Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I needed some Emergency Food today!

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:19:09 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> > My laundry room is an enclosed porch, mainly composed of windows.
> > It's filled with birdsong: Mother Gaia's finest orchestra.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Jesus Christ,don't you start banging on about ****ing Mother Gaia.

John is the one who is truly "****ing Mother Gaia." Every time he uses
coal generated electricity rather than gasoline or natural gas he is
"****ing Mother Gaia."

> Janet UK

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 9:19:09 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> > My laundry room is an enclosed porch, mainly composed of windows.
> > It's filled with birdsong: Mother Gaia's finest orchestra.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Jesus Christ,don't you start banging on about ****ing Mother Gaia.

I was being sarcastic. Sorry I didn't indicate that textually.

Really, I can't imaging spending enough time in the laundry room to
warrant any kind of sound system. Or perhaps Kuthe is simply referring
to his entire basement.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:01:08 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 9:31:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 7:58:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > > One thing is for sure. Those tile roofed houses, and houses in the
> > > neighborhoods where they exist are not teardowns. John is upside
> > > down because he overpaid, but his house was built right.

> > > --Bryan

> > This is my Retirement Home!

You should be working in a retirement home where your pervert hands
wouldn't have the opportunity to touch children.

> > With a beautiful RESTORED Red Clay Tile 100Year Roof.

> The parts of it that are new, anyway. The reused tiles won't last that long; they're
> already near the end of their life.

The tiles can be reused. They last hundreds of years.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:07:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:01:08 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > This is my Retirement Home!

> You should be working in a retirement home where your pervert hands
> wouldn't have the opportunity to touch children.
> > > With a beautiful RESTORED Red Clay Tile 100Year Roof.

> > The parts of it that are new, anyway. The reused tiles won't last that long; they're
> > already near the end of their life.
> >

> The tiles can be reused. They last hundreds of years.

If that's the case, why did the roofer have to replace so many tiles?

If those are terracotta tiles, their lifespan is about 100 years, maybe a bit
more. Aren't those reused tiles already 90 years old at least?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:12:57 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:07:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> > You should be working in a retirement home where your pervert hands
> > wouldn't have the opportunity to touch children.
> > >
> > > The parts of it that are new, anyway. The reused tiles won't last that long; they're
> > > already near the end of their life.
> > >

> > The tiles can be reused. They last hundreds of years.

> If that's the case, why did the roofer have to replace so many tiles?
>
> If those are terracotta tiles, their lifespan is about 100 years, maybe a bit
> more. Aren't those reused tiles already 90 years old at least?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I've always heard that clay tiles last virtually forever unless damaged. There
are a lot of houses in StL that have them. Maybe I heard wrong.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:20:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:12:57 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > You should be working in a retirement home where your pervert hands
> > > wouldn't have the opportunity to touch children.

> > > The tiles can be reused. They last hundreds of years.

> > If that's the case, why did the roofer have to replace so many tiles?
> >
> > If those are terracotta tiles, their lifespan is about 100 years, maybe a bit
> > more. Aren't those reused tiles already 90 years old at least?
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I've always heard that clay tiles last virtually forever unless damaged. There
> are a lot of houses in StL that have them. Maybe I heard wrong.
>
> --Bryan

Freeze/thaw is rough on them. That's one reason I'm happy with asphalt shingles.
Sure, they only last 30 years, but for the $120,000 that Kuthe spent on his roof,
I can have mine re-roofed 20 times. (Well, probably fewer, when you take inflation
into account, but still...)

My house would look wonderful with a slate roof, but there's not nearly enough
roof structure to support that kind of weight.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:30:11 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:20:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> > > If that's the case, why did the roofer have to replace so many tiles?
> > >
> > > If those are terracotta tiles, their lifespan is about 100 years, maybe a bit
> > > more. Aren't those reused tiles already 90 years old at least?
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > I've always heard that clay tiles last virtually forever unless damaged. There
> > are a lot of houses in StL that have them. Maybe I heard wrong.
> >
> > --Bryan

> Freeze/thaw is rough on them. That's one reason I'm happy with asphalt shingles.
> Sure, they only last 30 years, but for the $120,000 that Kuthe spent on his roof,
> I can have mine re-roofed 20 times. (Well, probably fewer, when you take inflation
> into account, but still...)
>
> My house would look wonderful with a slate roof, but there's not nearly enough
> roof structure to support that kind of weight.

