Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Time for me to go to work

Dave Smith wrote:
> A few years before I retired we had a small number of our guys pushing for
> body armor. I was opposed to it and argued that the chances of getting shot
> on the job were extremely low and there was much more chance of heat stroke
> than getting shot.

That's because you're such a lardass, Dave, it's
also the reason you have heart trouble.

Jill

HTH/HAND
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20/10/2020 13:48, Gary wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>> now the only wine I drink is a glass of Champagne for New Years for
>> tradition... used be the pricy stuff but now Frexnet from Portugal is
>> just fine.

> Many years ago, I hosted a NYE party. We were all drinking the
> very cheap Andre (sp?) champagne. Later on, a richie-rich friend
> of mine showed up. He swiped a couple bottles of expensive
> Dom Perignon champagne from his father's wine cellar stash.
>
> That was cool. We could compare cheap vs expensive.
> All of us thought the cheap was much better tasting. lol

It was sweeter, wasn't it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

S Viemeister wrote:

> On 20/10/2020 13:48, Gary wrote:
> > Sheldon Martin wrote:
> >>
> >> now the only wine I drink is a glass of Champagne for New Years for
> >> tradition... used be the pricy stuff but now Frexnet from Portugal is
> >> just fine.

> > Many years ago, I hosted a NYE party. We were all drinking the
> > very cheap Andre (sp?) champagne. Later on, a richie-rich friend
> > of mine showed up. He swiped a couple bottles of expensive
> > Dom Perignon champagne from his father's wine cellar stash.
> >
> > That was cool. We could compare cheap vs expensive.
> > All of us thought the cheap was much better tasting. lol
> >

> It was sweeter, wasn't it?

Mid 1970's. I remember that night but no details of why it
was better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:32:01 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 20/10/2020 13:48, Gary wrote:
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>>
>>> now the only wine I drink is a glass of Champagne for New Years for
>>> tradition... used be the pricy stuff but now Frexnet from Portugal is
>>> just fine.

>> Many years ago, I hosted a NYE party. We were all drinking the
>> very cheap Andre (sp?) champagne. Later on, a richie-rich friend
>> of mine showed up. He swiped a couple bottles of expensive
>> Dom Perignon champagne from his father's wine cellar stash.
>>
>> That was cool. We could compare cheap vs expensive.
>> All of us thought the cheap was much better tasting. lol
>>

>It was sweeter, wasn't it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 12:52:48 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > My wife and I were listening to the Beach Boy's "God Only Knows." She tells me that if she never met me, she thinks that she'd be a druggie alcoholic. That's an interesting thing to say. I'm like a freakin' personal Jesus.. That's awesome - everybody should have a personal Jesus!

> And being Jesus, you DO have the ability to heal the hearing
> impaired.

Why yes. Truly, I am the chosen one. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>I call Jeßus a piece of shit because he called another person a "Slant."

I just came across this by chance. Now, WTF are you talking about? I
don't even know what a 'Slant' is supposed to be.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jeßus pretended :
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>

>> I call Jeßus a piece of shit because he called another person a "Slant."

> I just came across this by chance. Now, WTF are you talking about? I
> don't even know what a 'Slant' is supposed to be.

https://imgur.com/a/UgICA7g

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 4:36:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 4:25:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >
> > The week before he went to
> > leave, there was a major reset in my department, and he did some of the sets.
> > IMO, he's the only person in the store who is on my level as far as setting
> > plan-o-grams. He ****ed up some of the work, and I told my manager that he
> > had, and that I was really surprised because he's one of the most competent
> > workers. I even suggested that he seemed a little off. Anyway, the guy is a
> > prick.
> > >

> > --Bryan
> >

> You saw your chance to throw him under bus so you couldn't let that heaven
> sent opportunity go waste. Also, you were hoping to make some brownie
> points with the boss. Careful what you wish for, it could come back to bite
> you in the butt.

It was none of that. I did want him to be more respectful of my stockroom,
but I stated "that I was really surprised because he's one of the most
competent workers." Can't you ****ing read, Nazi?

