried this time but
> > > like ideas for other ways you actually done and liked.

> > This is my go-to web site for catfish recipes. I haven't tried them
> > all, but the ones I have have been really good.
> >
> > https://www.uscatfish.com/recipes

> THank you Silvar. Which ones have you tried and liked? The Cajun one
> caught my attention but the pic shows items not in the recipe though
> you can sort of guess what they might be.

The real Roy MacDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 May 2021 15:02:06 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-13 12:28 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 5:14:35 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>> On How did you expect fish that eat shit 24-7 to taste? The
>>> catfish would hang out around the ship's head and wait for someone
>>> to flush... guess where the Ukeleles and Pineapples caught dinner.

>> Mostly, the problem is that it doesn't live in salt water. Fresh and
>> brackish water fish have a scummy taste. Somebody should invent sea
>> catfish.

>I think it depends a lot on the water temperature. Trout that comes from
>warm water tends to taste a little muddy. Trout from cold water does not.

There are also several types of trout and several types of catfish.
When I was into keeping tropical fish I had several types of catfish,
catfish were recommended for helping keep tanks clean because they ate
the excrement of other fish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:22:01 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 09:28:16 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 5:14:35 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >> On Thu, 13 May 2021 03:52:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> How did you expect fish that eat shit 24-7 to taste? The catfish
> >> would hang out around the ship's head and wait for someone to flush...
> >> guess where the Ukeleles and Pineapples caught dinner.

> >Mostly, the problem is that it doesn't live in salt water. Fresh and brackish water fish have a scummy taste. Somebody should invent sea catfish.

> Pointy Headed Ukelele Imbecile.
> https://www.skilledangler.com/are-sa...h-good-to-eat/

Uncle potty mouth - you so dirty. So cute!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 9:02:14 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-13 12:28 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 5:14:35 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >> On How did you expect fish that eat shit 24-7 to taste? The
> >> catfish would hang out around the ship's head and wait for someone
> >> to flush... guess where the Ukeleles and Pineapples caught dinner.

> > Mostly, the problem is that it doesn't live in salt water. Fresh and
> > brackish water fish have a scummy taste. Somebody should invent sea
> > catfish.
> >

> I think it depends a lot on the water temperature. Trout that comes from
> warm water tends to taste a little muddy. Trout from cold water does not.

Beats me, I don't have much experience with lake fish. I can't even say if there's any trout on this rock. My guess is that the tilapia don't want any trout around. Those tilapia are badass, nasty, and dirty.
We seem to have an awful lot of hammerhead sharks in our bay. In Hawaii, the sharks sometimes eat you. Well, mostly they just have a little sample taste. I don't think they like the taste of humans. They must think we're dirty and nasty land catfish.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...ith-sick-scar/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> On 5/12/2021 4:05 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> > > Shrimp and pig farms are probably the same way.
> > >

> > Pig farms are disgusting. I used to drive by one on my way to work
> > in the days before AC and power windows wera almost universal, and
> > it was a full size pick up, so a long way to reach across to roll
> > up the window. I occasionally forgot to roll up the windows before
> > I got to the pig farm, and once that stench got in I needed about
> > 10 miles of driving with windows open to get it cleared out.

> LOL You baby.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 5:14:35 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 May 2021 03:52:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > > wrote:

> > know >> > it can be tender but if you use a real scale for your
> > home cooking, 4 >> > is a very good marker.

> > meant is >> more spice might make this hit my 5 scale for home. It
> > has to be one >> that can deepfry and hold but I didn't try it.
> > >
> > > My brother took us catfish fishing in the Nuuanu Reservoir. We
> > > caught some big ones and we took it home and fried it up. It's
> > > kind of a tough fish to cut up but it the fillets were large and
> > > beautiful looking. It was a firm and tender fish i.e., the
> > > perfect texture for fish. The main problem is that it tasted
> > > awful. That was a big damn shame.
> > >
> > > http://www.mikescatchreport.com/2008...08catfish.html

> > How did you expect fish that eat shit 24-7 to taste? The catfish
> > would hang out around the ship's head and wait for someone to
> > flush... guess where the Ukeleles and Pineapples caught dinner.

