Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Early supper us.

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 2:22:12 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2021 12:36:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
> >On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:33:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> >
> >> At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the rabbii
> >> snipped off.
> >> I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so they
> >> cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut. I like
> >> chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.

> >Bullshit. You've said plenty of times - you practically brag about
> >it - that you boil the shit out of them, up to an hour, so they give
> >up some of their salt, nitrites, and fat.
> >
> >TIAD!
> >
> >-sw

> You failed reading comprehension.

I failed everything, but so what?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gary wrote:

> On 5/12/2021 12:45 PM, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > That is the dumbest commercial on TV. I'd never buy Progressive
> > > insurance because they are so annoying.

> > I thought Wendy's had the dumbest commercial back in the '80s.
> > There was an elderly guy who was a farmer and he said he had
> > tomatoes and he reached into his pocket and put little cinnamon
> > candies on the table saying that they were shrunken tomatoes. (If
> > I remember correctly).
> >

> Those Joe Namath medicare commercials annoy me.

The real Roy MacDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 12:36:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:33:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> >
> >> At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the

> rabbii >> snipped off.
> >> I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so

> they >> cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut.
> I like >> chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.
> >
> > Bullshit. You've said plenty of times - you practically brag about
> > it - that you boil the shit out of them, up to an hour, so they give
> > up some of their salt, nitrites, and fat.

> > -sw

> Simmer. No boiling. Start in cold tap water, bring to barely asimmer.
>
> About the only food I boil is pasta. Ronzoni medium shells last
> night, boiled 11 minutes, then finished by simmering in tomato sauce.
> Used to boil rice, but eat so little rice I don't count it as a food
> anymore, now rice is a cell phone drier.
>
> Gave up boiling corn years ago, now nuked in their husks... we like
> corn however we rarely eat any, too much work flossing. Craisins are
> another snack food that're a bitch to floss... Crystal Palace needs no
> flossing.

The real Roy MacDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Joie MacDonalds wrote:

> On 5/13/2021 11:33 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the
> > rabbii snipped off.
> > I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so
> > they cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut.
> > I like chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.
> >

> Why are vaginas like hotdogs?
>
> Because when you think about what goes into them, you want to quit
> eating them.

The real Roy MacDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gary wrote:

> On 5/12/2021 1:50 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > From a local street vendor, I had a "wet teddy bear" for dinner.
> > >

> > https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...20teddy%20bear

> Like you and John on that naked kayak trip?

The real Roy MacDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:33:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:

> yellow >>>>>>> mustard and ketchup down the rolls. Sprinkle diced
> onion on to of the >>>>>>> mustard/ketchup. Drop heated wieners on
> the onion and spoon chili >>>>>>> down over all. Pop into the oven
> for 20-30 minutes at 350F >>>>>>> Janet US
> >
> > At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the
> > rabbii snipped off.
> > I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so
> > they cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut.
> > I like chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.

> did you read all the instructions? The tube steaks are surrounded by
> bun, chili, cheese and ketchup and mustard. Believe me, it takes
> that long to get heat through to the weiners.
> Never mind your TIAD. Chili and dogs are served together all the way
> from Coney Island to the West Coast.
> Janet US

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:33:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
> > At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the
> > rabbii snipped off.
> > I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so
> > they cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut.
> > I like chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.

> Bullshit. You've said plenty of times - you practically brag about
> it - that you boil the shit out of them, up to an hour, so they give
> up some of their salt, nitrites, and fat.
>
> TIAD!
>
> -sw

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 2:22:12 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 May 2021 12:36:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> > rabbii >> snipped off.

> > so they >> cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and
> > kraut. I like >> chili and I like tube steak but the two together
> > is TIAD.
> > >
> > > Bullshit. You've said plenty of times - you practically brag
> > > about it - that you boil the shit out of them, up to an hour, so
> > > they give up some of their salt, nitrites, and fat.
> > >
> > > TIAD!
> > >
> > > -sw

> > You failed reading comprehension.

> I failed everything, but so what?

