Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meatloaf Appreciation Day

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
> > I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
> > Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
> > the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
> > parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
> > could eat at home.

> The fried chicken is totally acceptable. Stuff like roast beef is made
> from ungraded beef, but they know how to roast it. They seem to use
> frozen, rather than canned vegetables. Sure, the baked fish is cheap
> Alaskan pollock, but it's AYCE. It could be really bad, but it's not.
> OTOH, the desserts are awful, but I don't eat dessert anyway. I don't
> pay extra for a beverage, because I prefer water anyway.

At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
everything. No extra charge for beverages.

BTW Bryan - in case I forget, Happy Birthday in advance
about 3 weeks from now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.

He doesn't. I've asked. He has some free-range happy chickens
and a rooster or two. Seems to be pets.

No problem eating their live young (fertilized eggs) but
when a chicken dies he probably has a funeral and buries
them (rather than tossing them over the fence to feed
the wild animals.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-19 6:30 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:53:07 +1100, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 18:41:36 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>> I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
>>> Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
>>> the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
>>> parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
>>> could eat at home.

>> You cook worse food than a fast food joint?

> A giant buffet is not what I'd call fast food, and I'd never have that
> selection at home.

We don't often go to buffets. I would rather have a normal portion of
good food than all the crap I can eat. We occasionally make an exception
for the Mandarin (Chinese) buffet because they have a lot of good
dishes. We have only been there twice in the last three years. Last
year it was when the Big Niece came down and I was able to not have her
at the house, and she could eat as much as she wanted. The other was
when we had some visitors from Australia. They were the son and DiL of
a business friend of my father in law. We did not know them, did not
know what sort of food they would like. They loved it. The woman was
especially pleased because they had been travelling for two months and
had not had much in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 07:47:45 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>> Sheldon wrote:
>> > I have to agree, it's all about location, I've eaten at several Golden
>> > Corals that were excellent, better than fancy restaurants. Those in
>> > the midwest farm country serve surperb food. When I pulled into the
>> > parking lot filled with tractors the food was better than anything I
>> > could eat at home.

>> The fried chicken is totally acceptable. Stuff like roast beef is made
>> from ungraded beef, but they know how to roast it. They seem to use
>> frozen, rather than canned vegetables. Sure, the baked fish is cheap
>> Alaskan pollock, but it's AYCE. It could be really bad, but it's not.
>> OTOH, the desserts are awful, but I don't eat dessert anyway. I don't
>> pay extra for a beverage, because I prefer water anyway.

>At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
>everything. No extra charge for beverages.

I bet that only applies to baby drinks: soda, ice tea and other sugary
stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
> >everything. No extra charge for beverages.

> I bet that only applies to baby drinks: soda, ice tea and other sugary
> stuff.

That's all. They don't serve adult beverages.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:07:31 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
>> >everything. No extra charge for beverages.

>> I bet that only applies to baby drinks: soda, ice tea and other sugary
>> stuff.

>That's all. They don't serve adult beverages.

Another reason not to go there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 11:47:08 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 07:47:45 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> The fried chicken is totally acceptable. Stuff like roast beef is made
> >> from ungraded beef, but they know how to roast it. They seem to use
> >> frozen, rather than canned vegetables. Sure, the baked fish is cheap
> >> Alaskan pollock, but it's AYCE. It could be really bad, but it's not.
> >> OTOH, the desserts are awful, but I don't eat dessert anyway. I don't
> >> pay extra for a beverage, because I prefer water anyway.

> >At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
> >everything. No extra charge for beverages.

> I bet that only applies to baby drinks: soda, ice tea and other sugary
> stuff.

Iced tea is not always sugary. I never use sugar in iced tea.

But you are just like Sheldon. Ineducable.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 22:02:24 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 06:30:28 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:53:07 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>>>You cook worse food than a fast food joint?

>>A giant buffet is not what I'd call fast food, and I'd never have that
>>selection at home.

>I'd rather not eat surrounded by people who are about to bust a gut
>because it's all you can eat.

