Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A rare opportunity

My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.
>
> --Bryan

Ten?Â* They have those six pack deals, right?Â* Why waste two?!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:48:09 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the
> weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White
> Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where
> I'm going. Ten with extra onion.

They make them in pans of 5x8. Just get a whole pan of mushy
burgers for $5/lb.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 19:57:26 -0400, Alex wrote:

> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.

> Ten?* They have those six pack deals, right?* Why waste two?!

A 6-pack is only 5 ounces of meat.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:

> Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the
> > weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White Castle
> > has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm going.
> > Ten with extra onion.
> >
> > --Bryan

> Ten?Â* They have those six pack deals, right?Â* Why waste two?!

And why can't you open the windows when your wife's home? Would she fly
away?

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
>> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the
>>> weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White Castle
>>> has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm going.
>>> Ten with extra onion.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> Ten?Â* They have those six pack deals, right?Â* Why waste two?!

> And why can't you open the windows when your wife's home? Would she fly
> away?

Hurry, master, before his butt fumes escape out the windows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 6:57:37 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.
> >
> > --Bryan

> Ten? They have those six pack deals, right? Why waste two?!

This time it's the ten pack that's on sale.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:22:41 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Alex wrote:

> >> Ten? They have those six pack deals, right? Why waste two?!

> > And why can't you open the windows when your wife's home? Would she fly
> > away?
> >

> Hurry, master, before his butt fumes escape out the windows.

It might be more than he could handle.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/23/2021 5:48 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon,
> and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two.
> White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now.
> You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.
>
> --Bryan

All of the above sound good.
- wife gone for a couple of days
- open all windows, not just one or two
- I would buy 20 of those White Castle burgers for $11.98

I miss those "good ol' days" when I could buy 40 plain McDonald's
burgers for $10.00. That lasted 2-3 months around 1990.

:-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 7:37:00 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> On 4/23/2021 5:48 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon,
> > and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two.
> > White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now.
> > You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >

> All of the above sound good.
> - wife gone for a couple of days
> - open all windows, not just one or two
> - I would buy 20 of those White Castle burgers for $11.98
>
> I miss those "good ol' days" when I could buy 40 plain McDonald's
> burgers for $10.00. That lasted 2-3 months around 1990.

Now they're $1. I got 2 yesterday, and a free fry, since it was Friday.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 6:57:37 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon, and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> Ten? They have those six pack deals, right? Why waste two?!
>>

> This time it's the ten pack that's on sale.
> --Bryan

I miss White Castle.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 7:37:00 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> On 4/23/2021 5:48 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> My wife is going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon,
>>> and the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two.
>>> White Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now.
>>> You see where I'm going. Ten with extra onion.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> All of the above sound good.
>> - wife gone for a couple of days
>> - open all windows, not just one or two
>> - I would buy 20 of those White Castle burgers for $11.98
>>
>> I miss those "good ol' days" when I could buy 40 plain McDonald's
>> burgers for $10.00. That lasted 2-3 months around 1990.
>>

> Now they're $1. I got 2 yesterday, and a free fry, since it was Friday.
> --Bryan

No queso is no bueno!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 10:06:22 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> All of the above sound good.
> >> - wife gone for a couple of days
> >> - open all windows, not just one or two
> >> - I would buy 20 of those White Castle burgers for $11.98
> >>
> >> I miss those "good ol' days" when I could buy 40 plain McDonald's
> >> burgers for $10.00. That lasted 2-3 months around 1990.
> >>

> > Now they're $1. I got 2 yesterday, and a free fry, since it was Friday.
> > --Bryan

> No queso is no bueno!

I'm not crazy about cheese on burgers. I could take it or leave it. This
week double cheeseburgers are BOGO in the McD's app.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 10:05:12 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> Ten? They have those six pack deals, right? Why waste two?!
> >>

> > This time it's the ten pack that's on sale.
> > --Bryan

> I miss White Castle.

