Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fried bologna

Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:31:58 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
>
> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Folks in Michigan eat it too. My mother used to make it
occasionally. She bought thick chunks so the interior was still
moist.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/9/20 2:41 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:31:58 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
>>
>> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

> Folks in Michigan eat it too. My mother used to make it
> occasionally. She bought thick chunks so the interior was still
> moist.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It's eaten everywhere.
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=fri...gna&ia=recipes

--
Dave S
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/9/2020 2:41 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:31:58 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed.

I don't care what is on Bryan's Facebook newsfeed.

> Folks in Michigan eat it too. My mother used to make it
> occasionally. She bought thick chunks so the interior was still
> moist.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

People all over the country eat fried bologna. Apparently since it's
been announced on FB and Bryan doesn't like it... it's another chance to
shill his book. Heh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 11:41:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:31:58 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
>>
>> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

>Folks in Michigan eat it too. My mother used to make it
>occasionally. She bought thick chunks so the interior was still
>moist.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Cut up loaves of bologna used to be available here so that you could
cut it thick for sandwiches. Haven't seen the loaf pieces in a long
time.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 11:41:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:31:58 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
>>>
>>> --Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

>> Folks in Michigan eat it too. My mother used to make it
>> occasionally. She bought thick chunks so the interior was still
>> moist.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Cut up loaves of bologna used to be available here so that you could
> cut it thick for sandwiches. Haven't seen the loaf pieces in a long
> time.
> Janet US

That's all they had in the old days. My gramps had a small store,
and I still remember him cutting slices of baloney for folks and
wrap it in white paper. In those days, I don't remember seeing
pre-sliced, but maybe it existed in fancier places.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 3:12:04 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/9/2020 2:41 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:31:58 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed.

> I don't care what is on Bryan's Facebook newsfeed.
>
> > Folks in Michigan eat it too. My mother used to make it
> > occasionally. She bought thick chunks so the interior was still
> > moist.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> People all over the country eat fried bologna. Apparently since it's
> been announced on FB and Bryan doesn't like it... it's another chance to
> shill his book. Heh.

My book is free. You might want to consult a dictionary/thesaurus. I'm not selling anything. I have, however, changed my sig. You were right that it would be boring to back and forth with Kuthe, so I'll ignore him, but quote him in my sig. It's no wonder why no one wants to hire him to be a nurse.

> Jill

--Bryan

€śUrethra. The word is urethra.
I'm "checking out on that Monday! In nursing school! How to
catheterize a female patient!!Unfortunately we only get to practice/check out on a mannequin.
Unfortunately for me that is, not for the 'patient'!€ť
--John Kuthe in alt.punk 11/18/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 16:11:57 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> I don't care what is on Bryan's Facebook newsfeed.

Yeah - it's about as interesting as John posting his Craigslist
finds.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 16:23:22 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 16:11:57 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I don't care what is on Bryan's Facebook newsfeed.

>Yeah - it's about as interesting as John posting his Craigslist
>finds.

It was on topic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:31:58 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

I LOVE fried baloney but I want it m.u.c.h. darker than what's in that
skillet. Pass the mustard!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Can't forget the mustard, Joan!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 4:57:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Can't forget the mustard, Joan!

Fried baloney or fried hog dogs just beg for mustard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 5:29:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 4:57:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >
> > Can't forget the mustard, Joan!
> >

> Fried baloney or fried hog dogs just beg for mustard.

What do fried witchetty grubs beg for?

--Bryan

€śUrethra. The word is urethra.
I'm "checking out on that Monday! In nursing school! How to
catheterize a female patient!!Unfortunately we only get to practice/check out on a mannequin.
Unfortunately for me that is, not for the 'patient'!€ť
--John Kuthe in alt.punk 11/18/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 11:31:55 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

Fried bologna was already on my sandwich list this week.

Perhaps you're buying that mechanically-separated poultry bologna
and not good bologna. Nothing wrong with good beef or beef+pork
bologna. You sound as kooky as John whining about foods you don't
like. Definitely kookier than Julie - her MO doesn't include
announcing stuff in thread-starters out of the blue like this.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 17:58:45 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 11:31:55 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

>Fried bologna was already on my sandwich list this week.
>
>Perhaps you're buying that mechanically-separated poultry bologna
>and not good bologna. Nothing wrong with good beef or beef+pork
>bologna. You sound as kooky as John whining about foods you don't
>like. Definitely kookier than Julie - her MO doesn't include
>announcing stuff in thread-starters out of the blue like this.

