Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Minor prep cooking this morning

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 2:04:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:41:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Fo

> I am so so sorry something must have happened in the transmission
> between your computer and everyone else that does not give a ****.
>
> oh yeah I have said this before in other newsgroups but I will say
> this again just for you because I know you surely need a little help.
> Usenet is an informal area for posting. Sentences do not matter, caps
> do not matter. nothing matters
> It is as if you were posting on a bulletin board.

You're not wrong, but you're not right, either.

As you have seen, you are judged on the quality of your writing just
as people are judged on the basis of their appearance, their car's
appearance, or a host of other factors.

For the most part, I cannot be bothered to correct grammar and spelling
on Usenet (unless it's a funny typo), because I used to get paid
to copy edit and proofread technical manuals.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:30:25 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 1:04:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>>
>>> I am so so sorry something must have happened in the transmission
>>> between your computer and everyone else that does not give a ****.
>>>
>>> oh yeah I have said this before in other newsgroups but I will say
>>> this again just for you because I know you surely need a little help.
>>> Usenet is an informal area for posting. Sentences do not matter, caps
>>> do not matter. nothing matters
>>> It is as if you were posting on a bulletin board.
>>>

>> Maybe over there on the fabulous Quora, y'all post like you're on a chat
>> group. But if you notice, if you have the sense, people here post in
>> full sentences. With proper punctuation! And with proper grammar! I
>> know that head injury makes you think you're on par with Albert Einstein
>> but face it, you're no candidate for the Mensa Society.

> I don't really care as long as I can understand it. I do appreciate if
> people don't use endless Google Groups lines and if they sometimes
> start a new paragraph if the post is long.
> But that's no biggie either, unless you're Greg Sorrow and you post
> entire copied articles in Google Groups diarrhea format. But that's
> always right-wing propaganda, so it's easily skipped.

Tell him. He's here Druce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2020, 1:30 p.m. -0700 (PDT), " wrote:
>On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 1:04:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> I am so so sorry something must have happened in the transmission
>> between your computer and everyone else that does not give a ****.
>>
>> oh yeah I have said this before in other newsgroups but I will say
>> this again just for you because I know you surely need a little help.
>> Usenet is an informal area for posting. Sentences do not matter, caps
>> do not matter. nothing matters
>> It is as if you were posting on a bulletin board.
>>

>Maybe over there on the fabulous Quora, y'all post like you're on a chat
>group...

Come to think of it, it's almost a lot like that here, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:41:03 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Fo

>> I am so so sorry something must have happened in the transmission
>> between your computer and everyone else that does not give a ****.
>>
>> oh yeah I have said this before in other newsgroups but I will say
>> this again just for you because I know you surely need a little help.
>> Usenet is an informal area for posting. Sentences do not matter, caps
>> do not matter. nothing matters
>> It is as if you were posting on a bulletin board.
>>
>> And yes I know you will disagree with me, but please go ahead so
>> everyone in here will look up the information and make you once again
>> look like a complete ass that has very little scents.

>Childish + Dumb + Pompous don't mix well. It's like a tossed salad
>of lettuce, Nutella, and spaghetti sauce.
>
>-sw

yeah I have tried to express to her the same things but it never gets
through

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 18:26:16 -0500, Hank Rogers >

>> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:35:58 -0700 (PDT),
>> wrote:

>>> Come to think of it, it's almost a lot like that here, too.

>> LOL
>> Actually Quora is made for more formal posting. Things that are
>> clearly untrue or just a plain lie are not allowed really so most of
>> what our resident intenet cop here would post there would eventually
>> get her thrown off.
>>

>Why the hell would anybody go anywhere else? We have an old sailor
>here that knows everything, been everywhere.
>
>He's so old he probably had sex with your mamma.

Yeah but sailors are pretty much one track thinkers... It is all about
the tides, it is about which direction the whales are swimming, it is
about how wood floats better on wednesday as opposed to tuesday, and
most of all everything depends on if there are too many birds that are
sitting on the top of the mast during an over seas passage.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____