Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Winner Winner...

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:29:23 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
>>>

>> Amazon has a few brands. Texas Pete, Cholula,Franks, and others.
>> https://www.amazon.com/Franks-RedHot...grocery&sr=1-5

> Probably I don't see them because I'm not into hot sauce anymore, I
> gave it up years ago, ever since the hemmeroid problems. My wife
> still likes hot food but she's well satisfied with a few hot pepper
> flakes like is used on pizza.

Try mixing some habanero sauce with yoose preparation H for yoose
'roids Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 13:36:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 10:00:10 AM UTC-10, wrote:

>> > I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
>> >

>> Come South.

>I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida.

There are Asians everywhere. There are even Asians in Walgett.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 11:17:37 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 13:36:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> Come South.

> >I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida.

> There are Asians everywhere. There are even Asians in Walgett.

MBSSA!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 14:21:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 11:17:37 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 13:36:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida.

>> There are Asians everywhere. There are even Asians in Walgett.

>MBSSA!

Melbourne Business School Student Association?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 10:00:10 AM UTC-10, wrote:

>>> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
>>>

>> Come South.

> I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.

No asians in florida? Hahahahahahahaha ... that's as stupid as
saying there's no jews in New York!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 11:59:02 AM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

> >> Come South.

> > I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.
> >

> No asians in florida? Hahahahahahahaha ... that's as stupid as
> saying there's no jews in New York!

I was joking - yoose butt sniffing moron. If yoose had any sense of humor, any tiny bit at all, you'd have recognized it as such. Better luck next time, fool.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 19:38:22 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Where's the hot souce?

> I thought about doing Nashville hot, but the only hot sauce I have
> right now is VERY VERY hot.
>
> https://countrystore.tabasco.com/pro...scorpion-sauce
>
> -sw

Damn!Â* I like hot but I'll pass on that.Â* I didn't know they made it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw

>> My my, looks simply DELICIOUS!
>>
>> I've never been able to fry chicken worth a cuss nor would I now as a
>> vegetarian, however if offered I would certainly eat! Because it
>> would be rude to refuse a gift offered.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> Here's a platter of dog shit as a gift.
>
> CHOW DOWN!

Love it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/18/2020 4:36 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>> Come South.

> I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.

Florida has a population of about 24 million. There are about 200
people that were actually born in the state. The rest are misplaced
Cubans, Mexicans, Yankees.

I live among these people
https://www.boredpanda.com/hilarious...aign =organic

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 19:36:18 -0400, Alex > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Where's the hot souce?

>> I thought about doing Nashville hot, but the only hot sauce I have
>> right now is VERY VERY hot.
>>
>> https://countrystore.tabasco.com/pro...scorpion-sauce
>>
>> -sw

>Damn!Â* I like hot but I'll pass on that.Â* I didn't know they made it.

I've also never grown those scorpion chillies. I can see a bit of it
burn through my tongue, leaving a hole. Hot food yes, chemical warfare
no thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 2:05:19 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/18/2020 4:36 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>

> >> Come South.

> > I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.
> >

> Florida has a population of about 24 million. There are about 200
> people that were actually born in the state. The rest are misplaced
> Cubans, Mexicans, Yankees.
>
> I live among these people
> https://www.boredpanda.com/hilarious...aign =organic

Well, I'm totally stunned. Truly, you guys are number one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 4:42:46 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 10:33:27 AM UTC-10, wrote:

> > > Or go to your local Taco Bell.
> > >

> > True! And I think even Wendy's has hot for their chili in packets.

> I loves Wendy's. Their burgers are okay but I'll just order a bowl of chili. They have a packet of chili seasonings that's just wonderful. It's a cumin/garlic/chili pepper sauce that hits me in the right spots. I can't say how anybody else would react to the stuff.

We put that sauce on our burgers when we go to Wendy's. (Not in quite a while, since we only
went there while traveling to my in-law's.)

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 8:05:19 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/18/2020 4:36 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>

> >> Come South.

> > I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.
> >

> Florida has a population of about 24 million. There are about 200
> people that were actually born in the state. The rest are misplaced
> Cubans, Mexicans, Yankees.

Except somewhere north of Disney World, where there are no more downeastern retirees, of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2020 11:12 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>
>> -sw

> My my, looks simply DELICIOUS!
>
> I've never been able to fry chicken worth a cuss nor would I now as a vegetarian, however if offered I would certainly eat! Because it would be rude to refuse a gift offered.
>
> John Kuthe...

A true vegetarian wouldn't compromise their principles just because
someone put fried chicken on the table.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Sheldon Martin wrote:

> > > Pan fried (like you did) makes the best home cooked
> > > chicken, by far. Looks very nice.

> > I don't like breaded chicken, the breading prevents the skin from
> > cooking, it's always practically raw skin... Kentucky Fried is
> > disgusting... the one time I tried to eat that crap I needed to peel
> > the breaded skin off to make it somewhat edible. Roast chicken with
> > crisp skin is far more enjoyable. Actually I don't like any breaded
> > food, restaurants bread food to fool patrons into thinking they are
> > getting larger portions... breaded shrimp (any breaded seafood) is a
> > big rip off. I also despise breaded pork chops, and to add insult
> > to injury they are smothered with cheapo canned soup... breading and
> > canned soup hides all the fat. I like plain/naked fried chops, and
> > I pare away the excessive fat before seasoning/frying. To me
> > breading is tantamont to pie crust, worthless calories to hide the
> > fact that there's much less filling. I don't like meat pies
> > either... I much prefer stewed chicken/beef with gravy sans
> > crust... much better over egg noodles.