I miss Del Taco. Whenever I happen to be in a location that has a
Del Taco, I stop there. Think of WC as a rare treat when you're
traveling.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 10:06:22 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > McDonald's >> burgers for $10.00. That lasted 2-3 months around
> > 1990. >>
> > > Now they're $1. I got 2 yesterday, and a free fry, since it was
> > > Friday. --Bryan

> > No queso is no bueno!
> >

> I'm not crazy about cheese on burgers. I could take it or leave it.
> This week double cheeseburgers are BOGO in the McD's app.

Oh, that's wonderful! I'm going to emigrate! Don't eat them all!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 10:05:12 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White
> > Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm
> > going. Ten with extra onion. >>> >>> --Bryan >> Ten? They have
> > those six pack deals, right? Why waste two?! >>
> > > This time it's the ten pack that's on sale.
> > > --Bryan

> > I miss White Castle.
> >

> I miss Del Taco. Whenever I happen to be in a location that has a
> Del Taco, I stop there. Think of WC as a rare treat when you're
> traveling.

I guess that once you've lived your entire life eating junk, you miss
it when you can't get it?

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 5:50:21 AM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > the weather will be nice enough to open a window or two. White
> > > Castle has their burgers 10 for $5.99 right now. You see where I'm
> > > going. Ten with extra onion. >>> >>> --Bryan >> Ten? They have
> > > those six pack deals, right? Why waste two?! >>
> > > I miss White Castle.
> > >

> > I miss Del Taco. Whenever I happen to be in a location that has a
> > Del Taco, I stop there. Think of WC as a rare treat when you're
> > traveling.

> I guess that once you've lived your entire life eating junk, you miss
> it when you can't get it?

A simple bean & cheese burrito is not junk. Back when Del Taco was
here, I ate a lot more vegetarian meals.
https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan

> --
> The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 5:50:21 AM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > I miss Del Taco. Whenever I happen to be in a location that has a
> > > Del Taco, I stop there. Think of WC as a rare treat when you're
> > > traveling.

> > I guess that once you've lived your entire life eating junk, you
> > miss it when you can't get it?
> >

> A simple bean & cheese burrito is not junk. Back when Del Taco was
> here, I ate a lot more vegetarian meals.

https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan

Lol, this isnt junk?

" Tortilla (Burritos): Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour,
Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Thiamine), Riboflavin,
Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Interesterified Soybean Oil,
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, And/Or, Palm Oil), Contains 2% Or Less Of:
Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Sulfate, Corn
Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate, And/Or, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Calcium Sulfate), Dough Conditioners (Fumaric Acid, Sodium
Metabisulfite), Preservatives (Calcium Propionate (Preservative),
Sorbic Acid, And/Or, Citric Acid)
Beans: Pinto Beans, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Corn Maltodextrin,
Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast, Dried Soy Sauce
(Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Natural flavor, Caramel Color, - OR* -, Pinto
Beans, Salt, Contains 2% or Less of, Onions, Maltodextrin, Garlic,
Natural Flavor (Contains Tortula Yeast), Yeast Extract, Spices, Lactic
Acid, Calcium Lactate, Palm Oil, *Will Contain Either One Of The
Ingredient Statements, Depending Upon Regional Suppliers
Cheddar Cheese: Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes,
Annatto
Red Sauce: Water, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Chili Pepper
(Chili Pepper, Treated With, Ethoxyquin), Salt, Ground Dehydrated
Onions, Chopped Dehydrated Onions, Xanthan Gum, Oregano, Black Pepper,
Ground Red Pepper, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red Pepper"

<https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=menu_items&category=vegetarian-vegan#>

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 6:47:27 AM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > I guess that once you've lived your entire life eating junk, you
> > > miss it when you can't get it?
> > >

> > A simple bean & cheese burrito is not junk. Back when Del Taco was
> > here, I ate a lot more vegetarian meals.
> >

> https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan
> Lol, this isnt junk?
>

