Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Veg or lentil soup today

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 3:42:27 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Since I'm sober all the time, I generally expect that other
> > > people are, too.
> > >
> > > On reflection, getting drunk and sitting down to Usenet just
> > > seems really sad.

> > Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
> > puritan reverend.

> I'm not always 100% sober, but I can't remember the last time I was
> drunk.
>
> I bought a six-pack of beer last summer and I still have three left.
> I'm pretty sure my husband drank one of the three that have been
> consumed.

You're such party animals. The neighbours must be complaining a lot
about all the yahooing

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:30:52 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>I didn't think anyone there was NOT drunk. Are you the first person that isn't? Wow. I dont' know how you manage.

Me neither. One must brace oneself against 'the winds of shit'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4iDurCE3Yk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Cindy probably thinks I've been sober all this time. How
>>> free-spirited.

>> Since I'm sober all the time, I generally expect that other people
>> are, too.
>>
>> On reflection, getting drunk and sitting down to Usenet just seems
>> really sad.

> Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
> puritan reverend.

<*SNIFF*>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
>>> puritan reverend.

>> I'm not always 100% sober, but I can't remember the last time I was
>> drunk.
>>
>> I bought a six-pack of beer last summer and I still have three left.
>> I'm pretty sure my husband drank one of the three that have been
>> consumed.

> You're such party animals. The neighbours must be complaining a lot
> about all the yahooing

She's got a spec of feces still hanging. You missed that master.

Time to Re-sniff!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 6:32:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 4/26/2021 3:48 PM, wrote:

> >> Waaaa, whine, whine, big deal. Maybe I had a drink or two.
> >>

> > Maybe you had more than a drink or two.
> >

> No matter how many drinks the troll had,

Awww, back to the bruce trolls complaining. The bruce trolls are sooo sooo terrible. We know, Jill.

> canned soup was never a part of
> the equation. JanetB made chicken soup from scratch. She described in
> detail how she made the stock and what she added to the soup.

And all I said was to add other leftover chicken. Like adding chicken tenders to my favorite chicken with wild rice soup.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On reflection, getting drunk and sitting down to Usenet just seems
>> really sad.

What's sad about that, Cindy? It's called social drinking. That's what
most people do. Sitting at home in a chair and drinking all alone
sounds sad but reading and writing to RFC is socializing in a Covid-safe
way.

> Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
> puritan reverend.

Even Jesus drank and promoted wine. lol
All in moderation is the key.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2021 3:56 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I'm not always 100% sober, but I can't remember the last time I was
> drunk.

Definition of drunk can vary. The first sip starts it.

> I bought a six-pack of beer last summer and I still have three left.
> I'm pretty sure my husband drank one of the three that have been
> consumed.

That was just a waste of good beer then. How much wine or mixed drinks
have you had since then? Wine with dinner counts too. That helps your
food to taste better. lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > > On reflection, getting drunk and sitting down to Usenet just seems
> > > really sad.

> What's sad about that, Cindy? It's called social drinking. That's
> what most people do. Sitting at home in a chair and drinking all
> alone sounds sad but reading and writing to RFC is socializing in a
> Covid-safe way.
>
> > Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
> > puritan reverend.

> Even Jesus drank and promoted wine. lol
> All in moderation is the key.

Yes. A life without wine/beer/whiskey etc sounds very sad to me. And so
does a life with way too much of it.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> On 4/27/2021 3:56 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > I'm not always 100% sober, but I can't remember the last time I was
> > drunk.

> Definition of drunk can vary. The first sip starts it.

Even the longest march starts with one step.

> > I bought a six-pack of beer last summer and I still have three left.
> > I'm pretty sure my husband drank one of the three that have been
> > consumed.

> That was just a waste of good beer then. How much wine or mixed
> drinks have you had since then? Wine with dinner counts too. That
> helps your food to taste better. lol

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 7:47:16 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> On 4/27/2021 3:56 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > I'm not always 100% sober, but I can't remember the last time I was
> > drunk.

> Definition of drunk can vary. The first sip starts it.
> >
> > I bought a six-pack of beer last summer and I still have three left.
> > I'm pretty sure my husband drank one of the three that have been
> > consumed.

> That was just a waste of good beer then.

I assumed when I bought it that we'd drink the entire six-pack. Sometimes
life doesn't work out the way one thinks it will. I'm not about to drink
beer when I don't want to just so it won't go to waste.

