Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Disgusting!

"Gary" wrote in message ...

songbird wrote:

> you must remember that "back in the day" they didn't
> have baggies. Grandma sent the kids to school with
> their sandwiches wrapped in newspaper and tied with
> string and woe to the kid that did not bring the string
> back home...

Well, I'm not that old. Back in my day, sandwiches
were wrapped in wax paper. And put in paper bags
or in lunch boxes.

===

LOL you are not a lad!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/5/2020 11:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 20:43:48 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message
>>
>> On Sun, 01 Nov 2020 23:09:44 -0800, Leo >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2020 Nov 1, , songbird wrote
>>> (in article >):

>>> Unless you€„¢re a vegetarian, don€„¢t forget to learn to
>>> kill, dress and
>>> cook
>>> fish and game. That€„¢s also the natural world. I had Chicken
>>> McNuggets
>>> last
>>> night.

>> Hardly natural.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Â* Please describe, Chicken McNuggets' ?

> They're pieces of tortured factory chicken with urine stains hidden
> with bleach (in the US). The pieces are coated and deepfried.
> Sometimes they make strange sounds when you bite into them. Other
> times you bite into them and your teeth bounce back.
>
> =====
>
> Â*Oh!

Good lord! Why do you believe anything he posts?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 13:16:47 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/5/2020 11:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message
>>
>> On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 20:43:48 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message

>>> Hardly natural.
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> Â* Please describe, Chicken McNuggets' ?

>> They're pieces of tortured factory chicken with urine stains hidden
>> with bleach (in the US). The pieces are coated and deepfried.
>> Sometimes they make strange sounds when you bite into them. Other
>> times you bite into them and your teeth bounce back.
>>
>> =====
>>
>> Â*Oh!
>>

>Good lord! Why do you believe anything he posts?

What's not true about it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-11-05 11:34 a.m., Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> In America, the schools serve lunches to get the kids ready for the
>> real world dining experience - just in case they're incarcerated
>> for an extensive stay in prison. That's very kind and forward
>> thinking of them.

> That's funny but I always liked the school lunches. Much better that
> a PBJ sandwich in a paper bag.

I only attended one school that had a proper cafeteria where you could
buy a proper meal. I only went to that school for three month because my
father was transferred to another city. My new high school had only
vending machines, one for soft drinks, one for hot drinks, one for candy
and one for crappy sandwiches.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-11-05 12:05 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 6:34:48 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

>> That's funny but I always liked the school lunches. Much better
>> that a PBJ sandwich in a paper bag.

> Who knew that prison food could be better than peanut butter and
> jelly sandwiches in a paper bag?

My younger brother worked for a while in a provincial jail. He used to
eat in the cafeteria and got the same food as the inmates, and he
thought the food was really good.

Hospital food has a bad reputation. When I spent a week in the hospital
10 years ago I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. When
I spend a week in a different hospital two months ago I could not
believe how bad the food was. On my last day there I could not have
breakfast because of a procedure I was going to have done. I really
didn't mind. Over the previous 6 days I had missed so many meals for one
reason or another that I was used to being hungry, and the food was so
bad I was not going to miss it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 12:11:40 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> In America, the schools serve lunches to get the kids ready for the real world dining experience - just in case they're incarcerated for an extensive stay in prison. That's very kind and forward thinking of them.

> > That's funny but I always liked the school lunches. Much better
> > that a PBJ sandwich in a paper bag.
> >

> Sounds like he must have done some prison time. Probably for fraud.

I liked the lunches about half the time. They were never great, but
sometimes they were pretty good They royally screwed up stuff that
kids *should* like, like burgers and pizza, but stuff like baked chicken
was actually baked that day. Sure, they used canned vegetables, but I
liked canned green beans and corn, and I still like canned green beans.
Starting in 6th grade, we could buy ala carte, and when they'd have chili
or chicken noodle soup, I'd buy 2 or 3 bowls.