> " Tortilla (Burritos): Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour,
> Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Thiamine), Riboflavin,
> Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Interesterified Soybean Oil,
> Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, And/Or, Palm Oil), Contains 2% Or Less Of:
> Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Sulfate, Corn
> Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate, And/Or, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
> Calcium Sulfate), Dough Conditioners (Fumaric Acid, Sodium
> Metabisulfite), Preservatives (Calcium Propionate (Preservative),
> Sorbic Acid, And/Or, Citric Acid)
> Beans: Pinto Beans, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Corn Maltodextrin,
> Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast, Dried Soy Sauce
> (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Natural flavor, Caramel Color, - OR* -, Pinto
> Beans, Salt, Contains 2% or Less of, Onions, Maltodextrin, Garlic,
> Natural Flavor (Contains Tortula Yeast), Yeast Extract, Spices, Lactic
> Acid, Calcium Lactate, Palm Oil, *Will Contain Either One Of The
> Ingredient Statements, Depending Upon Regional Suppliers
> Cheddar Cheese: Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes,
> Annatto
> Red Sauce: Water, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Chili Pepper
> (Chili Pepper, Treated With, Ethoxyquin), Salt, Ground Dehydrated
> Onions, Chopped Dehydrated Onions, Xanthan Gum, Oregano, Black Pepper,
> Ground Red Pepper, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red Pepper"
>
> <https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=menu_items&category=vegetarian-vegan#>
> --
> The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Other than trivial amounts of crappy vegetable oils, identify any ingredients
you consider unhealthful.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 6:47:27 AM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > A simple bean & cheese burrito is not junk. Back when Del Taco
> > > was here, I ate a lot more vegetarian meals.

https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan
> > Lol, this isnt junk?
> >

> > " Tortilla (Burritos): Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour,
> > Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Thiamine), Riboflavin,
> > Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Interesterified Soybean
> > Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, And/Or, Palm Oil), Contains 2% Or
> > Less Of: Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum
> > Sulfate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate, And/Or, Sodium Acid
> > Pyrophosphate, Calcium Sulfate), Dough Conditioners (Fumaric Acid,
> > Sodium Metabisulfite), Preservatives (Calcium Propionate
> > (Preservative), Sorbic Acid, And/Or, Citric Acid)
> > Beans: Pinto Beans, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Corn Maltodextrin,
> > Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast, Dried Soy Sauce
> > (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Natural flavor, Caramel Color, - OR* -,
> > Pinto Beans, Salt, Contains 2% or Less of, Onions, Maltodextrin,
> > Garlic, Natural Flavor (Contains Tortula Yeast), Yeast Extract,
> > Spices, Lactic Acid, Calcium Lactate, Palm Oil, *Will Contain
> > Either One Of The Ingredient Statements, Depending Upon Regional
> > Suppliers Cheddar Cheese: Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt,
> > Enzymes, Annatto
> > Red Sauce: Water, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Chili Pepper
> > (Chili Pepper, Treated With, Ethoxyquin), Salt, Ground Dehydrated
> > Onions, Chopped Dehydrated Onions, Xanthan Gum, Oregano, Black
> > Pepper, Ground Red Pepper, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red
> > Pepper"

<https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=menu_items&category=vegetarian-vegan#>
> > --
> > The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
> >

> Other than trivial amounts of crappy vegetable oils, identify any
> ingredients you consider unhealthful.

Yes, you have a hangup about oil. Anyway, you'd make the Unabomber's
day if you brought him the above list of ingredients. For a humble
burrito! Get real!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:13:16 AM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:

> https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan
> > > Lol, this isnt junk?
> > >

> > > " Tortilla (Burritos): Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour,
> > > Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Thiamine), Riboflavin,
> > > Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Interesterified Soybean
> > > Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, And/Or, Palm Oil), Contains 2% Or
> > > Less Of: Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum
> > > Sulfate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate, And/Or, Sodium Acid
> > > Pyrophosphate, Calcium Sulfate), Dough Conditioners (Fumaric Acid,
> > > Sodium Metabisulfite), Preservatives (Calcium Propionate
> > > (Preservative), Sorbic Acid, And/Or, Citric Acid)
> > > Beans: Pinto Beans, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Corn Maltodextrin,
> > > Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast, Dried Soy Sauce
> > > (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Natural flavor, Caramel Color, - OR* -,
> > > Pinto Beans, Salt, Contains 2% or Less of, Onions, Maltodextrin,
> > > Garlic, Natural Flavor (Contains Tortula Yeast), Yeast Extract,
> > > Spices, Lactic Acid, Calcium Lactate, Palm Oil, *Will Contain
> > > Either One Of The Ingredient Statements, Depending Upon Regional
> > > Suppliers Cheddar Cheese: Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt,
> > > Enzymes, Annatto
> > > Red Sauce: Water, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Chili Pepper
> > > (Chili Pepper, Treated With, Ethoxyquin), Salt, Ground Dehydrated
> > > Onions, Chopped Dehydrated Onions, Xanthan Gum, Oregano, Black
> > > Pepper, Ground Red Pepper, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red
> > > Pepper"
> > >

