Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 1/11/21 Spinach Quiche

Here's a pic:

https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:16:08 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> Here's a pic:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg
>
> Jill

Oh my!!!! That looks absolutely lip-smacking!! Are you gonna eat ALL
that by yourself?? You didn't invite me??

But dinner here will be Hoppin' John/spicy black-eyed peas and cornbread.
I'm not sure my "Hoppin' John" is entirely authentic but it is good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:16:01 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Here's a pic:
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

That looks very good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2021 7:29 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:16:08 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> Here's a pic:

https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>> Jill
>>

> Oh my!!!! That looks absolutely lip-smacking!! Are you gonna eat ALL
> that by yourself?? You didn't invite me??

I would have issued an invitation if I'd known I was going to make
it. Cut into 6 sections, this will last me two or three days depending
upon how hungry I am.

I had cream in the fridge that was dated best used by 12/20/2020. It's
1/11/2021. Before simply tossing it based on a random printed date, I
opened the carton of cream and gave it the sniff test. I discovered it
was still perfectly good. So, I thawed the package spinach from the
freezer and also the crumbled feta cheese. Sort of a spur of the
moment, need to use the cream and I have the ingredients thing.

> But dinner here will be Hoppin' John/spicy black-eyed peas and cornbread.
> I'm not sure my "Hoppin' John" is entirely authentic but it is good.

I do hope you enjoyed it! I've never really been a fan of Hoppin' John.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Here's a pic:
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

That looks very good.

===

Your day has come ))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:44:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Master Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:16:01 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>Here's a pic:
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>That looks very good.
>
>===
>
> Your day has come ))

Do you think the bottom is prefab? Or is Jill a genuine crust artist?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Master Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:16:01 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>Here's a pic:
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>That looks very good.
>
>===
>
> Your day has come ))

Do you think the bottom is prefab? Or is Jill a genuine crust artist?

=====

No, no lol. I was just referring to veggie recipes being posted here)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2021 7:16 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Here's a pic:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

Looks good but if you ever want a tastier quiche, make your own crust.
It's very easy to do and much better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2021 9:03 AM, Gary wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 7:16 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Here's a pic:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> Looks good but if you ever want a tastier quiche, make your own crust.
> It's very easy to do and much better.

Feel free! I have never mastered pie crust. Frozen deep dish crusts
work just fine for this. It's really all about the filling. Takes
just a few minutes to combine the ingredients, pour it into the still
frozen crust and bake at 375F 30-40 minutes (until a knife inserted in
the center comes out clean). No muss, no fuss, no rolling out dough and
only one mixing bowl to wash.

Filling:

4 large eggs, beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
S&P
1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (I use a
collapsible steamer basket to squeeze out the excess water)
6 oz. crumbled feta cheese

I sprinkle the top with a little grated nutmeg prior to baking. That's
totally optional.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2021 6:18 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Master Bruce"Ā* wrote in message
>
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:44:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Master Bruce"Ā* wrote in message
>>
>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:16:01 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Here's a pic:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>> That looks very good.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Ā*Your day has come ))

> Do you think the bottom is prefab? Or is Jill a genuine crust artist?
>
> =====
>
> No, no lol.Ā* I was just referring to veggie recipes being posted here)

I am not a crust artist. The bottom was a prefab frozen deep dish
crust. Despite what Bruce would like to believe, many people who aren't
proclaimed vegetarians do often cook and eat meatless meals.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Despite what Bruce would like to believe, many people who aren't
> proclaimed vegetarians do often cook and eat meatless meals.

True with me. Approx 60% of my meals are vegetarian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Despite what Bruce would like to believe, many people who aren't
> proclaimed vegetarians do often cook and eat meatless meals.

True with me. Approx 60% of my meals are vegetarian. Maybe a bit more
but I don't keep track.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 jmcquown wrote:
>
>Here's a pic:
>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
crust crimping tool.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2021 8:36 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Here's a pic:
>> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
> crust crimping tool.

Hey Sheldon, how did you make quiches in the Navy? I remember sailors
love spinach.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 11:18:21 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Master Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:44:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Master Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:16:01 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Here's a pic:
>>>
>>>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>>That looks very good.
>>
>>===
>>
>> Your day has come ))

>Do you think the bottom is prefab? Or is Jill a genuine crust artist?
>
>=====
>
>No, no lol. I was just referring to veggie recipes being posted here)

Oh, of course

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 09:34:11 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/12/2021 6:18 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Master Bruce"Ā* wrote in message
>>
>> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:44:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Master Bruce"Ā* wrote in message

>>> That looks very good.
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> Ā*Your day has come ))

>> Do you think the bottom is prefab? Or is Jill a genuine crust artist?
>>
>> =====
>>
>> No, no lol.Ā* I was just referring to veggie recipes being posted here)
>>

>I am not a crust artist. The bottom was a prefab frozen deep dish
>crust. Despite what Bruce would like to believe, many people who aren't
>proclaimed vegetarians do often cook and eat meatless meals.