> Mostly, the problem is that it doesn't live in salt water. Fresh and
> brackish water fish have a scummy taste. Somebody should invent sea
> catfish.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 09:28:16 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 5:14:35 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >> On Thu, 13 May 2021 03:52:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> I know >> >> > it can be tender but if you use a real scale for your
> home cooking, 4 >> >> > is a very good marker.

> meant is >> >> more spice might make this hit my 5 scale for home. It
> has to be one >> >> that can deepfry and hold but I didn't try it.

> caught some big ones and we took it home and fried it up. It's kind
> of a tough fish to cut up but it the fillets were large and beautiful
> looking. It was a firm and tender fish i.e., the perfect texture for
> fish. The main problem is that it tasted awful. That was a big damn
> shame. >> > >>
> >http://www.mikescatchreport.com/2008...08catfish.html >>

> How did you expect fish that eat shit 24-7 to taste? The catfish >>
> would hang out around the ship's head and wait for someone to
> flush... >> guess where the Ukeleles and Pineapples caught dinner.
> >
> > Mostly, the problem is that it doesn't live in salt water. Fresh
> > and brackish water fish have a scummy taste. Somebody should invent
> > sea catfish.

> Pointy Headed Ukelele Imbecile.
> https://www.skilledangler.com/are-sa...h-good-to-eat/

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:22:01 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 13 May 2021 09:28:16 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > > wrote:

> > because I know >> >> > it can be tender but if you use a real scale
> > for your home cooking, 4 >> >> > is a very good marker.

> > meant is >> >> more spice might make this hit my 5 scale for home.
> > It has to be one >> >> that can deepfry and hold but I didn't try
> > it. >> >

> > caught some big ones and we took it home and fried it up. It's kind
> > of a tough fish to cut up but it the fillets were large and
> > beautiful looking. It was a firm and tender fish i.e., the perfect
> > texture for fish. The main problem is that it tasted awful. That
> > was a big damn shame. >> > >>
> > >http://www.mikescatchreport.com/2008...08catfish.html

> > flush... >> guess where the Ukeleles and Pineapples caught dinner.
> > >
> > > Mostly, the problem is that it doesn't live in salt water. Fresh
> > > and brackish water fish have a scummy taste. Somebody should
> > > invent sea catfish.

> > Pointy Headed Ukelele Imbecile.
> > https://www.skilledangler.com/are-sa...h-good-to-eat/

> Uncle potty mouth - you so dirty. So cute!

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 9:02:14 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> > someone >> to flush... guess where the Ukeleles and Pineapples
> > caught dinner.
> > >
> > > Mostly, the problem is that it doesn't live in salt water. Fresh
> > > and brackish water fish have a scummy taste. Somebody should
> > > invent sea catfish.
> > >

> > I think it depends a lot on the water temperature. Trout that comes
> > from warm water tends to taste a little muddy. Trout from cold
> > water does not.

> Beats me, I don't have much experience with lake fish. I can't even
> say if there's any trout on this rock. My guess is that the tilapia
> don't want any trout around. Those tilapia are badass, nasty, and
> dirty. We seem to have an awful lot of hammerhead sharks in our bay.
> In Hawaii, the sharks sometimes eat you. Well, mostly they just have
> a little sample taste. I don't think they like the taste of humans.
> They must think we're dirty and nasty land catfish.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...ith-sick-scar/

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2021 11:21 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>> (snipped first recipe for "stuffed flounder")

>>> Bless you! The second one is what I want to try first. Sounds
>>> delicious and outside my normal!
>>>

>> That recipe is the quickest and the easiest and so very delicious. I
>> take it you can find crawfish tail meat? The quick very tasty sauce
>> for this dish is absolutely incomplete without it. And, of course,
>> the celery. LOL I'll never forget it again.
>>
>> If you try it please do report back.
>>
>> Jill

> Hehe in a hurry and watching gas crazies here, we went a totally
> different direction but I saved your recipe. It was insane here. 80% of
> the gas stations out totally.

