Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meatloaf Appreciation Day

Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
You all can have my share.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
> You all can have my share.
>
> --Bryan

Same here. I'm grilling chicken tonight.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2020 10:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>> You all can have my share.
>>
>> --Bryan

> Same here. I'm grilling chicken tonight.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'm thinking about grilling Italian sausages. Gary will thrilled to hear
the temps have finally cooled down, humidity is down (windows open!).
It isn't raining or too windy.

I am a bit torn between doing that or making veal schniztel (I've got
some nice, thinly sliced veal "scallops"). Decisions, decisions.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:24:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
> You all can have my share.

Heh. I just posted that in the other RFC before I saw your post (a
Golden Corral email gave me the heads up).

I'm going to do Salisbury steak instead - they're little meatloaves.
With mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:48:53 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>> You all can have my share.

> Same here. I'm grilling chicken tonight.

Not like meatloaf is un-American. Or maybe you just can't make it
right.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2020 10:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>> You all can have my share.
>>
>> --Bryan

> Same here. I'm grilling chicken tonight.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Steak. Rib eye 1 1/4" thick from the piece last week's roast came from.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 11:29:56 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:24:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
> > Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
> > You all can have my share.

> Heh. I just posted that in the other RFC before I saw your post (a
> Golden Corral email gave me the heads up).
>
> I'm going to do Salisbury steak instead - they're little meatloaves.
> With mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.

In less than 3 weeks I'll be eligible for the Golden Corral Senior Early
Bird Special, though no buffets or any other eat-in dining for me until
there's an effective vaccine. I remember back in 1996, going to a
buffet and realizing that it was probably the first time I'd chowed
down on 3 different classes of animal at the same meal. I had taken
zoology the year before.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 11:33:16 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:48:53 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> >> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
> >> You all can have my share.

> > Same here. I'm grilling chicken tonight.

> Not like meatloaf is un-American. Or maybe you just can't make it
> right.

I've been called un-American for a lot better reasons than that.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 12:33:16 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:48:53 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> >> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
> >> You all can have my share.

> > Same here. I'm grilling chicken tonight.

> Not like meatloaf is un-American. Or maybe you just can't make it
> right.

Yes, I'm un-American. No, I can't make it right, but I've only tried like twice.
It's just not my sort of food.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 10:05:59 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 11:29:56 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:24:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>>> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>>> You all can have my share.

>> Heh. I just posted that in the other RFC before I saw your post (a
>> Golden Corral email gave me the heads up).
>>
>> I'm going to do Salisbury steak instead - they're little meatloaves.
>> With mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.

> In less than 3 weeks I'll be eligible for the Golden Corral Senior Early
> Bird Special, though no buffets or any other eat-in dining for me until
> there's an effective vaccine. I remember back in 1996, going to a
> buffet and realizing that it was probably the first time I'd chowed
> down on 3 different classes of animal at the same meal. I had taken
> zoology the year before.

2-4:30PM is all the stale food.

Golden Corral is hurting. They might not even be open in 3 weeks.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 1:18:13 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 10:05:59 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> Heh. I just posted that in the other RFC before I saw your post (a
> >> Golden Corral email gave me the heads up).
> >>
> >> I'm going to do Salisbury steak instead - they're little meatloaves.
> >> With mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.

> > In less than 3 weeks I'll be eligible for the Golden Corral Senior Early
> > Bird Special, though no buffets or any other eat-in dining for me until
> > there's an effective vaccine. I remember back in 1996, going to a
> > buffet and realizing that it was probably the first time I'd chowed
> > down on 3 different classes of animal at the same meal. I had taken
> > zoology the year before.

> 2-4:30PM is all the stale food.
>
> Golden Corral is hurting. They might not even be open in 3 weeks.

Every time I lamented getting old, I reminded myself about the Golden
Corral Senior Early Bird Special, and now that's being taken away.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2020 2:18 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 10:05:59 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

>>> Heh. I just posted that in the other RFC before I saw your post (a
>>> Golden Corral email gave me the heads up).
>>>
>>> I'm going to do Salisbury steak instead - they're little meatloaves.
>>> With mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.

>> In less than 3 weeks I'll be eligible for the Golden Corral Senior Early
>> Bird Special, though no buffets or any other eat-in dining for me until
>> there's an effective vaccine. I remember back in 1996, going to a
>> buffet and realizing that it was probably the first time I'd chowed
>> down on 3 different classes of animal at the same meal. I had taken
>> zoology the year before.

> 2-4:30PM is all the stale food.
>
> Golden Corral is hurting. They might not even be open in 3 weeks.
>
> -sw

I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 Bryan wrote:

>Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>You all can have my share.

Very few people know how to prepare a proper meat loaf... you can't
even write meat loaf correctly... it's two words, you ignoranus.

