Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Baby Back Ribs 10/12/20

I picked up some baby back ribs for dinner tonight. Yeah, they're
sauced (but not heavily). I'll be having corn on the cob to go with it.
This is messy meal, requiring lots of napkins, but quite tasty!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:14:12 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> I picked up some baby back ribs for dinner tonight. Yeah, they're
> sauced (but not heavily). I'll be having corn on the cob to go with it.
> This is messy meal, requiring lots of napkins, but quite tasty!
>
> Jill

PigSickles! Meat On A Bone!

Perhaps a thing I miss the most about being a Vegetarian now!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:14:12 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> I picked up some baby back ribs for dinner tonight. Yeah, they're
>> sauced (but not heavily). I'll be having corn on the cob to go with it.
>> This is messy meal, requiring lots of napkins, but quite tasty!
>>
>> Jill

> PigSickles! Meat On A Bone!
>
> Perhaps a thing I miss the most about being a Vegetarian now!
>
> John Kuthe...

You're NOT a vegetarian. You eat meat every time someone shoves it
in your fat face.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:21:21 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:14:12 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> >> I picked up some baby back ribs for dinner tonight. Yeah, they're
> >> sauced (but not heavily). I'll be having corn on the cob to go with it.
> >> This is messy meal, requiring lots of napkins, but quite tasty!
> >>
> >> Jill

> > PigSickles! Meat On A Bone!
> >
> > Perhaps a thing I miss the most about being a Vegetarian now!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> You're NOT a vegetarian. You eat meat every time someone shoves it
> in your fat face.

As a Gift, yes! But not for myself.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:32:03 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Perhaps a thing I miss the most about being a Vegetarian now!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe ... I have no money thus no meat, thus I CLAIM to be a Vegetarian

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/12/2020 8:31 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:21:21 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>>> PigSickles! Meat On A Bone!
>>>
>>> Perhaps a thing I miss the most about being a Vegetarian now!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> You're NOT a vegetarian. You eat meat every time someone shoves it
>> in your fat face.

> As a Gift, yes! But not for myself.
>
> John Kuthe...

A true vegetarian wouldn't eat meat simply because it was a "gift". A
vegetarian would politely decline, saying "thank you but I don't eat
meat." A friend wouldn't be offended. Then again, a "friend" bringing
you a gift would have known you're a vegetarian so they wouldn't give
you a gift of meat to begin with. Your claims to be a vegetarian are
specious.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:58:43 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 10/12/2020 8:31 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:21:21 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>>
>>> You're NOT a vegetarian. You eat meat every time someone shoves it
>>> in your fat face.

>> As a Gift, yes! But not for myself.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

>A true vegetarian wouldn't eat meat simply because it was a "gift". A
>vegetarian would politely decline, saying "thank you but I don't eat
>meat." A friend wouldn't be offended. Then again, a "friend" bringing
>you a gift would have known you're a vegetarian so they wouldn't give
>you a gift of meat to begin with. Your claims to be a vegetarian are
>specious.

He hasn't been a vegetarian for long. It's quite normal that the
friend wouldn't know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:08:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:58:43 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> As a Gift, yes! But not for myself.
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...
> >>

> >A true vegetarian wouldn't eat meat simply because it was a "gift". A
> >vegetarian would politely decline, saying "thank you but I don't eat
> >meat." A friend wouldn't be offended. Then again, a "friend" bringing
> >you a gift would have known you're a vegetarian so they wouldn't give
> >you a gift of meat to begin with. Your claims to be a vegetarian are
> >specious.
> >

> He hasn't been a vegetarian for long. It's quite normal that the
> friend wouldn't know.

