Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Minor prep cooking this morning

Almost done too.

Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
evaporate but still leave it very moist.

Good to add to almost any food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Saturday, 8 August 2020 10:53:46 UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Almost done too.
>
> Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
> Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
> Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
> Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
> evaporate but still leave it very moist.
>
> Good to add to almost any food.

I am making a vegetable relish...this week's include red onion, celery, all colors of bell peppers, corn, garlic, jalapenos...I use up quite a lot, it is good as a relish, added to salads, or just by itself...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2020 11:54 AM, Gary wrote:
> Almost done too.
>
> Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
> Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
> Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
> Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
> evaporate but still leave it very moist.
>
> Good to add to almost any food.

Only if you like mushrooms. Do those onions turn out to be
carmelized at all or just soft?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 11:53:46 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Almost done too.
>
> Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
> Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
> Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
> Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
> evaporate but still leave it very moist.
>
> Good to add to almost any food.

I went to the store this morning and picked up 3 chickens and
10 pounds of frozen turkey parts (drumsticks and wings). Later
today I'll roast the chicken; tomorrow I'll make chicken stock.

Next weekend I'll roast the turkey parts and make turkey stock.
I would have preferred a whole turkey, but they're hard to come
by this time of year. One store in town had Jennie-o brand,
but those always come with a load of chemicals that make the
stock taste weird.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 11:54:18 -0400, Gary wrote:

> Almost done too.
>
> Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
> Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
> Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
> Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
> evaporate but still leave it very moist.
>
> Good to add to almost any food.

You can slop it over some of your home made baked beans and make
VSTD breakfasts all week! Don't forget the cashews.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 11:54:18 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Almost done too.
>
>Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
>Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
>Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
>Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
>evaporate but still leave it very moist.
>
>Good to add to almost any food.

Nah not for me, I will just stick with my picketed onions and peppers.
They last much longer I now have some that is months old and are sill
great!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Almost done too.

Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
evaporate but still leave it very moist.

Good to add to almost any food.

====

It most certainly is.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 8/8/2020 11:54 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Almost done too.
> >
> > Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
> > Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
> > Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
> > Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
> > evaporate but still leave it very moist.
> >
> > Good to add to almost any food.
> >

> Only if you like mushrooms. Do those onions turn out to be
> carmelized at all or just soft?

I do love mushrooms (all kinds).
I guess you don't.

This time I let them cook a little longer and they
were carmelized. I have mushrooms with a nice onion mush.
Normally, I go for soft but still recognizable onions slices.

Not a fail this time, but different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I went to the store this morning and picked up 3 chickens and
> 10 pounds of frozen turkey parts (drumsticks and wings). Later
> today I'll roast the chicken; tomorrow I'll make chicken stock.

I'm out of chicken stock so will make more today or tomorrow.

> Next weekend I'll roast the turkey parts and make turkey stock.

I should look for turkey parts. I love that stock much better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 11:54:18 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>>
>>>Almost done too.
>>>
>>>Large skillet with some olive oil and butter.
>>>Cook down a pound of onion and a pound of mushrooms (white).
>>>Then add a little water and a lid and let it all cook more.
>>>Finally, take off the lid and let some of the liquid
>>>evaporate but still leave it very moist.
>>>
>>>Good to add to almost any food.

>>Nah not for me, I will just stick with my picketed onions and peppers.
>>They last much longer I now have some that is months old and are sill
>>great!

>Can anybody tell me what a picketed onion is?

For those in the cheap seats that can not figure out what a word
should be out of context I will help Pickled... Ya know sometimes
spell check is not a good thing.
It is those time when said spell check is putting out incorrect
information that the reader generally will have to rely on their
common cents to try and put 2 and 2 together and actually get 4 unless
your name is joan and you end up getting like 4u3.c#0. Now speaking
reasonably I have no idea how she or her or whatever would come up
with an alpha numeric value for a simple math equation, but I have no
doubt that is the exact answer joan would come up with and swear to
her almighty sky daddy that it is the correct answer.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/08/2020 12:04, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 03:40:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>> Or "free rein". Your spell check won't help with that.

> Close enough. Most people here wouldn't even notice.

True. I've seen site/cite/sight, coarse/course, peek/peak/pique, and
quite a few other sound-alikes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 10/08/2020 12:04, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 03:40:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> Or "free rein". Your spell check won't help with that.

>> Close enough. Most people here wouldn't even notice.
>>

>True. I've seen site/cite/sight, coarse/course, peek/peak/pique, and
>quite a few other sound-alikes.

Bare with me while I think of more examples.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 1:43:57 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:41:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >For someone who claims (falsely) to be super intelligent, and we should
> >be in awe of your super-brain,

> He said his IQ was 120 or something. That's alright, but not super
> intelligent.

I think he meant to type 20 and his finger slipped. He's certainly not
overloaded with brain cells.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister
> > wrote:
>
>> On 10/08/2020 12:04, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 03:40:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Close enough. Most people here wouldn't even notice.
>>>

>> True. I've seen site/cite/sight, coarse/course, peek/peak/pique, and
>> quite a few other sound-alikes.

> Bare with me while I think of more examples.

council/counsel/consul
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 3:11:49 PM UTC-4, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister
> > > wrote:

> >> True. I've seen site/cite/sight, coarse/course, peek/peak/pique, and
> >> quite a few other sound-alikes.

> > Bare with me while I think of more examples.
> >

> council/counsel/consul

So many of these homonyms break down over regional accents. Where I'm
from, marry and merry are pronounced the same. Aunt and ant are also
pronounced the same here but not elsewhere.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/08/2020 20:29, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 3:11:49 PM UTC-4, S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister
>>> Bare with me while I think of more examples.