We're getting our roof done next month. We haven't selected the roofer yet, but
we have chosen the shingles. The Santa Fe color.
https://www.buildsite.com/pdf/certai...re-1814262.pdf

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:40:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:30:11 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I've always heard that clay tiles last virtually forever unless damaged. There
> > > are a lot of houses in StL that have them. Maybe I heard wrong.
> > >
> > > --Bryan

> > Freeze/thaw is rough on them. That's one reason I'm happy with asphalt shingles.
> > Sure, they only last 30 years, but for the $120,000 that Kuthe spent on his roof,
> > I can have mine re-roofed 20 times. (Well, probably fewer, when you take inflation
> > into account, but still...)
> >
> > My house would look wonderful with a slate roof, but there's not nearly enough
> > roof structure to support that kind of weight.
> >

> We're getting our roof done next month. We haven't selected the roofer yet, but
> we have chosen the shingles. The Santa Fe color.
> https://www.buildsite.com/pdf/certai...re-1814262.pdf

Nice.

I like doing stuff to the house. Every time I look at it, I say, "That was so worth it."

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-29 11:19 a.m., Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:12:57 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

If that's the case, why did the roofer have to replace so many tiles?

>> If those are terracotta tiles, their lifespan is about 100 years, maybe a bit
>> more. Aren't those reused tiles already 90 years old at least?
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I've always heard that clay tiles last virtually forever unless damaged. There
> are a lot of houses in StL that have them. Maybe I heard wrong.

They can be expected to last 100 years, though the plywood underneath
might deteriorate before the tiles fail. I have to ask which is a
better deal, a shingled roof that costs $6-7,000 every 25 years, or a
tile roof that costs ten times as much and lasts 4 times longer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:59:40 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-04-29 11:19 a.m., Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:12:57 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> If that's the case, why did the roofer have to replace so many tiles?
>>>
>>> If those are terracotta tiles, their lifespan is about 100 years, maybe a bit
>>> more. Aren't those reused tiles already 90 years old at least?
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> I've always heard that clay tiles last virtually forever unless damaged. There
>> are a lot of houses in StL that have them. Maybe I heard wrong.
>>

>They can be expected to last 100 years, though the plywood underneath
>might deteriorate before the tiles fail. I have to ask which is a
>better deal, a shingled roof that costs $6-7,000 every 25 years, or a
>tile roof that costs ten times as much and lasts 4 times longer.

The best buy in roofing is a metal roof... lasts practically forever
and styles are limitless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:01:08 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 9:31:48 PM UTC-4,
> > wrote:

> > > This is my Retirement Home!

> You should be working in a retirement home where your pervert hands
> wouldn't have the opportunity to touch children.

Scorned lover is scorned.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:53:07 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:40:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> > > Freeze/thaw is rough on them. That's one reason I'm happy with asphalt shingles.
> > > Sure, they only last 30 years, but for the $120,000 that Kuthe spent on his roof,
> > > I can have mine re-roofed 20 times. (Well, probably fewer, when you take inflation
> > > into account, but still...)
> > >
> > > My house would look wonderful with a slate roof, but there's not nearly enough
> > > roof structure to support that kind of weight.
> > >

> > We're getting our roof done next month. We haven't selected the roofer yet, but
> > we have chosen the shingles. The Santa Fe color.
> > https://www.buildsite.com/pdf/certai...re-1814262.pdf

> Nice.
>
> I like doing stuff to the house. Every time I look at it, I say, "That was so worth it."
>
> Cindy Hamilton

These shingles have a super high solar reflective index, and summers get really
hot in StL.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 2:09:58 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:01:08 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > You should be working in a retirement home where your pervert hands
> > wouldn't have the opportunity to touch children.

> Scorned lover is scorned.

No no believes the ass-sniffing troll.

> --
> The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:53:07 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> > I like doing stuff to the house. Every time I look at it, I say,
> > "That was so worth it."
> >

> These shingles have a super high solar reflective index, and summers
> get really hot in StL.

