Pomeroy3

Default Raspberry Schnapps vs.Liqueur?

I have a chocolate bundt cake recipe that calls for Raspberry Schnapps both in
the cake and in the glaze. I can't find the Schnapps, but can find Raspberry
Liqueur. Do you think I can substitue it?
Susie Q
Marge

definitely

Marge

definitely

Marge

definitely

limey

"Pomeroy3" > wrote in message
>I have a chocolate bundt cake recipe that calls for Raspberry Schnapps both
>in
> the cake and in the glaze. I can't find the Schnapps, but can find
> Raspberry
> Liqueur. Do you think I can substitue it?
> Susie Q

Chambord should do it.

Dora

limey

"Pomeroy3" > wrote in message
>I have a chocolate bundt cake recipe that calls for Raspberry Schnapps both
>in
> the cake and in the glaze. I can't find the Schnapps, but can find
> Raspberry
> Liqueur. Do you think I can substitue it?
> Susie Q

Chambord should do it.

Dora

Windcat

> Chambord should do it.
>
> Dora

Is there any alcohol in that stuff? No indication at all on the box
or bottle and it doesn't taste like there is any in it.
I often wondered if it was sort of a raspberry Grenadine.
Windcat

> Chambord should do it.
>
> Dora

Is there any alcohol in that stuff? No indication at all on the box
or bottle and it doesn't taste like there is any in it.
I often wondered if it was sort of a raspberry Grenadine.
Jessica V.

Windcat wrote:

>> Chambord should do it.
>>
>> Dora
>>

> Is there any alcohol in that stuff? No indication at all on the box
> or bottle and it doesn't taste like there is any in it.
> I often wondered if it was sort of a raspberry Grenadine.

Oh yes Chambord has alcohol in it. 17% I think. Too lazy to go look at
my bottle at the moment.

Jessica
Jim Lahue

Windcat wrote:

>> Chambord should do it.
>>
>> Dora
>>

> Is there any alcohol in that stuff? No indication at all on the box
> or bottle and it doesn't taste like there is any in it.
> I often wondered if it was sort of a raspberry Grenadine.

It has 16.5% alcohol.

Jim Lahue

Nancy Young

Windcat wrote:

> Is there any alcohol in that stuff? No indication at all on the box
> or bottle and it doesn't taste like there is any in it.
> I often wondered if it was sort of a raspberry Grenadine.

You betcher boopie there is. It is called liqueur, no?

nancy
Nancy Young

Windcat wrote:

> Is there any alcohol in that stuff? No indication at all on the box
> or bottle and it doesn't taste like there is any in it.
> I often wondered if it was sort of a raspberry Grenadine.

You betcher boopie there is. It is called liqueur, no?

nancy
Pomeroy3

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try it.
Susie Q
Pomeroy3

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try it.
Susie Q
jacqui{JB}

"limey" > wrote in message

[re Chambord]
> It's a liqueur. Check out the link. It's wonderful
> with icecream, or anywhere you want a raspberry flavor.

Sipped with a bit of cream, a splash or three in a glass of champagne
(for extra kick, add a slug of vodka, something that used to be termed
an El Cortez Elevator [after the El Cortez Hotel] at Top of the Hyatt
in San Diego) or white wine ... it's lovely stuff.
-j

jacqui{JB}

"limey" > wrote in message

[re Chambord]
> It's a liqueur. Check out the link. It's wonderful
> with icecream, or anywhere you want a raspberry flavor.

Sipped with a bit of cream, a splash or three in a glass of champagne
(for extra kick, add a slug of vodka, something that used to be termed
an El Cortez Elevator [after the El Cortez Hotel] at Top of the Hyatt
in San Diego) or white wine ... it's lovely stuff.
-j

elaine

"Pomeroy3" > wrote in message
> Thanks everyone. I'm going to try it.
> Susie Q

But I hope you like sweet - really sweet liquers. I went out and bought
this [ Chambord] last year - personally, I thought it was horrible.

Elaine

elaine

Raspberry Liqueur Truffles Tim Recipes 0 17-07-2005 07:47 PM
1930s Schnapps bottle Gravy General 2 03-11-2004 07:00 PM
Wild Raspberry Liqueur Fudge Preserving 4 02-09-2004 04:22 AM
Wild Raspberry Liqueur Puester Preserving 1 05-08-2004 08:02 PM
Hank's Raspberry Liqueur Truffles Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-02-2004 04:29 PM