No rule requires one to eat there constantly... I've stopped at a
Golden Corral three times over some 25 years, each time the food was
excellent and it was far from being crowded. And the price was far
less than I would have thought, well under $10, would have been well
worth it just for the dessert bar if one is into desserts. Would have
been more than worth $10 just for their salads, marinated 'shrooms to
die for.. had to control myself not to eat more than a bowlful so I'd
have room for other things. I was suprised at how people didn't bring
their little kids. I haven't gone for breakfast but my understanding
is that the bacon and eggs lovers leave oinking and cackling. I
haven't eaten at a Golden Corral near here even though there's one
in Albany. The only times I stopped at a Golden Corral it was like in
Nebraska, South Dakota, and another in that farm area. If it's a
Sunday and you see lots of people in new go to church
Bib Overalls you can be sure the food is excellent. And those farmer
women are built all over like the proverbial brick you know what
house... so much John Deere Seat ass even I'd have difficulty leaving
room for those extrardinarilly humongous bosoms.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2020 12:07 PM, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
>>> everything. No extra charge for beverages.

>> I bet that only applies to baby drinks: soda, ice tea and other sugary
>> stuff.

> That's all. They don't serve adult beverages.

Seems to me you can also get a glass of WATER in such places.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:31:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > > wrote:

> > >I wasn't commenting upon the ethics, but only the eating experience.

> > It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
> > The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
> > with bleach. Yumm!

> You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.
>
> --Bryan

This is my very favourite "loaf", lol:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...llywood%20loaf

"Hollywood Loaf:
The act of stimulating the penis in an effort to make it look as large as possible while still mostly flaccid, likely in anticipation of showing it off....

Example: "Dude, Bryan wanted to skinny dip last night. Me being a grower and not a shower, you know damn well I gave myself a Hollywood Loaf before I got naked..."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:53:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > I cannot even imagine thinking a meal at Golden Corral is a good
> > > thing.

> > It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
> > bad one.

> Same here. One always good one and one bad one (one trip only)

Looks like the one on Independence is a decent good one and it's open
again? I haven't been to a Golden Corral since I left Clemson in 1983.
No buffet then although there might have been a salad bar.

Humm, I have a hankering to take my husband out to dinner. I don't want
to go to the actual beach front (Hate them crazy one-way roads and
parking is a mess even with disability tags).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 4:45:37 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 7:31:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > > On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

> > > It's weird meat that's been made to grow way faster than is natural.
> > > The chickens also tend to have urine sores that, in the US, are hidden
> > > with bleach. Yumm!

> > You wouldn't eat even the most benignly raised chickens.
> >
> > --Bryan

> This is my very favourite "loaf", lol:
>
> https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...llywood%20loaf
>
> "Hollywood Loaf:
> The act of stimulating the penis in an effort to make it look as large as possible while still mostly flaccid, likely in anticipation of showing it off....
>
> Example: "Dude, Bryan wanted to skinny dip last night. Me being a grower and not a shower, you know damn well I gave myself a Hollywood Loaf before I got naked..."

Perhaps *** men focus on the size of flaccid penises. Nudists don't. You
are projecting. The differential between the size of a flaccid versus an erect
penis varies greatly. I'm certain that you, of all the folks here, know that by
experience, rather than just by intellectual knowledge. You are obviously
more interested in the size of my flaccid penis than I am.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> > > It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
> > > bad one.

> > Same here. One always good one and one bad one (one trip only)

> Looks like the one on Independence is a decent good one and it's open
> again?

Funny. The one on Independence was the bad one I went to.
Used to be one near the Damn Neck area that was always
excellent but they closed or relocated. That's why we tried
the Independence one.

> Humm, I have a hankering to take my husband out to dinner. I don't want
> to go to the actual beach front (Hate them crazy one-way roads and
> parking is a mess even with disability tags).

Those alternating one-way roads are only between Atlantic Ave
and Pacific Ave. Besides, there are NO decent restaurants right
at the oceanfront anyway.

Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.

Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
in the tv guide listings.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 08:25:32 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:

>> > Same here. One always good one and one bad one (one trip only)

>> Looks like the one on Independence is a decent good one and it's open
>> again?

>Funny. The one on Independence was the bad one I went to.
>Used to be one near the Damn Neck area that was always
>excellent but they closed or relocated. That's why we tried
>the Independence one.
>
>> Humm, I have a hankering to take my husband out to dinner. I don't want
>> to go to the actual beach front (Hate them crazy one-way roads and
>> parking is a mess even with disability tags).