Fortunately no one in my area panicked. There has not been a run on
gasoline, no lines, no closed pumps/stations and no jack in price.
Pretty much business as usual. I filled up my car this morning on the
way to work but I needed to do that anyway.

> I'll describe what we did. I resourced (searched alternatives on
> google) for some things that I didn't have. Like a normal to Don
> breading mix he uses and went back to basics of staples we have here
> (he had fun and now likes it better). I resourced (searched) for a
> tartar sauce with no pickles as didn't have any.
>
> Here the results.
>
> A flat plate with a lip, 3 in line, happen to be 11 inches across.
> Gently graduated.
>
> For the fried fish
> Fish: 1.30lbs Catfish fillets (boneless)
> - Don cut to nuggets as that fits our deep fryer better
> Flour plate- about 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 2tsp black pepper
> Egg plate- 2 eggs mixed up in a cup and poured in
> Potato plate- probably 1/3 cup instant potato flakes
>
> Flour fish well then drop and roll in egg wash then coat in potato
> flakes. It took 4 batches for 1.30lbs to fit ours just right without
> crowding.
>
> Result. Very tender, very good. I rate this a 4 only because I know it
> can be tender but if you use a real scale for your home cooking, 4 is a
> very good marker.

(snippage)

> All in all a success even if if wasn't as planned but when I asked, I
> didn't know we would have a massive sudden gas availability issue here
> and I had to resort to what I had here at home. I am sure Jill, you
> understand that!

I understand resorting to using what you have at home, of course. We've
all had to "make do" before. So far the gasoline panic/shortage
seems to have skipped these sea islands. Knock wood.

> For sides, we had a bunch of fresh cucumber slices with a spicy french
> dressing and fresh fruit (Mango and strawberries) that we had on hand.
>
> Is it real Tartar sauce? No. It just works well enough in a pinch and
> oddly, it's a good thing on it's own.

Not being a fan of tartar sauce all I can say is I'm glad you enjoyed
it! I like the use of potato flakes in the fish coating. I've done
that with baked chicken and liked it. Might have to try it on fish
sometime.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 6:16:08 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > cshenk wrote:
> >
> > > Result. Very tender, very good. I rate this a 4 only because I
> > > know it can be tender but if you use a real scale for your home
> > > cooking, 4 is a very good marker.

> > Clarification. It's hard to make Catfish not tender. What I meant
> > is more spice might make this hit my 5 scale for home. It has to be
> > one that can deepfry and hold but I didn't try it.

> My brother took us catfish fishing in the Nuuanu Reservoir. We caught
> some big ones and we took it home and fried it up. It's kind of a
> tough fish to cut up but it the fillets were large and beautiful
> looking. It was a firm and tender fish i.e., the perfect texture for
> fish. The main problem is that it tasted awful. That was a big damn
> shame.
>
> http://www.mikescatchreport.com/2008...08catfish.html

The taste may have to do with Hawaii versions (and what they are
eating) or just not grown up on it. Hard to say.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> [...]

> > I didn't know we would have a massive sudden gas availability issue
> > here and I had to resort to what I had here at home. I am sure
> > Jill, you understand that!
> >

> I understand resorting to using what you have at home, of course.
> We've all had to "make do" before. So far the gasoline
> panic/shortage seems to have skipped these sea islands. Knock wood.
>
> > For sides, we had a bunch of fresh cucumber slices with a spicy
> > french dressing and fresh fruit (Mango and strawberries) that we
> > had on hand.
> >
> > Is it real Tartar sauce? No. It just works well enough in a pinch
> > and oddly, it's a good thing on it's own.
> >

> Not being a fan of tartar sauce all I can say is I'm glad you enjoyed
> it! I like the use of potato flakes in the fish coating. I've done
> that with baked chicken and liked it. Might have to try it on fish

Glad to pass it on! Leftovers eaten today for lunch were nice nuked
for 90seconds. Added strawberries as a side.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:32:07 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> [...]

