Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Snack tonight

Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.

Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 21:07:26 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
>sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
>bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
>Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
>
>Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

4 large pimento stuffed olives, half a Pepsi was my snack.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

'Cracker slices' of Gouda cheese and some crackers washed down with
a glass of milk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
> sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
> bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
> Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
>
> Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

Very soignée there, Ed...

I cooked much of the day - a pizza and just finishing up some pasta - for this week, so basically snacked all day, had a bagel w/butter, a small tossed salad, shrimp w/cocktail sauce and some vanilla ice cream...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 3:07:32 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
> sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
> bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
> Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
>
> Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

I got some beef cheeks i.e., "giant land scallops." It was $4.29/lb which is just my speed. It was packaged for the Latino market so I hope there no weird crap on them like salivary glands or lymph nodes. It'll braised in the usual red wine and veggies. As usual, it's going to be awesome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 9:07:32 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
> sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
> bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
> Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
>
> Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

I don't snack at night, but around 3 pm I had some pretzels and provolone.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> >Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
> >sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
> >bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
> >Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
> >
> >Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

> 4 large pimento stuffed olives, half a Pepsi was my snack.

Mine was my last banana with some vanilla ice cream.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/4/2020 8:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
> sprinkled a little sugar on them.Â* An hour later, I happened to see the
> bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
> Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
>
> Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

Mine was right after lunch , some fresh-hot-from-the-oven apple crisp
with vanilla ice cream . And there's enough left for a couple more
servings ... each .
--
Snag
Illegitimi non
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 8:07:32 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
> sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
> bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
> Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
>
> Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

I know this was a typo, and I know exactly what you meant - but
the picture in my head of giving each berry a little smooch before
carefully putting them in a cup gave me such a case of the giggles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2020 10:28 AM, Michelle wrote:
> On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 8:07:32 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
>> sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see the
>> bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in there.
>> Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream.
>>
>> Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

> I know this was a typo, and I know exactly what you meant - but
> the picture in my head of giving each berry a little smooch before
> carefully putting them in a cup gave me such a case of the giggles.

Hey, you don't know my intimate feelings for berries!

Looked at it twice and did not notice. You gave me a giggle now too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 9:28:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 8:07:32 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> 'Cracker slices' of Gouda cheese and some crackers washed down with
> a glass of milk.

Mine is a small block of cheap Cheddar, a gob of Mayo, cayenne pepper for my capsaicin dose and an apple! And YES I will wash it all down with milk, thanks for reminding me! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 21:07:26 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> > Put some raspberries in a custard cup, smooched them a little and
> > sprinkled a little sugar on them. An hour later, I happened to see
> > the bottle of Chambord (blackberry liquor) so put about an ounce in
> > there. Come time to eat, added a scoop of Hagen Dazs vanilla bean
> > ice cream.
> >
> > Enough berries to repeat it tomorrow.

> 4 large pimento stuffed olives, half a Pepsi was my snack.
> Janet US

Mine was 4 huge ripe olives, a pear, and some wheat thins with a cajun
seafood spread from Harris Teeters. Chased with a beer <wink>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Oct 2020 21:15:39 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

wrote:

>> On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 8:07:32 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> 'Cracker slices' of Gouda cheese and some crackers washed down with
>> a glass of milk.

>I like!
>
>I'm also at 105lbs. Aiming for 110lbs. I lost a little ground last
>week. As frustrating as it can be for those trying to lose weight,
>it's just as bad from the other side of it.

Since you lack verticality, it's normal to be lighter than average.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 9:15:50 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 8:07:32 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> > 'Cracker slices' of Gouda cheese and some crackers washed down with
> > a glass of milk.

> I like!
>
> I'm also at 105lbs. Aiming for 110lbs. I lost a little ground last
> week. As frustrating as it can be for those trying to lose weight,
> it's just as bad from the other side of it.

My brother doesn't care anything about the Gouda cheese, he's a
sharp cheddar cheese guy. I like too, but Gouda seems to be beating
out everything else for me.

If you're a milk drinker and want to gain some weight try mixing in
a little heavy cream into your glass of moo juice. If you don't care
for the heavy stuff try drinking half-n-half.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> I'm also at 105lbs. Aiming for 110lbs. I lost a little ground last
> week. As frustrating as it can be for those trying to lose weight,
> it's just as bad from the other side of it.

My body would equal 2 of yours. Cut me in half and make
2 Carols plus enough leftover for dessert.

At 6'2", my ideal weight is right around 200lbs.
I am not at my ideal weight though. I've gone over.
Change of jobs and resulting loss of daily activity is
taking it's toll.

It would seem to me though that having a few extra sandwiches
when you're *not* hungry, might be a bit easier than having
a few less sandwiches when you *are* hungry.

That said, I've known 2 anorexic women (both dead now) that
just couldn't stand to eat more. No matter what I said,
they refused to agree. One did try and added a can of
Slim Fast to her diet each day. ;o Not enough but better
than nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > I'm also at 105lbs. Aiming for 110lbs. I lost a little ground last
> > week. As frustrating as it can be for those trying to lose weight,
> > it's just as bad from the other side of it.

> My body would equal 2 of yours. Cut me in half and make
> 2 Carols plus enough leftover for dessert.
>
> At 6'2", my ideal weight is right around 200lbs.
> I am not at my ideal weight though. I've gone over.
> Change of jobs and resulting loss of daily activity is
> taking it's toll.
>
> It would seem to me though that having a few extra sandwiches
> when you're not hungry, might be a bit easier than having
> a few less sandwiches when you are hungry.
>
> That said, I've known 2 anorexic women (both dead now) that
> just couldn't stand to eat more. No matter what I said,
> they refused to agree. One did try and added a can of
> Slim Fast to her diet each day. ;o Not enough but better
> than nothing.

Sorry but the automatic assumption of anorexia is understood but
innaccurate. I am consuming an average of 3,000 calories a day. I try
to make them healthy ones for at least 2,000 of them.

Today for example ws 1,200 calories in potato chips. Not healthy I
know but I had 2,000 calories of healthy fruits, meats and veggies,
breads, and dairy.

I might add, at 5ft 1in, 105 is not at all horribly underweight. In
fact, it's pretty much where Doctors want us to be. I just like better
curves at 110lbs.

It just takes me eating a lot more than you do, to maintain it is all.

PS: 106lbs just now but weighing every day doesnt really work. To be
slightly deicate about it, norma bowl rhythems have a sway there.

Snack tonight Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 9 23-08-2017 04:55 PM
10:20 PM snack Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 02-06-2008 07:49 AM
A SNACK OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 0 04-07-2006 04:28 PM
ko- Nabisco Snack Well's Banana Snack Bars ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 13-11-2004 05:14 PM