The best thing, though, was the federally subsidized milk. In elementary
school, it was 2 cents a 1/2 pint carton (a little less that 1/4 liter). It
soon went up to 3 cents, then 5, and by high school (mid-1970s) it was
10. It was whole milk, and my mother bought 2%. There were plenty
of days where I bought 4 or 5 milks, and sometimes even more.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 12:19:16 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 13:16:47 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
> >On 11/5/2020 11:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> >>

> >> "Bruce" wrote in message

> >> They're pieces of tortured factory chicken with urine stains hidden
> >> with bleach (in the US). The pieces are coated and deepfried.
> >> Sometimes they make strange sounds when you bite into them. Other
> >> times you bite into them and your teeth bounce back.
> >>
> >> =====
> >>
> >> Oh!
> >>

> >Good lord! Why do you believe anything he posts?

> What's not true about it?

Bruce, I believe that you believe that the bleach is to hide
"urine stains." It isn't. It's to reduce bacterial count. It is
true that USA chicken tends to be processed in ways that
get more bacteria on the chicken, and the bleach solution
is in some ways, compensation for that. You got the urine
stains BS from other vegetarians who like to demonize all
meat eating.

In order to bleach away stains of any kind, you'd need a
bleach solution that is 20-30-40 times stronger than would
leave the meat edible. Seriously.

Kosher chickens aren't bleach treated. That is because
Kosher rules don't allow cutting into the intestine. If that
happens, the chicken is tossed into the non-kosher bin, and
the knife is cleaned before being reused. This is the truth.
Look into what I wrote, and then you will know that what you
were posting about urine stains was misinformation.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/5/2020 11:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Bruce"ÂÂ* wrote in message
>>
>> On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 20:43:48 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Bruce"ÂÂ* wrote in message

>>> Hardly natural.
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> ÂÂ* Please describe, Chicken McNuggets' ?

>> They're pieces of tortured factory chicken with urine stains hidden
>> with bleach (in the US). The pieces are coated and deepfried.
>> Sometimes they make strange sounds when you bite into them. Other
>> times you bite into them and your teeth bounce back.
>>
>> =====
>>
>> Â*ÂÂ*Oh!
>>

> Good lord! Why do you believe anything he posts?
>
> Jill

*100%* Hook, line, and sinker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 11:07:28 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>Bruce, I believe that you believe that the bleach is to hide
>"urine stains." It isn't. It's to reduce bacterial count. It is
>true that USA chicken tends to be processed in ways that
>get more bacteria on the chicken, and the bleach solution
>is in some ways, compensation for that. You got the urine
>stains BS from other vegetarians who like to demonize all
>meat eating.

Chickens get sores from sitting on their own droppings in the chicken
factories. The industry tries to hide these stains.

>In order to bleach away stains of any kind, you'd need a
>bleach solution that is 20-30-40 times stronger than would
>leave the meat edible. Seriously.
>
>Kosher chickens aren't bleach treated. That is because
>Kosher rules don't allow cutting into the intestine. If that
>happens, the chicken is tossed into the non-kosher bin, and
>the knife is cleaned before being reused. This is the truth.
>Look into what I wrote, and then you will know that what you
>were posting about urine stains was misinformation.

Kosher and halal slaughtering of animals should be banned worldwide.
As if your friend in the sky likes you more if you torture animals
extra.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 11:07:28 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
>> Bruce, I believe that you believe that the bleach is to hide
>> "urine stains." It isn't. It's to reduce bacterial count. It is
>> true that USA chicken tends to be processed in ways that
>> get more bacteria on the chicken, and the bleach solution
>> is in some ways, compensation for that. You got the urine
>> stains BS from other vegetarians who like to demonize all
>> meat eating.

> Chickens get sores from sitting on their own droppings in the chicken
> factories. The industry tries to hide these stains.
>
>> In order to bleach away stains of any kind, you'd need a
>> bleach solution that is 20-30-40 times stronger than would
>> leave the meat edible. Seriously.
>>
>> Kosher chickens aren't bleach treated. That is because
>> Kosher rules don't allow cutting into the intestine. If that
>> happens, the chicken is tossed into the non-kosher bin, and
>> the knife is cleaned before being reused. This is the truth.
>> Look into what I wrote, and then you will know that what you
>> were posting about urine stains was misinformation.