> Not just you but many others here do have a lot of food issues
> that disgust them. So much for a cooking group that just likes
> food. Many people complain and bitch about what others eat.
>
> I like almost everything so I consider myself lucky.
>
> The nit picky comments here are so silly.
> Every single thing you just bitched about upstairs is all good
> food to me.

Same here. I LIKE properly breaded things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:03:21 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
> > I don't like breaded chicken, the breading prevents the skin from
> > cooking, it's always practically raw skin...

> Of course. It makes total sense that the outside would get crispy
> and the heat would magically pass through the skin without cooking
> it, allowing the meat on the inside to miraculously cook to
> doneness while leaving the skin raw.
>
> It's MAGIC SKIN!
>
> -sw

LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

> > > In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> > FWIW, the best high-end <cough> restaurant for swiping packets is
> > Chick-Fil-A. They have a great assortment out for the taking,
> > including Texas Pete and Tabasco.

> I have many of the McD salt packs. I always grab a handful.
> I only use them at home for fries though.
> Can also buy that in the grocery as "popcorn salt"
>
> Also I have many packs of sweet and sour sauce swiped from
> 7-11. I love that brand but haven't seen it in a store yet.
> It's Minh brand.
>
> I like it for egg rolls or spring rolls (not from 7-11)

I have a few of the McD's salt packs at work in my drawer. They pour
better.

I get to the the odd one out again. Docs want me to eat more salt as
tests run low blood sodium consistantly for 2 years. An odd sort of
aenemia going on since 2009 (retirement physical from Navy) still there.

Good news after being sick 2 weeks ago, regained to 105. Aiming for
110 still.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 8/18/2020 10:51 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> > > In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> > I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
> >

> Amazon has a few brands. Texas Pete, Cholula,Franks, and others.

https://www.amazon.com/Franks-RedHot...grocery&sr=1-5

Cholula would be my choice. No vinegary taste to it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 10:00:10 AM UTC-10,
> wrote:

> > > I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
> > >

> > Come South.

> I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal
> experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can
> tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk
> is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there
> to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.

Technically FL is in the south, but most of it is 'Mini NY' in ways.
You have to get upstate along the border or along the panhandle. That
and the deep everglades. Until you get to those other places, it's
like Northern USA with a large hispanic population.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 15:59:18 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 10:00:10 AM UTC-10,
>> wrote:

>> > Come South.

>> I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal
>> experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can
>> tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk
>> is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there
>> to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.
>>

>Technically FL is in the south, but most of it is 'Mini NY' in ways.
>You have to get upstate along the border or along the panhandle. That
>and the deep everglades. Until you get to those other places, it's
>like Northern USA with a large hispanic population.

Do you have many alligators in NY?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:51:09 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Where's the hot souce?

>>In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

>I've never seen hot sauce in packets.

That's because you buy all your hot sauce in copper kettles from
Goldstein&Steingold in New York.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2020 5:01 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 15:59:18 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal
>>> experience. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can
>>> tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk
>>> is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there
>>> to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.
>>>

>> Technically FL is in the south, but most of it is 'Mini NY' in ways.
>> You have to get upstate along the border or along the panhandle. That
>> and the deep everglades. Until you get to those other places, it's
>> like Northern USA with a large hispanic population.

> Do you have many alligators in NY?

Wall Street. They will eat you alive.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:51:09 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:

>>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

>> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.

> That's because you buy all your hot sauce in copper kettles from
> Goldstein&Steingold in New York.

In 55 gallon drums too, for economy. That NY establishment also
carries crystal palace in giant drums and 144 case pallets. Or
tanker truck delivery.

A fine establishment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/22/2020 5:01 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 15:59:18 -0500, "cshenk" >
>> wrote:

>>> Technically FL is in the south, but most of it is 'Mini NY' in
>>> ways.
>>> You have to get upstate along the border or along the
>>> panhandle.* That
>>> and the deep everglades.* Until you get to those other places, it's
>>> like Northern USA with a large hispanic population.

>> Do you have many alligators in NY?
>>

> Wall Street.* They will eat you alive.

Those are crocodiles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22/08/2020 22:01, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 15:59:18 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>>
>> Technically FL is in the south, but most of it is 'Mini NY' in ways.
>> You have to get upstate along the border or along the panhandle. That
>> and the deep everglades. Until you get to those other places, it's
>> like Northern USA with a large hispanic population.

> Do you have many alligators in NY?

Only in the sewer system.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 06:21:07 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 22/08/2020 22:01, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 15:59:18 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>>>
>>> Technically FL is in the south, but most of it is 'Mini NY' in ways.
>>> You have to get upstate along the border or along the panhandle. That
>>> and the deep everglades. Until you get to those other places, it's
>>> like Northern USA with a large hispanic population.

>> Do you have many alligators in NY?
>>

>Only in the sewer system.

And sometimes they come up when you least expect it
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 3:50:24 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> > > I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
> > >

> > Amazon has a few brands. Texas Pete, Cholula,Franks, and others.
> >

> https://www.amazon.com/Franks-RedHot...grocery&sr=1-5
> Cholula would be my choice. No vinegary taste to it.

Cholula is more than twice the price of the other hot sauces
because they can get away with it. It's that much better. I
don't know why no one seems to have ever tried making a
store brand knockoff.

--Bryan