Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default home made chocolate pudding

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:09:22 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Jan 12, , dsi1 wrote
> (in >):
> > I love those Dole Mandarins in Gel. You can get them cheap at Costco. I
> > like
> > tapioca pudding but not chocolate. I'll pick up a Kozy Shack product the
> > next
> > time that I can because I like living in a cozy shack.

> Oops, I misspoke. Tangarines? I meant "Mandarins in Gel". Ain´t they
> great?

Well, mandarins are just fancy names for tangerines as far as I know. My
daughter got her daughter some Mandarins in juice. It's the same thing
except it's not in gel. Those are great too. I ate half of those cups. That
was bad of me but I'd do it again if they just leave it lying about the
place. They pretty much have to hide it. It's their fault.

===

That'll teach them not to leave them lying about)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 1:08:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 5:02:13 AM UTC-10, Mike Duffy wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 02:35:57 -0800, dsi1 wrote:
> >

> > > I have a bag of crème brûlée mix that uses carrageenan

> > > https://store.bakerscandc.com/creme-...mix-35oz-14666

> > C'mon. If you don't burn the cream, call it something else.

> You bet your sweet bippy that I burn the cream!
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/HPNSEnsV9MVYuYBR8
> ===
>

> LOL that is one of my sayings))

That's unexpected. I thought only old and decrepit Americans said that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 1:13:01 AM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Jan 13, , dsi1 wrote
> (in >):
> > Well, mandarins are just fancy names for tangerines as far as I know. My
> > daughter got her daughter some Mandarins in juice. It's the same thing except
> > it's not in gel. Those are great too. I ate half of those cups. That was bad
> > of me but I'd do it again if they just leave it lying about the place. They
> > pretty much have to hide it. It's their fault.

> I´ve eaten all the Dole gels that are sold here. Peaches in gel, mixed
> fruit in gel, maybe "mumble" in gel and mandarins in gel. Mandarins are my
> favorite. I have eaten Dole mandarins in juice which were good too.
> Where I shop, those itty bitty 4 packs ain´t cheap, but they´re
> delicious. I like mine cold from the fridge.

Impeccable taste you got there. They're so refreshing! I used to get them at Costco. They were around 8 bucks for an assortment of 8 cups of mandarins in gel and 8 cups of peaches in gel. The peaches were alright but the mandarins were the pick of the litter. The next time I go to Costco, I'll get two cases and then all will be set right in this world.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2021 1:13 PM, songbird wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/12/2021 12:38 AM, songbird wrote:
>>> Mom brought home five more bananas and we'll need
>>> to eat them up sooner rather than later and one way
>>> she will eat them is if they're sliced in chocolate
>>> pudding.
>>>

>> Okay, if she requires chocolate pudding to eat the bananas I wonder why
>> she keeps bringing them home. Ever thought of making Banana Pudding?

> uh, i didn't ask her to buy them, we already had some
> green ones that were getting ripe enough, but for some
> reason she thought to buy more. i've told her in the
> past that she's buying too many, i can only eat one a
> day and she might not eat any at all. we don't need
> 15 bananas. *SMH*
>
> for me four a week is plenty.
>
> not going to be making pudding now though, she changed
> her mind.
>

> songbird

She's entitled to. You still have excess bananas to contend with. They
can be peeled, wrapped and frozen for later use.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 1:08:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 5:02:13 AM UTC-10, Mike Duffy wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 02:35:57 -0800, dsi1 wrote:
> >

> > > I have a bag of crème brûlée mix that uses carrageenan

> > > https://store.bakerscandc.com/creme-...mix-35oz-14666

> > C'mon. If you don't burn the cream, call it something else.

> You bet your sweet bippy that I burn the cream!
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/HPNSEnsV9MVYuYBR8
> ===
>

> LOL that is one of my sayings))

That's unexpected. I thought only old and decrepit Americans said that.

==

Nope an old and decreprit Yorkshire lass still says it)))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 4:32:03 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:09:22 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> > On 2021 Jan 12, , dsi1 wrote
> > (in >):
> > > I love those Dole Mandarins in Gel. You can get them cheap at Costco. I like
> > > tapioca pudding but not chocolate. I'll pick up a Kozy Shack product the next
> > > time that I can because I like living in a cozy shack.