I don't need brownie points. I'm coasting to retirement. I'm super competent
in my little role. I have zero interest in a promotion, and they don't give merit
raises. I already have exactly what I want. I'm scheduled 5 AM-12:30, M-F,
every single week. I drive home for lunch every day, and it might be 35
minutes, or it might be an hour--totally up to me. If I feel like staying later, and
there's work to do, no one ever questions that. If there's not much to do, I can
leave whenever I feel like leaving. If the workload is heavy one week, I can
pretty much work up to 40 hours. If there's less to do, I might work a couple
of hours less than I'm scheduled.

I'm not paid a lot, $15/hour + $15 a week extra pay differential, but the health
insurance is high quality and super cheap, and they match the 5% I put into
the retirement account. My wages don't matter that much. My wife is a
masters degree professional, and earns far more than I do. I worked my ass
off putting her through college and grad school, and then I became the *job*
person. She has a career. I worked jobs. I did the cooking, the laundry and
most of the housecleaning for many years, while working full time, and
sometimes overtime. She paid the bills, and told me when to limit spending,
but I made the major financial decisions because I understand those sort of
things. At one point, I was even able to take off almost 9 months to work full
time on that book.

I know that you want to think bad stuff about me. You want to so bad that you
shot off your stupid thing about me throwing this guy "under the bus," even
though any reasonably intelligent person *who read what I wrote without a
debilitating bias* would have picked up on the fact that I qualified my complaint
with pretty high praise. I was a team leader (foreman, supervisor) from the age
of 18 to 29. I am incapable of allowing my personal feelings about a person
affect my assessment of that person's competence and productivity. That
would be dishonest and dishonorable.

Take your best shots at me, fascist. I'm far from perfect, but this one missed
the target because it was sloppy.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11:58 19 Oct 2020, Bruce said:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:43:17 +0100, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>>On 21:05 18 Oct 2020, Bruce said:

>>> Did you lose a family member or a friend to drugs, maybe? You're
>>> always going on about them and how bad they are. Like a broken record.
>>> Or were you a bad addict yourself and now you're preaching?

>>Drug users often think the whole world must be taking or has taken
>>drugs. Perhaps it's their sliding set of norms from the lifestyles they
>>drifted into. However, they overlook the existence of the very large
>>proportion of the population who have never taken drugs. You appear to
>>fall into the former category, I fall into the latter.
>>
>>I grew up in an environment in which my peers took a lot of drugs. Some
>>are now dead from their habits, including my best friend whom we buried
>>a few years ago. Others live on the margins of society as wasted hollow
>>shells of what they could have been. Only one or two are more or less
>>coping with years of continued drug use and they tend to be dealers.
>>
>>Kids, the drugs don't work. If you believe they do then that's probably
>>the drugs making you unable to see yourself objectively.
>>
>>As it happens I don't go around trying to stop anyone taking drugs. It's
>>their choice. I often observe their addled quasi-psychiatric mental
>>state and unbalanced mentation. Its sad.

> But lots of people drink alcohol and/or smoke pot without ruining their
> lives. In moderation those substances can make life more enjoyable.

The fact kids take drugs at all shows they're prepared to push past
boundaries. Every addict started by dabbling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 4:55:25 PM UTC-5, Pamela wrote:
> On 11:58 19 Oct 2020, Bruce said:
>
> > On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:43:17 +0100, Pamela >
> > wrote:

> >>Drug users often think the whole world must be taking or has taken
> >>drugs. Perhaps it's their sliding set of norms from the lifestyles they
> >>drifted into. However, they overlook the existence of the very large
> >>proportion of the population who have never taken drugs. You appear to
> >>fall into the former category, I fall into the latter.
> >>
> >>I grew up in an environment in which my peers took a lot of drugs. Some
> >>are now dead from their habits, including my best friend whom we buried
> >>a few years ago. Others live on the margins of society as wasted hollow
> >>shells of what they could have been. Only one or two are more or less
> >>coping with years of continued drug use and they tend to be dealers.
> >>
> >>Kids, the drugs don't work. If you believe they do then that's probably
> >>the drugs making you unable to see yourself objectively.
> >>
> >>As it happens I don't go around trying to stop anyone taking drugs. It's
> >>their choice. I often observe their addled quasi-psychiatric mental
> >>state and unbalanced mentation. Its sad.

