Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Disgusting!

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...9-8bf3a34a1361

McCraps is at it again!*:-(

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/30/2020 6:02 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/mcdonalds-mcrib
>

> John Kuthe,

Doesn't affect you in the least so no need to get your pink knickers in
a twist.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:49:16 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/30/2020 6:02 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/mcdonalds-mcrib
> >

> > John Kuthe,

> Doesn't affect you in the least so no need to get your pink knickers in
> a twist.
>
> Jill

Ever see a Naked McRib? Disgusting! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:57:26 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:49:16 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 10/30/2020 6:02 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> > https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/mcdonalds-mcrib
>> >

>> > John Kuthe,

>> Doesn't affect you in the least so no need to get your pink knickers in
>> a twist.
>>
>> Jill

>Ever see a Naked McRib? Disgusting! :-(

You forget we've all been exposed to pics of your 'VSTD' dinners,
John.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/30/2020 6:57 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:49:16 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 10/30/2020 6:02 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/mcdonalds-mcrib
>>>

>>> John Kuthe,

>> Doesn't affect you in the least so no need to get your pink knickers in
>> a twist.
>>
>> Jill

> Ever see a Naked McRib? Disgusting! :-(
>

> John Kuthe...

Doesn't matter. I know what I McRib sandwich is. I've never bought
one, makes no difference to me (or to you, Mr. "Vegetarian").

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...9-8bf3a34a1361
>
> McCraps is at it again!*:-(
>

> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

You could get one and eat it secretly, or pretend it was a gift.
But you'd have to do a lot of sweaty sexy ripping to burn off the
meat calories.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:57:31 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:49:16 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> > On 10/30/2020 6:02 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/mcdonalds-mcrib
> > >

> > > John Kuthe,

> > Doesn't affect you in the least so no need to get your pink knickers in
> > a twist.
> >
> > Jill

> Ever see a Naked McRib? Disgusting! :-(

Thou shalt not approach a McRib to uncover its nakedness.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 17:07:13 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:57:31 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

>> > Doesn't affect you in the least so no need to get your pink knickers in
>> > a twist.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Ever see a Naked McRib? Disgusting! :-(
>>

>Thou shalt not approach a McRib to uncover its nakedness.

Is a McRib what they made woman of?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Doesn't affect you in the least so no need to get your pink knickers in
> a twist.

in the dark ages when i would eat more fast food i tried a
few of them. not bad. some years ago they had them and i
tried them again. agreed, disgusting.

i would probably eat them again if i were hungry enough and
someone put them in front of me, but i doubt i'd spend any of
my own money on them.

i'm not completely against fast food, but most of it isn't
all that great so i'd rather eat our own cooking instead. it
also used to be a thing about feeding people cheaply but now
i can't really think that fast food is cheap when a single
sandwich is $5-7 and a meal is $10 or more. for that price
the chinese place we like is 10x more tasty and edible.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/30/2020 6:02 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...9-8bf3a34a1361
>
> McCraps is at it again!*:-(
>

> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

Does not say much about the taste of American fast food buyers

The McRib has been a beloved menu item at McDonalds since its
inception nearly 40 years ago, said Vice President of Menu Innovation,
Linda VanGosen. Theres nothing quite like the taste of the McRib. To
our customers, its become more than a delicious, saucy moment its a
season, and its taking the internet by storm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 7:16:19 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 17:07:13 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:

> >> Ever see a Naked McRib? Disgusting! :-(
> >>

> >Thou shalt not approach a McRib to uncover its nakedness.

> Is a McRib what they made woman of?

Indeed. McEve was made by Ronald McGod from the McRib of McAdam.
Eventually, McEve was deceived by the Hamburglar into eating the Apple Pie,
which she shared with McAdam, and Ronald McGod tossed them both out of
McDonaldland.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:

> in the dark ages when i would eat more fast food i tried a
> few of them.

lol "in the dark ages when I would eat more fast food"

Why always the disclaimers here about eating fast food?
Another good on is, "I will admit that I ate some."

Fast food is different. If you don't like it, don't eat it.
No need for all the criticism constantly. No need to "admit"
that you ate some like it was a horrible thing you did.