> > didn't know we would have a massive sudden gas availability issue here
> > and I had to resort to what I had here at home. I am sure Jill, you
> > understand that!
> >

> I understand resorting to using what you have at home, of course. We've
> all had to "make do" before. So far the gasoline panic/shortage
> seems to have skipped these sea islands. Knock wood.
> > For sides, we had a bunch of fresh cucumber slices with a spicy french
> > dressing and fresh fruit (Mango and strawberries) that we had on hand.
> >
> > Is it real Tartar sauce? No. It just works well enough in a pinch and
> > oddly, it's a good thing on it's own.
> >

> Not being a fan of tartar sauce all I can say is I'm glad you enjoyed
> it! I like the use of potato flakes in the fish coating. I've done
> that with baked chicken and liked it. Might have to try it on fish

Two or three da ago, I put a chicken breast in with a can of wild and white rice. It had just the right amount of seasoning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> [...]

> > Jill, you understand that!
> >

> I understand resorting to using what you have at home, of course.
> We've all had to "make do" before. So far the gasoline
> panic/shortage seems to have skipped these sea islands. Knock wood.
>
> > For sides, we had a bunch of fresh cucumber slices with a spicy
> > french dressing and fresh fruit (Mango and strawberries) that we
> > had on hand.
> >
> > Is it real Tartar sauce? No. It just works well enough in a pinch
> > and oddly, it's a good thing on it's own.
> >

> Not being a fan of tartar sauce all I can say is I'm glad you enjoyed
> it! I like the use of potato flakes in the fish coating. I've done
> that with baked chicken and liked it. Might have to try it on fish
> sometime.
>
> Jill

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> [...]

> > We've all had to "make do" before. So far the gasoline
> > panic/shortage seems to have skipped these sea islands. Knock wood.
> > > For sides, we had a bunch of fresh cucumber slices with a spicy
> > > french dressing and fresh fruit (Mango and strawberries) that we
> > > had on hand.
> > >
> > > Is it real Tartar sauce? No. It just works well enough in a pinch
> > > and oddly, it's a good thing on it's own.
> > >

> > Not being a fan of tartar sauce all I can say is I'm glad you
> > enjoyed it! I like the use of potato flakes in the fish coating.
> > I've done that with baked chicken and liked it. Might have to try
> > it on fish sometime.

> Two or three da ago, I put a chicken breast in with a can of wild and
> white rice. It had just the right amount of seasoning.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy MacDonalds wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> > > Make them into Thai fish cakes. Dry thoroughly first, especially
> > > if they're store-bought chunks.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > Oh, describe that if you can? There's always more Catfish!
> > Interested! Frankly prety close to 50% of our meat consumption is
> > seafood based.

> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy MacDonalds wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 6:39:18 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> > > Hi, looking for Catfish ideas folks here have actually used and
> > > liked.
> > >
> > > We will probably do the normal breaded and fried this time but
> > > like ideas for other ways you actually done and liked.

> > I don't eat catfish, but you might google for "Chinese catfish
> > recipe" or "Asian catfish recipe". I found a number of
> > good-looking recipes.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 2:59:18 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

> > > Clarification. It's hard to make Catfish not tender. What I meant
> > > is more spice might make this hit my 5 scale for home. It has to be
> > > one that can deepfry and hold but I didn't try it.

> > My brother took us catfish fishing in the Nuuanu Reservoir. We caught
> > some big ones and we took it home and fried it up. It's kind of a
> > tough fish to cut up but it the fillets were large and beautiful
> > looking. It was a firm and tender fish i.e., the perfect texture for
> > fish. The main problem is that it tasted awful. That was a big damn
> > shame.
> >
> > http://www.mikescatchreport.com/2008...08catfish.html

> The taste may have to do with Hawaii versions (and what they are
> eating) or just not grown up on it. Hard to say.