> How much wine or mixed drinks
> have you had since then? Wine with dinner counts too. That helps your
> food to taste better. lol

I used to drink a lot. Six-pack a night. Then I tapered down to
occasional drinking. When I discovered that alcohol gave me
menopausal hot flashes, I pretty much quit because the cost/benefit
ratio wasn't favorable.

I've never been much of a wine drinker, and when I drink mixed
drinks I mix them pretty weak. Anything more than about 8%
alcohol just doesn't taste good to me.

In the last year, my entire alcohol consumption has been two beers
and a couple of shots of Bailey's Irish Cream.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2021 7:45 AM, Gary wrote:
> Dr. Bruce wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> On reflection, getting drunk and sitting down to Usenet just seems
>>> really sad.

> What's sad about that, Cindy? It's called social drinking. That's what
> most people do.Â* Sitting at home in a chair and drinking all alone
> sounds sad but reading and writing to RFC is socializing in a Covid-safe
> way.
>
>> Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
>> puritan reverend.

> Even Jesus drank and promoted wine. lol
> All in moderation is the key.

Nothing wrong with an occasional drink but getting drunk is the dumb
part. In my younger years I got drunk twice. It was a learning
experience never to be repeated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-28 7:56 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 7:47:16 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

>> How much wine or mixed drinks
>> have you had since then? Wine with dinner counts too. That helps your
>> food to taste better. lol

> I used to drink a lot. Six-pack a night. Then I tapered down to
> occasional drinking. When I discovered that alcohol gave me
> menopausal hot flashes, I pretty much quit because the cost/benefit
> ratio wasn't favorable.
>
> I've never been much of a wine drinker, and when I drink mixed
> drinks I mix them pretty weak. Anything more than about 8%
> alcohol just doesn't taste good to me.
>
> In the last year, my entire alcohol consumption has been two beers
> and a couple of shots of Bailey's Irish Cream.

I had slipped into the habit of a Manhattan every night, and often had a
second one, and then a glass of wine with dinner. After my incident
last summer I quite drinking entirely for a few months. I had a glass of
wine on my birthday and at Christmas. Lately I have been keeping it at
one beer and 1-2 glasses of wine a week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:25:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Nothing wrong with an occasional drink but getting drunk is the dumb
> part. In my younger years I got drunk twice. It was a learning
> experience never to be repeated.

Yahh, but you can't count the first time when you & your cousins ended up
showing off drinking strait from the bottle and then fighting over the
toilet to puke in later on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2021 4:33 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 6:32:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>>> Maybe you had more than a drink or two.
>>>

>> No matter how many drinks the troll had,

> Awww, back to the bruce trolls complaining. The bruce trolls are sooo sooo terrible. We know, Jill.
>
>> canned soup was never a part of
>> the equation. JanetB made chicken soup from scratch. She described in
>> detail how she made the stock and what she added to the soup.

> And all I said was to add other leftover chicken. Like adding chicken tenders to my favorite chicken with wild rice soup.

I ate a kids happy meal at McD's, his mom was furious.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2021 11:21 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:25:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Nothing wrong with an occasional drink but getting drunk is the dumb
>> part. In my younger years I got drunk twice. It was a learning
>> experience never to be repeated.

> Yahh, but you can't count the first time when you & your cousins ended up
> showing off drinking strait from the bottle and then fighting over the
> toilet to puke in later on.

My gene pool has a swim up bar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-28 11:21 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:25:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Nothing wrong with an occasional drink but getting drunk is the dumb
>> part. In my younger years I got drunk twice. It was a learning
>> experience never to be repeated.

> Yahh, but you can't count the first time when you & your cousins ended up
> showing off drinking strait from the bottle and then fighting over the
> toilet to puke in later on.

That made me think of a dirty stunt we pulled on a guy who was making a
big deal of slugging booze straight out of the bottle. atIn his case, it
was white wine.It was late night, in the woods and very dark and we were
sitting around a fire. Every once in a while we would pull his bottle
out of his stash and make a big deal of it. He left for a while and one
of the guys found his stash, drank the wine and then ****ed in the
bottle. When he came back we start to chant "Chug it Chug it... ". So we
went and got the bottle and took a big long slug of it before spitting
it out. We were 17 and it seemed pretty funny to us at the time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2021 12:33 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-28 11:21 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:25:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> Nothing wrong with an occasional drink but getting drunk is the dumb
>>> part.Â* In my younger years I got drunk twice.Â* It was a learning
>>> experience never to be repeated.