>Those alternating one-way roads are only between Atlantic Ave
>and Pacific Ave. Besides, there are NO decent restaurants right
>at the oceanfront anyway.
>
>Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
>from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
>food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.
>
>Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
>years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
>watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
>in the tv guide listings.

I watch Triple D often, a good travelogue, and a lot of the featured
dishes look very good and many are easy to prepare. I started
watching because I thought Triple D meant bosom size. Unfortunately
most of those female chefs can't fill an A cup.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 12:21:48 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 08:25:32 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >cshenk wrote:

> >> Looks like the one on Independence is a decent good one and it's open
> >> again?

> >Funny. The one on Independence was the bad one I went to.
> >Used to be one near the Damn Neck area that was always
> >excellent but they closed or relocated. That's why we tried
> >the Independence one.
> >
> >> Humm, I have a hankering to take my husband out to dinner. I don't want
> >> to go to the actual beach front (Hate them crazy one-way roads and
> >> parking is a mess even with disability tags).

> >Those alternating one-way roads are only between Atlantic Ave
> >and Pacific Ave. Besides, there are NO decent restaurants right
> >at the oceanfront anyway.
> >
> >Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
> >from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
> >food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.
> >
> >Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
> >years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
> >watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
> >in the tv guide listings.

> I watch Triple D often, a good travelogue, and a lot of the featured
> dishes look very good and many are easy to prepare. I started
> watching because I thought Triple D meant bosom size. Unfortunately
> most of those female chefs can't fill an A cup.

But some of the men are at least a B cup.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/20/2020 2:53 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 12:21:48 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 08:25:32 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>>
>>> Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
>> >from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
>>> food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.
>>>
>>> Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
>>> years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
>>> watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
>>> in the tv guide listings.

>> I watch Triple D often, a good travelogue, and a lot of the featured
>> dishes look very good and many are easy to prepare. I started
>> watching because I thought Triple D meant bosom size. Unfortunately
>> most of those female chefs can't fill an A cup.

> But some of the men are at least a B cup.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

And the men often look like they're pregnant.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 18:00:05 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 10/20/2020 2:53 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I watch Triple D often, a good travelogue, and a lot of the featured
>>> dishes look very good and many are easy to prepare. I started
>>> watching because I thought Triple D meant bosom size. Unfortunately
>>> most of those female chefs can't fill an A cup.

>> But some of the men are at least a B cup.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>And the men often look like they're pregnant.
>
>Jill

True, and most of those males can't cook a lick either.... all kitchen
frauds. Food TV has people behind the scenes who do all the cooking
and food prep, the so-called stars are just loud mouthed
personalities, BAM! I gave up watching Food TV years ago. it's all
fake food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 20:05:36 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 18:00:05 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 10/20/2020 2:53 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> But some of the men are at least a B cup.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>>And the men often look like they're pregnant.
>>
>>Jill

>True, and most of those males can't cook a lick either.... all kitchen
>frauds. Food TV has people behind the scenes who do all the cooking
>and food prep, the so-called stars are just loud mouthed
>personalities, BAM! I gave up watching Food TV years ago. it's all
>fake food.

You watch TV? Black and white?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 7:05:44 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Food TV has people behind the scenes who do all the cooking
> and food prep, the so-called stars are just loud mouthed
> personalities, BAM! I gave up watching Food TV years ago. it's all
> fake food.

Yes, there are lots of people behind the scenes doing prep work, maybe
even the cooking. But Emeril LaGasse did his own cooking on air and
he had been the head honcho at "Commanders Palace" in New Orleans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:

> > > Same here. One always good one and one bad one (one trip only)

> > Looks like the one on Independence is a decent good one and it's
> > open again?

> Funny. The one on Independence was the bad one I went to.
> Used to be one near the Damn Neck area that was always
> excellent but they closed or relocated. That's why we tried
> the Independence one.

Ah well, all I had were reviews. They seemed ok.

> > Humm, I have a hankering to take my husband out to dinner. I don't
> > want to go to the actual beach front (Hate them crazy one-way roads
> > and parking is a mess even with disability tags).