Note: I've never had a McRib sandwich. I just don't like
any tomato sauced meat on a bun.
I had a meatball sub from somewhere. Good filling but
not on a roll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 7:30:40 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> songbird wrote:
> >
> > in the dark ages when i would eat more fast food i tried a
> > few of them.

> lol "in the dark ages when I would eat more fast food"
>
> Why always the disclaimers here about eating fast food?
> Another good on is, "I will admit that I ate some."
>
> Fast food is different. If you don't like it, don't eat it.
> No need for all the criticism constantly. No need to "admit"
> that you ate some like it was a horrible thing you did.
>
> Note: I've never had a McRib sandwich. I just don't like
> any tomato sauced meat on a bun.
> I had a meatball sub from somewhere. Good filling but
> not on a roll.

Heck, I like fast food. I seldom buy it unless I'm on the road,
like when we go camping. I tell you what's great, Popeyes'
spicy bone-in chicken.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 4:30:07 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 7:30:40 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> > songbird wrote:
> > >
> > > in the dark ages when i would eat more fast food i tried a
> > > few of them.

> > lol "in the dark ages when I would eat more fast food"
> >
> > Why always the disclaimers here about eating fast food?
> > Another good on is, "I will admit that I ate some."
> >
> > Fast food is different. If you don't like it, don't eat it.
> > No need for all the criticism constantly. No need to "admit"
> > that you ate some like it was a horrible thing you did.
> >
> > Note: I've never had a McRib sandwich. I just don't like
> > any tomato sauced meat on a bun.
> > I had a meatball sub from somewhere. Good filling but
> > not on a roll.

> Heck, I like fast food. I seldom buy it unless I'm on the road,
> like when we go camping. I tell you what's great, Popeyes'
> spicy bone-in chicken.
>
> --Bryan

My daughter brought home a Popeye's chicken sandwich. It's a pretty good chicken sandwich. Completely unobjectionable. It's just not something that we'd ever order - unless we were sick or something.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 9:19:28 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 4:30:07 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > lol "in the dark ages when I would eat more fast food"
> > >
> > > Why always the disclaimers here about eating fast food?
> > > Another good on is, "I will admit that I ate some."
> > >
> > > Fast food is different. If you don't like it, don't eat it.
> > > No need for all the criticism constantly. No need to "admit"
> > > that you ate some like it was a horrible thing you did.
> > >
> > > Note: I've never had a McRib sandwich. I just don't like
> > > any tomato sauced meat on a bun.
> > > I had a meatball sub from somewhere. Good filling but
> > > not on a roll.

> > Heck, I like fast food. I seldom buy it unless I'm on the road,
> > like when we go camping. I tell you what's great, Popeyes'
> > spicy bone-in chicken.
> >
> > --Bryan

> My daughter brought home a Popeye's chicken sandwich. It's a pretty good chicken sandwich. Completely unobjectionable. It's just not something that we'd ever order - unless we were sick or something.

A chicken sandwich could never be as good as a piece of bone-in
fried chicken.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 5:35:37 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 9:19:28 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> > > Heck, I like fast food. I seldom buy it unless I'm on the road,
> > > like when we go camping. I tell you what's great, Popeyes'
> > > spicy bone-in chicken.
> > >
> > > --Bryan

> > My daughter brought home a Popeye's chicken sandwich. It's a pretty good chicken sandwich. Completely unobjectionable. It's just not something that we'd ever order - unless we were sick or something.

> A chicken sandwich could never be as good as a piece of bone-in
> fried chicken.
>
> --Bryan

I will not disagree with that.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ePNp5kPmUzgdPc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 9:42:55 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 5:35:37 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > My daughter brought home a Popeye's chicken sandwich. It's a pretty good chicken sandwich. Completely unobjectionable. It's just not something that we'd ever order - unless we were sick or something.