The locals are certainly not used to eating fish from out rivers and canals. The good news is that we got all the lousy, dirty, stinkin', tilapia you can eat!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 5:25:08 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 2:59:18 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

> > > My brother took us catfish fishing in the Nuuanu Reservoir. We caught
> > > some big ones and we took it home and fried it up. It's kind of a
> > > tough fish to cut up but it the fillets were large and beautiful
> > > looking. It was a firm and tender fish i.e., the perfect texture for
> > > fish. The main problem is that it tasted awful. That was a big damn
> > > shame.
> > >
> > > http://www.mikescatchreport.com/2008...08catfish.html

> > The taste may have to do with Hawaii versions (and what they are
> > eating) or just not grown up on it. Hard to say.

> The locals are certainly not used to eating fish from out rivers and canals. The good news is that we got all the lousy, dirty, stinkin', tilapia you can eat!

I heard that shark fins are what's hot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:36:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 5/12/2021 3:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> >> [snip]

> >> Oh God, so that's why you're John's little rimjob bitch. It's your version of
> >> washing Jesus' feet. You found your "least of these," and you're stickin' to
> >> him. There are certainly more deserving "fowls of the air," but you picked
> >> Bachelor Kuthe. St. Peter might let you in, but odds are he'll be rolling his
> >> eyes.
> >>>
> >> --Bryan

> > How did this food conversation between Jill and Carol devolve into
> > ... that out of place bullshit? Did you fall off the wagon again
> > and bump your widdle head?
> >
> > Save the bullshit for bullshit threads. And even then, this is still
> > a head-scratcher. Oh look, here comes Gregory for some anal sex.
> > You scored, Bryan!
> >
> > -sw
> >

> LOL This kind of immature, totally irrelevant crap is exactly why he
> went back into the bozo bin.

"Those nuts that burn their bras and walk around all disheveled and hate men? Theyre crazy. Crazy..."

- Golda Meir

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/14/2021 7:21 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 5:25:08 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>>> The taste may have to do with Hawaii versions (and what they are
>>> eating) or just not grown up on it. Hard to say.

>> The locals are certainly not used to eating fish from out rivers and canals. The good news is that we got all the lousy, dirty, stinkin', tilapia you can eat!

> I heard that shark fins are what's hot.

A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 7:01:24 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
> through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

I like that show and it's amazing the places people choose to hide drugs
and import or export items illegally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
> through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.

They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/05/2021 13:38, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
>> through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

> I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
> asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
>
> They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
> shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
> so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.

======

That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> On 15/05/2021 13:38, Gary wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >> A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
> >> through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

> > I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
> > asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
> >
> > They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
> > shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
> > so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
> >

> ======
>
> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

I can assure you that sharks don't have "feelings", Ophelia - here in Hawaii we say, 'OFF with their bloody FINS!' - and shark fin soup is mighty tasty.

;-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10:29:55 AM UTC-4, GM wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

> > > I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
> > > asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
> > >
> > > They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
> > > shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
> > > so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
> > >

> > ======
> >
> > That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

> I can assure you that sharks don't have "feelings", Ophelia - here in Hawaii we say, 'OFF with their bloody FINS!' - and shark fin soup is mighty tasty.

Sometimes, all of their feelings are hurt because they can't swim with you in the red. Like they want to.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10:16:53 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> On 15/05/2021 13:38, Gary wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >> A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
> >> through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

> > I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
> > asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
> >
> > They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
> > shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
> > so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
> >

> ======
>
> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

Just put "shark bite" and australia into a search engine and look at the images.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10:16:53 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
>>> asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
>>>
>>> They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
>>> shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
>>> so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
>>>

>> ======
>>
>> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

> Just put "shark bite" and australia into a search engine and look at the images.

I fished with a guy once. We went down to the boat dock and he
filleted all the fish. Tossed their skeletons back in the water and
they (very) slowly swam off. Just a head and some skeleton bones.

Something else probably ate them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10:16:53 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
>>> asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
>>>
>>> They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
>>> shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
>>> so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
>>>

>> ======
>>
>> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

> Just put "shark bite" and australia into a search engine and look at the images.