The way he crows about every mundane thing in his life????????
Any 'friends' would have to be stone deaf not to know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:30:59 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:08:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:58:43 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>> >A true vegetarian wouldn't eat meat simply because it was a "gift". A
>> >vegetarian would politely decline, saying "thank you but I don't eat
>> >meat." A friend wouldn't be offended. Then again, a "friend" bringing
>> >you a gift would have known you're a vegetarian so they wouldn't give
>> >you a gift of meat to begin with. Your claims to be a vegetarian are
>> >specious.
>> >

>> He hasn't been a vegetarian for long. It's quite normal that the
>> friend wouldn't know.
>>

>The way he crows about every mundane thing in his life????????
>Any 'friends' would have to be stone deaf not to know.

What if he hasn't seen them for half a year? Unless, you think he
calls or emails all his friends to tell them he's gone vegetarian. It
is possible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:39:09 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> What if he hasn't seen them for half a year? Unless, you think he
> calls or emails all his friends to tell them he's gone vegetarian. It
> is possible

The comment I'm questioning is "friends."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:39:09 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
Meretricious Piffle Deleted!
> What if he hasn't seen them for half a year? Unless, you think he
> calls or emails all his friends to tell them he's gone vegetarian. It
> is possible

How about you and all my Detractors post about FOOD or COOKING rather than just to put me down?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:39:09 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> Meretricious Piffle Deleted!
>> What if he hasn't seen them for half a year? Unless, you think he
>> calls or emails all his friends to tell them he's gone vegetarian. It
>> is possible

> How about you and all my Detractors post about FOOD or COOKING rather than just to put me down?
>
> John Kuthe...

Well, I had a hamburger a little while ago.

But let's discuss really important stuff, like door knobs, cheap
punk bands, and naked canoe trips.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/12/2020 9:52 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:39:09 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> Meretricious Piffle Deleted!
>> What if he hasn't seen them for half a year? Unless, you think he
>> calls or emails all his friends to tell them he's gone vegetarian. It
>> is possible

> How about you and all my Detractors post about FOOD or COOKING rather than just to put me down?
>
> John Kuthe...

Oh the irony!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 17:31:58 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> As a Gift, yes! But not for myself.

All your money was free. Everything you buy is a gift.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> Hank Rogers wrote:
> > You're NOT a vegetarian. You eat meat every time someone shoves it
> > in your fat face.

> As a Gift, yes! But not for myself.

You miss it, John. Why not do what I do...part time vegetarian.
Many of my meals are vegetarian but I'll eat meat too
when the urge hits. Hey, they're already dead. No need to
let that meat go to waste.

You won't be "saving all the animals" but you'll be saving
a few, in your mind. Better than nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/12/2020 9:30 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:08:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:58:43 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> A true vegetarian wouldn't eat meat simply because it was a "gift". A
>>> vegetarian would politely decline, saying "thank you but I don't eat
>>> meat." A friend wouldn't be offended. Then again, a "friend" bringing
>>> you a gift would have known you're a vegetarian so they wouldn't give
>>> you a gift of meat to begin with. Your claims to be a vegetarian are
>>> specious.
>>>

>> He hasn't been a vegetarian for long. It's quite normal that the
>> friend wouldn't know.
>>

> The way he crows about every mundane thing in his life????????
> Any 'friends' would have to be stone deaf not to know.

No kidding. It doesn't matter how recently he changed his eating
habits; if he's truly against eating meat he would have simply thanked
them [for the curried chicken] and said "thank you but I no longer eat
meat." They might be apologetic but not offended. (Would Bruce fall
off the wagon and eat meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?)
Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.

I'm going to go re-heat some of those ribs for lunch.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 9:12 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/12/2020 9:30 PM, wrote:
>> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:08:46 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>>> He hasn't been a vegetarian for long. It's quite normal that the
>>> friend wouldn't know.
>>>

>> The way he crows about every mundane thing in his life????????
>> Any 'friends' would have to be stone deaf not to know.
>>

> No kidding. It doesn't matter how recently he changed his eating
> habits; if he's truly against eating meat he would have simply thanked
> them [for the curried chicken] and said "thank you but I no longer eat
> meat." They might be apologetic but not offended. (Would Bruce fall
> off the wagon and eat meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?)
> Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.
>
> I'm going to go re-heat some of those ribs for lunch.
>
> Jill