You'd much rather slurp schlong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 2:53:19 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:

> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.
>
> Jill

Sometimes any meal you can get is a good thing. :-)

In some places in the U.S., all the regular restaurants close on one particular day of the week, say Mondays, leaving you with a "best worst" choice if you happen to be on vacation there and then. As we discovered in Sierra Vista, Arizona a few years ago. It was either McDonald's, Burger King, or .... Golden Corral. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was ordinary as one might expect, but it was fresh, the red meats were rare and juicy, the fried food crispy, there were a lot of options for salads and vegetables and desserts, and all in all it was pretty tasty. It was a bit disconcerting to be surrounded by more very large people and large families than you were used to, all hammering away at the all-you-can-eat buffet, but not surprising given that it is an all-you-can-eat buffet. :-) And, although it had all the ambience of a high school cafeteria, the staff cleared tables rapidly and kept the place impeccably clean. Now, I don't know if that particular Golden Corral was the acme of the chain, and the rest are the pits, but given the same circumstances, I'd eat at one again, willingly.

But I'm not much of an expert on the subject, given that I've only eaten at fast food restaurants when circumstances more or less forced it, for decades, so consider that. :-)

--
Silvar Beitel
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 1:53:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 10/18/2020 2:18 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> >> In less than 3 weeks I'll be eligible for the Golden Corral Senior Early
> >> Bird Special, though no buffets or any other eat-in dining for me until
> >> there's an effective vaccine. I remember back in 1996, going to a
> >> buffet and realizing that it was probably the first time I'd chowed
> >> down on 3 different classes of animal at the same meal. I had taken
> >> zoology the year before.

> > 2-4:30PM is all the stale food.
> >
> > Golden Corral is hurting. They might not even be open in 3 weeks.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

I actually haven't been to one in years. A few times we took our son there
on his b-day because that's what he wanted. I pretty much just ate a lot
of fried chicken wings and drumsticks, and I mean a lot.

> Jill

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2020 12:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/18/2020 10:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:24:54 AM UTC-4,
>> wrote:
>>> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>>> You all can have my share.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> Same here.* I'm grilling chicken tonight.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> Steak.* Rib eye 1 1/4" thick from the piece last week's roast came from.

Sounds good! I'm thinking grilled chuck-eye steak tomorrow if the
weather holds. Tonight it's a toss-up between grilling Italian sausages
or cooking thinly sliced veal scallops (indoors).

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2020 2:57 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 Bryan wrote:
>>
>> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>> You all can have my share.

> Very few people know how to prepare a proper meat loaf... you can't
> even write meat loaf correctly... it's two words, you ignoranus.
>
> You'd much rather slurp schlong.

No, every dictionary has it as one word. Collins,Your Dictionary,
Dictionary.com and more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatloaf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_Loaf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
there, too.

When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/18/2020 2:57 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 Bryan wrote:
>>>
>>> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
>>> You all can have my share.

>> Very few people know how to prepare a proper meat loaf... you can't
>> even write meat loaf correctly... it's two words, you ignoranus.
>>
>> You'd much rather slurp schlong.
>>

> No, every dictionary has it as one word. Collins,Your Dictionary,
> Dictionary.com and more
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatloaf
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_Loaf

They must be wrong! Popeye sez it's two words.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2020 5:10 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

> It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
> bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
> It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
> there, too.
>
> When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)
>
> -sw

Not since I left TN. Then again, I never liked buffet type restaurants.
Usually too many kids running around.

Cafeterias, OTOH... Picadilly in Germantown was very good.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:10:14 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

>It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
>bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
>It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
>there, too.
>
>When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)
>
>-sw

I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
could eat at home.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 18:41:36 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:10:14 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

>>It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
>>bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
>>It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
>>there, too.
>>
>>When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)
>>
>>-sw

>I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
>Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
>the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
>parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
>could eat at home.

You cook worse food than a fast food joint?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 5:41:44 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:10:14 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
> >On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

> >It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
> >bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
> >It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
> >there, too.
> >
> >When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)
> >
> >-sw

> I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
> Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
> the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
> parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
> could eat at home.

The fried chicken is totally acceptable. Stuff like roast beef is made
from ungraded beef, but they know how to roast it. They seem to use
frozen, rather than canned vegetables. Sure, the baked fish is cheap
Alaskan pollock, but it's AYCE. It could be really bad, but it's not.
OTOH, the desserts are awful, but I don't eat dessert anyway. I don't
pay extra for a beverage, because I prefer water anyway.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:21:14 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 5:41:44 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:10:14 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> >It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
>> >bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
>> >It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
>> >there, too.
>> >
>> >When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)
>> >
>> >-sw

>> I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
>> Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
>> the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
>> parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
>> could eat at home.

>The fried chicken is totally acceptable.

Industry chicken is never acceptable, let alone totally acceptable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:30:52 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:21:14 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 5:41:44 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> >> I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
> >> Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
> >> the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
> >> parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
> >> could eat at home.

> >The fried chicken is totally acceptable.

> Industry chicken is never acceptable, let alone totally acceptable.

I wasn't commenting upon the ethics, but only the eating experience.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Oct 18, , Sheldon Martin wrote
(in >):

> Very few people know how to prepare a proper meat loaf... you can't
> even write meat loaf correctly... it's two words, you ignoranus.