> > But lots of people drink alcohol and/or smoke pot without ruining their
> > lives. In moderation those substances can make life more enjoyable.

> The fact kids take drugs at all shows they're prepared to push past
> boundaries. Every addict started by dabbling.

That's right, look what happened to Johnny Rotten.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 7:24:38 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > They are the Chinese equivalent of N95 medical respirators, and
> > they cost $39.98 w/ free shipping. That's 40 cents each.

> That's an amazing price. Much less than the 3M N95 masks cost
> a few years ago when I bought some.
>
> We agree though, anytime you are around people, always wear
> a mask and hope the others do too.

The 3M respirators are vented, which you want for doing sanding and
such, but the vents, unless covered by at least a simple layer of cloth,
are not ideal to protect others. We should protect both ourselves and
others. You should buy and wear respirators, as opposed to just masks.
Yes, they are even more uncomfortable, but you can deal with that easily,
having worn them on jobs many times.

I tell you this, had any Republican President other than Trump faced this
pandemic (GW Bush, GHW Bush, Reagan, Ford, Nixon or Eisenhower),
they wouldn't have politicized mask wearing. Had John McCain or Mitt
Romney been elected, they wouldn't have politicized mask wearing. You
know that, as do many other voters. Wearing face coverings protects
America. It is patriotic. It allows us to more safely open our economy.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pamela wrote :
> The fact kids take drugs at all shows they're prepared to push past
> boundaries. Every addict started by dabbling.

How did you get started posting as a woman, by
dabbling in cross dressing?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:34:31 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>

> >I call Jeßus a piece of shit because he called another person a "Slant."

> I just came across this by chance. Now, WTF are you talking about? I
> don't even know what a 'Slant' is supposed to be.

My sincerest apologies. I am ashamed that I attributed the comment of
someone else to you. I am contrite. Sometimes I drink more than is ideal,
and make mistakes. It is awful to accuse a person of nasty racism. It was
a mistake.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:08:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:34:31 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > > wrote:
> >

> > >I call Jeßus a piece of shit because he called another person a "Slant."

> > I just came across this by chance. Now, WTF are you talking about? I
> > don't even know what a 'Slant' is supposed to be.

> My sincerest apologies. I am ashamed that I attributed the comment of
> someone else to you. I am contrite. Sometimes I drink more than is ideal,
> and make mistakes. It is awful to accuse a person of nasty racism. It was
> a mistake.
>
> --Bryan

I am enjoying reading your e - book.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:16:45 -0700 (PDT), Bruce
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:08:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:34:31 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

>> > I just came across this by chance. Now, WTF are you talking about? I
>> > don't even know what a 'Slant' is supposed to be.

>> My sincerest apologies. I am ashamed that I attributed the comment of
>> someone else to you. I am contrite. Sometimes I drink more than is ideal,
>> and make mistakes. It is awful to accuse a person of nasty racism. It was
>> a mistake.
>>
>> --Bryan

>I am enjoying reading your e - book.

Have fun, Greg Sorrow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 22:55:09 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 11:58 19 Oct 2020, Bruce said:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:43:17 +0100, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>Drug users often think the whole world must be taking or has taken
>>>drugs. Perhaps it's their sliding set of norms from the lifestyles they
>>>drifted into. However, they overlook the existence of the very large
>>>proportion of the population who have never taken drugs. You appear to
>>>fall into the former category, I fall into the latter.
>>>
>>>I grew up in an environment in which my peers took a lot of drugs. Some
>>>are now dead from their habits, including my best friend whom we buried
>>>a few years ago. Others live on the margins of society as wasted hollow
>>>shells of what they could have been. Only one or two are more or less
>>>coping with years of continued drug use and they tend to be dealers.
>>>
>>>Kids, the drugs don't work. If you believe they do then that's probably
>>>the drugs making you unable to see yourself objectively.
>>>
>>>As it happens I don't go around trying to stop anyone taking drugs. It's
>>>their choice. I often observe their addled quasi-psychiatric mental
>>>state and unbalanced mentation. Its sad.

