Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question - casserole seasoning?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> > If I made them, I wouldn't sprinkle cayenne pepper on them
> > - just paprika, as God intended.

> Satan told me to use cayenne.
> After all, they're devilled eggs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 19:54:29 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 9:18:05 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton
>> wrote:

>> > No, they're supposed to be "devilish". That's why I sprinkle
>> > cayenne pepper on top of mine.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> If I made them, I wouldn't sprinkle cayenne pepper on them - just
>> paprika, as God intended.

>LOL!
>
>I don't make them often but when I do, I make them for parties with 12
>eggs, 24 halves of course. all the yellows go in a bowl and mashed
>with some mayo to make them hold together then some get dressed with a
>little minced red onion, some with some hot mustard, some with a little
>horseradish, and some with minced sweet watermelon rind. Hot Paprika
>graces them to various levels. I had an almost 'lasy susan' tray with
>a little 1 TB pocket towards the center with what they were mixed with
>and in the very center, matchsticked veggies so you could check the
>sauce.

If I had to choose my least favorite food it would most definitely
be deviled eggs, should be illegal. I never eat them when served, I
don't like anyone futzing with my egg yolks... seeing them served
ruins my appetite... makes me wonder what else was so grotesquely
futzed with. I like hard boiled eggs but I shell them myself. I'll
typically boil a carton of 18 eggs but it sits in the fridge for us to
help ourselves, we both like sliced egg sammiches. Deviled eggs
remind me of pooped diapers... deviled eggs belong flushed down the
toilet. I consider serving deviled eggs an insult... clean your own
brat's poopy diapers. When someone says deviled eggs I expect to see
a big jar of beet juice dyed pickled eggs, we both like those too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 02:44:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 3:35:19 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>> > No, they're supposed to be "devilish". That's why I sprinkle cayenne pepper on top of mine.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> If I made them, I wouldn't sprinkle cayenne pepper on them - just paprika, as God intended.

>Satan told me to use cayenne. After all, they're devilled eggs.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

That's where deviled eggs belong, in Hell!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> If I had to choose my least favorite food it would most definitely
> be deviled eggs, should be illegal. I never eat them when served, I
> don't like anyone futzing with my egg yolks... seeing them served
> ruins my appetite... makes me wonder what else was so grotesquely
> futzed with. I like hard boiled eggs but I shell them myself. I'll
> typically boil a carton of 18 eggs but it sits in the fridge for us to
> help ourselves, we both like sliced egg sammiches. Deviled eggs
> remind me of pooped diapers... deviled eggs belong flushed down the
> toilet. I consider serving deviled eggs an insult... clean your own
> brat's poopy diapers.

LOL! Your loss, Sheldon. Deviled eggs can be good.

If you don't trust anyone else making them, make a few
yourself. Imo, only young children will refuse to eat
something because "they don't sound good."

Here's the adult response... Just try one bite.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 11:44:14 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 3:35:19 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> > > No, they're supposed to be "devilish". That's why I sprinkle cayenne pepper on top of mine.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > If I made them, I wouldn't sprinkle cayenne pepper on them - just paprika, as God intended.

> Satan told me to use cayenne. After all, they're devilled eggs.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Since I have renounced Satan and all his works and empty promises, that's probably not in the cards. I'll make Jesus eggs instead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 19:54:29 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> If I made them, I wouldn't sprinkle cayenne pepper on them - just
>>> paprika, as God intended.

>> LOL!
>>
>> I don't make them often but when I do, I make them for parties with 12
>> eggs, 24 halves of course. all the yellows go in a bowl and mashed
>> with some mayo to make them hold together then some get dressed with a
>> little minced red onion, some with some hot mustard, some with a little
>> horseradish, and some with minced sweet watermelon rind. Hot Paprika
>> graces them to various levels. I had an almost 'lasy susan' tray with
>> a little 1 TB pocket towards the center with what they were mixed with
>> and in the very center, matchsticked veggies so you could check the
>> sauce.

> If I had to choose my least favorite food it would most definitely
> be deviled eggs, should be illegal. I never eat them when served, I
> don't like anyone futzing with my egg yolks... seeing them served
> ruins my appetite... makes me wonder what else was so grotesquely
> futzed with. I like hard boiled eggs but I shell them myself. I'll
> typically boil a carton of 18 eggs but it sits in the fridge for us to
> help ourselves, we both like sliced egg sammiches. Deviled eggs
> remind me of pooped diapers...

Yoose licked off lots of diapers Popeye?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:28:04 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>> If I had to choose my least favorite food it would most definitely
>> be deviled eggs, should be illegal. I never eat them when served, I
>> don't like anyone futzing with my egg yolks... seeing them served
>> ruins my appetite... makes me wonder what else was so grotesquely
>> futzed with. I like hard boiled eggs but I shell them myself. I'll
>> typically boil a carton of 18 eggs but it sits in the fridge for us to
>> help ourselves, we both like sliced egg sammiches. Deviled eggs
>> remind me of pooped diapers... deviled eggs belong flushed down the
>> toilet. I consider serving deviled eggs an insult... clean your own
>> brat's poopy diapers.

>LOL! Your loss, Sheldon. Deviled eggs can be good.
>
>If you don't trust anyone else making them, make a few
>yourself.

Sheldon only trusts cake makers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:12:40 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 11:44:14 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > If I made them, I wouldn't sprinkle cayenne pepper on them - just paprika, as God intended.