Meat Loaf is a singer. I actually own a couple of his songs, and for some
reason, read his auto-biography, To Hell and Back. I really cant
explain why I read it, but the book was enjoyable at the time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:02:57 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> On 2020 Oct 18, , Sheldon Martin wrote
> (in >):
> > Very few people know how to prepare a proper meat loaf... you can't
> > even write meat loaf correctly... it's two words, you ignoranus.

> Meat Loaf is a singer. I actually own a couple of his songs, and for some
> reason, read his auto-biography, To Hell and Back. I really cant
> explain why I read it, but the book was enjoyable at the time.

He was in *Rocky Horror...* He was the "no good kid" who didn't like
his teddy bear, an obvious indicator of future deliquency.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:30:52 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:21:14 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >The fried chicken is totally acceptable.

>> Industry chicken is never acceptable, let alone totally acceptable.

>I wasn't commenting upon the ethics, but only the eating experience.

It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
with bleach. Yumm!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:31:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:30:52 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:21:14 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

> >> Industry chicken is never acceptable, let alone totally acceptable.

> >I wasn't commenting upon the ethics, but only the eating experience.

> It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
> The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
> with bleach. Yumm!

You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:30:52 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:21:14 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

>>> Industry chicken is never acceptable, let alone totally acceptable.

>> I wasn't commenting upon the ethics, but only the eating experience.

> It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
> The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
> with bleach. Yumm!

I bet yoose have some urine sores too Druce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:38:46 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:31:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

>> >I wasn't commenting upon the ethics, but only the eating experience.

>> It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
>> The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
>> with bleach. Yumm!

>You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.

True.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:31:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

>>> I wasn't commenting upon the ethics, but only the eating experience.

>> It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
>> The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
>> with bleach. Yumm!

> You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.
>
> --Bryan

No, he would gift the chicken to his buddy kuth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:50:44 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/18/2020 2:57 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 Bryan wrote:
> >>
> >> Today is Meatloaf Appreciation Day, but I'm having none of it.
> >> You all can have my share.

> > Very few people know how to prepare a proper meat loaf... you can't
> > even write meat loaf correctly... it's two words, you ignoranus.
> >
> > You'd much rather slurp schlong.
> >

> No, every dictionary has it as one word. Collins,Your Dictionary,
> Dictionary.com and more
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatloaf
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_Loaf

I love Meat Loaf, meatloaf is okay too. I never did care about meat loaf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:21:14 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> The fried chicken is totally acceptable. Stuff like roast beef is made
> from ungraded beef, but they know how to roast it. They seem to use
> frozen, rather than canned vegetables. Sure, the baked fish is cheap
> Alaskan pollock, but it's AYCE. It could be really bad, but it's not.
> OTOH, the desserts are awful, but I don't eat dessert anyway. I don't
> pay extra for a beverage, because I prefer water anyway.

Here they have bone-in fried catfish fillets - whole sides,
headless.

https://imgur.com/YCbSdIq

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:38:46 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:31:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>
>> It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
>> The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
>> with bleach. Yumm!

> You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.

You're conversing with a troll. Don't be weak and fall for it.
There's no such thing as "urine sores". Not on Chicken nor the
Depends(tm) crowd.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 23:54:02 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:38:46 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:31:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
>>> The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
>>> with bleach. Yumm!

>> You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.

>You're conversing with a troll. Don't be weak and fall for it.
>There's no such thing as "urine sores". Not on Chicken nor the
>Depends(tm) crowd.

Ammonia sores from their own waste, Constable Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:53:07 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 18:41:36 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:10:14 -0500, Sqwertz >
>>wrote:

>>>It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
>>>bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
>>>It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
>>>there, too.
>>>
>>>When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)
>>>
>>>-sw

>>I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
>>Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
>>the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
>>parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
>>could eat at home.

>You cook worse food than a fast food joint?

A giant buffet is not what I'd call fast food, and I'd never have that
selection at home.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 06:30:28 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:53:07 +1100, Bruce > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 18:41:36 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
>>>Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
>>>the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
>>>parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
>>>could eat at home.

>>You cook worse food than a fast food joint?

>A giant buffet is not what I'd call fast food, and I'd never have that
>selection at home.

I'd rather not eat surrounded by people who are about to bust a gut
because it's all you can eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

> It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
> bad one.

Same here. One always good one and one bad one (one trip only)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 10/18/2020 5:10 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good thing.

> > It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
> > bad one. You can't beat AYCE Prime Rib nights (and all day Sunday).
> > It's actually pretty good. They've also had good smoked brisket up
> > there, too.
> >
> > When the last time you've been to one? Yeah, thought so :-)
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Not since I left TN. Then again, I never liked buffet type restaurants.
> Usually too many kids running around.

Not in my experience.

> Cafeterias, OTOH... Picadilly in Germantown was very good.

Yes. Had one of those at the mall years ago. Good eats.

Also had an "Old Country Buffet" restaurant here years ago.
That was decent.