Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 5:36:41 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:02:38 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 4:27:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> >> Bryyyyyyyyyan assumes others are only interested in anal sex. Which,
> >> as we all know can only produce Democrats.
> >>
> >> John Kuthe, employed and upstanding citizen...

> >And business owners aren't?

> No they are not!!

Even if they sign collective bargaining agreements?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 2:09:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 3/6/2021 12:20 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >> He won't stay rich for long if he eats that way often.

> > How do you know? Bill Gates could eat that way every night
> > and not make a dent. That's under $30,000 for a year.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> You've got the decimal point in the wrong place. It's under
> $300,000 a year.

Dang. I used a calculator and everything. Must've typed too
fast and not got one of those zeroes.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/6/2021 1:22 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:20:05 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> He won't stay rich for long if he eats that way often.

>> How do you know? Bill Gates could eat that way every night
>> and not make a dent. That's under $30,000 for a year.

> You're talking to a man who remembers spending $5.98 at a KFC ten
> years ago.

Yes sir! And for just me, that provided a nice, tasty dinner
(2 thighs, mashed potatoes, cole slaw and one biscuit)
(lunch/snack the next day was 2 drumsticks and a biscuit)
About $7.oo with tax included

For $800, I could repeat those 2 meals 114 times.

I do realize that the $800 dinner was for 2 or more people and a special
occasion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/6/2021 10:47 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:20:05 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> How do you know? Bill Gates could eat that way every night
>>> and not make a dent. That's under $30,000 for a year.

>> You're talking to a man who remembers spending $5.98 at a KFC ten
>> years ago.
>>

> I bet you were there right behind him, waiting to sniff that processed kfc.

The human body is the oddest automated food processor.
No matter what you put in the hopper, good or bad food, added chemicals
or not, the final product always smells and tastes like shit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/6/2021 1:10 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-03-06 12:15 p.m., Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>> Most foods make me feel ill.

>> How have you been, Julie?
>> Dave misses you here.
>>

> Trolling for Julie comments again?
> You were one of those who said if she wasn't here we would still be
> talking about her. We have not, despite your trolling attempts.

I've mentioned her 2, maybe 3 times since she left.
Each time, you respond.
Fess up Dave....you miss her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/6/2021 1:20 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 12:14:50 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>> My younger brother is more of a thrill eater and he can afford
>>> to spend $800 for a 20 course fancy meal - and why not?
>>> He's rich and has no kids.

>> He won't stay rich for long if he eats that way often.

> How do you know? Bill Gates could eat that way every night
> and not make a dent. That's under $30,000 for a year.

As Bryan pointed out, your math is wrong. It's about $292,000 per year
just for dinners. Even Bill Gates isn't dumb enough to do that.

I've never liked several course meals anyway. Often, you get a salad and
they wait until you've finished the salad, then bring you the next
course. I like eating a bit of all at one time, not just one thing only
at a time.

And of course, most of the different courses each feature a different
glass of wine that "pairs" with the dish. By the time you finish a 20
course meal, you would be stuffed and drunk as hell. Call a taxi to get
home. lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/03/2021 01:29, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 3:08:57 PM UTC-10, wrote:

>>> That vs. 76 cents, now?
>>>

>> If White Castles were 14 cents in 1970, and were subject to the average
>> level of inflation, they'd cost 94 cents in 2021. I used the McDonald's
>> app today, and paid $2 + tax for two hamburgers and a medium fries. A
>> McD's hamburger that cost 39 cents in 1977, *should* cost $1.66. The
>> minimum purchase for getting the Friday free fries was only $1, so I
>> could have gotten one burger & fries for $1 + tax.
>>
>> I bought a whole chicken today for under $4, including sales tax. Food
>> is cheap these days, and not just meat. It's housing that's costly.
>>
>> --
>> --Bryan
>> For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
>> tested on laboratory animals.

> Cheap food is good food - even though it might make you feel ill. Unfortunately, food ain't cheap on this rock - even McDonald's. And you still feel ill.
> Yesterday I went to KFC and got a 2 piece meal for 10 bucks. It had two breast pieces, mashed potatoes, a biscuit, and a drink. That was a wrong move on my part! The chicken was dry and unpleasant. The mashed potatoes were somehow waterlogged like it was pumped full of water. Weird. It was a pretty mentally depressing meal. I wanted to relive some happy days of the past when my dad would pick up a bucket of chicken and we'd be one happy family eating together. There was no family time quite as happy as when we'd eat KFC. Those days are long gone.