I've never said anything about it. This is what happens when you spout
comments about people you've killfiled: you don't know what you're
talking about.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 11:36:26 -0500, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>>On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>Here's a pic:
>>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
>crust crimping tool.

Prefab.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 09:28:14 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/12/2021 9:03 AM, Gary wrote:
>> On 1/11/2021 7:16 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> Here's a pic:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>> Looks good but if you ever want a tastier quiche, make your own crust.
>> It's very easy to do and much better.
>>

>Feel free! I have never mastered pie crust. Frozen deep dish crusts
>work just fine for this. It's really all about the filling.

If you use a prefab crust, it had better be.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2021 10:45 AM, Master Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 11:36:26 -0500, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
>>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's a pic:
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>> Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
>> crust crimping tool.

> Prefab.

Jer fancy schmancy crimping tool was her Mastercard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Master Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 09:34:11 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/12/2021 6:18 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "Master Bruce"Ā* wrote in message

>>> Do you think the bottom is prefab? Or is Jill a genuine crust artist?
>>>
>>> =====
>>>
>>> No, no lol.Ā* I was just referring to veggie recipes being posted here)
>>>

>> I am not a crust artist. The bottom was a prefab frozen deep dish
>> crust. Despite what Bruce would like to believe, many people who aren't
>> proclaimed vegetarians do often cook and eat meatless meals.

> I've never said anything about it. This is what happens when you spout
> comments about people you've killfiled: you don't know what you're
> talking about.

Even though she killfiled you master, you can still sniff her ass.
She just won't feel the tickle.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Master Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 11:36:26 -0500, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
>>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's a pic:
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>> Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
>> crust crimping tool.

> Prefab.

<*SNIFF*>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Master Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:44:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Master Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:16:01 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Here's a pic:
>>>
>>>https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>>That looks very good.
>>
>>===
>>
>> Your day has come ))

>Do you think the bottom is prefab? Or is Jill a genuine crust artist?
>
>=====
>
>No, no lol. I was just referring to veggie recipes being posted here)

Oh, of course

=====

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 08:45:17 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 1/12/2021 8:36 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's a pic:
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>> Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
>> crust crimping tool.

>Hey Sheldon, how did you make quiches in the Navy? I remember sailors
>love spinach.

I wasn't about to do quiche for 350, at best they got creamed spinach
but usually it was frozen spinach just heated. Spinach wasn't a big
seller so I didn't need to prepare a lot. Greens of any kind were
rarely on the menu. I would occasionally sneak some into soups.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Jan 11, , jmcquown wrote
(in article >):

> Here's a pic:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

Lovely! My SIL told me the other day that she was going to make a spinach
quiche, but we didn“t have any spinach. We haven“t had any fresh spinach
ever during fifty years of marriage. I bought some baby spinach a couple of
days ago. Now, let“s see if it rots.
Otherwise, I may take a picture of the first quiche ever made in our home.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2021 7:21 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> I wasn't about to do quiche for 350, at best they got creamed spinach
> but usually it was frozen spinach just heated. Spinach wasn't a big
> seller so I didn't need to prepare a lot.

spinach is like butt sex

if you're forced to have it as a child, you won't enjoy it as an adult

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 8:46:05 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Jan 11, , jmcquown wrote
> (in article >):
> > Here's a pic:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> Lovely! My SIL told me the other day that she was going to make a spinach
> quiche, but we didnĀ“t have any spinach. We havenĀ“t had any fresh spinach
> ever during fifty years of marriage. I bought some baby spinach a couple of
> days ago. Now, letĀ“s see if it rots.
> Otherwise, I may take a picture of the first quiche ever made in our home..
>
> leo

My daughter made a smoothie the other day. I looked at the container before she blended it. There were some strange things in there. There some green stuff in there that looked like fresh bay leaf or lime leaf. Later on, she told me it was spinach leaf. That's so weird! Perhaps I should make a quiche - or a pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:16:08 PM UTC-6,
> wrote:
> >
> > Here's a pic:

https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> > Jill
> >

> Oh my!!!! That looks absolutely lip-smacking!! Are you gonna eat ALL
> that by yourself?? You didn't invite me??
>
> But dinner here will be Hoppin' John/spicy black-eyed peas and
> cornbread. I'm not sure my "Hoppin' John" is entirely authentic but
> it is good.

Nothing wrong with that! From where I was raised, it was the spicing
mostly that made it 'hoppin' John. It comes in blander versions and
spicy ones.