> > A chicken sandwich could never be as good as a piece of bone-in
> > fried chicken.
> >
> > --Bryan

> I will not disagree with that.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ePNp5kPmUzgdPc

That is burned chicken.

https://fortune.com/2017/10/19/popeyes-fried-chicken/

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 5:50:15 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 9:42:55 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> > > A chicken sandwich could never be as good as a piece of bone-in
> > > fried chicken.
> > >
> > > --Bryan

> > I will not disagree with that.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ePNp5kPmUzgdPc

> That is burned chicken.
>
> https://fortune.com/2017/10/19/popeyes-fried-chicken/
>
> --Bryan

Indeed it is. I will add a good amount of sugar to grilled chicken in order to get a caramelized/burnt surface. It's not for everybody but sometimes that's what's required.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...2wuNZEGvsKIAFK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 10:09:10 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 5:50:15 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > I will not disagree with that.
> > >
> > > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ePNp5kPmUzgdPc

> > That is burned chicken.
> >
> > https://fortune.com/2017/10/19/popeyes-fried-chicken/
> >
> > --Bryan

> Indeed it is. I will add a good amount of sugar to grilled chicken in order to get a caramelized/burnt surface. It's not for everybody but sometimes that's what's required.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...2wuNZEGvsKIAFK

Caramelized can be good. Burnt is never a plus.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Why always the disclaimers here about eating fast food?
> Another good on is, "I will admit that I ate some."

are you proud of eating food that will make you
sick if you keep eating too much of it all the time?

are you proud of eating food which is based upon an
often unsustainable exploitation of the natural world?

are you proud of doing those things and spending
even more money than necessary to exist?

to me these are similar to the signs of the greedy
people who like to think that conspicuous consumption
mean something as a status symbol, but to me it looks
like idiocy. the same with those who get morbidly
obese.

to me eating fast food all the time would be an
admission that i'm not behaving well and yes it's
wrong and a sign that i should change my behavior.

learning to cook, even simple things is an
important skill, adding to that some gardening where
you grow some of your own food can at least get a
person more in touch with the natural world and a
start to appreciating the planet which gives them
life instead of living in a sterile box and eating
little cubes of processed foods.

but as they say, to each their own. *shrug*

songbird

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Nov 1, , songbird wrote
(in article >):

> learning to cook, even simple things is an
> important skill, adding to that some gardening where
> you grow some of your own food can at least get a
> person more in touch with the natural world and a
> start to appreciating the planet which gives them
> life instead of living in a sterile box and eating
> little cubes of processed foods.
>
> but as they say, to each their own. *shrug*

Unless youre a vegetarian, dont forget to learn to kill, dress and cook
fish and game. Thats also the natural world. I had Chicken McNuggets last
night.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Nov 2020 23:09:44 -0800, Leo >
wrote:

>On 2020 Nov 1, , songbird wrote
>(in article >):
>
>> learning to cook, even simple things is an
>> important skill, adding to that some gardening where
>> you grow some of your own food can at least get a
>> person more in touch with the natural world and a
>> start to appreciating the planet which gives them
>> life instead of living in a sterile box and eating
>> little cubes of processed foods.
>>
>> but as they say, to each their own. *shrug*

>Unless youre a vegetarian, dont forget to learn to kill, dress and cook
>fish and game. Thats also the natural world. I had Chicken McNuggets last
>night.

Hardly natural.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:
> songbird wrote:

>> learning to cook, even simple things is an
>> important skill, adding to that some gardening where
>> you grow some of your own food can at least get a
>> person more in touch with the natural world and a
>> start to appreciating the planet which gives them
>> life instead of living in a sterile box and eating
>> little cubes of processed foods.
>>
>> but as they say, to each their own. *shrug*

> Unless youre a vegetarian, dont forget to learn to kill, dress and cook
> fish and game. Thats also the natural world. I had Chicken McNuggets last
> night.

i have done all those things, but not in recent years.
in general i don't eat meat at every meal or every day
but a few times a week. if times get hard i know how to
survive and will eat anything and everything i need to
for getting along, but i'm glad for the moment that we're
able to do what we're doing.

a large part of the food we eat comes from our gardens.
all food scraps and paper scraps get recycled in the worm
farm and then what comes from the worm farm ends up being
used as our fertilizer in the gardens. it is a nice system
of doing things which gradually is improving our gardens
instead of depleting them (it could be doing even better
but Mom is picky about how things look so i can't do cover
crops through the winter as i'd like).

i have been a vegetarian in the past, but not a strict
one and i may go back to that in the future to where i am
eating meat only a few times a month. we'll see... i sure
understand the point of being vegan too, but to me that is
a pretty slippery slope as to how you define animal and
at what point you cut off the exploitation of animals for
our own existence. to me we live within a natural system
and if done properly it doesn't have to be destructive as
it currently is, but that also means controlling the
population and leaving some areas wild. no, i haven't
had any children and have no plans to have any. when i'm
gone i also hope to put some of what is left into wild
land protections and efforts to encourage diversity and
perhaps even space colonies as it would be a good idea to
get all of our eggs out of one basket...

