Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I eat Garlic Potatoes with most things:

It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:

5 lbs potatoes

4 cups 40% cream /w/ milk to thin (cooks off)

1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)

Gruyere swiss cheese

Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)

In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.

Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.

Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 7:41:47 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
>
> 5 lbs potatoes
>
> 4 cups 40% cream /w/ milk to thin (cooks off)
>
> 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
>
> 1 tsp salt
>
> 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
>
> Gruyere swiss cheese
>

> Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
>
> In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
>
> Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
>
> Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
>

> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

And Bryan, email me at

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 8:03:54 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 7:41:47 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
> >
> > 5 lbs potatoes
> >
> > 4 cups 40% cream /w/ milk to thin (cooks off)
> >
> > 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
> >
> > 1 tsp salt
> >
> > 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
> >
> > Gruyere swiss cheese
> >

> > Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
> >
> > In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
> >
> > Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
> >
> > Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
> >

> > John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

> And Bryan, email me at
>
> John Kuthe...

Remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bl-vbBnJ3I

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 8:03:54 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> And Bryan, email me at

John, while am glad that we both seem to be able to both participate in this NG, and be civil, I do not, and would never have anything to do with you on any personal level. Ever. Nothing more needs to be, or should be said except enjoy your potatoes.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2020 8:41 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
>
> 5 lbs potatoes
>
> 4 cups 40% cream /w/ milk to thin (cooks off)
>
> 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
>
> 1 tsp salt
>
> 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
>
> Gruyere swiss cheese
>

> Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)

You could actually *plant* those sprouting cloves in a pot and grow your
own garlic.

> In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
>
> Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
>
> Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
>

> John Kuthe

Congratulations. You made potatoes au gratin with garlic.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2020 9:03 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 7:41:47 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
>>

>> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

> And Bryan, email me at
>
> John Kuthe...

Please don't resort to begging. I'm sure if Bryan wanted to contact you
he would.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 10:02:21 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:

> I bet John is bereft 'cuz he has no renters/no job, he is all lonely these daze...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

He can thank the overloaded garlic potatoes for having no job. And the
fact that he's computer illiterate when it comes to coding in medications.