> <https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=menu_items&category=vegetarian-vegan#>
> > > --
> > > The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
> > >

> > Other than trivial amounts of crappy vegetable oils, identify any
> > ingredients you consider unhealthful.

> Yes, you have a hangup about oil. Anyway, you'd make the Unabomber's
> day if you brought him the above list of ingredients. For a humble
> burrito! Get real!

What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list that's
particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 7:13:16 AM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:

> https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan
> > > Lol, this isnt junk?
> > >

> > > " Tortilla (Burritos): Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour,
> > > Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Thiamine), Riboflavin,
> > > Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Interesterified Soybean
> > > Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, And/Or, Palm Oil), Contains 2% Or
> > > Less Of: Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum
> > > Sulfate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate, And/Or, Sodium Acid
> > > Pyrophosphate, Calcium Sulfate), Dough Conditioners (Fumaric Acid,
> > > Sodium Metabisulfite), Preservatives (Calcium Propionate
> > > (Preservative), Sorbic Acid, And/Or, Citric Acid)
> > > Beans: Pinto Beans, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Corn Maltodextrin,
> > > Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast, Dried Soy Sauce
> > > (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Natural flavor, Caramel Color, - OR* -,
> > > Pinto Beans, Salt, Contains 2% or Less of, Onions, Maltodextrin,
> > > Garlic, Natural Flavor (Contains Tortula Yeast), Yeast Extract,
> > > Spices, Lactic Acid, Calcium Lactate, Palm Oil, *Will Contain
> > > Either One Of The Ingredient Statements, Depending Upon Regional
> > > Suppliers Cheddar Cheese: Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt,
> > > Enzymes, Annatto
> > > Red Sauce: Water, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Chili Pepper
> > > (Chili Pepper, Treated With, Ethoxyquin), Salt, Ground Dehydrated
> > > Onions, Chopped Dehydrated Onions, Xanthan Gum, Oregano, Black
> > > Pepper, Ground Red Pepper, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red
> > > Pepper"
> > >

> <https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=menu_items&category=vegetarian-vegan#>
> > > --
> > > The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
> > >

> > Other than trivial amounts of crappy vegetable oils, identify any
> > ingredients you consider unhealthful.

> Yes, you have a hangup about oil. Anyway, you'd make the Unabomber's
> day if you brought him the above list of ingredients.

A worthless non-answer. Kuthe could have written that if he were
still capable of writing like a grownup.

> --
> The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-25 6:38 a.m., Bryan Simmons wrote:

> I'm not crazy about cheese on burgers. I could take it or leave it. This
> week double cheeseburgers are BOGO in the McD's app.

I don't much care for the standard cheeseburger made with a slice of
cheese. What is much better is a burger with a chunk of blue cheese inside.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:27:43 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:13:16 AM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan

> > <https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=menu_items&category=vegetarian-vegan#>
> > > >
> > > Other than trivial amounts of crappy vegetable oils, identify any
> > > ingredients you consider unhealthful.

> > Yes, you have a hangup about oil. Anyway, you'd make the Unabomber's
> > day if you brought him the above list of ingredients. For a humble
> > burrito! Get real!

> What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list that's
> particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

That's a horrible thing to say.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 10:24:47 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:27:43 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=m...getarian-vegan

> > > <https://deltaco.com/index.php?page=menu_items&category=vegetarian-vegan#>

> > > Yes, you have a hangup about oil. Anyway, you'd make the Unabomber's
> > > day if you brought him the above list of ingredients. For a humble
> > > burrito! Get real!