> Kosher and halal slaughtering of animals should be banned worldwide.
> As if your friend in the sky likes you more if you torture animals
> extra.

Druce, yoose sound like a broken record.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 12:50:57 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-11-05 12:05 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 6:34:48 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> >> That's funny but I always liked the school lunches. Much better
> >> that a PBJ sandwich in a paper bag.

> > Who knew that prison food could be better than peanut butter and
> > jelly sandwiches in a paper bag?

> My younger brother worked for a while in a provincial jail. He used to
> eat in the cafeteria and got the same food as the inmates, and he
> thought the food was really good.
>

> Hospital food has a bad reputation. When I spent a week in the hospital
> 10 years ago I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. When
> I spend a week in a different hospital two months ago I could not
> believe how bad the food was. On my last day there I could not have
> breakfast because of a procedure I was going to have done. I really
> didn't mind. Over the previous 6 days I had missed so many meals for one
> reason or another that I was used to being hungry, and the food was so
> bad I was not going to miss it.

I was also in the hospital about 10 years ago, and I liked the food too.
I also liked the food at the hospital cafeteria. Tell you the cafeteria that
had great food was the cafeteria at St. Louis University back when my
wife went there in the late 1980s. It was operated by Marriot. I'd meet
her for lunch. I've always liked cafeterias, but I'm obviously in the
minority. I even put one in my book.

***************
The employees at the school cafeteria had so easily succumbed to her
charms. Even the grumpiest of them, a woman about Ian's age, softened
when she saw Winter. The second day they'd eaten in the cafeteria,
Winter's phone rang, and she just let it ring in her purse. She had been
deciding between two side dishes, and had inquired what was in one of
them when it rang. The woman had brusquely asked her, "Aren't you
going to answer that?"
Winter had said, "No, I'm already talking to somebody. Whoever it is,
they can wait." Without even realizing how meaningful her words might
be, Winter had told this person that she was "Somebody."
***************

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> As if your friend in the sky likes you more if you torture animals
> extra.

the only reason that the new testament and Jesus became
critical was that there were too many sins and not enough
animals could ever be provided to make the blood sacrifices
for sins to be possible any longer.

the context is always important and as such it was also
similar to how in a different earlier context that many of
the sins of the OT bible were such because a nomadic warrior
tribe required every male possible to be born so they could
fight or make more babies. *** people not allowed because
the society would be overrun by any other tribe that could
use a larger percentage of their population for fighting.

of course women not allowed. not often. just bad luck.
which with the rates of childred dying young and compli-
cations of birthing is a good idea anyways, back then. now
we just ship the women out with the guys to get shot at.
we're more civilized that way.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 Gary wrote:
>dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> In America, the schools serve lunches to get the kids ready for the real world dining experience<Snip off line>

>That's funny but I always liked the school lunches. Much better
>that a PBJ sandwich in a paper bag.

I loved the school hot lunches, much better than mom's boring tuna
salad or bologna on white. The lunch ladies made great soups, lima
bean was a favorite, also tomato with tube steak coins, delicious meat
loaf, and pasta with meat sauce. The lunch ladies liked how I enjoyed
all their food, they knew that I especially loved their ground veal
patties in gravy, they always served me a double portion because they
knew I would eat every last speck, none wasted.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 18:02:26 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 13:45:15 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 3:03:17 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>>> They're pieces of tortured factory chicken with urine stains hidden
>>> with bleach (in the US). The pieces are coated and deepfried.
>>> Sometimes they make strange sounds when you bite into them. Other
>>> times you bite into them and your teeth bounce back.
>>>

>>It's going to an absolutely thrilling day whenever Google can be accessed
>>in Scotland. I just hope OhFeelMe is still around to be able to access it
>>answer her endless questions of what something is or how whatever is
>>cooked.
>>
>>Whenever Scotland comes out of the Dark Ages I think we should all join
>>in a hearty shout of HALLELUJAH!!!

>I'm more hoping that the US is coming out of the dark ages today and
>is joining the civilised world again.
>
>====
>
> Good heavens!! Is he still trying to insult me??? Does he never give
>up?? Boy oh boy he is so boring??
>
> LOL

It was Joan. She thinks you represent entire Scotland.

