Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foods we're ashamed to admit liking

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 19:38:49 -0800 (PST), Bruce
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 7:15:48 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > <snip>

>> > I like the plain ones. These were just super salty.

>> They have a lot of flavors and I've only tried a few. The few I have
>> tried, would have been the lower sodium ones (so as to not forget and
>> blow Don's needs if we grabbed the wrong one).
>>
>> I'll take it as a given they have some that are salty since it's
>> normally the plain butter ones we got.

>How often do you "blow" Don, cshenkie?

That was Greg Sorrow, in case it didn't speak for itself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-11-30, dsi1 > wrote:

> I'm having an old Hawaiian style lunch today: Frito Pie. It's
> delicious!

What makes a "Frito Pie"?

I used to know, but forget. Look's good
(and I may be living on them, shortly.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 7:45:39 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> On 2020-11-30, dsi1 > wrote:
>
> > I'm having an old Hawaiian style lunch today: Frito Pie. It's
> > delicious!

> What makes a "Frito Pie"?
>
> I used to know, but forget. Look's good
> (and I may be living on them, shortly.
>
> nb

A Frito pie is just a small bag of Fritos with chili and cheese poured on top of the Fritos.
I'm pretty sure that this is not a Frito pie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9BtbzJk_8
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-12-02, Julie Bove > wrote:

> This and the Marinara sauce are my favorite organic foods. Expensive, but by
> far the best red sauce I've ever had. They do make low sodium.
>
> https://www.amys.com/our-foods/organ...il-pasta-sauce

Tried some of "Amy's" early stuff. Was not impressed. I'll look for
the "tomato-basil" sauce, tho.

I made Italian-style "braciol", and the remaining sauce was the best
"red" sauce I've ever made.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 1:14:42 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 7:45:39 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> > On 2020-11-30, dsi1 > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having an old Hawaiian style lunch today: Frito Pie. It's
> > > delicious!

> > What makes a "Frito Pie"?
> >
> > I used to know, but forget. Look's good
> > (and I may be living on them, shortly.
> >
> > nb

> A Frito pie is just a small bag of Fritos with chili and cheese poured on top of the Fritos.
> I'm pretty sure that this is not a Frito pie:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9BtbzJk_8

There are many more recipes than that. Look, here's one in french: https://juegoscocinarpasteleria.org/...e-dans-un-sac/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 12:06:55 PM UTC-10, Transition Zone wrote:
> On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 1:14:42 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > What makes a "Frito Pie"?
> > >
> > > I used to know, but forget. Look's good
> > > (and I may be living on them, shortly.
> > >
> > > nb

> > A Frito pie is just a small bag of Fritos with chili and cheese poured on top of the Fritos.
> > I'm pretty sure that this is not a Frito pie:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9BtbzJk_8

> There are many more recipes than that. Look, here's one in french: https://juegoscocinarpasteleria.org/...e-dans-un-sac/

The French certainly have the ingredients right. Conceptually though, they're way off the mark.