Pussy.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/04/2021 17:53, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
..

> I like doing stuff to the house. Every time I look at it, I say, "That was so worth it."

Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said 'you
won't get any light coming in there'.
They were both wrong. It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was
certainly more expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both
materials and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 9:45:22 AM UTC-10, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 29/04/2021 17:53, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> .
> >
> > I like doing stuff to the house. Every time I look at it, I say, "That was so worth it."
> >

> Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
> architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said 'you
> won't get any light coming in there'.
> They were both wrong. It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was
> certainly more expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both
> materials and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

My brother-in-laws did our bathroom. Late in the project, I got the idea to put 3 glass bricks in the wall. It was a pretty good idea because I get some light in the bath during the day. We also get to see from our bedroom when someone is in there. Additionally, glass bricks are always pretty cool.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-29 4:02 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 9:45:22 AM UTC-10, S Viemeister
>
>> Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
>> architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said
>> 'you won't get any light coming in there'. They were both wrong.
>> It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was certainly more
>> expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both materials
>> and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

> My brother-in-laws did our bathroom. Late in the project, I got the
> idea to put 3 glass bricks in the wall. It was a pretty good idea
> because I get some light in the bath during the day. We also get to
> see from our bedroom when someone is in there. Additionally, glass
> bricks are always pretty cool.

Wow. I have not seen glass bricks for years. My grandparents had them
between the toilet and the bathtub in their main bathroom. That house
was built in the late 40s.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 2:45:22 PM UTC-5, S Viemeister wrote:

> Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
> architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said 'you
> won't get any light coming in there'.
> They were both wrong. It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was
> certainly more expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both
> materials and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

A window in ANY room will add welcome daylight; even a small window.
It sounds like the architect didn't want to take the time to draw up plans
for a window. Plus the mason didn't want to spend the extra time it
took to install it. Your shower room would have just been a dungeon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:57:50 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 4:02 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 9:45:22 AM UTC-10, S Viemeister
> >
> >> Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
> >> architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said
> >> 'you won't get any light coming in there'. They were both wrong.
> >> It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was certainly more
> >> expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both materials
> >> and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

> > My brother-in-laws did our bathroom. Late in the project, I got the
> > idea to put 3 glass bricks in the wall. It was a pretty good idea
> > because I get some light in the bath during the day. We also get to
> > see from our bedroom when someone is in there. Additionally, glass
> > bricks are always pretty cool.
> >

> Wow. I have not seen glass bricks for years. My grandparents had them
> between the toilet and the bathtub in their main bathroom. That house
> was built in the late 40s.

I have seen those bricks used in the way you describe. It's quite a old-timey look. You're right that glass bricks aren't used much these days. Perhaps they'll get popular again one day. The office I used to have had the front desk wall trimmed with rounded glass bricks. It's just a detail that moves an architectural element into something better. When my office was flooded and we gutted it, I realized that I should have salvaged those bricks. Too bad, it was long gone. My guess is somebody grabbed it. I love those bricks but you just can't stick them anywhere.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2021 10:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/28/2021 10:23 PM, Dr. Bruce wrote:
>> Bryan Simmons wrote:

>>> Those ceramic tile roofs generally last 100 years or so, vs. 40 years
>>> for top quality architectural shingles.Â* They are quite attractive,
>>> and are popular in StL in high quality houses built pre-Depression.
>>> My nephew made the same mistake as John, buying a tile roofed house
>>> at the end of its roof life without realizing what it would cost to
>>> replace the roof.Â* It is a duplex.
>>>

>> https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3.../3020897_zpid/
>>

>> It's not a bad looking style of houses, but they must be very dark and
>> gloomy inside.
>>

> Not only do they have small windows, many houses built in that era had a
> lot of dark wood trim.Â* Much was very elegant and done by skilled finish
> carpenters, but not bright.

The idea of "open concept" didn't exist back then. Homes of that era
had separate rooms for everything so no light flowed through any windows
from one room to the next. That's just the way things were built back then.