I am often vegetarian between meals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 12:29:17 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 10/13/2020 9:12 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> >> The way he crows about every mundane thing in his life????????
> >> Any 'friends' would have to be stone deaf not to know.
> >>

> > No kidding. It doesn't matter how recently he changed his eating
> > habits; if he's truly against eating meat he would have simply thanked
> > them [for the curried chicken] and said "thank you but I no longer eat
> > meat." They might be apologetic but not offended. (Would Bruce fall
> > off the wagon and eat meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?)
> > Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.
> >
> > I'm going to go re-heat some of those ribs for lunch.
> >
> > Jill
> >

> I am often vegetarian between meals.

Lunch was vegetarian today: quesadilla. I'll probably have ham for dinner.

Yesterday I had meat at lunch (chicken sandwich) and dinner (kielbasa with
kraut). Tomorrow might be completely vegetarian--I haven't planned that
far ahead.

Kuthe is all about the virtue signaling and less about the virtue.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 12:59 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 12:29:17 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> No kidding. It doesn't matter how recently he changed his eating
>>> habits; if he's truly against eating meat he would have simply thanked
>>> them [for the curried chicken] and said "thank you but I no longer eat
>>> meat." They might be apologetic but not offended. (Would Bruce fall
>>> off the wagon and eat meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?)
>>> Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.
>>>
>>> I'm going to go re-heat some of those ribs for lunch.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> I am often vegetarian between meals.

> Lunch was vegetarian today: quesadilla. I'll probably have ham for dinner.

Hmmmm, I was thinking about cheese quesadillas recently. I have some
nice Queso Blanco

> Yesterday I had meat at lunch (chicken sandwich) and dinner (kielbasa with
> kraut). Tomorrow might be completely vegetarian--I haven't planned that
> far ahead.

Not a fan of sauerkraut but I do like kielbasa with cabbage.

> Kuthe is all about the virtue signaling and less about the virtue.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Truly.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 1:23:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 10/13/2020 12:59 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> I am often vegetarian between meals.

> > Lunch was vegetarian today: quesadilla. I'll probably have ham for dinner.
> >

> Hmmmm, I was thinking about cheese quesadillas recently. I have some
> nice Queso Blanco
> > Yesterday I had meat at lunch (chicken sandwich) and dinner (kielbasa with
> > kraut). Tomorrow might be completely vegetarian--I haven't planned that
> > far ahead.
> >

> Not a fan of sauerkraut but I do like kielbasa with cabbage.

Corned beef with cabbage is great! Oh, and you have to immediately wash your mouth out with water after eating all that sugary babyback BBQ sauce (it can be tough on the teeth).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-13 12:59 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 12:29:17 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Jill

>> I am often vegetarian between meals.

> Lunch was vegetarian today: quesadilla. I'll probably have ham for dinner.
>
> Yesterday I had meat at lunch (chicken sandwich) and dinner (kielbasa with
> kraut). Tomorrow might be completely vegetarian--I haven't planned that
> far ahead.
>
> Kuthe is all about the virtue signaling and less about the virtue.

I think this is going to be a vegetarian meal for us. My new diet has a
lot of vegetarian meals. We had fish on Friday, a pizza with just
vegetables and a bit of cheese on Saturday, and then turkey on Sunday
and Monday, so it looks like meatless is in the rotation for tonight. It
may be vegetarian chili.

I am can't boast and virtue signal about being vegetarian because we
still eat and enjoy some meat, but only about 1/4 as much as we used to
eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 12:12:59 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> Would Bruce fall off the wagon and eat
> meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?

> Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.

I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
is vegetarian said that he would say
thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
inconvenience or embarrass anyone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:31:25 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 12:12:59 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Would Bruce fall off the wagon and eat
>> meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?

>> Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.

>I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
>is vegetarian said that he would say
>thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
>inconvenience or embarrass anyone.

Even if it's lama meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 4:31 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 12:12:59 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Would Bruce fall off the wagon and eat
>> meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?

>> Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.