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Why always the disclaimers here about eating fast food?
> > Another good on is, "I will admit that I ate some."

> are you proud of eating food that will make you
> sick if you keep eating too much of it all the time?
>
> are you proud of eating food which is based upon an
> often unsustainable exploitation of the natural world?
>
> are you proud of doing those things and spending
> even more money than necessary to exist?
>
> to me these are similar to the signs of the greedy
> people who like to think that conspicuous consumption
> mean something as a status symbol, but to me it looks
> like idiocy. the same with those who get morbidly
> obese.
>
> to me eating fast food all the time would be an
> admission that i'm not behaving well and yes it's
> wrong and a sign that i should change my behavior.
>
> learning to cook, even simple things is an
> important skill, adding to that some gardening where
> you grow some of your own food can at least get a
> person more in touch with the natural world and a
> start to appreciating the planet which gives them
> life instead of living in a sterile box and eating
> little cubes of processed foods.
>
> but as they say, to each their own. *shrug*

I was going to cut out a bit of that but I left your
entire rant quoted. I must have made you mad. lol

In this group, it seems to only be one extreme vs another.

Your post talks like I eat fast food all the time. Just
because I like the stuff doesn't mean that. Get real.
I normally will buy fast food 3-4 times a year.
Haven't bought any in 2020 so far.

I rarely get fast food but when I do, I don't
apologize for it or consider it a retro back to the dark ages.
It's just a good occasional treat for me.

You even finished your rant with a lecture about learning
to cook and eating better food. LOL.

"Settle down, Beavis."

You just did this above.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:

> I had Chicken McNuggets last
> night.

Those are good plain and also dipped in their sweet and sour
sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 10:15:13 AM UTC-6, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Caramelized can be good. Burnt is never a plus.
>
> --Bryan

Burnt gets one al the Carbon they need in their diet! ;-)

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 2:56:44 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 10:15:13 AM UTC-6, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > Caramelized can be good. Burnt is never a plus.
> >
> > --Bryan

> Burnt gets one al the Carbon they need in their diet! ;-)
>

> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

It's different than when your mom burnt food. For one thing, it's entirely on purpose, not accidental. My burnt food doesn't taste like burnt food, beats me why it doesn't. When your mom burnt food, it tasted awful. My food tastes awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...1DrOgjBR5j29Bd

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> It's different than when your mom burnt food. For one thing,
> it's entirely on purpose, not accidental. My burnt food
> doesn't taste like burnt food, beats me why it doesn't.
> When your mom burnt food, it tasted awful.
> My food tastes awesome.

Remember when blacked food was popular. A controled burn
can be good.

Whenever I made bbq chicken on the grill, I would blacken
the hell out of the raw chicken. Right before it was done,
I'd add the bbq sauce a few times. It was good stuff.

I've also accidentally blacked toast a few times. It was
also good in it's unique way. Different taste but not
bad at all.

"Black Food Matters"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 7:50:54 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > It's different than when your mom burnt food. For one thing,
> > it's entirely on purpose, not accidental. My burnt food
> > doesn't taste like burnt food, beats me why it doesn't.
> > When your mom burnt food, it tasted awful.
> > My food tastes awesome.

> Remember when blacked food was popular. A controled burn
> can be good.
>
> Whenever I made bbq chicken on the grill, I would blacken
> the hell out of the raw chicken. Right before it was done,
> I'd add the bbq sauce a few times. It was good stuff.
>
> I've also accidentally blacked toast a few times. It was
> also good in it's unique way. Different taste but not
> bad at all.
>
> "Black Food Matters"

A LITTLE burnt can be good, but very burnt is like eating a charcoal briquette! A little burnt gets you every stage of caramelization from barely*caramelized to charcoal (100% burnt).