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:43:11 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 May 2021 15:53:14 -0600, US Janet wrote:
> >
> >> I made chili dogs.
> >>
> >> I make them in a pan, side by side.
> >> Lay the rolls out in the pan, side by side., squiggle some yellow
> >> mustard and ketchup down the rolls. Sprinkle diced onion on to of

> the >> mustard/ketchup. Drop heated wieners on the onion and spoon
> chili >> down over all. Pop into the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350F
> >> Simple salad to go with.
> >> dinner is ready in 20 minutes.
> >> Janet US

> > I had Chili dogs last night, too. I broil them in the toaster oven,
> > toppped with hot dog chili sauce, mild cheddar, and red onion.
> >
> > The brand of chili dog sauce I used wasn't very good (Hill Country
> > Fare). I usually buy
> > Nalley's/AusxTex/Castleberrys/IforgetWhatTheyCallItNowAfterTheyKille
> > dSomePeople.
> >
> > -sw

> I use Nallley's too. I use the Costco hot dogs. and sometimes Costco
> long buns but I prefer the Albertsons bakery buns as they are firmer.
> Janet US

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2021 12:36:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:33:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>>> At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the rabbii
>>> snipped off.
>>> I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so they
>>> cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut. I like
>>> chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.

>> Bullshit. You've said plenty of times - you practically brag about
>> it - that you boil the shit out of them, up to an hour, so they give
>> up some of their salt, nitrites, and fat.

>> -sw

> Simmer. No boiling. Start in cold tap water, bring to barely asimmer.
>
> About the only food I boil is pasta. Ronzoni medium shells last
> night, boiled 11 minutes, then finished by simmering in tomato sauce.
> Used to boil rice, but eat so little rice I don't count it as a food
> anymore, now rice is a cell phone drier.
>
> Gave up boiling corn years ago, now nuked in their husks... we like
> corn however we rarely eat any, too much work flossing. Craisins are
> another snack food that're a bitch to floss... Crystal Palace needs no
> flossing.

Snaggletooth. From drinking all that crystal palace.

It will get better when yoose 90 Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 May 2021 14:19:51 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 12:36:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:33:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>>> At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the rabbii
>>> snipped off.
>>> I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so they
>>> cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut. I like
>>> chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.

>>Bullshit. You've said plenty of times - you practically brag about
>>it - that you boil the shit out of them, up to an hour, so they give
>>up some of their salt, nitrites, and fat.

>>-sw

> Simmer. No boiling. Start in cold tap water, bring to barely asimmer.

Just like I said. 205F... 212F, same thing when it comes to your
hot dogs.

> About the only food I boil is pasta. Ronzoni medium shells last
> night, boiled 11 minutes, then finished by simmering in tomato sauce.

Finished simmering in tomato sauce? Yikes. Only Chefboyadree and
Spaghetti-O's does that.

> Used to boil rice, but eat so little rice I don't count it as a food
> anymore, now rice is a cell phone drier.

You said you've never used your cell phone. Your Depends don't
protect in your pocket?

> Craisins are
> another snack food that're a bitch to floss... Crystal Palace needs no
> flossing.

Neither do cow udders.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 May 2021 14:22:07 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 12:36:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:33:03 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>>> At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the rabbii
>>> snipped off.
>>> I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so they
>>> cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut. I like
>>> chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.

>>Bullshit. You've said plenty of times - you practically brag about
>>it - that you boil the shit out of them, up to an hour, so they give
>>up some of their salt, nitrites, and fat.
>>
>>TIAD!

> You failed reading comprehension.

Uh, yeah. After you just confirmed what I just said.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:50:42 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:25:29 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>
>> From a local street vendor, I had a "wet teddy bear" for dinner.
>>

> https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...20teddy%20bear

Somebody coined that on March 12th, 2 days after the commercial was
released. I don't even remember what the commercial as for, and I
don't care. Commercials don't work on me.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 6:40:00 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2021 17:51:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >> The telling part is you don't know what company the ad is actually for.
> >>

> >I have been impressed with the new Ikea ad, but, as good as it is, it
> >doesn't do anything to change my attitude about them charging $5 for
> >curb side pick up during the pandemic shut down. I have been doing lots
> >of online ordering with curbside pickup and never had to pay extra. I
> >guess it should not be surprising, considering their outrageous delivery
> >charges. They had a satellite store in the city where my son lives and
> >he had wanted to order some stuff. I can understand them charging to
> >delivery a house, but they wanted $75 to deliver it to the store where
> >he would have to pick it up.

> I watched a brilliant doc on Netflix, the series was called Broken and
> I think it was the second episode, on furniture. I'd never buy
> anything from Ikea now, starting from when a Swedish Nazi (their words
> not mine) founded it and he made plenty of effort to conceal that!

Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 10:04:24 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 6:40:00 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 May 2021 17:51:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:

> > >I have been impressed with the new Ikea ad, but, as good as it is, it
> > >doesn't do anything to change my attitude about them charging $5 for
> > >curb side pick up during the pandemic shut down. I have been doing lots
> > >of online ordering with curbside pickup and never had to pay extra. I
> > >guess it should not be surprising, considering their outrageous delivery
> > >charges. They had a satellite store in the city where my son lives and
> > >he had wanted to order some stuff. I can understand them charging to
> > >delivery a house, but they wanted $75 to deliver it to the store where
> > >he would have to pick it up.

> > I watched a brilliant doc on Netflix, the series was called Broken and
> > I think it was the second episode, on furniture. I'd never buy
> > anything from Ikea now, starting from when a Swedish Nazi (their words
> > not mine) founded it and he made plenty of effort to conceal that!

> Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

-- NY Times
"He asked Berlin for $3,000 to help a Republican Congressman take about 50 isolationist members of his party to Philadelphia to push for an antiwar platform.

What is more, Mr. Thomsen said, the Congressman, who was never named, was forming a committee that would publish full-page newspaper advertisements during the convention bearing the message ''Keep America Out of War.'' The advertisements would cost $60,000 to $80,000, Mr. Thomsen said. (That would be hundreds of thousands of dollars in today's money.)

With Washington today caught up in Senate hearings into possible efforts by China to buy influence in American political affairs, Mr. Thomsen's words from long ago are haunting. They tell of an elaborate scheme to interfere in the American political system.

''It was at the time the most extensive foreign intervention -- direct intervention -- ever into an American election campaign,'' said Gerhard L. Weinberg, a professor of history at the University of North Carolina who fled Germany with his family just before World War II. "

New York Times July 23, 1997
-- https://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/23/u...-politics.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/14/2021 10:09 AM, bruce bowser wrote:

>> Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> -- NY Times
> "He asked Berlin for $3,000 to help a Republican Congressman take about 50 isolationist members of his party to Philadelphia to push for an antiwar platform.
>
> What is more, Mr. Thomsen said, the Congressman, who was never named, was forming a committee that would publish full-page newspaper advertisements during the convention bearing the message ''Keep America Out of War.'' The advertisements would cost $60,000 to $80,000, Mr. Thomsen said. (That would be hundreds of thousands of dollars in today's money.)
>
> With Washington today caught up in Senate hearings into possible efforts by China to buy influence in American political affairs, Mr. Thomsen's words from long ago are haunting. They tell of an elaborate scheme to interfere in the American political system.
>
> ''It was at the time the most extensive foreign intervention -- direct intervention -- ever into an American election campaign,'' said Gerhard L. Weinberg, a professor of history at the University of North Carolina who fled Germany with his family just before World War II. "
>
> New York Times July 23, 1997
> -- https://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/23/u...-politics.html

A couple of things you may find interesting. PBS has a series The Rise
of the Nazi. Very interesting how Hitler got to the top.
https://www.pbs.org/show/rise-nazis/

Last Sunday, 60 minutes had a segment on the Ritchie Boys. Never heard
of them but they made a huge difference in the war.
Worth watching for 20 minutes.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-w...es-2021-05-09/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 9:09:41 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 10:04:24 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 6:40:00 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> > > On Wed, 12 May 2021 17:51:56 -0400, Dave Smith

> > > I watched a brilliant doc on Netflix, the series was called Broken and
> > > I think it was the second episode, on furniture. I'd never buy
> > > anything from Ikea now, starting from when a Swedish Nazi (their words
> > > not mine) founded it and he made plenty of effort to conceal that!

> > Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> -- NY Times
> "He asked Berlin for $3,000 to help a Republican Congressman take about 50 isolationist members of his party to Philadelphia to push for an antiwar platform.
>
> What is more, Mr. Thomsen said, the Congressman, who was never named, was forming a committee that would publish full-page newspaper advertisements during the convention bearing the message ''Keep America Out of War.'' The advertisements would cost $60,000 to $80,000, Mr. Thomsen said. (That would be hundreds of thousands of dollars in today's money.)
>
> With Washington today caught up in Senate hearings into possible efforts by China to buy influence in American political affairs, Mr. Thomsen's words from long ago are haunting. They tell of an elaborate scheme to interfere in the American political system.
>
> ''It was at the time the most extensive foreign intervention -- direct intervention -- ever into an American election campaign,'' said Gerhard L. Weinberg, a professor of history at the University of North Carolina who fled Germany with his family just before World War II. "
>
> New York Times July 23, 1997
> -- https://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/23/u...-politics.html

It wasn't just Republicans:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kennedy_Sr.