Me, I just setup for Bean Paste (Anko). Although made from bean, it
oddly gets related to 'sweet pickled plum' (suspect the color is why)
and it's not pickled unless sugar is a pickling agent ;0)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/11/2021 7:29 PM, wrote:
> > On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:16:08 PM UTC-6,
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Here's a pic:

https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> > > Jill
> > >

> > Oh my!!!! That looks absolutely lip-smacking!! Are you gonna eat
> > ALL that by yourself?? You didn't invite me??
> >

> I would have issued an invitation if I'd known I was going to
> make it. Cut into 6 sections, this will last me two or three days
> depending upon how hungry I am.
>
> I had cream in the fridge that was dated best used by 12/20/2020.
> It's 1/11/2021. Before simply tossing it based on a random printed
> date, I opened the carton of cream and gave it the sniff test. I
> discovered it was still perfectly good.

I've noted heavy cream and buttermilk last longer.

> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > Despite what Bruce would like to believe, many people who aren't
> > proclaimed vegetarians do often cook and eat meatless meals.

> True with me. Approx 60% of my meals are vegetarian.

I have to guess but it may be more like 75% if we discount chicken
broth and dashi. There was no deliberate trail, we just slowly shifted
over the decades to more use of plant based items and if we want meat
(pork, beef, chicken, seafoods) we have it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:59:59 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>> > Despite what Bruce would like to believe, many people who aren't
>> > proclaimed vegetarians do often cook and eat meatless meals.

>> True with me. Approx 60% of my meals are vegetarian.

>I have to guess but it may be more like 75% if we discount chicken
>broth and dashi.

If we discount meat and fish, everybody's a vegetarian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 1/12/2021 8:36 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > > On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 jmcquown wrote:
> > >
> > > Here's a pic:
> > > https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> > Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
> > crust crimping tool.
> >

> Hey Sheldon, how did you make quiches in the Navy? I remember
> sailors love spinach.

LOL, believe it or not, but they do that now and not just in the
officers/Chiefs mess.

If you get the proportions right, it's really hard to mess up quiche.

It may (when made in larger batches) not be so 'pretty' to cut to 6
pieces per pie, but they do it in larger pans with a lip and rolled out
pastry dough. It goes in roughly 3ft x 2ft pans and makes something
like 350 servings per pan? Obviously most don't have side crust but
it's pretty good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Jan 11, , jmcquown wrote
> (in article >):
>
> > Here's a pic:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> Lovely! My SIL told me the other day that she was going to make a
> spinach quiche, but we didn“t have any spinach. We haven“t had any
> fresh spinach ever during fifty years of marriage. I bought some baby
> spinach a couple of days ago. Now, let“s see if it rots.
> Otherwise, I may take a picture of the first quiche ever made in our
> home.
>
> leo

Smiles! I am considering one with something I have handy. I got
Chinese Broccoli today (odd in office day where I work from home 4 days
a week and in office Wednesdays then the power went out so left for
home aftercalling boss and making sure he was ok if I took 45 minutes
shopping instead of the 30 minute lunch we are required to take).

So, I was considering using the leaves for this. Maybe matched with
some of the oyster mushrooms?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Looks very good and neatly done, seems you used a fancy schmancy
>>> crust crimping tool.
>>>

>> Hey Sheldon, how did you make quiches in the Navy? I remember
>> sailors love spinach.

> LOL, believe it or not, but they do that now and not just in the
> officers/Chiefs mess.
>
> If you get the proportions right, it's really hard to mess up quiche.
>
> It may (when made in larger batches) not be so 'pretty' to cut to 6
> pieces per pie, but they do it in larger pans with a lip and rolled out
> pastry dough. It goes in roughly 3ft x 2ft pans and makes something
> like 350 servings per pan? Obviously most don't have side crust but
> it's pretty good!

350 servings in a 2'X3' pan ... means a serving is approx 1.57" X
1.57".

Must be for some sort of party appetizers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 7:48:06 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > On 1/11/2021 7:29 PM, wrote:

> > > Oh my!!!! That looks absolutely lip-smacking!! Are you gonna eat
> > > ALL that by yourself?? You didn't invite me??
> > >

> > I would have issued an invitation if I'd known I was going to
> > make it. Cut into 6 sections, this will last me two or three days
> > depending upon how hungry I am.
> >
> > I had cream in the fridge that was dated best used by 12/20/2020.
> > It's 1/11/2021. Before simply tossing it based on a random printed
> > date, I opened the carton of cream and gave it the sniff test. I
> > discovered it was still perfectly good.

> I've noted heavy cream and buttermilk last longer.