> I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
> is vegetarian said that he would say
> thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
> inconvenience or embarrass anyone.

Surely you're not comparing them.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 12:12:59 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Would Bruce fall off the wagon and eat
>> meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?

>> Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.

> I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
> is vegetarian said that he would say
> thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
> inconvenience or embarrass anyone.

Well, Kuth's been talking about starting a church for a long time ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:39:09 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> Meretricious Piffle Deleted!
>> What if he hasn't seen them for half a year? Unless, you think he
>> calls or emails all his friends to tell them he's gone vegetarian. It
>> is possible

> How about you and all my Detractors post about FOOD or COOKING rather than just to put me down?
>
> John Kuthe...

Awww...Â* Did you wreck your car again?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:39:10 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:31:25 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 12:12:59 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> Would Bruce fall off the wagon and eat
> >> meat simply because a "friend" gave it to him?

> >> Kuthe crowed about it here. Best ever! It's pure nonsense.

> >I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
> >is vegetarian said that he would say
> >thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
> >inconvenience or embarrass anyone.

> Even if it's lama meat?

If I had a llama, I would name it Dolly. If I had a pet rabbit,
I would name it either Patrick or Patricia.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:39:10 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:31:25 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> > > wrote:

> > >I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
> > >is vegetarian said that he would say
> > >thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
> > >inconvenience or embarrass anyone.

> > Even if it's lama meat?

> If I had a llama, I would name it Dolly. If I had a pet rabbit,
> I would name it either Patrick or Patricia.

Would you beat them like you do your wife...???

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 16:29:18 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:39:10 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:31:25 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
>> > wrote:

>> >I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
>> >is vegetarian said that he would say
>> >thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
>> >inconvenience or embarrass anyone.

>> Even if it's lama meat?

>If I had a llama, I would name it Dolly. If I had a pet rabbit,
>I would name it either Patrick or Patricia.

What about a mountain lion named Steve French?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2020 4:29 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:39:10 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:31:25 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
>> > wrote:

>>> I seem to recall that the Dalai Lama who
>>> is vegetarian said that he would say
>>> thanks and eat meat anyways, to not
>>> inconvenience or embarrass anyone.

>> Even if it's lama meat?

> If I had a llama, I would name it Dolly. If I had a pet rabbit,
> I would name it either Patrick or Patricia.
>
> --Bryan

I would think the rabbit should be named Jack.

He would be friends with Billy the goat and Kitty the cat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 17:01:53 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Well, Kuth's been talking about starting a church for a long time ...

Hank! That was the point I was setting myself up for, but you have stolen
it. Now you owe me one. Here is what I want you to do to pay me back.

I'm looking for someone, any regular to the group, to just read my on-
line story and do a short book report here. That way, I automatically
become de-facto poet laureate of this group until such a time as any
other aspiring amateur author here convinces someone to post a book
report on his / her story.

I would ask Pamela, but over in the UK, they deprive their kids from
playing baseball, and she might not be able to follow the play-by-play.

I would ask Steve, but he would probably have technical issues with the
BBQ Commando Unit.

And I would ask John, but he can only read books half-way through.

You're my last hope, Hank. US elections are only a few weeks away. It's
an easy read, no more than an hour or so. And like I said last week, I
can personally guarantee that *you* of everyone here will appreciate how
President Bruce saves humanity from the space aliens.

Everyone, please don't spoil the surprise for others!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 03:42:30 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy wrote:

> I would ask Pamela, but over in the UK, they deprive their kids from
> playing baseball,

No they don't! Girls play "Rounders", the baseball antecedent, which has
been played since Tudor times:-)

Help: Bad baby back ribs Zz Yzx Barbecue 20 28-04-2010 02:14 AM
Baby Back Ribs Theron General Cooking 8 09-09-2009 07:16 AM
Baby Back Ribs Sqwertz General Cooking 17 12-09-2008 07:20 AM
Baby Back Ribs Paco[_2_] General Cooking 2 10-09-2008 05:24 AM