"Controversy

Appeasement

Kennedy rejected the belief of Winston Churchill that any compromise with Nazi Germany was impossible. Instead, he supported Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's policy of appeasement. Throughout 1938, while the Nazi persecution of the Jews in Germany intensified, Kennedy attempted to arrange a meeting with Adolf Hitler. Shortly before the Nazi bombing of British cities began in September 1940, Kennedy once again sought a personal meeting with Hitler without the approval of the U. S. Department of State, in order to "bring about a better understanding between the United States and Germany"...

Defeatist
Kennedy told a British reporter in late 1939 that he was confident that Roosevelt would "fall" in 1940 (i.e. in that year's presidential election).

In British government circles during the Blitz, Kennedy was widely disparaged as a defeatist. On September 19, 1939, he sent three of his nine children back to the United States. They were, Robert aged 13, Jeanne aged 10, and Edward aged 7. Kennedy retreated to the countryside during the bombings of London by German aircraft, at a time when the British Royal Family, Prime Minister, government ministers, and other ambassadors chose to stay in London.

This prompted Randolph Churchill to say:

I thought my daffodils were yellow until I met Joe Kennedy..."

</>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 09:50:20 -0700 (PDT), GM
> [...]

>Defeatist
>Kennedy told a British reporter in late 1939 that he was confident that Roosevelt would "fall" in 1940 (i.e. in that year's presidential election).
>
>In British government circles during the Blitz, Kennedy was widely disparaged as a defeatist. On September 19, 1939, he sent three of his nine children back to the United States. They were, Robert aged 13, Jeanne aged 10, and Edward aged 7. Kennedy retreated to the countryside during the bombings of London by German aircraft, at a time when the British Royal Family, Prime Minister, government ministers, and other ambassadors chose to stay in London.
>
>This prompted Randolph Churchill to say:
>
>I thought my daffodils were yellow until I met Joe Kennedy..."

Kennedy wrote the book While England Slept, he could not have been
more wrong. 1934 my father was pulled from the merchant navy, with
his companys blessing, to train with the Royal Navy 'for the coming
war with Germany'. So when war actually came my father was given
command of HMS Undaunted, he was fully trained before talk of war!
Many more like him, it was just that Churchill et al did not share
everything with a man like Kennedy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

> Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy. That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day republican party is a big fan too.
I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt. It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?
Anyway, back to the Colt. I got it for dirt cheap because it had a scary engine knock. I recognized it for what it was - a loose oil filler cap. I loved that car. In that lightweight car the hemi engine and 4 speed gave the illusion of speed. Hee hee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBR0G1zup0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> >
> > Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during
> > Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took
> > campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy.
> That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day
> republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt.
> It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years
> previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing
> Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school
> that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped
> a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box
> restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did
> that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?

Americans bombed my home town, killing at least 800. People with more
weapons than brains are very dangerous.

--
The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 08:16:45 -0400, gary > wrote:
>
> > On 5/12/2021 12:45 PM, bruce bowser wrote:

> yellow >>>>>> mustard and ketchup down the rolls. Sprinkle diced
> onion on to of the >>>>>> mustard/ketchup. Drop heated wieners on the
> onion and spoon chili >>>>>> down over all. Pop into the oven for
> 20-30 minutes at 350F >>>>>> Janet US
>
> At 350F for 30 minutes those tube steak will look like what the rabbii
> snipped off.
> I pan fry my tube steak with low heat while rolling them about so they
> cook evenly. I have mine with Guldens spicy brown and kraut. I like
> chili and I like tube steak but the two together is TIAD.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 6:40:00 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 May 2021 17:51:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:

> > actually for. >>
> > >

> > > I have been impressed with the new Ikea ad, but, as good as it
> > > is, it doesn't do anything to change my attitude about them
> > > charging $5 for curb side pick up during the pandemic shut down.
> > > I have been doing lots of online ordering with curbside pickup
> > > and never had to pay extra. I guess it should not be surprising,
> > > considering their outrageous delivery charges. They had a
> > > satellite store in the city where my son lives and he had wanted
> > > to order some stuff. I can understand them charging to delivery a
> > > house, but they wanted $75 to deliver it to the store where he
> > > would have to pick it up.

> > I watched a brilliant doc on Netflix, the series was called Broken
> > and I think it was the second episode, on furniture. I'd never buy
> > anything from Ikea now, starting from when a Swedish Nazi (their
> > words not mine) founded it and he made plenty of effort to conceal
> > that!

> Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during
> Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took
> campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> [...]

> > countryside during the bombings of London by German aircraft, at a
> > time when the British Royal Family, Prime Minister, government
> > ministers, and other ambassadors chose to stay in London.
> >
> > This prompted Randolph Churchill to say:
> >
> > I thought my daffodils were yellow until I met Joe Kennedy..."
> >
> > </>

> Kennedy wrote the book While England Slept, he could not have been
> more wrong. 1934 my father was pulled from the merchant navy, with
> his companys blessing, to train with the Royal Navy 'for the coming
> war with Germany'. So when war actually came my father was given
> command of HMS Undaunted, he was fully trained before talk of war!
> Many more like him, it was just that Churchill et al did not share
> everything with a man like Kennedy!

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> >
> > Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during
> > Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took
> > campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy.
> That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day
> republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt.
> It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years
> previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing
> Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school
> that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped
> a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box
> restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did
> that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost? Anyway, back to the Colt. I
> got it for dirt cheap because it had a scary engine knock. I
> recognized it for what it was - a loose oil filler cap. I loved that
> car. In that lightweight car the hemi engine and 4 speed gave the
> illusion of speed. Hee hee.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBR0G1zup0

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:50:42 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:25:29 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> >> From a local street vendor, I had a "wet teddy bear" for dinner.
> > >

> > https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...20teddy%20bear

> Somebody coined that on March 12th, 2 days after the commercial was
> released. I don't even remember what the commercial as for, and I
> don't care. Commercials don't work on me.
>
> -sw

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 11 May 2021 15:53:14 -0600, US Janet wrote:
>
> > I made chili dogs.
> >
> > I make them in a pan, side by side.
> > Lay the rolls out in the pan, side by side., squiggle some yellow
> > mustard and ketchup down the rolls. Sprinkle diced onion on to of
> > the mustard/ketchup. Drop heated wieners on the onion and spoon
> > chili down over all. Pop into the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350F
> > Simple salad to go with.
> > dinner is ready in 20 minutes.
> > Janet US

> I had Chili dogs last night, too. I broil them in the toaster oven,
> toppped with hot dog chili sauce, mild cheddar, and red onion.
>
> The brand of chili dog sauce I used wasn't very good (Hill Country
> Fare). I usually buy
> Nalley's/AusxTex/Castleberrys/IforgetWhatTheyCallItNowAfterTheyKilledS
> omePeople.
>
> -sw

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 10:19:45 AM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> > >
> > > Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during
> > > Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took
> > > campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> > Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy.
> > That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day
> > republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt.
> > It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years
> > previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing
> > Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school
> > that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped
> > a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box
> > restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did
> > that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?

> Americans bombed my home town, killing at least 800. People with more
> weapons than brains are very dangerous.
>
> --
> The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

They probably had a really good reason to but I guess that depends on which side you're on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 10:19:45 AM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune
> wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

> > > Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that
> > > guy. That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present
> > > day republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge
> > > Colt. It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less
> > > that 40 years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying
> > > overhead and bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some
> > > reason, bombed the school that my son went to and caused a fire
> > > on the roof. They also dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife
> > > worked - a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a
> > > JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor
> > > aim? Lost?

> > Americans bombed my home town, killing at least 800. People with
> > more weapons than brains are very dangerous.
> >
> > --
> > The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de -
> > individual.net

> They probably had a really good reason to but I guess that depends on
> which side you're on.

Obviously, the Netherlands and the US were on the same side. But the
pilots were ****ing retards.

--
The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy. That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day republican party is a big fan too.
> I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt. It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?

Just gooks killing gooks. Same old shit for millennia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> >
> > Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during
> > Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took
> > campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy.
> That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day
> republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt.
> It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years
> previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing
> Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school
> that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped
> a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box
> restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did
> that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost? Anyway, back to the Colt. I
> got it for dirt cheap because it had a scary engine knock. I
> recognized it for what it was - a loose oil filler cap. I loved that
> car. In that lightweight car the hemi engine and 4 speed gave the
> illusion of speed. Hee hee.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBR0G1zup0

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 10:19:45 AM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune
> wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

> > > Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that
> > > guy. That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present
> > > day republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge
> > > Colt. It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less
> > > that 40 years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying
> > > overhead and bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some
> > > reason, bombed the school that my son went to and caused a fire
> > > on the roof. They also dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife
> > > worked - a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a
> > > JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor
> > > aim? Lost?