> > What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list that's
> > particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

> That's a horrible thing to say.

It's a horrible thing to say that even the Unabomber couldn't make trouble
with the ingredients of a Del Taco vegetarian burrito?

You lost me there, friend.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 9:39:04 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 10:24:47 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list that's
> > > particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

> > That's a horrible thing to say.

> It's a horrible thing to say that even the Unabomber couldn't make trouble
> with the ingredients of a Del Taco vegetarian burrito?

He probably thinks you disrespected the Unabomber.

> You lost me there, friend.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:13:16 AM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > > Other than trivial amounts of crappy vegetable oils, identify any
> > > ingredients you consider unhealthful.

> > Yes, you have a hangup about oil. Anyway, you'd make the
> > Unabomber's day if you brought him the above list of ingredients.
> > For a humble burrito! Get real!

> What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list
> that's particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients, suddenly
made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food ingredients. That
tells me it's crap.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 10:24:47 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:27:43 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> > > What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list
> > > that's particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

> > That's a horrible thing to say.

> It's a horrible thing to say that even the Unabomber couldn't make
> trouble with the ingredients of a Del Taco vegetarian burrito?
>
> You lost me there, friend.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

He actually replied to you, so he basically said it's a horrible thing
to say that crappy vegetable oils are particularly flammable.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 1:59:06 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Yes, you have a hangup about oil. Anyway, you'd make the
> > > Unabomber's day if you brought him the above list of ingredients.
> > > For a humble burrito! Get real!

> > What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list
> > that's particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

> I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients, suddenly
> made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food ingredients. That
> tells me it's crap.

It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make bombs
out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 2:07:47 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 10:24:47 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > That's a horrible thing to say.

> > It's a horrible thing to say that even the Unabomber couldn't make
> > trouble with the ingredients of a Del Taco vegetarian burrito?
> >
> > You lost me there, friend.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> He actually replied to you, so he basically said it's a horrible thing
> to say that crappy vegetable oils are particularly flammable.

I know he replied to me. I'm not sure his reply indicates what you
think it does.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 1:59:06 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list
> > > that's particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

> > I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients,
> > suddenly made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food
> > ingredients. That tells me it's crap.

> It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make
> bombs out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I don't mean it that literally. When I say these are ingredients to
make a spaceship, not a muffin, I also don't mean that literally.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 3:06:28 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients,
> > > suddenly made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food
> > > ingredients. That tells me it's crap.

> > It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make
> > bombs out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I don't mean it that literally. When I say these are ingredients to
> make a spaceship, not a muffin, I also don't mean that literally.

But why the Unabomber in particular? Why not the spaceship
metaphor?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2021 12:11 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 3:06:28 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make
>>> bombs out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I don't mean it that literally. When I say these are ingredients to
>> make a spaceship, not a muffin, I also don't mean that literally.

> But why the Unabomber in particular? Why not the spaceship
> metaphor?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Maybe because with tacos, some sort of bomb comes to mind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 2:07:47 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > It's a horrible thing to say that even the Unabomber couldn't
> > > make trouble with the ingredients of a Del Taco vegetarian
> > > burrito?
> > >
> > > You lost me there, friend.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > He actually replied to you, so he basically said it's a horrible
> > thing to say that crappy vegetable oils are particularly flammable.

> I know he replied to me. I'm not sure his reply indicates what you
> think it does.

Me neither, but one can only try.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 3:06:28 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make
> > > bombs out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > I don't mean it that literally. When I say these are ingredients to
> > make a spaceship, not a muffin, I also don't mean that literally.

> But why the Unabomber in particular? Why not the spaceship
> metaphor?

I could also say "science project". Maybe I should vary more.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2021 3:03 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 1:59:06 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list
>>> that's particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

>> I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients, suddenly
>> made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food ingredients. That
>> tells me it's crap.