> > Oops, I misspoke. Tangarines? I meant "Mandarins in Gel". Ain´t they
> > great?

> Well, mandarins are just fancy names for tangerines as far as I know. My daughter got her daughter some Mandarins in juice. It's the same thing except it's not in gel. Those are great too. I ate half of those cups. That was bad of me but I'd do it again if they just leave it lying about the place. They pretty much have to hide it. It's their fault.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus...mplified_1.svg

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2021 3:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> Nope an old and decreprit Yorkshire lass still says it)))))

https://tinyurl.com/7gfcyx7 )))))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"%" wrote in message ...

On 1/13/2021 3:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> Nope an old and decreprit Yorkshire lass still says it)))))

https://tinyurl.com/7gfcyx7 )))))))

====

LOLOL is that the best you can do?????????? LOL we have seen that so many
times, It is boring LOLOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 1:33:34 AM UTC-6, Leo wrote:

> I´m fond of butter or margarine on saltines when I think about it.
>
> leo

I like butter on saltines, too. No margarine in this house, you'd have
to settle for butter if you were to visit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 7:15:00 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> >> Is banana bread an option?

> I've had banana bread (as gifts) and loved it but never made it myself.

It's an easy quick bread.

> Once my daughter was over and I mentioned that I have banana that's too
> ripe for me to eat. She suggested freezing it for banana bread once I
> had enough to make it.
>
> So I did. I put it in the freezer unpeeled. I figured that the peel was
> a good wrapper. Would preserve it well even without a plastic wrap.
>
> Next time, she saw that and laughed. "Dad, you're supposed to peel it
> first and wrap in plastic."
>
> Why would that be better? I still think the peel is a good freezer
> wrapper. It's airtight.

I've always peeled mine as it's just easier to dump the thawed 'nanners in the
bowl and not mess with peeling. But I don't think it hurts to leave it on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangerine

The tangerine [...] is a group of orange-coloured citrus fruit consisting
of hybrids of mandarin orange (Citrus reticulata) with some pomelo
contribution.

[...] Under the Swingle system, tangerines are considered a group of
mandarin (C. reticulata) varieties.

[...] (and, in some jurisdictions, mandarin-like hybrids,

So, it ends up being a legal technicality. Probably some Chinese trade
regulation about using the word 'Mardarin'. You know what those Chinese
are capable of.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 12:47:15 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 00:38:59 -0500, songbird wrote:
>
> > which would you prefer flour fried with butter based or
> > corn starch based?

> Eww to both. How about egg yolk based. I've never heard of a roux
> based pudding.

Really, but let's not be hasty. Maybe it is a meat pudding, savory rather than sweet.
Almost like a gravy, but standalone. I'm not much of a fan of turkey, but the pan
drippings from a roasted turkey are sublime, and a stock made from the leg and
thigh bones would be rich with collagen, and a lightly browned roux made with a
low gluten wheat (cake) flour, if the whole thing were well strained...

I mean, pudding was originally a meat thing. If you added a fig, then the pudding
would be figgy.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 6:57:27 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-01-13 6:27 p.m., wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 1:33:34 AM UTC-6, Leo wrote:
> >>
> >> I´m fond of butter or margarine on saltines when I think about it..
> >>
> >> leo
> >>

> > I like butter on saltines, too. No margarine in this house, you'd have
> > to settle for butter if you were to visit.
> >

> One of my favourite after school snacks was Saltines with a bit of
> butter and strawberry jam.

I was a pothead, and Hostess Cupcakes did the trick.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 6:57:27 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> One of my favourite after school snacks was Saltines with a bit of
> butter and strawberry jam.

I've eaten that more than once myself; YUM.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 10:32:18 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> A favorite late night snack for me is just 6-8 saltines with peanut butter.

I've eaten that more than once late at night and with a glass
of milk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> How about Graham Wafers with butter and honey?

chocolate frosting. eating later at night is really bad
for your body, or i should say that it sure is bad for my
body.

songbird