> > Americans bombed my home town, killing at least 800. People with
> > more weapons than brains are very dangerous.
> >
> > --
> > The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de -
> > individual.net

> They probably had a really good reason to but I guess that depends on
> which side you're on.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Walter de Rochebrune wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 10:19:45 AM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune
> > wrote:

> > > Americans bombed my home town, killing at least 800. People with
> > > more weapons than brains are very dangerous.
> > >
> > > --
> > > The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de -
> > > individual.net

> > They probably had a really good reason to but I guess that depends
> > on which side you're on.

> Obviously, the Netherlands and the US were on the same side. But the
> pilots were ****ing retards.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> > >
> > > Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around
> > > during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen
> > > took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

> > Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy.
> > That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day
> > republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt.
> > It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40
> > years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and
> > bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the
> > school that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also
> > dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a
> > Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a
> > newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?

> Just gooks killing gooks. Same old shit for millennia.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 12:01:07 PM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 10:19:45 AM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune
> > wrote:

> > > Americans bombed my home town, killing at least 800. People with
> > > more weapons than brains are very dangerous.
> > >
> > > --
> > > The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de -
> > > individual.net

> > They probably had a really good reason to but I guess that depends on
> > which side you're on.

> Obviously, the Netherlands and the US were on the same side. But the
> pilots were ****ing retards.
> --
> The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

I'll buy that. It's just awful when a soldier says "oops!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 12:01:07 PM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune
> wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > They probably had a really good reason to but I guess that
> > > depends on which side you're on.

> > Obviously, the Netherlands and the US were on the same side. But
> > the pilots were ****ing retards.
> > --
> > The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de -
> > individual.net

> I'll buy that. It's just awful when a soldier says "oops!"

Yes, those oopses can be expensive.

--
The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14 May 2021 22:16:57 GMT, "Walter de Rochebrune"
> wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 12:01:07 PM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune
>> wrote:

>> > Obviously, the Netherlands and the US were on the same side. But
>> > the pilots were ****ing retards.
>> > --
>> > The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de -
>> > individual.net

>> I'll buy that. It's just awful when a soldier says "oops!"
>>

>Yes, those oopses can be expensive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 15:11:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 12:01:07 PM UTC-10, Walter de Rochebrune wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:

>> > They probably had a really good reason to but I guess that depends on
>> > which side you're on.

>> Obviously, the Netherlands and the US were on the same side. But the
>> pilots were ****ing retards.
>> --
>> The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

>I'll buy that. It's just awful when a soldier says "oops!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 22:07:14 -0000 (UTC), "Walter de Rochebrune"
> wrote:

>Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:

>> > Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy.
>> > That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day
>> > republican party is a big fan too. I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt.
>> > It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40
>> > years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and
>> > bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the
>> > school that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also
>> > dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a
>> > Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a
>> > newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?

>> Just gooks killing gooks. Same old shit for millennia.

>Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 17:04:32 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

>> Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy. That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day republican party is a big fan too.
>> I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt. It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?

>Just gooks killing gooks. Same old shit for millennia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 13:08:35 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:04:24 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> Honda, Volkswagon and BMW and Mercedes Bens were all around during Hitler's reign. And worst of all 40 republican congressmen took campaign funds from Hitler, himself.

>Things ain't changed much. You-know-who would have loved that guy. That orange guy loves dictators - what a dick. The present day republican party is a big fan too.
>I used to have a 72 Dodge Colt. It was made by Mitsubishi. The funny part was that less that 40 years previously, we had Mitsubishi planes flying overhead and bombing Honolulu. One of those planes, for some reason, bombed the school that my son went to and caused a fire on the roof. They also dropped a bomb near the spot where my wife worked - a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. Back then, it wasn't a JITB, it was a newsstand. Why did that do that? Beats me. Poor aim? Lost?
>Anyway, back to the Colt. I got it for dirt cheap because it had a scary engine knock. I recognized it for what it was - a loose oil filler cap. I loved that car. In that lightweight car the hemi engine and 4 speed gave the illusion of speed. Hee hee.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBR0G1zup0

Just a little early gloria p Preserving 3 27-11-2014 07:33 PM
I know it's almost a day early, but... ChattyCathy General Cooking 0 06-03-2010 04:10 PM
did I buy too early? Eddie Barbecue 3 21-11-2009 10:07 PM
late lunch/early supper hahabogus[_3_] General Cooking 0 03-11-2009 08:33 PM
It's never too early [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-08-2007 05:34 AM