====

Really)))) LOL That doesn't surprise me <g> He does show himself to
be very thick LOLOL

If that is what he thinks then really is VERY thick LOLOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>>
>>> In America, the schools serve lunches to get the kids ready for the real world dining experience<Snip off line>

>> That's funny but I always liked the school lunches. Much better
>> that a PBJ sandwich in a paper bag.

> I loved the school hot lunches, much better than mom's boring tuna
> salad or bologna on white. The lunch ladies made great soups, lima
> bean was a favorite, also tomato with tube steak coins, delicious meat
> loaf, and pasta with meat sauce. The lunch ladies liked how I enjoyed
> all their food, they knew that I especially loved their ground veal
> patties in gravy, they always served me a double portion because they
> knew I would eat every last speck, none wasted.

And don't forget those lunch ladies enormous zoftig titties Popeye!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> As if your friend in the sky likes you more if you torture animals
>> extra.

> the only reason that the new testament and Jesus became
> critical was that there were too many sins and not enough
> animals could ever be provided to make the blood sacrifices
> for sins to be possible any longer.
>
> songbird

So god had lost his magic powers and was unable to create
additional animals for sacrifice?

What happened to him? I bet the devil took away his magic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/5/2020 1:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> Hospital food has a bad reputation.Â* When I spent a week in the hospital
> 10 years ago I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was.Â* When
> I spend a week in a different hospital two months ago I could not
> believe how bad the food was.Â* On my last day there I could not have
> breakfast because of a procedure I was going to have done. I really
> didn't mind. Over the previous 6 days I had missed so many meals for one
> reason or another that I was used to being hungry, and the food was so
> bad I was not going to miss it.

I worked with a guy in Memphis who told me his parents used to go to a
local hospital cafeteria once a week for dinner. Yes, they liked the
hospital cafeteria food that much.

In my most recent hospital stay (2008), other than clear broth I really
didn't get to eat anything for several days. When they finally said I
could have a "hamburger" (it turned out to be a "loose meat" sandwich) I
was so hungry by that time I didn't really care as long as it was some
solid food. Actually, it was pretty good.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 5:11:43 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 9:35:37 AM UTC-6, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > A chicken sandwich could never be as good as a piece of bone-in
> > fried chicken.
> >
> > --Bryan

> I would love to try Cultured Grown Chicken, grown sterile from a chicken stem cell:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4
>
> Chicken Meat without killing a chicken! Just Meat!
>

> John Kuthe...

You might be able to feast on cultured chicken sooner than you think.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...for-first-time
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:29:18 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> You might be able to feast on cultured chicken sooner than you think.
> https://www.theguardian.com/environm...for-first-time

I will be among the first to BUY and eat Cultured Meats when they become available in the U.S.!

I KNOW how they are culture grown from animal meat stem cells:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4

Perfect! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 07:55:44 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:29:18 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
>> You might be able to feast on cultured chicken sooner than you think.
>> https://www.theguardian.com/environm...for-first-time

>I will be among the first to BUY and eat Cultured Meats when they become available in the U.S.!
>
>I KNOW how they are culture grown from animal meat stem cells:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4
>
>Perfect! :-)
>
>John Kuthe

Imagine the IQ of Kootchie's brain stem... minus wouln't go low
enough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-12-04 1:30 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 07:55:44 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe

or-first-time

>> I will be among the first to BUY and eat Cultured Meats when they become available in the U.S.!
>>
>> I KNOW how they are culture grown from animal meat stem cells:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4
>>
>> Perfect! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe

> Imagine the IQ of Kootchie's brain stem... minus wouln't go low
> enough.

Imagine the IQ of a person who thinks that IQ is determined by the brain
stem.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

After serious thinking Dave Smith wrote :
> On 2020-12-04 1:30 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> Imagine the IQ of Kootchie's brain stem... minus wouln't go low
>> enough.

> Imagine the IQ of a person who thinks that IQ is determined by the brain
> stem.

Shelly always has some sort of stem on
his mind.