This message was brought to you by a top 3 RFC kook.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-09 5:50 p.m., wrote:
> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:31:58 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

> I LOVE fried baloney but I want it m.u.c.h. darker than what's in that
> skillet. Pass the mustard!

I remember back in the early 60s being fed BBQ grilled slices of
bologna. We thought it was pretty good. It was better than hot dogs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/9/2020 4:44 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-08-09 5:50 p.m., wrote:
>> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:31:58 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>>
>>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

>> I LOVE fried baloney but I want it m.u.c.h. darker than what's in that
>> skillet. Pass the mustard!
>>

> I remember back in the early 60s being fed BBQ grilled slices of
> bologna. We thought it was pretty good. It was better than hot dogs.

I never liked Bologna at all. When we were kids, were were fed
Mortadella. My parents weren't into child abuse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 7:06:23 PM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 8/9/2020 4:44 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

> >> I LOVE fried baloney but I want it m.u.c.h. darker than what's in that
> >> skillet. Pass the mustard!
> >>

> > I remember back in the early 60s being fed BBQ grilled slices of
> > bologna. We thought it was pretty good. It was better than hot dogs.
> >

> I never liked Bologna at all. When we were kids, were were fed
> Mortadella. My parents weren't into child abuse.

The local salumeria has had their mortadella w/ pistachios on sale for $2.49/# for the past few weeks. It's great, but I'm about mortadellaed out for a while.
https://www.volpifoods.com/products/...ith-pistachio/

--Bryan

€śUrethra. The word is urethra.
I'm "checking out on that Monday! In nursing school! How to
catheterize a female patient!!Unfortunately we only get to practice/check out on a mannequin.
Unfortunately for me that is, not for the 'patient'!€ť
--John Kuthe in alt.punk 11/18/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 5:49:49 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 5:29:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 4:57:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > >
> > > Can't forget the mustard, Joan!
> > >

> > Fried baloney or fried hog dogs just beg for mustard.

> What do fried witchetty grubs beg for?
>
> --Bryan

I've never heard of them so I don't have a clue what 'goes with' that bug.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 5:50:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:31:58 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
> >

> I LOVE fried baloney but I want it m.u.c.h. darker than what's in that
> skillet. Pass the mustard!

As I recall, I ate mine with ketchup.

I ate ketchup on cold bologna sandwiches, too.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 19:44:17 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-08-09 5:50 p.m., wrote:
>> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:31:58 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>>
>>> Folks in Missouri eat it. Hideous. This was on my FB newsfeed.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

>> I LOVE fried baloney but I want it m.u.c.h. darker than what's in that
>> skillet. Pass the mustard!
>>

>I remember back in the early 60s being fed BBQ grilled slices of
>bologna. We thought it was pretty good. It was better than hot dogs.

I still think fried SPAM is far better than fried bologna.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 2:53:34 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I still think fried SPAM is far better than fried bologna.

UGH.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 2:53:34 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I still think fried SPAM is far better than fried bologna.

I've hardly ever seen the stuff in stores.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

SPAM, that is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message

SPAM, that is.

========

My husband love fried spam

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> Fried SPAM (original) is always quite tasty. I think all the other
> flavors of SPAM are awful... the low salt/fat are disgusting.

I like Spam occasionally but I buy the "25% Less Sodium" kind.
It's still quite salty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 06:55:02 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> Fried SPAM (original) is always quite tasty. I think all the other
>> flavors of SPAM are awful... the low salt/fat are disgusting.

>I like Spam occasionally but I buy the "25% Less Sodium" kind.
>It's still quite salty.

The low salt one has a slimey texture... like they sent it through a
blender. If I was to worry about salt I'd eat oatmeal instead. I
like my SPAM with lots of mustard so that adds more salt. I like
salty foods, I consider a can of anchovies a healthful snack. I enjoy
matjes herring too but it's not easy to find... and the price is
outrageous for what used to be the least expensive food. Now herring
is expensive because they were over fished. They used to sell herring
in tomato sauce in those flat oval cans but for years now it had to be
labled sardines in tomato sauce because it's no longer herring...
sardine is not a kind of fish, can be any small fish.