Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

I hope all the folks across the Northern border had a nice meal for
their Thanksgiving.

And yes, Dave, I know you're having to do the "heart healthy" thing but
hey, this isn't your first rodeo with heart problems. I hope you had a
good dinner.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-12 7:48 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> I hope all the folks across the Northern border had a nice meal for
> their Thanksgiving.
>
> And yes, Dave, I know you're having to do the "heart healthy" thing but
> hey, this isn't your first rodeo with heart problems.Â* I hope you had a
> good dinner.

Thanks Jill. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my brothers. SiL cooked
without salt for my benefit. She did a turkey with dressing, gravy, some
roasted sweet potato for me, green beans, carrots and her famous
broccoli and cauliflower salad minus the bacon bits and sunflower seeds.
We took the desserts. My wife made some chocolate eclairs, I made a
pumpkin pie and our son made an apple crisp (no salt and reduced sugar).

I had a taste of everything, but just very small servings.

We had a more casual dinner tonight. I heated up some low sodium chicken
broth with a dash of soy sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, one star anise,
some chopped basil, and one very finely chopped seeded Thai pepper.
Delicious. I had a sandwich of dark turkey meat and cranberry sauce on
whole grain bread.