My paternal grandmother's house was built around 1911. There was a lot
of gorgeous woodwork inside but it was dark. IIRC it was mahogany. The
dining room had beautiful built-ins; glass-fronted cabinets for storing
dishes and glassware and cabinets and drawers below for storing table
linens, napkins, silverware/flatware/tableware. The staircase was
mahogany and there were built-in laundry chutes from the 2nd floor to
the basement where the old wringer-type washing machine used to be.
(Grandma did eventually replace that old thing.) The windows were
fairly large but as I said, since all the rooms were separate it always
felt dark inside the house.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:20:54 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-04-29 5:07 p.m., wrote:
> >
> > A window in ANY room will add welcome daylight; even a small window.
> > It sounds like the architect didn't want to take the time to draw up plans
> > for a window. Plus the mason didn't want to spend the extra time it
> > took to install it. Your shower room would have just been a dungeon.
> >

> Sky lights are nice too. Our family room has windows on the north and on
> the east sides, but there it always seemed a little gloomy back here. I
> needed to do the roof on it and we had a friend who had worked as a
> roofer and he offered to help me if I would help him and a couple
> friends do his roof. We has stripped off the shingles and he told me
> that if I had ever wanted a skylight there, that was the time to do it.
> We kept un shingling while I scooted over to the building supply store
> and picked up a skylight. When I got back we installed it and finished
> the shingling. Here were are about 30 years later and I am still
> delighted by how much cheerier the room is.

Yes, they are great and I'm surprised they're not used more. Windows or
skylights keep rooms from looking like tombs.

I know I mentioned it a few weeks ago about having transom windows
installed in the second bath and in the walk-in closet. Either of those
rooms would have gloomy and always requiring a light be turned on
even during the day without those windows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 3:45 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 29/04/2021 17:53, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> .
>>
>> I like doing stuff to the house.Â* Every time I look at it, I say,
>> "That was so worth it."
>>

> Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
> architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said 'you
> won't get any light coming in there'.
> They were both wrong. It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was
> certainly more expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both
> materials and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

Your were smart.

My shower has a window 3' x 2' that start 5.5' off the floor. Faces
east so mornings are very bright.

I can't take credit for it as every house in the development has one but
great idea.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:57:50 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 4:02 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 9:45:22 AM UTC-10, S Viemeister
> >
> >> Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
> >> architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said
> >> 'you won't get any light coming in there'. They were both wrong.
> >> It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was certainly more
> >> expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both materials
> >> and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

> > My brother-in-laws did our bathroom. Late in the project, I got the
> > idea to put 3 glass bricks in the wall. It was a pretty good idea
> > because I get some light in the bath during the day. We also get to
> > see from our bedroom when someone is in there. Additionally, glass
> > bricks are always pretty cool.
> >

> Wow. I have not seen glass bricks for years. My grandparents had them
> between the toilet and the bathtub in their main bathroom. That house
> was built in the late 40s.

You can get them made of light(er) weight acrylic now. When we built
my husband's workshop, he wanted natural light, but didn't want anybody
to be able to look through the windows and see all the cool (expensive)
stuff he has. We put in a bunch of "glass" block windows, which can be
purchased as a ready-to-install unit (no mortar or grout required).

Although the shop is air-conditioned, if he wants ventilation he can
open the front "garage" and back "man" doors.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> The idea of "open concept" didn't exist back then.

My 1947 ranch is open-ish. A 5-foot opening from the living room to the
dining room; turn the corner and a 5-foot opening from the dining room to
the kitchen. Given that the dining room and kitchen are both about 9x9 feet,
that's considerable openness.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> I can't imagine having a bathroom without a window. I have been enough
> windowless bathrooms over the years to know what they are like. One of
> my great morning pleasures is to stand at the toilet and look out the
> window and see the layers of green with the different types of trees
> growing behind us.

"stand at the toilet and look out the window" while you are ****ing all
over the floor. If you are a macho man and claim you don't, you've never
cleaned that bathroom yourself.

A bathroom with a window is nice but a shower area with one is dumb.
I've had both bathrooms with windows and without. No problem without a
window, just use bright light bulbs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 7:54:08 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> > I can't imagine having a bathroom without a window. I have been enough
> > windowless bathrooms over the years to know what they are like. One of
> > my great morning pleasures is to stand at the toilet and look out the
> > window and see the layers of green with the different types of trees
> > growing behind us.