> It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make bombs
> out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Bruce just adores yammering on about fast food and posting ingredients
lists. He truly does seem to think most people who live in North
America eat that way all the time. (I've still no clue what the
Unibomber has to do with anything. Was he known for eating fast food
tacos?)

Bryan fell right into it, giving Bruce the chance to look up Del Taco
vegetarian burritos ingredients and start a rant.

First of all, not everyone eats crap fast food. Bruce would love to
think so and ignores discussions that involve actual freshly cooked food
even if it fits "vegetarian". He's got an agenda and he's sticking to it.

Anyone else notice Bruce *never* posts about what he cooks and eats?
He's here to chide and deride.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2021 3:03 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 1:59:06 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list
>>> that's particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

>> I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients, suddenly
>> made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food ingredients. That
>> tells me it's crap.

> It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make bombs
> out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Eat three or more and the next morning you can hear the explosions.
Could crack the porcelain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/25/2021 3:03 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients,
> > > suddenly made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food
> > > ingredients. That tells me it's crap.

> > It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make
> > bombs out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Bruce just adores yammering on about fast food and posting
> ingredients lists.

Maybe once a week. Not as often as some of all y'all like to frame me
with.

> He truly does seem to think most people who live
> in North America eat that way all the time.

I don't think that. There are multiple sides to the US (and to any
other country). The big health food movement started in California.

> (I've still no clue what the Unibomber has to do with anything. Was
> he known for eating fast food tacos?)

You're being too literal

> Bryan fell right into it, giving Bruce the chance to look up Del Taco
> vegetarian burritos ingredients and start a rant.

A rant? One post is a rant? Help, I'm being framed!

> First of all, not everyone eats crap fast food. Bruce would love to
> think so and ignores discussions that involve actual freshly cooked
> food even if it fits "vegetarian".

Let me share a fascinating fresh food story with all y'all. All y'all
will be interested to know that I recently had a problem making tempeh.
Due to the weather cooling down, my tempeh process was being interfered
with by condensation. It caused water to drip into the tempeh as it was
fermenting, making it go black and foul. I have solved this problem by
cutting the ziplock bag open, halfway during the process. That way
things can dry rather than condensate and I made 2 batches of beautiful
tempeh yesterday. Yay!

> He's got an agenda and he's sticking to it.
>
> Anyone else notice Bruce never posts about what he cooks and eats?
> He's here to chide and deride.

Only when it's deserved. There are plenty of people here who(m) I never
chide nor deride.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-25 3:03 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 1:59:06 PM UTC-4, Dr. Bruce wrote:

>>> What is it with you and the Unabomber? The only thing on the list
>>> that's particularly flammable is the crappy vegetable oils.

>> I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients, suddenly
>> made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food ingredients. That
>> tells me it's crap.

> It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make bombs
> out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.

I don't know about that. I had a beef burrito from Taco Bell one night.
It was the end of an afternoon shift and I was starving. Taco Bell was
just a couple doors down from the office. I woke up at about 4 am
feeling like I was about to explode.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> > > I hate to see an item that's normally made with 5 ingredients,
> > > suddenly made with 15 ingredients, many of which are not food
> > > ingredients. That tells me it's crap.

> > It's crap. But how does the Unabomber fit into it? You can't make
> > bombs out of the stuff in Del Taco burritos.
> >

> I don't know about that. I had a beef burrito from Taco Bell one
> night. It was the end of an afternoon shift and I was starving. Taco
> Bell was just a couple doors down from the office. I woke up at
> about 4 am feeling like I was about to explode.

So what I said made more sense than I realised!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Opportunity? gloria p Preserving 8 21-02-2012 03:14 PM
Missed *that* opportunity Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 1 21-03-2010 06:38 PM
max international, mlm business opportunity, MaxGXL, networkmarketing opportunity , Max GXL, MaxWLX, Max N-fuze, Max WLX, m[_2_] Sourdough 0 19-09-2009 06:08 PM
This is an opportunity. Take it! Kitchen Nitemare General Cooking 0 27-12-2007 04:33 PM
Redigaffi 2000 100Rp RARE..RARE wine renato Wine 0 15-02-2007 07:34 PM