>> council/counsel/consul

> So many of these homonyms break down over regional accents. Where I'm
> from, marry and merry are pronounced the same. Aunt and ant are also
> pronounced the same here but not elsewhere.

There's an amusing Scottish song which uses marry, merry and Mary, words
which in some areas are pronounced identically (not in most of Scotland,
though).

My NZ cousins pronounce fairy and ferry the same - really confused my
mother when she was visiting them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:29:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 3:11:49 PM UTC-4, S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
>> > On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister

>> > Bare with me while I think of more examples.
>> >

>> council/counsel/consul

>So many of these homonyms break down over regional accents. Where I'm
>from, marry and merry are pronounced the same. Aunt and ant are also
>pronounced the same here but not elsewhere.

These things make the English accent hard for foreigners. The
difference between bet, bed, bad, bat. Or hat, had, head. Lucky that
you don't have het and hed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:50:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 1:43:57 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:41:03 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >For someone who claims (falsely) to be super intelligent, and we should
>> >be in awe of your super-brain,

>> He said his IQ was 120 or something. That's alright, but not super
>> intelligent.
>>

>I think he meant to type 20 and his finger slipped. He's certainly not
>overloaded with brain cells.

Maybe one can have (great) intelligence but apply it wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 21:01:58 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 10/08/2020 20:29, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> council/counsel/consul

>> So many of these homonyms break down over regional accents. Where I'm
>> from, marry and merry are pronounced the same. Aunt and ant are also
>> pronounced the same here but not elsewhere.
>>

>There's an amusing Scottish song which uses marry, merry and Mary, words
>which in some areas are pronounced identically (not in most of Scotland,
>though).
>
>My NZ cousins pronounce fairy and ferry the same - really confused my
>mother when she was visiting them.

I guess Kiwis sound as funny to Australians as Australians do to
Americans and English.

Australian soldiers are in a desperate situation during the war.
Suddenly English soldiers join them. An Australian soldier says to an
English soldier: "Did you come here to die?" The Englishman replies:
"No, we arrived yesterday".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 3:14:39 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:50:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I think he meant to type 20 and his finger slipped. He's certainly not
> >overloaded with brain cells.

> Maybe one can have (great) intelligence but apply it wrong.

Sorry, but he slipped through the cracks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-10 1:11 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
> On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister
>> > wrote:

>>> True. I've seen site/cite/sight, coarse/course, peek/peak/pique, and
>>> quite a few other sound-alikes.

>> Bare with me while I think of more examples.
>>

> Â*
> council/counsel/consul

Principle/principal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-10 1:11 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
> On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister
>> > wrote:

>>> True. I've seen site/cite/sight, coarse/course, peek/peak/pique, and
>>> quite a few other sound-alikes.

>> Bare with me while I think of more examples.
>>

> Â*
> council/counsel/consul

I just wish people would use practice and practise correctly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:26:09 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2020-08-10 1:11 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister

>>> Bare with me while I think of more examples.
>>>

>> *
>> council/counsel/consul

>I just wish people would use practice and practise correctly.

I detest it when people say 'off of' - so unnecessary.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-10 4:38 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:26:09 -0600, graham > wrote:

>>> Â*
>>> council/counsel/consul

>> I just wish people would use practice and practise correctly.

> I detest it when people say 'off of' - so unnecessary.

I agree.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:33:15 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 3:14:39 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:50:43 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I think he meant to type 20 and his finger slipped. He's certainly not
>> >overloaded with brain cells.

>> Maybe one can have (great) intelligence but apply it wrong.
>>

>Sorry, but he slipped through the cracks.

Bobby Fischer was intelligent, but crazy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2020 3:53 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2020-08-10 4:38 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>> I just wish people would use practice and practise correctly.

>> I detest it when people say 'off of' - so unnecessary.
>>

> I agree.

oh brother. of all the things to be concerned with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/08/2020 23:26, graham wrote:
> On 2020-08-10 1:11 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister
>>> Bare with me while I think of more examples.
>>>

>> Â*Â*
>> council/counsel/consul

> I just wish people would use practice and practise correctly.

Licence and license

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 08:29:46 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 10/08/2020 23:26, graham wrote:
>>>>
>>> Â*Â*
>>> council/counsel/consul

>> I just wish people would use practice and practise correctly.

>Licence and license

Price and prize?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 6:26:12 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:
> On 2020-08-10 1:11 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
> > On 10/08/2020 19:23, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:55:54 +0100, S Viemeister

> >> Bare with me while I think of more examples.
> >>

> > Â*
> > council/counsel/consul

> I just wish people would use practice and practise correctly.

In U.S. spelling, practice is always correct and practise is
always incorrect.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Australian soldiers are in a desperate situation during the war.
> Suddenly English soldiers join them. An Australian soldier says to an
> English soldier: "Did you come here to die?" The Englishman replies:
> "No, we arrived yesterday".

heh heh Good one!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:41:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Fo

I am so so sorry something must have happened in the transmission
between your computer and everyone else that does not give a ****.

oh yeah I have said this before in other newsgroups but I will say
this again just for you because I know you surely need a little help.
Usenet is an informal area for posting. Sentences do not matter, caps
do not matter. nothing matters
It is as if you were posting on a bulletin board.

And yes I know you will disagree with me, but please go ahead so
everyone in here will look up the information and make you once again
look like a complete ass that has very little scents.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____