Default Looking for Konemann's Culinaria series cookbooks

I collect international cookbooks, and I think that Konemann's
Culinaria series are among the best. They're also impossible to find,
either in English or in the original German. Does anyone know why?
Are they no longer being printed? Most books in the series seem to
have been published in the past couple of years

I'm looking for the following books:

Culinaria: Germany (ISBN 3829026218)
Culinaria: Britannia & Eire (ISBN 3829040857)
Culinaria: Greece (ISBN 3829064861
Culinaria: India (ISBN 3829041519)

I remember seeing the Germany book in a store, and I could kick myself
for not having bought it. I've never seen the other three--I learned
about them through web searches--although they were supposedly
published in 2002.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mia

> wrote in message
om...
> I collect international cookbooks, and I think that Konemann's
> Culinaria series are among the best. They're also impossible to find,
> either in English or in the original German. Does anyone know why?
> Are they no longer being printed? Most books in the series seem to
> have been published in the past couple of years
>
> I'm looking for the following books:
>
> Culinaria: Germany (ISBN 3829026218)
> Culinaria: Britannia & Eire (ISBN 3829040857)
> Culinaria: Greece (ISBN 3829064861
> Culinaria: India (ISBN 3829041519)
>
> I remember seeing the Germany book in a store, and I could kick myself
> for not having bought it. I've never seen the other three--I learned
> about them through web searches--although they were supposedly
> published in 2002.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I found Culinaria:Germany, India, and Greece at http://www.fetchbook.co.uk
You can also pre-order some of them "used" through amazon.com.

Mia

Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I collect international cookbooks, and I think that Konemann'sCulinaria series are among the best. They're also impossible to find,either in English or in the original German. Does anyone know why?

DEAR SCCNYC2003: SEE MY RESPONSES FOR EACH ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS BELOW.

RESPONSE: KONEMANN WENT OUT OF BUSINESS DURING THE LATTER PART OF 2003.

Are they no longer being printed?
RESPONSE: NO.

Most books in the series seem tohave been published in the past couple of years.

RESPONSE: LAST PUBLISHED CULINARIA BOOK WAS 2002.

I'm looking for the following books:

Culinaria: Germany (ISBN 3829026218)

RESPONSE: YOU CAN FIND GERMANY AT AMAZON.COM

Culinaria: Britannia & Eire (ISBN 3829040857)

RESPONSE: BRITANNIA AND EIRE WAS NEVER PUBLISHED.

Culinaria: Greece (ISBN 3829064861

RESPONSE: I FOUND GREECE (MANY COPIES) LAST WEEK AT A BJ'S WAREHOUSE IN HOLLYWOOD, FL)

Culinaria: India (ISBN 3829041519)

RESPONSE: INDIA WAS NEVER PUBLISHED.

[...]

Any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

Member

I have recently found Culinaria Italy at Boarders Book stores on the barginbook table SEALED for 24.95.

I also found a distributor for the Culinaria Hungary for 29.99 plus shipping .

I am also looking for the Culinaria Germany for a FAIR price (not looking for a perfect copy a used one is fine)
Good luck, barjem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubansazon