Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The good stuff

On 2021-04-07 1:59 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 2:21:48 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>> We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway.
>>> Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to
>>> be suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of
>>> the windshield. I found 3 the other day and one yesterday.
>>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

>> I'd eat the chicken and buy my eggs. That chicken is scratching
>> your SUV all to hell. Not only that, out of 3 eggs, two were
>> broken.

> I don't mind the scratches - the whole car is pretty beat up. Laying
> eggs on my car is tricky business. There was an egg on the car
> yesterday but one had rolled off the hood. The idea of eating our
> fine, feathered, friends is not an appealing one. OTOH, we're just
> one disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.

Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
mess of the car.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:26:40 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-07 1:59 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd eat the chicken and buy my eggs. That chicken is scratching
> >> your SUV all to hell. Not only that, out of 3 eggs, two were
> >> broken.

> > I don't mind the scratches - the whole car is pretty beat up. Laying
> > eggs on my car is tricky business. There was an egg on the car
> > yesterday but one had rolled off the hood. The idea of eating our
> > fine, feathered, friends is not an appealing one. OTOH, we're just
> > one disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.
> >

> Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
> reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
> mess of the car.

I wish I had a Ginomobile. Ha ha, just kidding. I don't have enough disposable income.
My friend had a neighbor's cat put some scratches on his Dodge Hellcat's hood. It cost him over a thousand bucks to have his hood repainted. When he talked to his neighbor, the neighbor said "It's my wife's cat - I hate that ****ing cat." He said to feel free to kill that cat if he wants. I'd just leave the scratches in. What can be better than a hellcat putting his autograph on a Hellcat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 08:19:39 -0700 (PDT), Mary Iwaoka
> wrote:

>Things used to be worse a few years ago. We used to have chickens and cats in the parking lot. These days, it's just chickens. My guess is that some people have stewed these chickens. I haven't heard anyone doing that though. I sometimes see kids chasing the chickens down and walking around with a chicken under their arms. I'm guessing they're keeping them as pets. I wouldn't eat those birds - I find then cute as heck.
>
>https://www.hawaii-aloha.com/blog/20...awaii-chicken/

MARE-REE............ MARY....... MARY-WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA..........

lol
--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 13:22:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:26:40 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > I don't mind the scratches - the whole car is pretty beat up. Laying
>> > eggs on my car is tricky business. There was an egg on the car
>> > yesterday but one had rolled off the hood. The idea of eating our
>> > fine, feathered, friends is not an appealing one. OTOH, we're just
>> > one disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.
>> >

>> Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
>> reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
>> mess of the car.

>I wish I had a Ginomobile. Ha ha, just kidding. I don't have enough disposable income.

WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA..........

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1:26:40 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
> reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
> mess of the car.

https://i.postimg.cc/hPk6QrCf/Chickens.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:26:40 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-07 1:59 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd eat the chicken and buy my eggs. That chicken is scratching
> >> your SUV all to hell. Not only that, out of 3 eggs, two were
> >> broken.

> > I don't mind the scratches - the whole car is pretty beat up. Laying
> > eggs on my car is tricky business. There was an egg on the car
> > yesterday but one had rolled off the hood. The idea of eating our
> > fine, feathered, friends is not an appealing one. OTOH, we're just
> > one disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.
> >

> Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
> reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
> mess of the car.

This video? Oddly enough, it looks like a black Hellcat. The same car my friend has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8d_QMVOM6M
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-07 8:55 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:26:40 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

e disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.

>> Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
>> reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
>> mess of the car.

> This video? Oddly enough, it looks like a black Hellcat. The same car my friend has.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8d_QMVOM6M

That is the one I saw, except that one had been doctored and ended up
with the owner taking out the rooster with a shotgun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 7, , wrote
(in >):

https://i.postimg.cc/hPk6QrCf/Chickens.jpg

They look scary, but they taste good. It´s comforting to be much bigger
than they are. I would be uncomfortable if elephant-sized chickens roamed our
neighborhood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 9:58:58 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Apr 7, , wrote
> (in >):
>
> > https://i.postimg.cc/hPk6QrCf/Chickens.jpg

> They look scary, but they taste good. It´s comforting to be much bigger
> than they are. I would be uncomfortable if elephant-sized chickens roamed our
> neighborhood.

Yeah, I'm thankful that elephants can't jump or fly for that matter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:32:43 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:53:05 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > A few of the battery powered bikes are just as good on a clear day. Some of them can go further than 200 miles on a single charge.

> > What's this "clear day" of which you speak? We get some sort of precipitation on
> > 137 days each year. And we average 43 inches of snow each winter.
> >
> > A little bit tricky to carry an 80-pound bag of concrete mix back from Home Depot, too.

> Well no, you don't use that kind of light-weight transportation every day through Michigan winter weather. I originally had Hawai'i in mind.

I was driving my daughter home from work today when I spotted some pretty good looking cloud formations. Here's a snapshot I took while driving.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QfeoPfrepTPJEBkCA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 2:48:24 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:32:43 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > What's this "clear day" of which you speak? We get some sort of precipitation on
> > > 137 days each year. And we average 43 inches of snow each winter.
> > >
> > > A little bit tricky to carry an 80-pound bag of concrete mix back from Home Depot, too.

> > Well no, you don't use that kind of light-weight transportation every day through Michigan winter weather. I originally had Hawai'i in mind.

> I was driving my daughter home from work today when I spotted some pretty good looking cloud formations. Here's a snapshot I took while driving.

So are you going to tell her to ride the commuter bus to work or are you going to encourage yet another auto purchase? It's cheaper to lease... better mechanics.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/04/2021 01:55, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:26:40 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I don't mind the scratches - the whole car is pretty beat up. Laying
>>> eggs on my car is tricky business. There was an egg on the car
>>> yesterday but one had rolled off the hood. The idea of eating our
>>> fine, feathered, friends is not an appealing one. OTOH, we're just
>>> one disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.
>>>

>> Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
>> reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
>> mess of the car.

> This video? Oddly enough, it looks like a black Hellcat. The same car my friend has.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8d_QMVOM6M

=====

Wow that is some mess!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2021 2:48 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> I was driving my daughter home from work today when I spotted some pretty good looking cloud formations. Here's a snapshot I took while driving.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/QfeoPfrepTPJEBkCA

That top cloud has an angry face. ;o

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/04/2021 12:10, Gary wrote:
> On 4/8/2021 2:48 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> I was driving my daughter home from work today when I spotted some
>> pretty good looking cloud formations. Here's a snapshot I took while
>> driving.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/QfeoPfrepTPJEBkCA

> That top cloud has an angry face.Â* ;o

Awwwwww the whole thing is beautiful)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2021 3:53 AM, bruce bowser wrote:

> So are you going to tell her to ride the commuter bus to work or are you going to encourage yet another auto purchase? It's cheaper to lease... better mechanics.

Can you please explain the "better mechanics"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 11:09:44 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> On 08/04/2021 01:55, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Someone recently posted a video about a rooster attacking its own
> >> reflection on the fancy paintjob of a Ginomobile. It made a hell of a
> >> mess of the car.

> > This video? Oddly enough, it looks like a black Hellcat. The same car my friend has.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8d_QMVOM6M

> =====
>
> Wow that is some mess!!!

My friend has two of those cars. That's so strange. They're both black. One has a big supercharged V-8 of over 7 litres and the other has a 6 cylinder engine. The one with a V8 has over 700HP. The car with the V-6 has well, who cares?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 9:54:00 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

> So are you going to tell her to ride the commuter bus to work or are you going to encourage yet another auto purchase? It's cheaper to lease... better mechanics.

My guess is... never.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 1:10:55 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> On 4/8/2021 2:48 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> > I was driving my daughter home from work today when I spotted some pretty good looking cloud formations. Here's a snapshot I took while driving.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/QfeoPfrepTPJEBkCA

> That top cloud has an angry face. ;o

I see it now. It looks sorta like Godzilla to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/04/2021 16:59, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 11:09:44 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>>> This video? Oddly enough, it looks like a black Hellcat. The same car my friend has.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8d_QMVOM6M

>> =====
>>
>> Wow that is some mess!!!

> My friend has two of those cars. That's so strange. They're both black. One has a big supercharged V-8 of over 7 litres and the other has a 6 cylinder engine. The one with a V8 has over 700HP. The car with the V-6 has well, who cares?

=====

So long as it isn't your car .... is it??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 9:30:33 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> On 08/04/2021 16:59, dsi1 wrote:

> >> =====
> >>
> >> Wow that is some mess!!!

> > My friend has two of those cars. That's so strange. They're both black. One has a big supercharged V-8 of over 7 litres and the other has a 6 cylinder engine. The one with a V8 has over 700HP. The car with the V-6 has well, who cares?

> =====
>
> So long as it isn't your car .... is it??

My car is similar enough to that car. It's black, has an engine, and 4 tires. Of course I don't have any problems with roosters or cats - just eggs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/04/2021 21:55, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 9:30:33 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>>> My friend has two of those cars. That's so strange. They're both black. One has a big supercharged V-8 of over 7 litres and the other has a 6 cylinder engine. The one with a V8 has over 700HP. The car with the V-6 has well, who cares?

>> =====
>>
>> So long as it isn't your car .... is it??

> My car is similar enough to that car. It's black, has an engine, and 4 tires. Of course I don't have any problems with roosters or cats - just eggs.

====

Thank goodness, eh?