I cook my English Toffee to 310F-315F which is very close to burnt.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-11-02 8:50 a.m., Gary wrote:

> I've also accidentally blacked toast a few times. It was
> also good in it's unique way. Different taste but not
> bad at all.
>
> "Black Food Matters"

I like slightly burned toast with honey on it. It is a special treat.
If I am making toast and smell a bit of smoke it is not a disaster, just
a warning to pop it up and get out the honey.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 9:35:37 AM UTC-6, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> A chicken sandwich could never be as good as a piece of bone-in
> fried chicken.
>
> --Bryan

I would love to try Cultured Grown Chicken, grown sterile from a chicken stem cell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4

Chicken Meat without killing a chicken! Just Meat!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2020 18:14:36 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Nov 2020 23:09:44 -0800, Leo >
>wrote:
>
>>On 2020 Nov 1, , songbird wrote
>>(in article >):
>>
>>> learning to cook, even simple things is an
>>> important skill, adding to that some gardening where
>>> you grow some of your own food can at least get a
>>> person more in touch with the natural world and a
>>> start to appreciating the planet which gives them
>>> life instead of living in a sterile box and eating
>>> little cubes of processed foods.
>>>
>>> but as they say, to each their own. *shrug*

>>Unless youre a vegetarian, dont forget to learn to kill, dress and cook
>>fish and game. Thats also the natural world. I had Chicken McNuggets last
>>night.

>Hardly natural.

Hardly chicken... I've never eaten those mystery nuggets. I read that
they are less than 50% chicken. I can easily and quickly make my own
chicken nuggets from skinless boneless chicken breasts. My favorite
recipe is to stir fry diced chicken and then use them in a quick
chicken eggdrop soup... with snow peas, bok choy, 'shrooms, whatever
is your heart's desire.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2020 07:39:48 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>songbird wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> > Why always the disclaimers here about eating fast food?
>> > Another good on is, "I will admit that I ate some."

>> are you proud of eating food that will make you
>> sick if you keep eating too much of it all the time?
>>
>> are you proud of eating food which is based upon an
>> often unsustainable exploitation of the natural world?
>>
>> are you proud of doing those things and spending
>> even more money than necessary to exist?
>>
>> to me these are similar to the signs of the greedy
>> people who like to think that conspicuous consumption
>> mean something as a status symbol, but to me it looks
>> like idiocy. the same with those who get morbidly
>> obese.
>>
>> to me eating fast food all the time would be an
>> admission that i'm not behaving well and yes it's
>> wrong and a sign that i should change my behavior.
>>
>> learning to cook, even simple things is an
>> important skill, adding to that some gardening where
>> you grow some of your own food can at least get a
>> person more in touch with the natural world and a
>> start to appreciating the planet which gives them
>> life instead of living in a sterile box and eating
>> little cubes of processed foods.
>>
>> but as they say, to each their own. *shrug*

>I was going to cut out a bit of that but I left your
>entire rant quoted. I must have made you mad. lol
>
>In this group, it seems to only be one extreme vs another.
>
>Your post talks like I eat fast food all the time. Just
>because I like the stuff doesn't mean that. Get real.
>I normally will buy fast food 3-4 times a year.
>Haven't bought any in 2020 so far.
>
>I rarely get fast food but when I do, I don't
>apologize for it or consider it a retro back to the dark ages.
>It's just a good occasional treat for me.
>
>You even finished your rant with a lecture about learning
>to cook and eating better food. LOL.

From reading your posts it seems that you eat that mystery meat fast
food quite often, all you need is a stack of coupons.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> From reading your posts it seems that you eat that mystery meat fast
> food quite often, all you need is a stack of coupons.

3-4 times a year, Sheldon. And rarely have coupons when I get
the urge for some. I've had a $20 gift card for McDonalds
for almost 5 months now.

The covid virus is partly to blame this year but even without
it, my main issue is that I like to shop (for anything)
very early and the fast food places don't serve the good
burgers until 11am. By then, I have no desire to drive out
again just for that.

