Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thanksgiving Dinner

https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg

Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.

Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>
> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>
> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

That looks amazingly delicious!
I wish I'd been there too to use that empty setting at
the bottom of your second pic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:49:18 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>
> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>
> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

I'd burn my house down with that top-heavy oil lamp.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 6:49 AM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>
> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>
> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

Very nice! I like the little oil burner, too.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:32:46 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>>
>> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
>> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
>> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>>
>> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

>That looks amazingly delicious!
>I wish I'd been there too to use that empty setting at
>the bottom of your second pic.

Cooks seat, I remembered the camera when I went to get the yorkies
from the oven, had forgotten them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 06:51:26 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:49:18 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>>
>> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
>> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
>> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>>
>> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

>I'd burn my house down with that top-heavy oil lamp.
>
>-sw

It throws off very little heat, it hand blown Suffolk Glass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 10:11 AM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:32:46 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>>>
>>> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
>>> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
>>> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>>>
>>> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

>> That looks amazingly delicious!
>> I wish I'd been there too to use that empty setting at
>> the bottom of your second pic.

> Cooks seat, I remembered the camera when I went to get the yorkies
> from the oven, had forgotten them.

I'm going to tease you here and say I'm sure you meant Yorkshire
Pudding, not tiny little Yorkshire terriers [dogs] also known as
"Yorkies."

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:11:48 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:32:46 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>>>
>>> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
>>> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
>>> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>>>
>>> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

>>That looks amazingly delicious!
>>I wish I'd been there too to use that empty setting at
>>the bottom of your second pic.

>Cooks seat, I remembered the camera when I went to get the yorkies
>from the oven, had forgotten them.

My husband is outraged that you would do that to poor little doggies !

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:33:14 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 10/13/2020 10:11 AM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> That looks amazingly delicious!
>>> I wish I'd been there too to use that empty setting at
>>> the bottom of your second pic.

>> Cooks seat, I remembered the camera when I went to get the yorkies
>> from the oven, had forgotten them.
>>

>I'm going to tease you here and say I'm sure you meant Yorkshire
>Pudding, not tiny little Yorkshire terriers [dogs] also known as
>"Yorkies."
>
>Jill

If I had meant the dogs I would have capitalized it, I meant the puds,
yorkies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 10:54:11 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:11:48 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>>>That looks amazingly delicious!
>>>I wish I'd been there too to use that empty setting at
>>>the bottom of your second pic.

>>Cooks seat, I remembered the camera when I went to get the yorkies
>>from the oven, had forgotten them.

>My husband is outraged that you would do that to poor little doggies !
>
>Janet US

Lol - they taste great and really rise to the occasion

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 12:54 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:11:48 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> > wrote:

>>> That looks amazingly delicious!
>>> I wish I'd been there too to use that empty setting at
>>> the bottom of your second pic.

>> Cooks seat, I remembered the camera when I went to get the yorkies
>>from the oven, had forgotten them.

> My husband is outraged that you would do that to poor little doggies !
>
> Janet US

LOL! GMTA, Janet.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-13 1:15 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:33:14 -0400, jmcquown >

from the oven, had forgotten them.

>> I'm going to tease you here and say I'm sure you meant Yorkshire
>> Pudding, not tiny little Yorkshire terriers [dogs] also known as
>> "Yorkies."
>>
>> Jill

> If I had meant the dogs I would have capitalized it, I meant the puds,
> yorkies.

I am sure they all knew that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:13:14 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 06:51:26 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:49:18 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>>>
>>> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
>>> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
>>> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>>>
>>> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

>>I'd burn my house down with that top-heavy oil lamp.

> It throws off very little heat, it hand blown Suffolk Glass.

It's not the heat, it's the "Pass The Mashed Potatoes".

Dink.. crash... poof... burn!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 5:49:30 AM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> https://i.postimg.cc/sXrvTwHh/IMG-2687.jpg
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/W4M4q0pb/IMG-2690.jpg
>
> Hopefully this works, the roast resting before carving and all the
> stuff served with it at the table. The pics weren't good to begin
> with as I was chief cook and bottle washer.
>
> Turkey is traditional but we all prefer roast beef.

Mmmmm-mmmm, you did good! Everything looks delicious and pretty
dinnerware to boot!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 13:29:57 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:13:14 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 06:51:26 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>I'd burn my house down with that top-heavy oil lamp.

>> It throws off very little heat, it hand blown Suffolk Glass.

>It's not the heat, it's the "Pass The Mashed Potatoes".
>
>Dink.. crash... poof... burn!
>
>-sw

Never thought of it, bought it in the '60s so works for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 2:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-10-13 1:15 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:33:14 -0400, jmcquown >

> Â*from the oven, had forgotten them.
>>>>
>>> I'm going to tease you here and say I'm sure you meant Yorkshire
>>> Pudding, not tiny little Yorkshire terriers [dogs] also known as
>>> "Yorkies."
>>>
>>> Jill

>> If I had meant the dogs I would have capitalized it, I meant the puds,
>> yorkies.
>>

> I am sure they all knew that.

She can't take a joke.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 5:07:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 10/13/2020 2:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2020-10-13 1:15 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> >> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:33:14 -0400, jmcquown >

> > from the oven, had forgotten them.

> >> If I had meant the dogs I would have capitalized it, I meant the puds,
> >> yorkies.
> >>

> > I am sure they all knew that.

> She can't take a joke.
>
> Jill

I love oil lamps. Kero is a slow burn, not like gas. It will still f up your day but one sober person can handle it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Thomas wrote:

> I love oil lamps. Kero is a slow burn, not like gas. It will still f up your day but one sober person can handle it.

Ya know that "Bruce" who posts here uses kero as an anal lubricant...

--
Best
Greg