> Those alternating one-way roads are only between Atlantic Ave
> and Pacific Ave. Besides, there are NO decent restaurants right
> at the oceanfront anyway.
>
> Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
> from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
> food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.
>
> Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
> years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
> watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
> in the tv guide listings.

What about PF Changs? It's really close to me. Supposed to be good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:21:48 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 08:25:32 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >cshenk wrote:

> >> Looks like the one on Independence is a decent good one and it's open
> >> again?

> >Funny. The one on Independence was the bad one I went to.
> >Used to be one near the Damn Neck area that was always
> >excellent but they closed or relocated. That's why we tried
> >the Independence one.
> >
> >> Humm, I have a hankering to take my husband out to dinner. I don't want
> >> to go to the actual beach front (Hate them crazy one-way roads and
> >> parking is a mess even with disability tags).

> >Those alternating one-way roads are only between Atlantic Ave
> >and Pacific Ave. Besides, there are NO decent restaurants right
> >at the oceanfront anyway.
> >
> >Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
> >from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
> >food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.
> >
> >Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
> >years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
> >watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
> >in the tv guide listings.

> I watch Triple D often, a good travelogue, and a lot of the featured
> dishes look very good and many are easy to prepare. I started
> watching because I thought Triple D meant bosom size. Unfortunately
> most of those female chefs can't fill an A cup.

Some chefs have totally awesome boobage. I was at the supermarket today waiting for my daughter to go through the checkout and saw a good lookin' mature blond woman walking towards me on her way out. I scanned her whole body, then her face, then below her neck as she walked pass. I suppose you could say I was mesmerized. When I looked up, I saw there was a short woman in a black burka walking directly behind her. All I could see of her was her eyes and boy, were they were glaring at me. Busted! Truly I am a feelthy infidel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AICY...thVieiraSh ow
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 2:13:11 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:21:48 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> > >Funny. The one on Independence was the bad one I went to.
> > >Used to be one near the Damn Neck area that was always
> > >excellent but they closed or relocated. That's why we tried
> > >the Independence one.

> > >Those alternating one-way roads are only between Atlantic Ave
> > >and Pacific Ave. Besides, there are NO decent restaurants right
> > >at the oceanfront anyway.
> > >
> > >Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
> > >from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
> > >food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.
> > >
> > >Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
> > >years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
> > >watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
> > >in the tv guide listings.

> > I watch Triple D often, a good travelogue, and a lot of the featured
> > dishes look very good and many are easy to prepare. I started
> > watching because I thought Triple D meant bosom size. Unfortunately
> > most of those female chefs can't fill an A cup.

> Some chefs have totally awesome boobage. I was at the supermarket today waiting for my daughter to go through the checkout and saw a good lookin' mature blond woman walking towards me on her way out. I scanned her whole body, then her face, then below her neck as she walked pass. I suppose you could say I was mesmerized. When I looked up, I saw there was a short woman in a black burka walking directly behind her. All I could see of her was her eyes and boy, were they were glaring at me. Busted! Truly I am a feelthy infidel.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AICY...thVieiraSh ow

Have you ever thought about having coitus with your daughter...???

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 10:05:48 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 2:13:11 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > I watch Triple D often, a good travelogue, and a lot of the featured
> > > dishes look very good and many are easy to prepare. I started
> > > watching because I thought Triple D meant bosom size. Unfortunately
> > > most of those female chefs can't fill an A cup.

> > Some chefs have totally awesome boobage. I was at the supermarket today waiting for my daughter to go through the checkout and saw a good lookin' mature blond woman walking towards me on her way out. I scanned her whole body, then her face, then below her neck as she walked pass. I suppose you could say I was mesmerized. When I looked up, I saw there was a short woman in a black burka walking directly behind her. All I could see of her was her eyes and boy, were they were glaring at me. Busted! Truly I am a feelthy infidel.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AICY...thVieiraSh ow

> Have you ever thought about having coitus with your daughter...???
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

That scumbag that you worship has conned you into believing that ****ing your own daughter is perfectly normal. It is not - you perv!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1d/2d/c4/1...6074e6b43f.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 9:26:38 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:

> What about PF Changs? It's really close to me. Supposed to be good.