Only morning fast food I like is the McDonald's plain
sausage biscuits. Those are good. Still, it's a rare
treat not a lifestyle eating habit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 3:50:54 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > It's different than when your mom burnt food. For one thing,
> > it's entirely on purpose, not accidental. My burnt food
> > doesn't taste like burnt food, beats me why it doesn't.
> > When your mom burnt food, it tasted awful.
> > My food tastes awesome.

> Remember when blacked food was popular. A controled burn
> can be good.
>
> Whenever I made bbq chicken on the grill, I would blacken
> the hell out of the raw chicken. Right before it was done,
> I'd add the bbq sauce a few times. It was good stuff.
>
> I've also accidentally blacked toast a few times. It was
> also good in it's unique way. Different taste but not
> bad at all.
>
> "Black Food Matters"

Black food does indeed matter. Well, maybe not so much black toast.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nFuzb__ifkOXtC

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 08:48:04 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 3:50:54 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > It's different than when your mom burnt food. For one thing,
>> > it's entirely on purpose, not accidental. My burnt food
>> > doesn't taste like burnt food, beats me why it doesn't.
>> > When your mom burnt food, it tasted awful.
>> > My food tastes awesome.

>> Remember when blacked food was popular.

Today they call black food soul food. I've tryed what's called
soul food, I don't like it, what's sold as soul food is damned
nasty... over cooked greens is disgusting.... what the **** is greens
anyway? Soul food is really crap, the rotten garbage fed to negro
slaves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> I was going to cut out a bit of that but I left your
> entire rant quoted. I must have made you mad. lol

nah, it takes a lot to make me mad. sometimes i
just enjoy writing and i can type pretty fast.

> In this group, it seems to only be one extreme vs another.
>
> Your post talks like I eat fast food all the time. Just
> because I like the stuff doesn't mean that. Get real.
> I normally will buy fast food 3-4 times a year.
> Haven't bought any in 2020 so far.
>
> I rarely get fast food but when I do, I don't
> apologize for it or consider it a retro back to the dark ages.
> It's just a good occasional treat for me.
>
> You even finished your rant with a lecture about learning
> to cook and eating better food. LOL.
>
> "Settle down, Beavis."

i'm as cool as a cucumber...

which reminds me to write up something funny for the
gardening newsgroup.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> Black food does indeed matter. Well, maybe not so much black toast.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nFuzb__ifkOXtC

my favorite way to eat marshmallows is with a
lighter and a fork. i'm quite happy with a bit
of a burn on some foods and others even more so.
bbq chicken is just not right with me if it isn't
off the grill and charred a bit with the bbq
sauce crisped in spots too.

p.s. bone in and skin on. none of that tasteless,
boneless sawdust breast meat for me. ick.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 1:24:07 PM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > Black food does indeed matter. Well, maybe not so much black toast.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nFuzb__ifkOXtC

> my favorite way to eat marshmallows is with a
> lighter and a fork. i'm quite happy with a bit
> of a burn on some foods and others even more so.
> bbq chicken is just not right with me if it isn't
> off the grill and charred a bit with the bbq
> sauce crisped in spots too.
>
> p.s. bone in and skin on. none of that tasteless,
> boneless sawdust breast meat for me. ick.

If it's tasteless sawdust, then you've overcooked it.
Any lean meat like chicken breast, pork tenderloin,
or most fish will not thank you for immolating it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> p.s. bone in and skin on. none of that tasteless,
>> boneless sawdust breast meat for me. ick.

> If it's tasteless sawdust, then you've overcooked it.
> Any lean meat like chicken breast, pork tenderloin,
> or most fish will not thank you for immolating it.

True. Chicken breast meat has a small window between under cooked and
overcooked. Under cooked is not nice. Overcooked is tough, dry and
tasteless. Perfectly cooked is great. I like grilling boneless,
skinless chicken breasts and shop for them at one particular store
because they always carry a good supply of small breasts. I can get them
cooked through to the centre without overcooking the outsides.

Lucky for me that I like the dark meat. Being less popular, it tends to
be cheaper. It is much more resilient to cooking time. It's almost hard
to overcook chicken thighs.