The first image in the results will be master doctor druce sniffing
someones ass hole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:16:53 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> On 15/05/2021 13:38, Gary wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >> A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
> >> through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

> > I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
> > asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
> >
> > They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
> > shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
> > so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
> >

> ======
>
> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

Shark fin soup is not popular on this rock. The Hawaiians viewed sharks and other creatures as forms that their gods might take. They sometimes regarded sharks as a family god or the spirits of their ancestors that would appear to offer help or protection. Generally speaking, killing a shark was considered kapu. Killing and eating the spirit of your ancestors would be a very bad thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-15 4:32 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10:16:53 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
>>> asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
>>>
>>> They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
>>> shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
>>> so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
>>>

>> ======
>>
>> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

> Just put "shark bite" and australia into a search engine and look at the images.

Better yet... google "provoked shark attacks". The International
Shark Attack File reports 57 unprovoked shark attacks on people and
another 30 provoked attacks. What sort of an idiot would provoke a shark?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 18:52:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-15 4:32 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:

>>> ======
>>>
>>> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

>> Just put "shark bite" and australia into a search engine and look at the images.
>>

> Better yet... google "provoked shark attacks". The International
>Shark Attack File reports 57 unprovoked shark attacks on people and
>another 30 provoked attacks. What sort of an idiot would provoke a shark?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 15:16:46 +0100, Ophelia >
wrote:

>On 15/05/2021 13:38, Gary wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> A TV program on Nat Geo, To Catch a Smuggler showed some fins going
>>> through customs illegally. They can go for $500 a pound.

>> I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
>> asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
>>
>> They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
>> shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
>> so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
>>

>======
>
> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 14:53:36 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:16:53 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > I saw that episode. I also previously watched a documentary showing
>> > asian fishermen harvesting those shark fins.
>> >
>> > They catch the sharks, cut off all the fins then toss the still alive
>> > shark back into the ocean. Without their fins, they can't swim or hunt
>> > so they sink to the bottom and just lay there until they die.
>> >

>> ======
>>
>> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

>Shark fin soup is not popular on this rock. The Hawaiians viewed sharks and other creatures as forms that their gods might take. They sometimes regarded sharks as a family god or the spirits of their ancestors that would appear to offer help or protection. Generally speaking, killing a shark was considered kapu. Killing and eating the spirit of your ancestors would be a very bad thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 14:53:36 -0700, dsi1 wrote:

> eating the spirit of your ancestors would be a very bad thing.

Eating their brains is also not a good idea. There were a few Pacific
islanders that did that before we introduced them to spam.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 May 2021 05:25:38 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 15 May 2021 14:53:36 -0700, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> eating the spirit of your ancestors would be a very bad thing.

>Eating their brains is also not a good idea. There were a few Pacific
>islanders that did that before we introduced them to spam.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 18:52:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-05-15 4:32 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:

>>> ======
>>>
>>> That is appalling(( I hope they suffer the same fate!!!

>> Just put "shark bite" and australia into a search engine and look at the images.
>>

> Better yet... google "provoked shark attacks". The International
>Shark Attack File reports 57 unprovoked shark attacks on people and
>another 30 provoked attacks. What sort of an idiot would provoke a shark?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 May 2021 23:27:20 -0000 (UTC), "Joie McDonalds"
> wrote:

>Roy MacDonalds wrote:
>
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:

>> > liked. >>
>> > like >> ideas for other ways you actually done and liked.

>> > Anyone who has had an aquarium knows that catfish are the tank's
>> > shit eaters... fact!

>> The McDonald's customers of the fish world.

>Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 May 2021 17:00:36 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 6:27:25 PM UTC-5, Joie McDonalds wrote:
>> Roy MacDonalds wrote:

>> > The McDonald's customers of the fish world.

>Bruce (if that's his real name) and John should get a room where they
>can share a vegetarian meal and talk about how those who frequent
>McCraps are lowlifes.
>>
>> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."
>>
>> --
>> The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
>>

>--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking