Erica

Default omega eggs

Hey all,

I recently picked these up at the supermarket:
http://www.4grain.com/omega.html

Anyone else try these? I made scrambled eggs and a broccoli-cheese quiche,
and I thought that they cooked up rather soggy. Is it just my preparation,
or is it the eggs?

--Erica

pavane

"Erica" > wrote in message
s.com...
> Hey all,
>
> I recently picked these up at the supermarket:
> http://www.4grain.com/omega.html
>
> Anyone else try these? I made scrambled eggs and a broccoli-cheese quiche,
> and I thought that they cooked up rather soggy. Is it just my preparation,
> or is it the eggs?

Just tried them also, I am not impressed either
with the texture or with the taste; I think their
other eggs or the Eggland are better.

pavane

Vilco [out]

Erica wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I recently picked these up at the supermarket:
> http://www.4grain.com/omega.html

Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get
all you need without all that chemistry...

Vilco

jmk

On 2/12/2004 10:35 AM, Vilco [out] wrote:
> Erica wrote:
>
>>Hey all,
>>
>>I recently picked these up at the supermarket:
>>http://www.4grain.com/omega.html

> Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get
> all you need without all that chemistry...
>
> Vilco

Here is a nice review of the various "types" of eggs:
http://www.eatingwell.com/articles_r...cking_case.pdf

A few pages in there is a comparison of "designer" eggs (omega 3, etc.),
organic and free-range/cage-free, pasteurized in-shell, powdered egg
whites, liquid egg whites and egg substitutes.

--
jmk in NC

Erica

"Vilco [out]" > wrote in message ...
> Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get
> all you need without all that chemistry...

The eggs are organic, free range eggs from hens that have been fed flax
seeds. Only 0.30 more than the regular ones! Oddly enough, the non-omega
organics are 0.40 more, and I haven't had the sogginess problem. Oh well...

--Erica

pavane

"jmk" > wrote in message

> On 2/12/2004 10:35 AM, Vilco [out] wrote:
> > Erica wrote:
> >
> >>Hey all,
> >>
> >>I recently picked these up at the supermarket:
> >>http://www.4grain.com/omega.html

> > Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get
> > all you need without all that chemistry...
> >
> > Vilco

> Here is a nice review of the various "types" of eggs:

http://www.eatingwell.com/articles_r...cking_case.pdf

> A few pages in there is a comparison of "designer" eggs (omega 3, etc.),
> organic and free-range/cage-free, pasteurized in-shell, powdered egg
> whites, liquid egg whites and egg substitutes.

Interesting little article, thanks for the posting.

pavane

REQ: Omega 3 recipes... please toy Recipes (moderated) 0 30-06-2009 12:39 AM
omega 8005 bhamm4254 General Cooking 0 06-05-2007 09:24 AM
Out with the Omega-3, in with the next hot product? Lefty General Cooking 6 25-03-2006 12:25 AM
QUESTION about Omega 3-6-9 PoPo Girl Vegan 1 21-03-2006 09:38 PM
Adding Omega 3 [email protected] Recipes 1 27-02-2005 05:43 PM