>> Yahh, but you can't count the first time when you & your cousins ended up
>> showing off drinking strait from the bottle and then fighting over the
>> toilet to puke in later on.
>>

> That made me think of a dirty stunt we pulled on a guy who was making a
> big deal of slugging booze straight out of the bottle. atIn his case, it
> was white wine.It was late night, in the woods and very dark and we were
> sitting around a fire.Â*Â*Â* Every once in a while we would pull his bottle
> out of his stash and make a big deal of it.Â* He left for a while and one
> of theÂ*Â* guys found his stash, drank the wine and then ****ed in the
> bottle. When he came back we start to chant "Chug it Chug it... ". So we
> went and got the bottle and took a big long slug of it before spitting
> it out. We were 17 and it seemed pretty funny to us at the time.

Didja tell him "urine, for a surprise"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Drunk twice in your ypounger years? Cindy and you are a match made in
heaven.Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 4/28/2021 7:45 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Dr. Bruce wrote:

> > What's sad about that, Cindy? It's called social drinking. That's
> > what most people do.Â* Sitting at home in a chair and drinking all
> > alone sounds sad but reading and writing to RFC is socializing in
> > a Covid-safe way.
> >
> > > Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
> > > puritan reverend.

> > Even Jesus drank and promoted wine. lol
> > All in moderation is the key.
> >

> Nothing wrong with an occasional drink but getting drunk is the dumb
> part. In my younger years I got drunk twice. It was a learning
> experience never to be repeated.

You're such a rascal.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 3:46:18 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Drunk twice in your ypounger years? Cindy and you are a match made in
> heaven.

Perhaps now. In my younger years, I was absolutely hammered more times
than I can count.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 3:46:18 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Drunk twice in your ypounger years? Cindy and you are a match made
> > in heaven.

> Perhaps now. In my younger years, I was absolutely hammered more
> times than I can count.

Oh good, you're human!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Drunk twice in your ypounger years? Cindy and you are a match made in
> heaven.Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> What's sad about that, Cindy? It's called social drinking. That's
>>> what most people do.Â* Sitting at home in a chair and drinking all
>>> alone sounds sad but reading and writing to RFC is socializing in
>>> a Covid-safe way.

>>> Even Jesus drank and promoted wine. lol
>>> All in moderation is the key.
>>>

>> Nothing wrong with an occasional drink but getting drunk is the dumb
>> part. In my younger years I got drunk twice. It was a learning
>> experience never to be repeated.

> You're such a rascal.

Pffffttt.

I ate beans last night.

Have a whiff master!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 6:46:05 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> >> On reflection, getting drunk and sitting down to Usenet just seems
> >> really sad.
> >>

> What's sad about that, Cindy? It's called social drinking. That's what
> most people do. Sitting at home in a chair and drinking all alone
> sounds sad but reading and writing to RFC is socializing in a Covid-safe
> way.

That's not social drinking, that's just drinking to get drunk and temporarily
forgetting your problems. What is it about the word 'social' do you not
understand?

> > Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
> > puritan reverend.

Dumbass.

> Even Jesus drank and promoted wine. lol
> All in moderation is the key.

Getting drunk and posting to Usenet or any online group is not
'in moderation.'
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 28, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
(in >):

> In the last year, my entire alcohol consumption has been two beers
> and a couple of shots of Bailey's Irish Cream.

I, personally, keep the Budweiser plant in Fairfield California operating.
I´m just doing my part in this grand experiment named America. I´m
welcome ;-)

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2021 7:50 AM, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> Dr. Bruce wrote:

>> What's sad about that, Cindy? It's called social drinking. That's
>> what most people do. Sitting at home in a chair and drinking all
>> alone sounds sad but reading and writing to RFC is socializing in a
>> Covid-safe way.
>>
>>> Always being 100% sober sounds very sad too. It's so teetotalling
>>> puritan reverend.

>> Even Jesus drank and promoted wine. lol
>> All in moderation is the key.

> Yes. A life without wine/beer/whiskey etc sounds very sad to me. And so
> does a life with way too much of it.

Knew a guy that was an alcoholic. If he opened the fridge and there was
a sixpack, he'd not bother. Not enough to get a good buzz. He
eventually found Jesus in jail.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Apr 28, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
> (in >):
>
> > In the last year, my entire alcohol consumption has been two beers
> > and a couple of shots of Bailey's Irish Cream.

> I, personally, keep the Budweiser plant in Fairfield California
> operating. I´m just doing my part in this grand experiment named
> America. I´m welcome ;-)

Cheers!

Australia can't export much wine to China anymore due to newly
introduced import tariffs. So I've offered to help increase domestic
consumption. I haven't heard back yet.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/04/2021 01:58, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 28, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
> (in >):
>
>> In the last year, my entire alcohol consumption has been two beers
>> and a couple of shots of Bailey's Irish Cream.

> I, personally, keep the Budweiser plant in Fairfield California operating.
> I´m just doing my part in this grand experiment named America. I´m
> welcome ;-)
>
> leo

===

<G> Good for you!!! Keep those company going well)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/04/2021 03:19, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Leo wrote:
>
>> On 2021 Apr 28, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
>> (in >):
>>
>>> In the last year, my entire alcohol consumption has been two beers
>>> and a couple of shots of Bailey's Irish Cream.

>> I, personally, keep the Budweiser plant in Fairfield California
>> operating. I´m just doing my part in this grand experiment named
>> America. I´m welcome ;-)

> Cheers!
>
> Australia can't export much wine to China anymore due to newly
> introduced import tariffs. So I've offered to help increase domestic
> consumption. I haven't heard back yet.

====

I am sure they will be grateful for you generousity

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> On 29/04/2021 03:19, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Leo wrote:
> >
> > > On 2021 Apr 28, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
> > > (in

> > > I, personally, keep the Budweiser plant in Fairfield California
> > > operating. I´m just doing my part in this grand experiment named
> > > America. I´m welcome ;-)

> > Cheers!
> >
> > Australia can't export much wine to China anymore due to newly
> > introduced import tariffs. So I've offered to help increase domestic
> > consumption. I haven't heard back yet.

> ====
>
> I am sure they will be grateful for you generousity

But the price hasn't gone down yet

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/04/2021 12:14, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Australia can't export much wine to China anymore due to newly
>>> introduced import tariffs. So I've offered to help increase domestic
>>> consumption. I haven't heard back yet.

>> ====
>>
>> I am sure they will be grateful for you generousity

> But the price hasn't gone down yet

====

Oh dear! Try to have some patience!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> On 29/04/2021 12:14, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> > > ====
> > >
> > > I am sure they will be grateful for you generousity

> > But the price hasn't gone down yet
> >

> ====
>
> Oh dear! Try to have some patience!

Yes, I should I think the price of wine is pushed down by the lack
of export to China, but pushed up again because so many vineyards got
burnt during the bushfires, 1.5 year ago.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/04/2021 19:55, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> But the price hasn't gone down yet
>>>

>> ====
>>
>> Oh dear! Try to have some patience!

> Yes, I should I think the price of wine is pushed down by the lack
> of export to China, but pushed up again because so many vineyards got
> burnt during the bushfires, 1.5 year ago.

====

Oh dear(((

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 7:08:39 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> On 4/28/2021 6:15 PM, wrote:
>
> > Getting drunk and posting to Usenet or any online group is not
> > 'in moderation.'
> >

> You're embarrassing yourself. You define drunk as black and white with
> no fractions inbetween. Perhaps you have a problem stopping after a few
> drinks.

Are you really and truly this stupid in real life or is this some sort of gag
you pull when on the internet??

> Or maybe you don't drink at all. In that case, you don't know what
> you're talking about.

I'm beginning to think you are a brother to Kuthe, the one they tried to
abort and failed but put out for adoption.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> On 29/04/2021 19:55, Dr. Bruce wrote:

>>> ====
>>>
>>> *** Oh dear!* Try to have some patience!

>> Yes, I should I think the price of wine is pushed down by the
>> lack
>> of export to China, but pushed up again because so many vineyards
>> got
>> burnt during the bushfires, 1.5 year ago.

> ====
>

> Oh dear(((

But the doctor heroically fought the blaze. In fact, his very
testicles were singed. He hasn't a hair left on either of his balls.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:39:32 PM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> On 29/04/2021 19:55, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> >> ====
> >>
> >> Oh dear! Try to have some patience!

> > Yes, I should I think the price of wine is pushed down by the lack
> > of export to China, but pushed up again because so many vineyards got
> > burnt during the bushfires, 1.5 year ago.

> Oh dear(((

But so many people have their own inherited wineries stashed away, that prices shouldn't be affected.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:39:32 PM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> > On 29/04/2021 19:55, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> > > Yes, I should I think the price of wine is pushed down by the
> > > lack of export to China, but pushed up again because so many
> > > vineyards got burnt during the bushfires, 1.5 year ago.

> > Oh dear(((

> But so many people have their own inherited wineries stashed away,
> that prices shouldn't be affected.

A lot burned. And I've only ever met one Australian who had his own
little vineyard.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net