>> But lots of people drink alcohol and/or smoke pot without ruining their
>> lives. In moderation those substances can make life more enjoyable.

>The fact kids take drugs at all shows they're prepared to push past
>boundaries. Every addict started by dabbling.

And most people who dabble, never become addicts. You sound
traumatised.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23:16 20 Oct 2020, Bruce said:

> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:08:37 PM UTC-5,
> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:34:31 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

>> > I just came across this by chance. Now, WTF are you talking about? I
>> > don't even know what a 'Slant' is supposed to be.
>> >

>> My sincerest apologies. I am ashamed that I attributed the comment of
>> someone else to you. I am contrite. Sometimes I drink more than is
>> ideal,

>> and make mistakes. It is awful to accuse a person of nasty racism. It
>> was

>> a mistake.
>>
>> --Bryan

> I am enjoying reading your e - book.

Heh!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:16:45 -0700 (PDT), Bruce
> > wrote:

>>> My sincerest apologies. I am ashamed that I attributed the comment of
>>> someone else to you. I am contrite. Sometimes I drink more than is ideal,
>>> and make mistakes. It is awful to accuse a person of nasty racism. It was
>>> a mistake.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> I am enjoying reading your e - book.

> Have fun, Greg Sorrow.

Take a deep whiff Druce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:56:18 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:16:45 -0700 (PDT), Bruce
> > > wrote:

> >> I am enjoying reading your e - book.

> > Have fun, Greg Sorrow.
> >

> Take a deep whiff Druce.

My book is not me. It's fiction. No asses are sniffed. Panties, on the other hand...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:27:00 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:56:18 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>> > On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:16:45 -0700 (PDT), Bruce

>> > Have fun, Greg Sorrow.
>> >

>> Take a deep whiff Druce.

>My book is not me. It's fiction. No asses are sniffed. Panties, on the other hand...

Greg Sorrow's more into asses.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:27:00 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:

>>> Take a deep whiff Druce.

>> My book is not me. It's fiction. No asses are sniffed. Panties, on the other hand...

> Greg Sorrow's more into asses.

<*SNIFF*>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > >
> > > They are the Chinese equivalent of N95 medical respirators, and
> > > they cost $39.98 w/ free shipping. That's 40 cents each.

> > That's an amazing price. Much less than the 3M N95 masks cost
> > a few years ago when I bought some.
> >
> > We agree though, anytime you are around people, always wear
> > a mask and hope the others do too.

> The 3M respirators are vented, which you want for doing sanding and
> such, but the vents, unless covered by at least a simple layer of cloth,
> are not ideal to protect others.

Mine are NOT vented.
Here is the exact kind I use:
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2006031558400088.jpg

No vent and the yellow bands go around your head, not your ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:08:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:34:31 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >I call Jeßus a piece of shit because he called another person a "Slant."

>> I just came across this by chance. Now, WTF are you talking about? I
>> don't even know what a 'Slant' is supposed to be.

>My sincerest apologies. I am ashamed that I attributed the comment of
>someone else to you. I am contrite. Sometimes I drink more than is ideal,
>and make mistakes. It is awful to accuse a person of nasty racism. It was
>a mistake.

No problem Bryan, apology accepted.
I'm familiar with the term 'slant eye' but not just 'slant' on it's
own.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 4:19:51 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:

> > > That's an amazing price. Much less than the 3M N95 masks cost
> > > a few years ago when I bought some.
> > >
> > > We agree though, anytime you are around people, always wear
> > > a mask and hope the others do too.

> > The 3M respirators are vented, which you want for doing sanding and
> > such, but the vents, unless covered by at least a simple layer of cloth,
> > are not ideal to protect others.

> Mine are NOT vented.
> Here is the exact kind I use:
> https://www.hostpic.org/images/2006031558400088.jpg
>
> No vent and the yellow bands go around your head, not your ears.

That is exactly what you should be wearing any time you are
inside a public building.

--Bryan