===

That is a shame((

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2021 8:29 AM, Gary wrote:

> I've never liked several course meals anyway. Often, you get a salad and
> they wait until you've finished the salad, then bring you the next
> course. I like eating a bit of all at one time, not just one thing only
> at a time.
>
> And of course, most of the different courses each feature a different
> glass of wine that "pairs" with the dish. By the time you finish a 20
> course meal, you would be stuffed and drunk as hell. Call a taxi to get
> home.Â* lol

We used to go to wine dinners a Woodstock Inn in CT. It was Hors
D'ouevres followed by a thee course meal and the appropriate wines.

No one got drunk but it would mellow you out by end of the night. Lot
of fun with 8 per table.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 01:00:56 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 5:36:41 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:02:38 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> >And business owners aren't?

>> No they are not!!

>Even if they sign collective bargaining agreements?

More so!

John Kuthe, capitalist and future Wall St mogul...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 10:40:13 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/7/2021 8:29 AM, Gary wrote:
>
> > I've never liked several course meals anyway. Often, you get a salad and
> > they wait until you've finished the salad, then bring you the next
> > course. I like eating a bit of all at one time, not just one thing only
> > at a time.
> >
> > And of course, most of the different courses each feature a different
> > glass of wine that "pairs" with the dish. By the time you finish a 20
> > course meal, you would be stuffed and drunk as hell. Call a taxi to get
> > home. lol

> We used to go to wine dinners a Woodstock Inn in CT. It was Hors
> D'ouevres followed by a thee course meal and the appropriate wines.
>
> No one got drunk but it would mellow you out by end of the night. Lot
> of fun with 8 per table.

Once, I was watching a show where they joked: "all CT house wives do is throw bridge parties".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2021 6:55 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 10:40:13 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 3/7/2021 8:29 AM, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> I've never liked several course meals anyway. Often, you get a salad and
>>> they wait until you've finished the salad, then bring you the next
>>> course. I like eating a bit of all at one time, not just one thing only
>>> at a time.
>>>
>>> And of course, most of the different courses each feature a different
>>> glass of wine that "pairs" with the dish. By the time you finish a 20
>>> course meal, you would be stuffed and drunk as hell. Call a taxi to get
>>> home. lol

>> We used to go to wine dinners a Woodstock Inn in CT. It was Hors
>> D'ouevres followed by a thee course meal and the appropriate wines.
>>
>> No one got drunk but it would mellow you out by end of the night. Lot
>> of fun with 8 per table.

> Once, I was watching a show where they joked: "all CT house wives do is throw bridge parties".

A touch of truth to the stereotype, but that is the opposite corner of
the state, Gold coast, Greenwich to Westport. We were in the Quiet Corner.
https://www.woodstockhill.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/03/2021 13:29, Gary wrote:
> On 3/6/2021 1:20 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> He won't stay rich for long if he eats that way often.

>> How do you know?Â* Bill Gates could eat that way every night
>> and not make a dent.Â* That's under $30,000 for a year.

> As Bryan pointed out, your math is wrong. It's about $292,000 per year
> just for dinners. Even Bill Gates isn't dumb enough to do that.
>
> I've never liked several course meals anyway. Often, you get a salad and
> they wait until you've finished the salad, then bring you the next
> course. I like eating a bit of all at one time, not just one thing only
> at a time.
>
> And of course, most of the different courses each feature a different
> glass of wine that "pairs" with the dish. By the time you finish a 20
> course meal, you would be stuffed and drunk as hell. Call a taxi to get
> home.Â* lol

====

Perhaps they are in league with the taxi drivers!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Water was White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:49:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:53:49 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> The dwarf has never been correct in his obsession about me. He's
>>> so invested in my life, every little thing I do, he envies. It's
>>> quite pathetic. Also pathetic is your constant need for some
>>> attention, greg. You'll do anything to get people to respond to
>>> you. Does Jesus know about your wanton, perverse, behavior?

>> Mr. High Tech Google Extroidinaire can't even read headers. He's
>> never even tried before he makes all these wild ass accusations.

> Nobody on Google can read headers. We used to be able to, but a
> recent "upgrade" removed that ability.

Sure enough. Huh. That little popup is BS, They always fudged the
email addresses. So shy not just show the original message with the
fudged email addresses just like before !??!?!

I swear, they put their first rate interns in charge of reducing the
functionality of google groups: "Here you go guys! For your first
assignment, **** up Google groups some more!

ObFudge: I have ying & yang fudge on the counter today:

https://i.postimg.cc/wvjmnmbP/Ying-Yang-Fudge.jpg