>> Satan told me to use cayenne. After all, they're devilled eggs.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>Since I have renounced Satan and all his works and empty promises, that's probably not in the cards. I'll make Jesus eggs instead.

But that's the religion of the oppressor! Of the evil white men!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/10/2020 18:41, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:28:04 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>> If I had to choose my least favorite food it would most definitely
>>> be deviled eggs, should be illegal. I never eat them when served, I
>>> don't like anyone futzing with my egg yolks... seeing them served
>>> ruins my appetite... makes me wonder what else was so grotesquely
>>> futzed with. I like hard boiled eggs but I shell them myself. I'll
>>> typically boil a carton of 18 eggs but it sits in the fridge for us to
>>> help ourselves, we both like sliced egg sammiches. Deviled eggs
>>> remind me of pooped diapers... deviled eggs belong flushed down the
>>> toilet. I consider serving deviled eggs an insult... clean your own
>>> brat's poopy diapers.

>> LOL! Your loss, Sheldon. Deviled eggs can be good.
>> If you don't trust anyone else making them, make a few
>> yourself.

> Sheldon only trusts cake makers.

And sausage makers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:43:12 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> But that's the religion of the oppressor! Of the evil white men!

My guess is that Satan's your guy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:39:20 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 12/10/2020 18:41, Bruce wrote:
>>> LOL! Your loss, Sheldon. Deviled eggs can be good.
>>> If you don't trust anyone else making them, make a few
>>> yourself.

>> Sheldon only trusts cake makers.
>>

>And sausage makers.

Ah, yes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:45:49 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:43:12 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> But that's the religion of the oppressor! Of the evil white men!

>My guess is that Satan's your guy.

No, but aren't you supposed to do something with ancestors instead?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 9:13:04 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> If I had to choose my least favorite food it would most definitely
> be deviled eggs, should be illegal. I never eat them when served, I
> don't like anyone futzing with my egg yolks... seeing them served
> ruins my appetite.

Hand me that plate of deviled eggs and stand aside!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:04:14 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Popeye sure is squeamish.

He must have been scared by a deviled egg as a child.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>Hank Rogers wrote:
>>
>> Popeye sure is squeamish.
>>

>He must have been scared by a deviled egg as a child.

Nonsense, I've eaten more pussies than you can count.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:19:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> On 10/12/2020 8:29 PM, wrote:
>
> > On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 9:13:04 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >>
> >> If I had to choose my least favorite food it would most definitely
> >> be deviled eggs, should be illegal. I never eat them when served, I
> >> don't like anyone futzing with my egg yolks... seeing them served
> >> ruins my appetite.
> >>

> > Hand me that plate of deviled eggs and stand aside!
> >

> I don't like devilled eggs and never make or consume them. If you find
> some at a picnic or pot-luck setting, you may have whatever would have
> been my share.
>
> Jill

YUM! Thank you and no taking your portion back!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 8:25:21 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>
> >Hank Rogers wrote:
> >>
> >> Popeye sure is squeamish.
> >>

> >He must have been scared by a deviled egg as a child.

> Nonsense, I've eaten more pussies than you can count.

I'm not sure what that has to do with deviled eggs and I'm positive I
don't want to know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-12 9:44 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 21:19:25 -0400, jmcquown >

Hand me that plate of deviled eggs and stand aside!

>> I don't like devilled eggs and never make or consume them. If you find
>> some at a picnic or pot-luck setting, you may have whatever would have
>> been my share.
>>
>> Jill

> Thank you. Deviled eggs is the most disgusting food there is. I like
> hard cooked eggs but I don't want anyone playing with them. Yik.

They are nothing more than an enhanced hard boiled egg. They can be
pretty good, but they are a lot of finicky work. The last time I made
Deviled Eggs was for a family function and the Big Niece descended on
them and ate them all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 10:51:29 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-10-12 9:44 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 21:19:25 -0400, jmcquown >

> Hand me that plate of deviled eggs and stand aside!
> >>>
> >> I don't like devilled eggs and never make or consume them. If you find
> >> some at a picnic or pot-luck setting, you may have whatever would have
> >> been my share.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Thank you. Deviled eggs is the most disgusting food there is. I like
> > hard cooked eggs but I don't want anyone playing with them. Yik.
> >

> They are nothing more than an enhanced hard boiled egg. They can be
> pretty good, but they are a lot of finicky work.

If you make a lot of them, yes. Every year around Easter I get a hard-boiled
egg jones and cook up half a dozen. Two or three are deviled; the rest are
egg salad. Then I'm usually good until the following year, but all this talk
of deviled eggs has awakened the urge. Maybe I'll do some soon.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 12:53:00 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 4:23:55 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 10:00:54 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> > > If you did that, it wouldn't be the full effect. "Deviled" means with
> > > mustard in it. I
> > > also use a sprinkle of cayenne on top rather than paprika. Once in a
> > > while I add
> > > curry powder, and always salt and pepper.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > These eggs would only be slightly evil.

> And you would proclaim them "bland, white-people food", when in reality
> you made
> them that way.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Deviled eggs are supposed to be bland, white-people food. So what? I don't
have any problems with that. I'm going to my Swedish step-mom's house today
for dinner. I'm pretty sure we're going to be eating white-people food.?

====

Enjoy. Let us know if it was something we might like