Gack. Chain "Chinese" food? Oversweet and expensive for what you get.
Take a look at their online menu sometime.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 18:00:13 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 7:05:44 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Food TV has people behind the scenes who do all the cooking
>> and food prep, the so-called stars are just loud mouthed
>> personalities, BAM! I gave up watching Food TV years ago. it's all
>> fake food.
>>

>Yes, there are lots of people behind the scenes doing prep work, maybe
>even the cooking. But Emeril LaGasse did his own cooking on air and
>he had been the head honcho at "Commanders Palace" in New Orleans.

Yeah, he fed hundreds all by his ownself. I've watched his kitchen
work on TV, he has zero knife skills.... the camera zooms in on food
prepared by others.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 07:47:45 -0400, Gary wrote:

> At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
> everything. No extra charge for beverages.

Bzzzzt! Drinks cost extra, like .... $2.50 extra. Which is why I
always get water. That's what I always drink with dinner no matter
where I am.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>
> > At Golden Coral, you pay for your meal in advance. It covers
> > everything. No extra charge for beverages.

> Bzzzzt! Drinks cost extra, like .... $2.50 extra.

Ok, I won't argue that. Probably does but it's been so long
that I've forgotten. I just remember that you pay when you
first go in.

> Which is why I always get water. That's what I always
> drink with dinner no matter where I am.

I always drink water with meals at home, either home cooked
or takeout.

Went to a fancy-pants restaurant once and I asked for
water with the meal I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted ice.
I told her, "Just a little ice, not a full glass."
She brought me a glass 1/4 filled with small cubes (good)
and a cold, unopened 16oz bottle of water.

That cost me $3.50 ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-25 7:16 a.m., Gary wrote:

> Went to a fancy-pants restaurant once and I asked for
> water with the meal I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted ice.
> I told her, "Just a little ice, not a full glass."
> She brought me a glass 1/4 filled with small cubes (good)
> and a cold, unopened 16oz bottle of water.
>
> That cost me $3.50 ;-D

About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
bottles of water cost us $10 each.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 7:22:33 AM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-10-25 7:16

Back on track to meatloaf appreciation day. I made the kimchi meatloaf. It's fast becoming my favorite meatloaf. Excellent flavor.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oiRnhKD9i7pDKz5e8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:22:33 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
> outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
> people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
> that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
> glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
> like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
> bottles of water cost us $10 each.

I always order water with my meals and once or twice they've inquired
if I wanted bottled water? I knew that would be expensive as ordering
a wine if they served that and I always request tap water.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:22:33 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-10-25 7:16 a.m., Gary wrote:
>
> > Went to a fancy-pants restaurant once and I asked for
> > water with the meal I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted ice.
> > I told her, "Just a little ice, not a full glass."
> > She brought me a glass 1/4 filled with small cubes (good)
> > and a cold, unopened 16oz bottle of water.
> >
> > That cost me $3.50 ;-D
> >

> About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
> outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
> people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
> that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
> glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
> like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
> bottles of water cost us $10 each.

Drinkable water is expensive many places. Plus the Brand Name! Stupid but The Market supports it! :-(

I'm spoiled in STL where our tap water tastes great and is $0.01 a gallon! Most be those two big rivers nearby, the Mississippi and Missouri!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 13:59:14 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:22:33 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2020-10-25 7:16 a.m., Gary wrote:
>>
>> > Went to a fancy-pants restaurant once and I asked for
>> > water with the meal I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted ice.
>> > I told her, "Just a little ice, not a full glass."
>> > She brought me a glass 1/4 filled with small cubes (good)
>> > and a cold, unopened 16oz bottle of water.
>> >
>> > That cost me $3.50 ;-D
>> >

>> About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
>> outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
>> people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
>> that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
>> glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
>> like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
>> bottles of water cost us $10 each.

>Drinkable water is expensive many places. Plus the Brand Name! Stupid but The Market supports it! :-(
>
>I'm spoiled in STL where our tap water tastes great and is $0.01 a gallon! Most be those two big rivers nearby, the Mississippi and Missouri!

I'd give it a Miss!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-25 4:59 p.m., John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:22:33 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
>> outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
>> people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
>> that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
>> glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
>> like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
>> bottles of water cost us $10 each.

