Old 08-05-2021, 07:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I made Garlic Potatoes today!

YUM!

It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:

5 lbs potatoes

4 cups 40% cream

1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)

Gruyere swiss cheese

Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)

In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.

Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.

Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!

We used to make it for my family's Thanksgiving Dinners.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Old 08-05-2021, 08:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

When was the last time you were invited to your family's
thanksgiving dinner?

Did you politely say **** you all, as a token of your appreciation?

Old 08-05-2021, 08:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 2:34:52 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

Back in the 1990s when I lived at Westminster. Big ole house in the CWE for the bargain basement price if $198.75/mo! Each!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Old 08-05-2021, 09:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

We used to make it for my family's Thanksgiving Dinners.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

When was the last time you were invited to your family's
thanksgiving dinner?

Did you politely say **** you all, as a token of your appreciation?

*GUFFAW* He probably uttered that after grace was said.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Old 08-05-2021, 09:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

We used to make it for my family's Thanksgiving Dinners.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

When was the last time you were invited to your family's
thanksgiving dinner?

Did you politely say **** you all, as a token of your appreciation?

*GUFFAW* He probably uttered that after grace was said.

Yes, say grace, ending with "**** you all, amen" Then a hearty
welcome to the little electric church in da Loo.

Then they probably played a fast and furious game of "Basket Bear"
to work off that heavy meal.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/8/2021 2:54 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
YUM!

It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:

5 lbs potatoes

4 cups 40% cream

1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)

Gruyere swiss cheese

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Lather, rinse, repeat. Serve with brown rice and not-baked beans.

Jill

Old 09-05-2021, 12:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 May 2021 11:54:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
wrote:

[...]

What family??

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...