> "stand at the toilet and look out the window" while you are ****ing all
> over the floor. If you are a macho man and claim you don't, you've never
> cleaned that bathroom yourself.

I'm always the one who cleans the bathroom, and almost always the one
who cleans the kitchen. My wife is almost always the one who does the,
dishwasher loading and almost always the one who does the cat box. I do
the hand wash dishes because the no-stick ceramic can't go in the
dishwasher.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2021 8:53 AM, Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>> I can't imagine having a bathroom without a window. I have been enough
>> windowless bathrooms over the years to know what they are like.Â* One of
>> my great morning pleasures is to stand at the toilet and look out the
>> window and see the layers of green with the different types of trees
>> growing behind us.

> "stand at the toilet and look out the window" while you are ****ing all
> over the floor. If you are a macho man and claim you don't, you've never
> cleaned that bathroom yourself.
>
> A bathroom with a window is nice but a shower area with one is dumb.
> I've had both bathrooms with windows and without. No problem without a
> window, just use bright light bulbs.

Why is it dumb?
Sure, a standard double hung window like the living room would be but
your blanket statement covers all windows.

If it is high enough for privacy, does not get splashed, lets in plenty
of natural light.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 10:38:53 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Sure, a standard double hung window like the living room would be

A million years ago, I rented an apartment that had a standard double-hung
window in the shower/bath. It had a cafe curtain that was made out of
vinyl, like a shower curtain.

I just Googled the address. The window is still there. It was a quirky building,
and I was a little sorry to leave it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>On 4/30/2021 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>> I can't imagine having a bathroom without a window. I have been enough
>>> windowless bathrooms over the years to know what they are like.* One of
>>> my great morning pleasures is to stand at the toilet and look out the
>>> window and see the layers of green with the different types of trees
>>> growing behind us.

>> "stand at the toilet and look out the window" while you are ****ing all
>> over the floor. If you are a macho man and claim you don't, you've never
>> cleaned that bathroom yourself.
>>
>> A bathroom with a window is nice but a shower area with one is dumb.
>> I've had both bathrooms with windows and without. No problem without a
>> window, just use bright light bulbs.

>Why is it dumb?
>Sure, a standard double hung window like the living room would be but
>your blanket statement covers all windows.
>
>If it is high enough for privacy, does not get splashed, lets in plenty
>of natural light.

Our bathroom windows are extra large double hung at the back of the
house, and no curtains, there's no one for miles who can look in other
than critters.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >>
> >> "stand at the toilet and look out the window" while you are ****ing all
> >> over the floor. If you are a macho man and claim you don't, you've never
> >> cleaned that bathroom yourself.
> >>
> >> A bathroom with a window is nice but a shower area with one is dumb.
> >> I've had both bathrooms with windows and without. No problem without a
> >> window, just use bright light bulbs.

> >Why is it dumb?
> >Sure, a standard double hung window like the living room would be but
> >your blanket statement covers all windows.
> >
> >If it is high enough for privacy, does not get splashed, lets in plenty
> >of natural light.

> Our bathroom windows are extra large double hung at the back of the
> house, and no curtains, there's no one for miles who can look in other
> than critters.

At night time, that must be scary as SHIT.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 May 2021 05:56:23 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>> >Why is it dumb?
>> >Sure, a standard double hung window like the living room would be but
>> >your blanket statement covers all windows.
>> >
>> >If it is high enough for privacy, does not get splashed, lets in plenty
>> >of natural light.

>> Our bathroom windows are extra large double hung at the back of the
>> house, and no curtains, there's no one for miles who can look in other
>> than critters.

>At night time, that must be scary as SHIT.

There are always deer looking in, hoping for snacks... critters aren't
scarry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Sat, 1 May 2021 05:56:23 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:
>
> > At night time, that must be scary as SHIT.

> There are always deer looking in, hoping for snacks... critters aren't
> scarry.

Only if they've been fighting.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> We're getting our roof done next month. We haven't selected the roofer yet, but
> we have chosen the shingles.

No brainer, Bryan. Call Old World Roofing.