Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rip Alex Trebek

On 2021-04-09 10:22 a.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 09:03:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> Jack Reacher's size is a very important aspect of the character. It is
>>> emphasized in every book. He is 6'5" and 250 pounds. He is a man
>>> mountain. He is also badly scarred from all the fights he has been in
>>> and recovered from.

>> Honestly, from what I remember of the character in the movie
>> the only thing memorable about the character was... nothing.
>> Just another action hero using his "very particular set of skills".
>> Might as well blame the script as the actor.
>>
>> CindyHamilton

> I find the Tom Cruisse movies very hard to follow. Maybe it is
> because of all the 'action' instead of dialog. Actually, his dialog
> seems to be lacking as well.
> Janet US

along with his character!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-04-09 7:48 a.m., Gary wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:
> > > I am still not quite sure what it is the Kardashians do that
> > > makes them celebrities, or why anyone even cares about them.Â* For
> > > some reason there are a number of celebrities who are famous for
> > > being famous but having no real talent. Paris Hilton would be
> > > another.

> > Reality shows like to feature odd people and lots of personal drama.
> > A show entitled, "Julie" would be a big hit, imo.
> >
> > There ya go Dave. I mentioned her again. I won't let you forget her.
> >

> Of course you had to bring up her name. You were one of those who
> claimed that if she left the group we would still be talking about
> her and running her down. Every time she left for a while you and a
> couple others were post something about her to bait us to talk about
> her.

Who's "her"? Julie? Are you still going on about her? Just as predicted.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Reality shows like to feature odd people and lots of personal drama.
>>> A show entitled, "Julie" would be a big hit, imo.
>>>
>>> There ya go Dave. I mentioned her again. I won't let you forget her.
>>>

>> Of course you had to bring up her name. You were one of those who
>> claimed that if she left the group we would still be talking about
>> her and running her down. Every time she left for a while you and a
>> couple others were post something about her to bait us to talk about
>> her.

> Who's "her"? Julie? Are you still going on about her? Just as predicted.

Doctor, you have been going on about julie since she left the last
time, She'll be back again, and you can lick her ass again!

<*SNIFF*>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-09 12:37 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2021-04-09 10:21 a.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:

>> Tom Cruise doesn't cut it as Tom Cruise.

> Agreed! He couldn't act his way out of a parking ticket!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwud05YMHI
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/9/2021 10:06 AM, GM wrote:
> On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 8:59:10 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Reality shows like to feature odd people and lots of personal drama.
>>> A show entitled, "Julie" would be a big hit, imo.
>>>
>>> There ya go Dave. I mentioned her again. I won't let you forget her.
>>>

>> Of course you had to bring up her name. You were one of those who
>> claimed that if she left the group we would still be talking about her
>> and running her down. Every time she left for a while you and a couple
>> others were post something about her to bait us to talk about her. It
>> didn't work. When I pointed out how obvious it was that you were doing
>> it you came up with the story about how you only did it to tease us. It
>> is much like the times you got called out over stuff and said that you
>> were only kidding.

> Gary is playing you for a fool, and he is succeeding quite well at it...

Yep, I tease Dave about Julie and I am baiting him. He responds every
time too. lol

It's funny to watch some here get angry over nothing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Well there you go. That's because they left out a major dimension of the
> Reacher character. He is huge, and very strong. If you read the books
> you will see how frequently his size is addressed and how it affects the
> plot. He is not a guy who can hide in a crowd. He is big enough to
> absorb the damage done to him in the man fights he gets into, and his
> many scars are an indicator of what he has been through... and survived.
> Tom Cruise just doesn't cut it as Reacher.

And for similar reasons, Dr.Oz doesn't cut it as Alex Trebek.
I doubt Julie would make a good host either, Dave.

Drew Carey might make a good one but only if they offer him more money
than "The Price is Right."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 07:26:17 -0400, Gary wrote:

> It's funny to watch some here get angry over nothing.

Careful. That's how bruce started, and look at him now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 7:27:13 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> > Well there you go. That's because they left out a major dimension of the
> > Reacher character. He is huge, and very strong. If you read the books
> > you will see how frequently his size is addressed and how it affects the
> > plot. He is not a guy who can hide in a crowd. He is big enough to
> > absorb the damage done to him in the man fights he gets into, and his
> > many scars are an indicator of what he has been through... and survived.
> > Tom Cruise just doesn't cut it as Reacher.

> And for similar reasons, Dr.Oz doesn't cut it as Alex Trebek.
> I doubt Julie would make a good host either, Dave.
>
> Drew Carey might make a good one but only if they offer him more money
> than "The Price is Right."

Will Smith. But I doubt he'd take the gig.

Cindy Hamilton