> Drinkable water is expensive many places. Plus the Brand Name! Stupid but The Market supports it! :-(

The tap water there was perfectly fine. For some reason, people go for
bottled water. I have been to Denmark several times and realized that a
lot of things there are more expensive than here, but that was ridiculous.

The first time I went to Europe people told me I may as well have beer
or wine because it was the same price as soft drinks. I assumed that
meant wine and beer was the price charged for soft drinks around here. I
turned out that soft drinks were as expensive as beer and wine.

> I'm spoiled in STL where our tap water tastes great and is $0.01 a gallon! Most be those two big rivers nearby, the Mississippi and Missouri!

Municipal water here is very good, and very inexpensive. When I was
stuck at the Newark airport I could not bring myself to pay the
outrageous price they were charging for bottled water, but then I tasted
the water from the drinking fountain. It was disgusting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 4:42:37 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-10-25 4:59 p.m., John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:22:33 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
> >> outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
> >> people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
> >> that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
> >> glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
> >> like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
> >> bottles of water cost us $10 each.

> > Drinkable water is expensive many places. Plus the Brand Name! Stupid but The Market supports it! :-(

> The tap water there was perfectly fine. For some reason, people go for
> bottled water. I have been to Denmark several times and realized that a
> lot of things there are more expensive than here, but that was ridiculous.

People are not terribly brilliant when it comes to Common Sense, or as I like to say Common Sense is not nearly so common as it's purported to be!

People also BUY water by weight which weighs 8lbs a gallon and 69lbs a cu-ft in their laundry soap when laundry soap is made dry! I USE dry laundry soap for that reason too! And it's not very easy to find either!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 11:26:20 AM UTC-4, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 7:22:33 AM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2020-10-25 7:16

> Back on track to meatloaf appreciation day. I made the kimchi meatloaf. It's fast becoming my favorite meatloaf. Excellent flavor.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/oiRnhKD9i7pDKz5e8

Outstanding!

Looking forward to trying it myself.

--
Silvar Beitel
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

John Kuthe wrote:

> People are not terribly brilliant when it comes to Common Sense, or as I like to say Common Sense is not nearly so common as it's purported to be!
>
> People also BUY water by weight which weighs 8lbs a gallon and 69lbs a cu-ft in their laundry soap when laundry soap is made dry! I USE dry laundry soap for that reason too! And it's not very easy to find either!

You are either not looking, or you are so high/manic that you do not notice...or perhaps it is simply that you lack "Common Sense"...

Was just at my local "small - town" hardware store, they had plenty of dry laundry detergent...and here's a quick online perusal, a plethora available:

https://www.acehardware.com/search?q...ndry+detergent

https://www.homedepot.com/s/powdered...tergent?NCNI-5
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...s/hpc/15342921

https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...d=powdered%20l

</>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 5:39:51 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > People are not terribly brilliant when it comes to Common Sense, or as I like to say Common Sense is not nearly so common as it's purported to be!
> >
> > People also BUY water by weight which weighs 8lbs a gallon and 69lbs a cu-ft in their laundry soap when laundry soap is made dry! I USE dry laundry soap for that reason too! And it's not very easy to find either!

> You are either not looking, or you are so high/manic that you do not notice...or perhaps it is simply that you lack "Common Sense"...
>
> Was just at my local "small - town" hardware store, they had plenty of dry laundry detergent...and here's a quick online perusal, a plethora available:
>
> https://www.acehardware.com/search?q...ndry+detergent
>
> https://www.homedepot.com/s/powdered...tergent?NCNI-5
> https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...s/hpc/15342921
>
> https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...d=powdered%20l
>
> </>

So WHY does my Schnuck's grocery store NOT carry ALL Free and Clear in powdered form anymore? Why does my local Schnuck's not carry ANY powderedÂ*laundry soap anymore?

Because people are stupid!

I buy my Planet dry laundry soap online from Mayfair.com .

John Kuthe...

PS: Borax is NOT laundry soap!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I'm spoiled in STL where our tap water tastes great and is $0.01 a
> gallon! Most be those two big rivers nearby, the Mississippi and
> Missouri!

The two alimentary canals of th U.S.

-sw