Heavy cream is usually ultra-pasteurized. Buttermilk is acidic,
thus retarding spoilage.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Jan 12, , Leo wrote
(in ndividual.Net>):

> On 2021 Jan 11, , jmcquown wrote
> (in article >):
>
> > Here's a pic:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> Lovely! My SIL told me the other day that she was going to make a spinach
> quiche, but we didn“t have any spinach. We haven“t had any fresh

spinach
> ever during fifty years of marriage. I bought some baby spinach a couple of
> days ago. Now, let“s see if it rots.
> Otherwise, I may take a picture of the first quiche ever made in our home.

And here they are. The crust looks rougher than yours and I“m sure sharp
cheddar was used.I was asleep when they were made for breakfast and haven“t
tasted any. I still have half a bunch of baby spinach left to rot.

<https://postimg.cc/06dFWRHt>

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:09:15 -0800, Leo >
wrote:

>On 2021 Jan 12, , Leo wrote
>(in ndividual.Net>):
>
>> On 2021 Jan 11, , jmcquown wrote
>> (in article >):
>>
>> > Here's a pic:
>> >
>> > https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

>> Lovely! My SIL told me the other day that she was going to make a spinach
>> quiche, but we didnĀ“t have any spinach. We havenĀ“t had any fresh

>spinach
>> ever during fifty years of marriage. I bought some baby spinach a couple of
>> days ago. Now, letĀ“s see if it rots.
>> Otherwise, I may take a picture of the first quiche ever made in our home.

>And here they are. The crust looks rougher than yours and IĀ“m sure sharp
>cheddar was used.I was asleep when they were made for breakfast and havenĀ“t
>tasted any. I still have half a bunch of baby spinach left to rot.
>
><https://postimg.cc/06dFWRHt>

They look good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 5:12:42 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:09:15 -0800, Leo >
> wrote:
> >
> >And here they are. The crust looks rougher than yours and IĀ“m sure sharp
> >cheddar was used.I was asleep when they were made for breakfast and havenĀ“t
> >tasted any. I still have half a bunch of baby spinach left to rot.
> >
> ><https://postimg.cc/06dFWRHt>
> >

> They look good.

Don't they! One for you and one for me.

Raw spinach is quite tasty on a sandwich or hamburger not to
mention in a salad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 17:54:45 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 5:12:42 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:09:15 -0800, Leo >
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >And here they are. The crust looks rougher than yours and IĀ“m sure sharp
>> >cheddar was used.I was asleep when they were made for breakfast and havenĀ“t
>> >tasted any. I still have half a bunch of baby spinach left to rot.
>> >
>> ><https://postimg.cc/06dFWRHt>
>> >

>> They look good.
>>

>Don't they! One for you and one for me.

Yes. Tough luck, Leo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 6:09:24 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Jan 12, , Leo wrote
> (in >) :
> > On 2021 Jan 11, , jmcquown wrote
> > (in article >):
> >
> > > Here's a pic:
> > >
> > > https://i.postimg.cc/dt9VqX0m/spinach.jpg

> > Lovely! My SIL told me the other day that she was going to make a spinach
> > quiche, but we didnĀ“t have any spinach. We havenĀ“t had any fresh

> spinach
> > ever during fifty years of marriage. I bought some baby spinach a couple of
> > days ago. Now, letĀ“s see if it rots.
> > Otherwise, I may take a picture of the first quiche ever made in our home.

> And here they are. The crust looks rougher than yours and IĀ“m sure sharp
> cheddar was used.I was asleep when they were made for breakfast and havenĀ“t
> tasted any. I still have half a bunch of baby spinach left to rot.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/06dFWRHt>

Rather than letting it rot, make pasta with Italian sausage and greens.

Brown the sausage (in or out of the casing, hot or sweet), make some pasta,
saute garlic, mix it all together, add spinach and let it wilt. Parmesan
cheese. Salt and pepper in there somewhere if you think it needs it.

You can use a whole bag of baby spinach on this and it'll wilt right down.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Jan 16, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
(in >):

> Brown the sausage (in or out of the casing, hot or sweet), make some pasta,
> saute garlic, mix it all together, add spinach and let it wilt. Parmesan
> cheese. Salt and pepper in there somewhere if you think it needs it.

All I need is the sausage. I have everything else and know what to do. Thanks
for the idea!

leo

Spinach Quiche jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 63 23-01-2020 02:19 AM
Spinach Quiche sf[_9_] General Cooking 4 01-09-2016 12:10 AM
Spinach quiche jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 11 01-01-2014 01:12 AM
shrimp & spinach quiche lainie General Cooking 11 18-12-2010 09:24 PM
REC: Spinach & Feta Quiche jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 0 16-11-2010 09:42 PM